What will happen in new patch reguarding weymouth?

they are likely to die by 5pm today all there players have left and only under18 squad still there

these kids are set to play every game if weymouth do survive and are currently losing 6-0 to rushden at home

will this be shown in the new patch

also there over 500k in debt

It was 8-0 last time I checked. I suppose, if they cease to exist, SI would have to find a way to programme the BSP with an odd number of teams for one season.

Oh, and how do you know Rushden aren't going easy on them?! Perhaps it could be 20-0 by now if they weren't. Wonder if any Weymouth fans have turned up.

this would depend on whether the patch has gone to 'code-lock' or not. If it has then anything that happens after this point wont be in. However there is no way for us to know if the patch is 'code-locked' as SI are unlikely to confirm this.

good old Rushden, live near Nene Park :)

This is a good thread to ask one of my related questions actually, in my old Championship manager game: CM4 Clubs used to come up on the news screen, saying there out of money and are looking to get rid of their players for quick money, is this still in FM09, as i havent seen this yet and i must of done about 10 seasons in total?

Hardly good sportsmanship if rushden decided to play a full strength team. It would be a show of solidarity for Weymouth if R+D played their youth as well. As it stands, it's just them taking advantage of a team who are struggling with crippling debt. Not fair play at all IMO.

You can't expect the league to step in because of Rushden playing their strongest team. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I agree that playing their strongest team seems less than sporting, but Rushden's main responsibilities are to themselves and their own fans. I'm sure most other clubs would have done the same thing and to suggest the league should step in is crazy.

good old Rushden, live near Nene Park :)

This is a good thread to ask one of my related questions actually, in my old Championship manager game: CM4 Clubs used to come up on the news screen, saying there out of money and are looking to get rid of their players for quick money, is this still in FM09, as i havent seen this yet and i must of done about 10 seasons in total?

Yes, teams can become bankrupt and go into receivership.

You can't expect the league to step in because of Rushden played their strongest team. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I agree that playing their strongest team seems less than sporting, but Rushden's main responsibilities are to themselves and their own fans. I'm sure most other clubs would have done the same thing and to suggest the league should step in is crazy.

I agree. It is like in a match if the team kicks the ball out of play for an injured player and then the other team don't give it back, it is bad sportmanship but the referee should not and cannot step in.

I wasn't suggesting the league step in, and I realise teams have their own goals to achieve, but to possibly rest a few first teamers wouldn't be out of the question?

It was freyno who said "I hope the league step in". I know you weren't suggesting that.

I did kinda think to myself at the time that it was a bit off for Rushden to be so ruthless with poor Weymouth. :D

I guess that they saw it as an opportunity because they've been performing well under what's expected of them this season.

yes but i what i mean is that all the other teams had to play against pros

and what i meant is that the league should take all the points off every one who played them that means it doesnt effect the league come end of season

That is what usually happens if a teams pulls out during the season.

yes but i what i mean is that all the other teams had to play against pros

and what i meant is that the league should take all the points off every one who played them that means it doesnt effect the league come end of season

Actually, not all teams in the BSP are professional, so that's not true. I can see your point, though. There is an issue regarding the fact that some teams will have lost to a full-strength Weymouth side, while Rushden have had the advantage of playing a bunch of kids. What I thought you were suggesting is that Rushden should be punished by the league for playing a strong team.

Really sorry to see what has happened to Weymouth

We (St Albans) were big rivals with them a couple of years ago, they beat use to the Connie South title, but this is isn't the first time this has happened this season in non-league, and it certainly won't be the last

Lewes are in trouble - on a brighter side Merthyr Tydfil have secured their short term future after a whip round by the fans

This, in my opinion, shows that the objections to Donna Powell's one game in charge were not sexist - people are angry at this 9-0 result too as it is an easy 3 points for Rushden, as people thought it would be for Eastleigh, which will affect the lead - there are no females involved here - but people are still angry.

But in all seriousness, very bad sportsmanship by R+D, why on earth would you play a full strength side against a team of kids? Very Very unethical.

I would have thought the answer is obvious. To further their own aims. I'm not saying it's ethical and I agree it is completely unsporting, but I bet plenty of other teams would have done the same and, as I've said, Rushden's priorities and loyalties are with themselves and their own fans.

Even fielding a half strength team would secure the win. But come on, against a team of U-18's surely it is logical to rest some key players anyway? And what kind of viewing must that have made for Weymouth fans? I for one would not field a full strength side, because what has happened to Weymouth is tragic for them and their fans. Even Luton got a better deal, at least they have the team to earn points.

You can only face the team that's put in front of you. Had Weymouth turned up against Rushden and Diamonds with the entire Spanish national squad, Rushden would have had to suck up the likely massive defeat; they turned up with a bunch of kids and Rushden got a massive victory.

Hopefully teams loan them players so that they can survive in BSP for at least this season.]

If every member of this forum chipped in 50p, Weymouth would get £65,149.50. Not a lot, as they are 500k in debt, but still something.

To clear the debt, it would have to be £5 each, again, not a lot.

On one note, however, they have REDUCED their ticket prices? Surely the Wey fans would understand if they went up?

£1 for children. I would go, just to watch football, at that price. £10 for adults, £5 for concessions.

If you live near Weymouth, make the trip, watch the team.

Get a shirt, because it could be a collectors shirt soon sadly :(

Archived