FMS Community Thread Mk II

Terk

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as it annoys me that people still continue to call me a glory hunter despite supporting United since my dad took me to old trafford when I was a four year old, I will answer this question without a hint of that annoyance.

I am not dismissing the trophy, I just think that in comparison to the domestic league trophy, the European trophy should not take prioirty. We play more games, against more clubs and spend more time trying to win the Premier League, so I will be prouder to win that. There's nothing wrong with wanting to win the league title over the european cup.

Oh, on a side note, congratulations Tenthree on becoming a mod :)

Too busy wanting to catch up with the mighty Liverpools record :D

Nah, I'm the only Scot left in the powerbase. The forum used to be Scotland dominated, how I long for those days :(

Actually, Faramir and I just WISH we were Scottish. :D You should see my wallpaper ATM.

A scot born in Liverpool and part-raised in Yorkshire wasn't it? With one English parent? ;)

Born in Leeds, part raised in Yorkshire, part raised in Edinburgh, one Scouse parent, one Scottish parent, consider myself a Scot.

Nah, I'm the only Scot left in the powerbase. The forum used to be Scotland dominated, how I long for those days :(

Well, here in America, I remember a great movie (before they killed it with inferior sequels) called Highlander. The basic conflict of the movie is that "There can be only one".

Well, Terk, it seems that you are the One. :thup:

Well, here in America, I remember a great movie (before they killed it with inferior sequels) called Highlander. The basic conflict of the movie is that "There can be only one".

Well, Terk, it seems that you are the One. :thup:

I'll certainly admit that the sequels were a lot worse, but I thought Highlander was a pretty dreadful movie in its own right. I think more than anything it was the dodgy accents that ruined it for me. Sean Connery as a Scottish sounding Argentinean? Doesn't sit well with me.

Well I think that's that as far as the top four is concerned. Arsenal aren't really much of a determined team, IMO they're more of a momentous team. Once they get into their rythm, you don't want to play them. But when they're not in form, they find it hard to change that. Therefor I'm pretty sure we should win this game today and Man U should beat them in a week's time or whenever it is.

Well done to Liverpool, this has been their best PL campaign in years I think. But, once again, my congratulations go to United and their fans. Again, they've deserved it and if(:p) they win then I can have no complaints.

PS

Thank the lord, Arsenal have brought Bendtner on :D now we know they're not going to score today :p

Eduardo is someone you need, just a natural goalscorer. Van Persie shows flashes, Adebayor likewise and Bendtner is okay, but when you haven't really got too many from midfield you need a goalscorer, although Arsharvin from midfield will most likely change that.

Arsenal badly, badly need a midfield enforcer and a Cb, Hangeland and Hmmmm defensive midfielder these days?

although knowing Wenger, he'll adopt a 9 year old African.

Eduardo is someone you need' date=' just a natural goalscorer. Van Persie shows flashes, Adebayor likewise and Bendtner is okay, but when you haven't really got too many from midfield you need a goalscorer, although Arsharvin from midfield will most likely change that.

Arsenal badly, badly need a midfield enforcer and a Cb, Hangeland and Hmmmm defensive midfielder these days?

although knowing Wenger, he'll adopt a 9 year old African.[/quote']

Vela is also so clinical. Him and Eduardo would be incredible :rolleyes: But maybe he's still a bit young. Flamini back please :) With Zapata at the back and we can do a real good job next season.

There hasn't actually been too many stand out signings.

I'd say the two stand out signings for this season have been Brede Hangeland and James Beattie.

Hangeland - very impressive at the centre of Fulham's defence, especially when at home.

Beattie - his goals since his arrival at Stoke City have been pivotal to the Potter's survival this season.

I'd say the two stand out signings for this season have been Brede Hangeland and James Beattie.

Hangeland - very impressive at the centre of Fulham's defence, especially when at home.

Beattie - his goals since his arrival at Stoke City have been pivotal to the Potter's survival this season.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Hangeland was brought in January last year, hence why I didn't mention him.

Beattie I suppose, but if you include Beattue, you have to include Arsharvin, both in January, both been brilliant for their respective teams, Ps. I hate Stoke, they killed our season, nearly as much as I hate Liverpool and Arsenal :mad: more in fact.

Archived