The FM08 Career Thread

Liverpool would be very hard to turn down Congrats on Europe though :thup: I have no idea why these teams employ me, but another one has! Marieham in Sweden's second div have given me another chance to try and forge a career that is more then relegation! You know, before this challenge I used to think I was ok at this game, Now I think I'm crap! lol

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck, I'm sure you will do better this time.

Well, the Liverpool job became available and I was linked to it so applied. Annoyingly I then got turned down. I also applied for the Russia job and was accepted so I now manage the Russian Champions and the Russian National Team. There are no decent club jobs available so it looks like I'll be giving the champions league a go. Also, things are looking up as it seems that my EURO Cup win has convinced some of my players to renew their contracts.

Well, I started with Karlskoga, deep in the regional divisions (second division Södra Götaland, which is the fourth tier of Swedish football).

Now this really is a challenge. Deep in debt and £800 for wages. Squad is awful, have about two half decent players. No wages left to sign anyone so I had to free transfer most of the youth team just to bring in a scout and a coach!

Have signed up two oldies on a free transfer, one who loves the club and is delighted to come back, each of them took a wage of £5 a week!

So far, I've shipped about 3 goals for every friendly game I've played. Pre-season reads something like this: won 1, lost 4. Shipping so many goals. Managed to sign up two centre-forwards on loan from a first division elite club, so it seems clear that my tactic for this season will be to attack and win every game 4-3!

Oh, and my average attendance for pre-season has been a whopping 25ish people. I hope that this 'crowd' can be the 12th man this season! :D

I really have no idea how I will do this season. I'm having a lot of fun in Sweden already though!

I loaded a game with the entire British league structure, the top two Russian leagues, and all the Swedish leagues. The game seems to be running fine for the most part.

My manager has reputation set at Professional, and I applied for the job at Stafford Rangers in the Blue Square Premier. With no transfer funds available I managed to sign a few players on loan.

So far we have gone without a win all pre season, managing 2 draws, and the remaining matches were losses. The first match of the season was at home (can't remember who it was against), ending with a scoreline of 3-4.

The second match brought a hard fought draw, in which I lost 3 players to long term injuries. With the injury crisis and the rapidly increasing finance defecit, i'm expecting relegation unless I manage to get some good players through loans asap.

Stal Dniprodzergyns'k (Stal Dn) - Persha Leha - Ukraine - 2007/08

A little background info to coincide with the club info. Looking back at their history Stal Dn were promoted to Persha Leha back in 2003 when they won the Ukrainian Second League. When i arrived we already had a parent club, Shakhtar. This would no doubt help a fair bit.

Media Prediction - 12th

Finished - 15th

Transfer Budget - Zilch

Transfers - 10 in for 3k, 1 out for 150k

They quality of players we had to begin with were ok but we needed improvement like with every club. We had no funds to help until midway through the season we struck gold with the sale of what had to be our best player. We only got 5% of the transfer fee to spend but it helped a little, enabled me to spend some money on 2 players. Whooo.

We never really got going in the league, we struggled to get any sort of run going and when we finally did it was the odd win in with about 6 draws. Progress some might say but when every other team around you managed to also not lose. It seemed that when we won, they all won, when we drew, they all drew, so on and so forth. Our fitness would probably be the best bet to blame this poor season upon we conceded too many late goals and never killed off a game.

Squad We didn't even manage to get a player to double figures for the season. Quite poor for when we are considered to be a mid tabled side, we managed to stave of relegation by a 7 points. We should have looked comfortable.

Finances After the sale of that player finances rocketed to more than double. I will hopefully have a bit of money for some potential signings through the summer and try and progress this team up the league.

Aims for next Season

• Finish above media prediction
  • Build an established team for the following season
  • Unsure Stal Dn are within the wage budget.
  • Get some staff

Season     Team                 Country    League                 League Finish    Achievements
2007/08    Stal Dn              Ukraine    Persha Leha            15th             -

enjoying life in brazil, the games are fun, most of the time haha

also i finished 7th out of 12 in the Minas State Championship.

im 4th in my 3rd Division group at the minute, and i need to finish 2nd to get to the second stage, cant see it happening, probably going to be playing friendlies for about 5 months again haha.

Just finished pre=season in sweden and despite my reputation of relgating whoever I manage I am being linked with League 2 jobs(stockport and Rochdale).

On another note, my club is on the verge of a takeover so will see if I even have a job in the next few weeks

EC Democrata de Governador Valadares - Brazilian 3rd Division 2008-09

this isnt going to be a big update really.

Minas State Championship

after waiting for about 5months without a game, i started in the state championship, and it probably could have started better, and overall, just better, only winning 3 games.

but i didnt really expect anything from it at all, and my main focus was on the 3rd division group stage.

Minas Final Table

Brazilian 3rd Division - Group 11

i went into this hoping to avoid relegation, most of my games the odds were against me, but i won quite a few of them, i did however, do alot better than i expected, and hopefully i can add to my squad and head for 1st or 2nd to get to the 2nd stage.

i reaaaalllly need a left mid/left winger, i have 2 that are ok, but too old and get tired really quickly, alot of my squad are loans from atletico mineiro and cruzeiro haha, so i hope i can grab a few more of their players for next season.

Final Table

i need to get rid of a few players and get a few more in on free transfers and loans, and hopefully ill get to the 2nd stage next season.

Season       Club                League                            Finished               Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008/09      Democrata GV        Brazilian 3rd - Group 11          5th - Group Stage      Didn't get relegated

now i get to play friendlies or holiday 6months, i need to get some new players first.

also my first time coding, hope it looks ok haha

I've had to start my career again as my laptop crashed whilst saving. I'm going to open the same leagues as before.

Running Belgium, England, Italy, France, Russia, Germany, Spain, Portugal and Holland.

Hoping I can get same club again or another in Russia.

Breaking News (Again)

The Ukrainian FA today appointed former England international player Robert Dawson as their new manager. The move, seen as a outrage by Ukrainian Nationalists who wanted a Ukrainian manager, was not unexpected as Dawson was seen meeting with several high ranking members of the FA last week as well as a brief meeting with Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko.

We now go live to the press conderence.

Reporter 1 -"Mr Dawson, Welcome to Kiev. How do you intend to prove yourself in your first managerial position?"

Me - "I hope I can bring hardwork and dedication that the Ukrainian people deserve from their national team"

Reporter 2 - "Will Andriy Shevchenko play a part in your plans"

Me - "Andriy is a quality player who made the wrong move. He is the first person in my squad as far as Im concerned."

Reporter 1 -"What are your long term goals with the national side?"

Me - "At the moment I intend to push hard for the Euro 2008 Qualifiers Play-offs. However my long term goal is to qualify for the 2010 World Cup."

Reporters - "Thank you Mr Dawson.

We will be following the national side with increased interest to see how this decision pans out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career History

Team

2007/2008 - Ukraine

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aims

Short Term

Attempt to reach Euro 2008 Qualfiers Playoffs

Long Term

1. Qualify for 2010 World Cup

2. Attempt to raise overall squad quality.

Apologies for long post.

Started a new career ( it was intended to be a LLM save but it doesn't matter ). I have loaded the following leagues to the bottom unless stated otherwise:

England ( BSP )

Finland ( You'll see why in a moment )

Italy ( Serie B )

Holland

Portugal

Scotland

Spain

The reason I loaded the finish league is because I wanted to start as a team there. That team was VIFK for short or Vasa IFK for there full name.

Russia/Kuban

Kuban - Russian Premier Division - 2022

Media Prediction: 1st

Transfer Budget: £5mill

Transfers

Again, I was happy to keep the current team and made only one addition before the season. Emma Skin signed as a substitute striker. A number of ageing players were allowed to leave as they were now nowhere near the first team.

However, when the transfer window opened in August, star striker Vladimir Kadushkin was sold. He had been refusing to renew his contract so was allowed to leave for £9.5million. As a replacement, Nikolay Saenko was signed. Alexay Kornilov was also brought in to add some quality to the midfield. A number of scouted foreigners were brought in and subsequently loaned out.

Transfers

League

For the first time in my career, I was aiming to retain the a title. With the same team as last season, I was confident this could be achieved. A decent first half of the season was only disrupted by a 3-0 defeat to title rivals Rostov. This left me in 2nd place going into the mid season break.

My form got more inconsistant after the break as new signings took time to settle. However, a 3-1 win over Rostov kept us in the title race. Towards the end of the season, we then found some form and with 2 games to go, we were 4 points clear. A win in our penultimate game against Tom would do it. 2-0 up and cruising, the league was almost ours. However, Tom scored 2 injury time goals and the match ended a draw. The title would go down to the final game of the season. In a scrappy match, we eventually won 1-0 and were Champions again. In the end, it wouldnt have mattered as Rostov were beaten but it was nice to finish with a win.

Cups

Russian Super Cup: Winners

Russian Cup 2021-2022: Winners

EURO Cup: Winners

EURO Super Cup: Runners Up (vs Real Madrid)

Russian Cup 2022-2023: Knocked out in 7th Round (vs Khimki)

Champions League: Qualified for First Knockout Round

The season started brightly in the cups when a 2-1 win over Lokomotiv Moscow secured the Super Cup. The Russian Cup was also won with relative ease - a 3-1 win over Saturn in the final gave us another trophy.

Our European campaign was undoubtably the story of the season. We had qualified for the knockout stages last season and we soon advanced to the quarters with wins over Stromsgodset and PSV. In the quarters, we were to face Barcelona. I was not optimistic and we were 3-0 down after 15mins. However, a truly magnificent turn around saw us 4-3 up at half time. A late goal made it 4-4 after the first leg. A nervy second leg in Russia finished 1-1 and we were through on away goals.

In the semis, we were to face Basel who had beaten Juventus on away goals to get there. In another tight match, we won the first leg 2-1 and a 3-3 draw in the second saw us through. This set up a final against Valencia. They dominated the game and were 1-0 up at half time. In the seond half, we managed to score twice and the trophy was ours. We really didnt deserve it, scoring two of our four shots during the match.

In the Champions League, we easily qualified for the group stages after beating Stabaek. We were then drawn against Benfica, Everton and Calgliari. We managed to win our first two matches 3-2 against Benfica and Everton despite being behind in both games and being outplayed for most of both matches. A comfortable 2-0 win over Calgliari put us in an extremely strong position. However, a 0-0 draw in the return match and a 3-2 loss to Benfica meant we needed a point against Everton to secure our place in the next round. We were trailing until the 81st minute when new signing Saenko put us level and we went on to win with a goal in injury time.

We play Betis in the 1st Knockout Round.

Summary

I couldnt ask for much more. Apart from the Euro Super Cup, we have won everything we have entered. We are still in the Champions League and I am confident of making the latter stages. The only disappointment was our early Russian Cup exit.

Even better news is that most of the squad will now renew their contracts!

Squad

Last seasons aims

- Win the League - ACHIEVED

- Reach the final of the Russian Cup - ACHIEVED

- Qualify for the 2nd Knockout Round of the EURO Cup - ACHIEVED

- Reach the Champions League 1st Knockout Round - ACHIEVED

Next seasons aims

- Win the League

- Reach the Champions League Quarter Finals

Russia - EURO 2024 Qualifiers

On the 17th July 2022, I was appointed manager of the Russian National Team.

The Russian FA do not want much and do not expect me to qualify for EURO 2024. However, with a decent group, I think I can give it a good go. Managing in Russia means I have a decent knowledge of Russian players and I hope to achieve great things. I will update my progress in the EURO 2024 qualifiers once they are over.

Career so far

2007-2008 Stafford Rangers BSP - 16th (Took over in March)

2008-2009 Stafford Rangers BSP - 12th

2009-2010 Stafford Rangers BSP - 13th

2010-2011 Macclesfield BSP - 4th (Took over in October, beaten in playoff semi)

2011-2012 Macclesfield BSP - 2nd (Playoff winners)

2012-2013 Macclesfield League 2 - 15th

2013-2014 Macclesfield League 2 - 22nd

2014-2015 Macclesfield League 2 - 2nd (Promoted)

2015-2016 Macclesfield League 1 - 16th

2016-2017 Macclesfield League 1 - 12th

2017-2018 Macclesfield League 1 - 10th

2018-2019 Macclesfield League 1 - 1st (Promoted as Champions)

2019 Kuban Russian First Division - 2nd (Took over in August, Promoted)

2020 Kuban Russian Premier Division - 3rd (Qualified for EURO Cup)

2021 Kuban Russian Premier Division - 1st (Champions)

2022 Kuban Russian Premier Division - 1st (Champions)

Honours

2010 Setanta Shield Winners (Stafford)

2012 BSP Playoff Winners (Macclesfield)

2015 Coca Cola League 2 Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2015 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2016 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2018 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2019 Coca Cola League 1 Winners (Macclesfield)

2019 Russian First Division Runners Up (Kuban)

2021 Russian Premier Division Winners (Kuban)

2021 Russian Cup Winners (Kuban)

2022 Russian Premier Division Winners (Kuban)

Breaking News

After Kubans Champions League exit to Betis on away goals, manager David Robinson resigned from his post and immediately declared his interest in the Chelsea job. Chelsea chairman Roman Abramovich then sacked John Terry and offered Robinson the job.

I accepted but I think I will struggle to meet their targets. They want to be challenging for the Premiership in two years but they are currently bottom and 7 points from safety with 9 games to go. If I go down, I may well be sacked before I have even had chance to sign a player.

Wow robbo, another title (7 defets though :() Now off to chelsea. If you do go down you can still challenge. 1st year promotion, 2nd year title challnege. Shouldnt be a problem for a manager of your skill! ;)

Good luck, btw whats your rep now your at chelsea?

My reputation still says Continental. Two matches in and I have only picked up 1 point. Drew to Leicester and lost 4-1 to Sunderland. Looks like I'm going down. Trying to bring my star striker from Kuban to the club though. Without him, I would have had nowhere near as much success. Still gutted about my Champions League exit though.

Slowly today, haven't had to much time to play. I'vre rebuilt the squad (am £100 a week over budget) and after 5 league games its P5 W2 D1 L2 and I sit 6th. Its an ok start. In other news my takeover has fallen through which is good as the incoming chairman wanted to replace me

Not a bad start. Hopefully you can build on that. I've managed to beat Spurs and Stoke but just been beaten by Liverpool. Everyone around me keeps winning so i'm now 8 points from safety with five games left. I still have some of the bottom teams to play but its looking desperate.

Well quite a few players are leaving on a free. The previous manager has allowed their contracts to run down and they are unhappy so will not sign new ones. The team isnt too bad though. They shouldnt be this low down in the league. I wouldnt be surprised if i am pushing for europe if i manage to get promoted first time and keep most of the players.

I'm getting linked to jobs at Man Utd, Fiorentina and AC Milan. I dont know whether I'm willing to jump ship so early though.

Sat down this afternoon to pursue my career with Baktalórántháza, after overachieving by some way last season (enough to be noted as overachievers in the end of season summary) I was sceptical about how well I could do this season. However a few free transfers and a few loan signings later I was feeling pretty confident that my squad was capable of doing as well as the board wanted.(title challengers) A poor pre-season didn't dampen my spirits and I went into my first game of the season confident of victory. Of course it was in the Hungarian Cup against an inferior opposition and when I needed a penalty shoot out to go through a few doubts started creeping in but I reminded myself that was how I had started last season and everything would be fine.

After a second round exit in the cup and sitting in 8th place after 9 league games it looked to me like my next loss would be my last game in charge, a 1-1 draw followed and I kept my job. Next a 0-1 win thanks to a penalty and once again I held on longer still and then after a 90th minute winner in a 2-1 win it seems like maybe I will be staying. I can't help feeling though that one loss could see the end of my reign.

Lets see the board sack me now :D First off a 3-2 win although if they'd scored a penalty at 0-0 it could have been a completely different story. That was followed by a 2-1 win with the winner coming 10 minutes from time. We're now sitting 5th but only 3 points off top spot!!

Russia/Chelsea

After a champions league exit with Kuban, I resigned and promptly took the Chelsea job.

Chelsea - English Premier Division - 2022-2023

Media Prediction: 8th

Transfer Budget: £9mill

Position when I took over: 20th (7 points from safety)

Transfers

N/A

League

Coming in with just 9 games to go meant it was always going to be difficult. 1 point from the first two games made it almost impossible. Despite picking up a few wins, teams around me also picked up points and with 3 games to go, I was 9 points from safety. I won my match but results elsewhere sent me down. I went on to finish bottom.

Cups

N/A

Summary

A disappointing start and my first relegation as a manager. We have the team to bounce back but no transfer budget to bring in any new players.

Squad

Last seasons aims

- Win the League - N/A

- Reach the Champions League Quarter Finals - FAILED

Next seasons aims

- Promotion

Career so far

2007-2008 Stafford Rangers BSP - 16th (Took over in March)

2008-2009 Stafford Rangers BSP - 12th

2009-2010 Stafford Rangers BSP - 13th

2010-2011 Macclesfield BSP - 4th (Took over in October, beaten in playoff semi)

2011-2012 Macclesfield BSP - 2nd (Playoff winners)

2012-2013 Macclesfield League 2 - 15th

2013-2014 Macclesfield League 2 - 22nd

2014-2015 Macclesfield League 2 - 2nd (Promoted)

2015-2016 Macclesfield League 1 - 16th

2016-2017 Macclesfield League 1 - 12th

2017-2018 Macclesfield League 1 - 10th

2018-2019 Macclesfield League 1 - 1st (Promoted as Champions)

2019 Kuban Russian First Division - 2nd (Took over in August, Promoted)

2020 Kuban Russian Premier Division - 3rd (Qualified for EURO Cup)

2021 Kuban Russian Premier Division - 1st (Champions)

2022 Kuban Russian Premier Division - 1st (Champions)

2022-2023 Chelsea English Premiership - 20th (Took over in March, relegated)

Honours

2010 Setanta Shield Winners (Stafford)

2012 BSP Playoff Winners (Macclesfield)

2015 Coca Cola League 2 Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2015 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2016 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2018 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2019 Coca Cola League 1 Winners (Macclesfield)

2019 Russian First Division Runners Up (Kuban)

2021 Russian Premier Division Winners (Kuban)

2021 Russian Cup Winners (Kuban)

2022 Russian Premier Division Winners (Kuban)

This looked like a really fun thing so i tried it and straight away applied for the slovakia, i got the job but unfortunatly as i picked to start the game at the start of the english season we were already half way throught the Euro Cup qualifiers. By the time i got the job the table looked like this...

1. Germany P:6 Pts:19

2. Czech Republic P:7 Pts:14

--------------------------------

3. Ireland P:7 Pts:13

4. SLOVAKIA P:7 Pts:9

5. Wales P:7 Pts:7

6. Cyprus P:7 Pts:7

7 San Marino P:7 Pts:0

Well at last I have managed to finish a season without being relgated:D lol,

I was predicted to finish 6th and I finished 5th. I would have been much higher up but my bloody chairman decided that the best way to support me was to sell my players :mad: he sold both my lbs and my best cm how was my driving force and the best player in the league by a mile. How much did I make from my player sales? A grand total of 1k! I have also lossed my top scorer as he didnt want a new contarct. he scored 18 in 22 games and was second in the scoring charts.

I have manged to line up deals for a couple of new strikers for next season and with a couple of squad players and no selling from my chariman I belive I can win the title next year:thup:

Tai Po (Hong Kong) 10.1.2008-8.11.2013

My First club, and my first task was to save them from relegation, as they started in 9th, out of ten teams, with the bottom two teams relegated, and just 6 games to go. I managed to push us up to 8th, avoiding being relegated in my first job. The next season we strengthened and finished 5th, and the next season 3rd, also winning our first silverware, the Hong Kong League Cup.

In 2011, we had a lot of success, retained the league cup, and added the Senior Challenge Shield and the first division to our silverware. In 2012, we retained the first division title, but were unable to retain the other trophies, but we did win the FA Cup as a consolation.

Our league win in 2011 entered us into the Asian Football Confederation Cup, where we reached the final, although there was heartbreak in the final. We lost the first leg at home 2-1, and then went 3-0 down in the first twenty minutes away from home. We sensationally pulled it back to 4-3 to us, which would win it for us on away goals, only for them to score a last minute goal and win it.

In 2013, we made up for it, completing a clean sweep of the cups with the League Cup, Challenge Shield and FA Cup, as well as the league, athough we needed 10 more points to win it that our first year of winning it. We also won the Asian Football Confederation Cup, to make up for the disappointment, and that would be my last match as I resigned after nearly 6 years in charge.

Season 1

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Confederations Cup 2012

Confederations Cup 2013

Landmarks

Stars: Andre, Veron, Kweku, Latifu, Bruno, Munoz, Yongchi.

Made use of transfer listed Brazilians/Argentines as well as Chinese who gained Hong Kong Nationality in just three years. You are allowed 7 foreigners in the Hong Kong competitions, but only 3 in the Asian competitions

Honours:

Hong Kong League Cup 2010, 2011, 2013

Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield 2011, 2013

Hong Kong FA Cup 2012, 2013

Coolpoint Ventilation First Division 2011, 2012. 2013

Asian Football Confederations Cup 2013

Beijing Hongdeng (China) 4.1.2014-6.4.2014

The only job that was available was a new promoted side into Chinas Super League. I brought some of my Chinese Players off Tai Po as there were very little players to choose from, but it didn’t go very well, with 5 losses in the league out of five, with only a solitary win in the cup. I decided to resign and go job hunting again.

Honours:

None

Landmarks

Jomo Cosmos (South Africa) 11.5.2014-21.12.2017

Having declared interest in the job, they promptly sacked their manager and offered me the job, with two league games to go, and I won one and lost one.

The next season we strengthened, and finished third, achieved entry in to the African Cup Winners Cup, and were so close to the tile. In 2015/2016 we took one of numerous cups, the Super Eight Cup, and also went onto to win the League for the first time, and in the 2016 African Cup Winners Cup, beating Egyptian side Ismaily 5-0 in the final. In 2016/2017, we secured the Charity Cup as well as the title for the second time. Having the won the castle premiership last season, we entered the African Champions League, which we won, beating fellow south Africans Ajax CT to win the African Cups in consecutive years. We weren’t the first side to do this, or even the first South African side, with Bloem Cetlic having won both the Champions League and Cup Winners cup the year before us.

We also added the African Super cup before I left at the end of 2017 to seek a new job. Before this we had a chance to compete in the World Club Championship. We beat New York to reach the semis, but we lost to Arsenal before winning the third place Playoff

Season 2014/2015

Season 2015/2016

Season 2016/2017

Cup Winners Cup

Champions League

Stars: Nhlapo, Salie, Mphela, Maduna, Masango, Nkosi, Makhanya, Kinch, Tahourou, Mahlangu, Johnson, Farouk, Tembo.

Annoying foreigners rules in South Africa, you are only allowed 5 foreigners, and they have to get work permits

Honours:

Super Eight Cup 2015, 2017

Telecom Charity Cup 2016

Coco Cola Cup 2017

Castle Premiership 2016, 2017

African Cup Winners Cup 2016

African Super Cup 2017

MTN/CAF Champions League Cup 2017

River Plate (Argentina) 5.1.2018-24.12.2018

The first big job I was offered was the River job, which I took immediately. With the star of the side Falco, and they also had former Tai Po star Iani Veron, who was still a legend at 30, helped power us to the title in my first league stage, winning the closing stage by one point from Boca. My star signings were Zuculini, Fernandez , Soro and Nimo, they all helped contribute to the Copa Sudamerica title, which River and Boca automatically enter, regardless of where they finish. However, we only finished third in the opening stage of the next stage , having to play all the top teams away from home, which the board were unhappy with. This combined with lack of money, (Yes I had spent about 30 million in transfers but hey) led to me declaring interest in Sao Paulo Job, which was promptly offered to me, and I took.

Copa Sudamericana 2018

Closing Stage 2018/2019

Opening Stage 2019/2020

Honours:

Primera Divison Argentina Closing Stage 2018

Copa Sudamericana 2018

São Paulo (Brazil) 24.12.2018 - Current

The main reason for taking over Sao Paulo was the amazing squad they had, although lack of participation in La Copa Libertadores de America was disappointing, although it gave us an opportunity to win the clubs first Copo do Brasil. The stars of the side were Bernardo (World-wide reputation), Nelson, Leandro, Lima, Carioca , Fabio. I then signed some more excellent players, such as Hornos, Lugo, Rodrigues , and Aguilera to strengthen the side.

The first competition we entered was the State Championship, Campeonato Paulista, where we came 2nd in the league stage, only losing away to Palmeiras. We then beat Santos 4-0 and 2-1 in the semi final, before beating Palmeiras 7-1 in the first leg, and losing 5-3 in the second leg to win it. In the Copo do Brasil we reached the semi finals, drawing the first leg 2-2 away from home, before a shock 2-1 loss at home sending us out.

In the Brasilierio we lost just twice, but were pushed all the way to the title by fast emerging rivals Palmeiras, winning by just two points, while beating Former team River in the Copa Sudamerica. Eduardo Salles

was the top scorer , scoring 80 goals in 71 games. At the end of the season i reluctantly accepted a bid of 27.5 million +50% with just a year left on his contract.

Brasileiro 2019

State Championship2019

State Championship2019

Copo do Brasil 2019

Copa Sudamericana 2019

New signings for 2020 included Fabio, replacing Bernardo, Rossi to strengthen the strike force, and Maximilliano Cavallo, who cost a staggering 16.5 million, although he would become a wonderkid.

In 2020, we won the league stage, although we scored the same amount of points as last season. We were given a relatively easily tie against Portugesa, only to go 4-0 in 30 mins, but we had pulled it back to 5-5 by full time and won the home leg 3-0. Arch nemesis Palmeiras awaiting us, they won 2-1 at their stadium, but a 4-0 win at Morumbi gave us our second state championship in a row.

We added the Copa Libertadores de America to our trophy cabinet, beating River in the quarter finals, Flamengo in the semis and Boca 3-1 in both legs in the final. We also added the Recopa Sudamericana to our honours, beating Boca 3-1 in the home leg, and then 7-1 in the away leg.

Superstar Aguilera was sold by the chairman to Real Madrid for 12 million, so Palomino was brought to replace him.

In the Brasilierio we lost just once, and for so long it looked like we would be unbeaten, until Nautico beat us, although we were easily champions. We also won the Copa Sudamerica, again beating Boca in the final, to complete a perfect season, with Fabio and Cavallo scoring 83 and 53 goals respectively, while Cavallo has since become a World Class striker

Our win in the Libertadores gave us entry into the World Club Championship, where we suffered a shock 4-0 loss to Urawa Reds in the semis, although we beat Santos Laguna to come third again.

Brasileiro 2020

State Championship2020

State Championship2020

Copa Libertadores 2020

Copa Sudamericana 2020

Honours:

Campeonato Paulista 2019, 2020,

Campeonato Brasileiro 2019, 2020

Copa Sudamericana 2019, 2020

Copa Libertadores de America 2020,

Recopa Sudamericana 2020,

Internationally

Vanuatu 12.7.2009-24.11.2010

Took over, did rubbish in the OCE Nations cup, so resigned in search of a better job

Matches

Tonga 21.6.2015-11.10.2015

A 5-0 loss in the first match against Bhutan led to my resignation

Chile 15.7.2018- Current

Finally a decent international job, and a couple of friendly started my reign, with a win over Australia and a loss to Mexico. The first Tournament was the Copa America, where we got easily in the quarter finals, before beating Bolivar to reach the Semis. We lost in extra time to Uruguay, and then lost again to Brazil in the third place playoff. Since then we have been qualifying for the Would Cup, and are in a good position with two games to go.

Fixtures2018

Fixtures2019

Fixtures2020

Fixtures2021

Table

Stars: Reyes, Diaz, Millan, Toro, Venegas, Pizarro, Mena

Me:

Info

Achievements

Started again last night , unemployed , sunday league rep . Applied for every job that was going , and then when the Harrogate and Blyth jobs became insecure i declared my intrest in the (end of feb) , by the start of march , Harrogate had sacked their manager and offered me the job , a 2 yr contract on £150 pw . sitting in 20th pos in the BSN 5 points from safety with 8 games left .

first game as manager of Harrogate ended in a 0-0 draw at home to 13th placed Worcester , we missed a penalty on 85 minutes , but worcester had control of the game .

postives :

clean sheet

one point closer to safety

negatives :

21st with 7 games to go

My save game has become corrupted. So I'll be starting a new game with the same manager rep as before (professional), this time i'll have the following leagues loaded: England (all tiers), Scotland (all tiers), Italy (C1 and above), Wales, and Northern Ireland (all tiers).

I'll be starting as manager of a League 2 team (I can't stand Stafford Rangers), probably either Bradford, Peterborough, or Dagenham. I'll have this save backed up on memory stick so whatever corrupted my previous save shouldn't get at this one.

I've decided to take up this challenge and am determined to play it until the release of FM 09, carving out a nice career for myself. I started using "Automatic" for reputation, and loading a hell of a lot of leagues.

Well, after holdiaying for ages, I've finally recieved a job offer.

So, meet the new manager of Hyde United

I'm taking over on 24th February 2008, with the club in 18th, sitting 3 points safe from the relegation zone.

Wish me luck...

I've decided to take up this challenge and am determined to play it until the release of FM 09, carving out a nice career for myself. I started using "Automatic" for reputation, and loading a hell of a lot of leagues.

Well, after holdiaying for ages, I've finally recieved a job offer.

So, meet the new manager of Hyde:

Manager

I'm taking over on 24th February 2008, with the club in 18th, sitting 3 points safe from the relegation zone.

Wish me luck...

P.S. I would have just posted a link to the screenshot, but I don't know how, since I see no buttons to click on my screen, there are no smilies for me to choose from, etc. It is just the title field, post box, and post icons. I know it sounds stupid, but it's true....and I'm a bit lost.

Fixed it for you.

after holidaying for about half a year, i was approached many times by the likes of Bromley, Workington and other BSN/BSS teams, i ALMOST considered Forest Green in BSP, but i dont want to manage in England right now.

anyway, i was then offered the job at Nublense

ive joined at the end of the season, although i think there is only about 2weeks to wait until pre-season

Archived