The FM08 Career Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Season Team League Finished Achievements

07/08 Nk Krka Slovenian 2nd 1st Champions

08/09 NK Krka Slovenian 1st 10th (last when left)

08/09 Eschborn German Regional West 11th

09/10 Eschborn German Regional West 7th (resigned)

10/11 FC Gratkorn Austrian 1st 5th

11/12 FC Gratkorn Austrian 1st 2nd

12/13 FC Gratkorn Austrian 1st 1st (resigned) Promoted to Austrian Premier

13/14 FC Gratkorn Austrian Premier 9th Qualified for Euro Cup through Fair Play League

14/15 FC Gratkorn Austrian Premier 2nd Runners Up in Austrian FA Cup

15/16 FC Gratkorn Austrian Premier 1st Champions/ Austrian FA Cup Runners Up

16/17 FC Gratkorn Austrian Premier 1st (resigned) Champions/ Super Cup Winners/ FA Cup Runners Up

17/18 Juventus Serie A 1st Champions/ Italian Cup Winners/ Champions League Winners

18/19 Juventus Serie A 1st Champions/ Italian Cup Runners Up

19/20 Juventus Serie A 2nd Italian Cup Runners Up

20/21 Cesena Serie C1/A 6th went sacked </pre>

god i hope this works...

Think I may have found a tactic which may turn our season around, so far in 4 games it has been used we have won two and drawn two, 15 games left to make the play-offs, then in the summer I will scour the transfer market in search of players to fit in with my tactics, these could be exciting times for Boldklubben af 1908.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Season Team League Finished Achievements

----------------------------------------------------------------------

07/08 Nk Krka Slovenian 2nd 1st Champions

08/09 NK Krka Slovenian 1st 10th ---

08/09 Eschborn German Regional West 11th ---

09/10 Eschborn German Regional West 7th ---

10/11 FC Gratkorn Austrian 1st 5th ---

11/12 FC Gratkorn Austrian 1st 2nd ---

12/13 FC Gratkorn Austrian 1st 1st Promoted to Austrian Premier

13/14 FC Gratkorn Austrian Premier 9th Qualified for Euro Cup through Fair Play League

14/15 FC Gratkorn Austrian Premier 2nd Runners Up in Austrian FA Cup

15/16 FC Gratkorn Austrian Premier 1st Champions/ Austrian FA Cup Runners Up

16/17 FC Gratkorn Austrian Premier 1st Champions/ Super Cup Winners/ FA Cup Runners Up

17/18 Juventus Serie A 1st Champions/ Italian Cup Winners/ CL Winners

18/19 Juventus Serie A 1st Champions/ Italian Cup Runners Up

19/20 Juventus Serie A 2nd Italian Cup Runners Up

20/21 Cesena Serie C1/A 6th ---</pre>

cheers like i said that was my first try...so does it work if i write it all out and have it like this in the post box

[thewordcodehere]

table info etc

[/thewordcodehere]

last time i had it

[thewordcodehere] table info [/thewordcodehere]

cos i dunno what i did wrong to make it all align right somehow

or do i have to have {code} a row of the table {/code} for every row i have in the table?

sorry to be a pain

I was reading this thread this afternoon instead of working and thought I'd have a piece of the action.

I'm using 8.02 and my reputation is 'semi pro'. I'm running the following countries at the lowest levels.

Argentina

Austria

Brazil

China

England

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Mexico

Portugal

Scotland

South Africa

South Korea

Spain

Uruguay

I went on holiday whilst applying for jobs and within a week had been offered the job at Hannover Park in the South African 1st division. I asked if I could consider the offer for a week whilst seeing if anything else came in. The £8k transfer budget and £1k/wk wage budget almost seemed tempting. Particularly when 3 days later Winners Park came in for me. They were offering me £10/wk more but significantly only £650/wk as a wage budget. In the end, Hannover Park came back with their offer including an increased wage budget to £1.3k/week. After negotiating the 2 year deal down to 1 year I duly signed...

Hannover Park, good help us.

im going to start this challenge tonight . can someone give me an idea of how many leagues i should run on a large databse that will proccess at a acceptable speed for 5-10 season , i have a dual core procceser with 1.79ghz and 869 ram .

thanks

im going to start this challenge tonight . can someone give me an idea of how many leagues i should run on a large databse that will proccess at a acceptable speed for 5-10 season , i have a dual core procceser with 1.79ghz and 869 ram .

thanks

I have similar specs, and people on here said only a few leagues...

But, personally, i'm into 2023 and am running 15 leagues from 11 nations, and it's going fine icon14.gif

well, here is my career so far: (l=Left club e= end of season)

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Club Country League Position at start Position when end of season or left Achievements

2007 Coventry England Championship none 20th l none

2007 Colchester England Championship 22nd 16th e survived

2008 Dunfermline Scotland First Division none 3rd e none

2009 Dunfermline Scotland First Division none 1st l promotion

2010 Pisa Italy Serie B none 14th l none

2011 Lecce Italy Serie B none 11th l none

2012 Morton Scotland First Division 10th (relegation place) 9th l miracle safety

2012 Sheff Utd England Championship none 20th l left early, rubbish team

2013 Montpellier France Ligue 2 none 16th l Tactics didn't work, left

2013 Empoli Italy Serie B none 14th l didn't get into it</pre>

As you can see, im not the most loyal of managers... icon_biggrin.gif

I have 3 goals:

-To manage in the highest league in a country for the first time

-To manage in Spain

- Most importantly, to go back to my beloved Dunfmline side, who i left as they gave me no transfer budget, and then sold my best player for 500k... icon_mad.gif

What teams next????

Well after leaving Cesena on a sour note, i was offered the Frankfurt job. Sitting 6th in the Bundesliga, 5mil to spend. Predicted 10th.

Played 3 Won 3 Scored 13 Conceded 2 so far...happy days

can see myself here for at least 3 seasons..

2010/11 Update

Another season, and it has gone about the same as the previous 3 at the club. We start well, have a few too many dropped points and then just fail to finish in a promotion spot.

Seems like the top 2 teams each time are in a league of their own, not quite strong enough for the higher league but a bit too strong for the First League.

Will continue at this club for the moment, because as some of my initial foreign signing start heading towards Ukranian nationality, I'll be able to field more top players each time.

Career So Far

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 5th

2008/09 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 4th

2009/10 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 5th

2010/11 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 4th

</pre>

Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

cheers like i said that was my first try...so does it work if i write it all out and have it like this in the post box

[thewordcodehere]

table info etc

[/thewordcodehere]

last time i had it

[thewordcodehere] table info [/thewordcodehere]

cos i dunno what i did wrong to make it all align right somehow

or do i have to have {code} a row of the table {/code} for every row i have in the table?

sorry to be a pain

Type your table up exactly as you want it to look. Then put a [codetag] at the start and another [/codetag] at the end with no spaces. It will alter the table in the post box but don't be put off by that. Just imagine it as it first looked.

I'm not sure how to go into any more detail. Anything else just ask.

2009/2010 - FC Eindhoven

Media Prediction - 18th

Another good season with us this year finishing 15th meaning we would not have to go through the plaff-off for the first time. We started the season quite poorly with losing 4 out of 5 games. On the other hand we ended the season very strongly espicely our home form. Apart from that a very dull season with FC Eindhoven.

We had another good cup run with us being knocked out by PSV this time in the quarter finals.

I signed 13 players in the summer and 2 in the January window and got rid of a countless amount of players. My best sign was that of Frank Demouge who scored 21 goals in the league.

I improved the fianaces alot this season with us finally getting into the pluses.

At the end of the season I decide to resign on the 23rd June (as all the other managers do) as I felt I had taken the club as far as I could without any good fianacal backing.

Aims For Next Season

- Get a job

Career so far <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08 FC Eindhoven Holland First League 4th Promotion

2008/09 FC Eindhoven Holland Premier League 17th

2009/10 FC Eindhoven Holland Premier League 15th

</pre>

Well 8 games into the 2008/9 season i have decided to resign as FC Eindhoven manager. We were 18th in the table and the form was abysmal, take into account i had no money at all to strengthen and my position was almost untenable. Job centre here i come........

20/21 - Frankfurt

Destination Germany, after the diabolical sacking from Cesena i was offered the Fiorentina, Sampdoria and Atalanta jobs. All rejected. Frankfurt took my fancy as they had build a nice squad and were more importantly sitting 6th with around 16 games to go, so enough time for me to make a push for a title attempt.

Media Prediction - 10th

Transfer Budget - previous manager sales gave me 5mil to spend

Wage Budget - 22mil per annum

Frankfurt Club Info

As i said above Frankfurt were already sitting 6th when i arrived, 4 places above what was expected of the club. The squad was good, had some really good players in but lacked some attacking midfield players so i needed to bring some in. With only having 5mil to spend i needed to spend wisely but that was not the case. I bought a Brazilian LB to retrain to ML for 2.5mil and Oubina from my old side Juventus for 1.5mil and struck a deal for a DM to replace Arguez in a seasons time. I changed my formtation slightly to accommodate the players i had and it worked really well. Scoring 45 goals in the 16 games and conceding 20.

Transfers (my deals highlighted)

The scoring feat was down to my strikers, who are quite literally awesome for a young age. Brunner who is currently wanted by Chelsea scored 13 goals in those 16 games and Cardinale who scored about 8. Both are prize possesions who i hope to keep hold of but are becoming increasingly unhappy about not being allowed to move clubs. A big offer will be needed to let either go. Squad+Stats

So in those 16games in charge i managed to win 10, drawing 5 and losing the 1, to Koln of all teams. This feat enabled my team to climb to 2nd where i eventually finished above Gladbach on goal difference. Bundesliga

Club finances improved drastically thanks to the 2nd place finish were i was given 10mil in prize money for the achievement. Hopefully some summer players sales will generate a few more million to spend to strengthen in the wide areas. Finances

Aims for next season

> Improve Finances

> Strengthen Squad

> Make the Champions League Group Stage

> Compete for the title

History continued from other table...

Season Team Division Finished Achievements

19/20 Cesena Serie C1/A 6th when sacked -

20/21 Frankfurt Bundesliga 2nd Champions League Qualification

</pre>

Just finished my season with B 1908, and after taking the club to 10th in the league, decided to quit, mainly because I couldn't deal with no-one wanting to come to the club and the fact I got bored, so now I'm after a new job, lucky it's the end of the season, so when the leagues restart there will be plenty of jobs available.

2011/12 Season Update

I made a few new signings in this season, which seem to have done the trick.

Also quite a few players got their Ukranian nationality this year, which helped my selection problems.

As a result the team was very consistent season, and was in a promotion spot practically all season and we finished in 2nd place and promotion with 2 games to spare.

Now just need to figure out how to improve the team for Higher League survival.

2011/12 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine First League 2nd Promotion to High League

</pre>

Originally posted by Gilbster:

2011/12 Season Update

I made a few new signings in this season, which seem to have done the trick.

Also quite a few players got their Ukranian nationality this year, which helped my selection problems.

As a result the team was very consistent season, and was in a promotion spot practically all season and we finished in 2nd place and promotion with 2 games to spare.

Now just need to figure out how to improve the team for Higher League survival.

</pre>

congrats on promotion... now you just need to bring shakhtar and Dynamo Kiev to their knees...

Thanks rlipscombe. Only had 4 games of the new season and the only win I have managed so far was a 2-0 away win against Dinamo Kiev!

No idea if I will be able to stay up. I am finally able to scout the whole of Europe and have had to replace at least 2 of my scouts and they arent finding anyone at all.

Havent made a new signing yet, which is marginally worrying.

And for those interested in this sort of thing, Shaktar and Dinamo Kiev are still the dominant force, 5 seasons into the game, the have shared the title between them over this time period.

Had a look at my new team last night, and I have to say, that the team needs a serious overhaul if we are to stay up, there are one or two decent players, and one quality goalkeeper, but he's off in the transfer window!

Apart from that the majority of the team are pish, looks like a hard challenge, oh and the club are professional as well, so we can scout spain, italy, france, england and germany.

Just need another scout now.

icon_biggrin.gif

I've been looking for a thread like this!

I'm 20-odd games into my season, i will just update you to this point, i hope you all agree it has been an exciting season for my Hibernian team.

My reputation has started as "Sunday League Footballer"

The countrys and leagues i loaded are as follows;

England

France

Germany

Italy

Scotland

Spain

2007/2008 Season

On the 1st of July 2007, Rod petrie and Hibernian offered Mr. Adam the job at the helm of the club.

The board wanted the team to perform pretty well and finish just behind the top 2 clubs in the league after a 2 year plan.

After a quite busy buying and selling spree in the transfer market, this was the team that were to guide Hibs through the league this year.

The league started really well for Hibernian, winning 0-4 away to arch rivals Hearts on the first game of the season, before dittoing that result against Gretna the following week. As the season went on, Hibernian continued their winning ways.

About half way through the season, Hibs started to lost their consistency, after only gaining 5 points from 9 matches. This was their only bad spell in the league, which lost them some major points, but to their suprise, Motherwell and Dundee Utd also dropped lots of points, with Falkirk firing up the table into the top 6 and now battling for the 3rd and final European spot.

About 26 games into the season, Mr. Adam was offered the job at Nigeria. After a week of thinking, he gladly accepted and this was the great bunch of lads that would hopefully qualify for the World Cup.

Now, 29 games in to the season and the top 2 are leading the way, Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Falkirk are all very CLOSELY battling for the final European spot, which i bet will go right to the wire as no team is showing any signs of tiring.

SV Wacker Burghausen - 07/08

Started this a while ago and forgot about the game, but other peoples careers looked exciting so i thought I would continue this game.

Media Prediction - 1st

However, When I first came to the team, there was 6 or 7 point lead behind the leaders Siegen. There was also a lack of quality in defence. Only had time to make one signing and that was former german international Marko Rehmer on a free transfer. He turned out to be a pretty good signing, getting 22 appearances, 1 goal, 4 assists, and one man of the match and an average rating of 7.05. I also made five other signings mid season, all on free's except for a central defender who cost 3k, the most successful of those signings being Dejan Petkovic, who is a great attacking midfielder, who has everything but pace, mainly due to his advancing years.

Team Information

I was still very much in the title race until the almost 3 month gap in the middle of the german regional south division, which I didnt understand at all, and alot of my players lost match fitness, after which I had a drop in form and slowly fell off the pace, slipping on the final day to a dissapointing 4th. Next season we will be in the new german third division, which is also very confusing, and I don't know who i'll be up against, So i'll just try and bring in some young german talent for next season.

Does anyone know what the german third division will be like? How many promotion spots will there be? Can't really say what my aims for next season are because I don't know what the new division will be like :O

alright lads this looks like a great thread so about to begin my first career game, the leagues i will be loading are the following:

Croatia

Denmark

England- to league two

Spain to lowest league

Italy to lowest league

Iceland

Germany- lowest division

South Africa

Norway- lowest league

Mexico- interleague

Ill be going on holiday and apply for all jobs till i get one, my job awaits!

icon14.gif

wow just got my first job and looks a proper challenge! African Warriors in the South African first division, the whole squad is full of regens and the oldest is 17! Transfer budget 24,000 so money to spend and a wage budget of 1,200

Will keep updated icon14.gif

Originally posted by jess boi:

wow just got my first job and looks a proper challenge! African Warriors in the South African first division, the whole squad is full of regens and the oldest is 17! Transfer budget 24,000 so money to spend and a wage budget of 1,200

Will keep updated icon14.gif

Sounds very interesting indeed! I'll keep an eye out, good luck! icon14.gif

In my career, Inter have just conceded their first goal in Europe this season, in the quarter finals to Sevilla, although they did win 4-1.

Just a quick update icon_biggrin.gif

The warriors have been busy in the transfer market signing 6 players so far, the defence was poor to say the least but with two 33 year old's coming in they have undoubtedly strengthened at the back, i also managed to get this striker who looks good for this division:

<A HREF="http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/jesseince/?action=view&current=sisanombe.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/jesseince/?act...=sisanombe.jpg</A>

Originally posted by jess boi:

Just a quick update icon_biggrin.gif

The warriors have been busy in the transfer market signing 6 players so far, the defence was poor to say the least but with two 33 year old's coming in they have undoubtedly strengthened at the back, i also managed to get this striker who looks good for this division:

<A HREF="http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/jesseince/?action=view&current=sisanombe.jpg" TARGET=_blank>

<A HREF="http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/jesseince/?action=view&current=sisanombe.jpg%5B/URL%5D" TARGET=_blank>http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/jesseince/?act...=sisanombe.jpg</A></A>

The link doesn't work mate.

2012/13 Season Update

Well after getting promotion last season, I felt I was going to be in for a very long hard season. First thing I noticed with the season update was that I could now scout the whole of Europe and also attract slightly better quality of staff to the club.

Struggled to get many new faces into the club this year, and had to settle for my promotion winning squad with a few loanees coming in to boost my quality.

Table

I believe the end of season league table says how I did quite well.

Things I keep forgetting to mention are that each season I keep being offered a new contract complete with payrise that I keep accepting. Also we are now up to a 14,690 All Seater Stadium, thanks to the board expanding it for a few seasons in a row.

My squad age is currently quite old, so I am only looking at bringing in some younger faces for this next season.

Career So Far

2012/13 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine High League 10th

</pre>

Ok, new to this thread, and to the concept of a career game. But I've been inspired by some of your games. I've started one with the top two leagues in Germany, France, Spain and Italy, SPL in Scotland and England down to League 2. Set my status as Semi-Pro (seems it would've been hard to get a job with automatic) and applied for all clubs jobs available at the start. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of them. However, I did get offered the Nigeria post. I thought I'd take it, at least until a club job came along. They had 2 games of their qualifying group for the ACN left, and were level on points with Algeria. I beat Algeria 4-2 to all but seal qualification. However I then lost to Somalia 1-0 (they were 50-1 to win), but Algeria failed to beat Burundi, so I have qualified. Now in November, there are no club jobs available, and I am just waiting for some of the managers whose situation is 'precarious' to bite the bullet.

My reputation has started as "Sunday League Footballer"

The countrys and leagues i loaded are as follows;

England

France

Germany

Italy

Scotland

Spain

2007/2008 Season

On the 1st of July 2007, Rod petrie and Hibernian offered Mr. Adam the job at the helm of the club.

The board wanted the team to perform pretty well and finish just behind the top 2 clubs in the league after a 2 year plan.

After a quite busy buying and selling spree in the transfer market, this was the team that were to guide Hibs through the league this year.

The league started really well for Hibernian, winning 0-4 away to arch rivals Hearts on the first game of the season, before dittoing that result against Gretna the following week. As the season went on, Hibernian continued their winning ways.

About half way through the season, Hibs started to lost their consistency, after only gaining 5 points from 9 matches. This was their only bad spell in the league, which lost them some major points, but to their suprise, Motherwell and Dundee Utd also dropped lots of points, with Falkirk firing up the table into the top 6 and now battling for the 3rd and final European spot.

About 26 games into the season, Mr. Adam was offered the job at Nigeria. After a week of thinking, he gladly accepted and this was the great bunch of lads that would hopefully qualify for the World Cup.

29 Games in to the season and the top 2 are leading the way, Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Falkirk are all very CLOSELY battling for the final European spot, which will go right to the wire as time will tell.

As the days went on, Motherwell and Dundee utd started to slip up. Motherwell whohad been overperforming in league ALL SEASON, were now comfortably sat in 5th, with a few point lead over Dundee Utd while Hibs and Falkirk were still battling it out.

Rangers had conceded the league to Celtic as Falkirk continued their 15 game unbeaten run with a 2-1 win over the Gers. Kilmarnock and St. Mirren were battling out to survive all season. Going in to the last game of the season, they both had the same points and same Goal Difference. On the last day, ST. Mirren saw their fate and switched leagues with Partick Thistle.

Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Falkirk and Dundee Utd will all see Europe next season.

Inter lost the Champions League final on penalties after conceding only their 5th goal of the tournament in a 1-1 draw with Real Madrid. Blackburn were defeated 3-1 to Tottenham in the UEFA Cup Final.

The end of season standings.

Mr. Adam travelled to Africa at the season end to continue his bright start as a manager. Nigeria top the group after 3 games, with 2 games to go, they are very hopeful.

The WCQ Africa, Group 1 Standings.

This is exceding the Nigerian board's expectations if they qualify. And surely it will show that Mr. Adam can cope with the pressure of handling a club and a country team.

... To be continued, Next season.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

2012/13 Season Update

Well after getting promotion last season, I felt I was going to be in for a very long hard season. First thing I noticed with the season update was that I could now scout the whole of Europe and also attract slightly better quality of staff to the club.

Struggled to get many new faces into the club this year, and had to settle for my promotion winning squad with a few loanees coming in to boost my quality.

Table

I believe the end of season league table says how I did quite well.

Things I keep forgetting to mention are that each season I keep being offered a new contract complete with payrise that I keep accepting. Also we are now up to a 14,690 All Seater Stadium, thanks to the board expanding it for a few seasons in a row.

My squad age is currently quite old, so I am only looking at bringing in some younger faces for this next season.

Career So Far

2012/13 Dnipro Cherkasy Ukraine High League 10th

</pre>

Nicely done mate, great first season (:. Will be keeping tabs on this one. icon14.gif

Archived