worst signing in fm 09 so far!!!

godz5

mine has to be showumni from leeds for yeovil.

i got him on the demo for them on a free amazing he played 13 games 10 goals 6 assists

so i started a new large database when i got the game

got him from leeds again for yeovil but this time he cost me 12k (which is alot for yeovil) :p

he playd 38 scored a shockin 2 and he left the same season

anybody else got any worst signings but only on fm 09 please no ealier ones

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robinho for Chelsea! got really excited when Man City offered him out for £22 million, snapped him up offered him a huge wage and i felt so happy.... Robinho at the RIGHT team...

However, after 3 good starts (3 goals 2 assists and 2 MOTM awards) everything went wrong... he played 34 games in the premier league scored 6 goals assisted 5 with 4 Man of the match... £22 million for that?! Crazy.... was livid i tell you!!

Shipped him off to Barca for £16 million 2 seasons later! complete waste of cash!!

With the £16 million however, i managed to put enoug cash together to sign Aguero as his replacement! again, i felt great! until, injury struck... out for 5 months with a broken thigh.... joy....

So far I've found it a lot easier in 09 to make good signings...

But in my first premiership season with Watford I made the mistake of wasting a large proportion of my budget on Cristian Nasuti from River (DC).

He had really good defensive stats, yet he did bugger all right for me, averaged 6.20 for the season and we ended up conceding 76 goals.

Next season he was shipped off to Lazio and started playing unreasonably well. Just my luck, eh?

huntelaar's bin awesome 4 me at liverpool :)

i bought a player called luigi bruin ..... cant remember how much i paid or who from but he was dire ...... played him in his fave position (amc) cos his stats looked really good n he was young ...... played brill thru pre-season ..... then had nuffin put -6 in every game thereafter ........ tho arsenal bought him 4 10mil at the end of the season :S

so every cloud lol

Huntelaar for me......absolute pap

same for me, i got him for my celtic team and was thinking yessssssss (how did i get him) is now on my bench after 5.01 average and 2 goals in 32 and 0 ass, the only good news is R.madrid are interested and a bit of at least £26mil will be needed.

Ciprian Drea - think that is his name not on my home PC. £600k from Cluj.

Panic Buy for my Wolves team, didn't even really need him. Shocking.

To be fair he has only had a few games but i do not know what on earth possesed me to purchase him.

david santon

gave inter 5m£ cash for him at age 17. he was rated superstar by my scouts. 4 years later he had barely improved and was greedy and wanted high wage. was sold 4m6£ to some english mid team. was glad i got almost all cash back.

Pavluchenko. I got promoted with reading first season, then resigned and took got the Bolton job after their relegation. Signed Pavlyuchenko in Jan uary with Bolton expecting him to tear the league down,. and he's now gone 9 hours without a goal. what a useless lug. In the championship. boooooo

I spent a lot on a MC also tansrb, except mine was a regen wonderkid from Costa Rica. They take a while to gel, but once they hit their stride...wow. My MC is averaging a goal per match in his 2nd season with the team, and that's ignoring a bunch of assists too. A good MC is a game changer and can carry your team.

I spent a lot on a MC also tansrb, except mine was a regen wonderkid from Costa Rica. They take a while to gel, but once they hit their stride...wow. My MC is averaging a goal per match in his 2nd season with the team, and that's ignoring a bunch of assists too. A good MC is a game changer and can carry your team.

hope that happens. well it cant be that hard to gel into my midfield of veloso, moutinho, martinez and wistel right?? :o

huntelaar's bin awesome 4 me at liverpool :)

i bought a player called luigi bruin ..... cant remember how much i paid or who from but he was dire ...... played him in his fave position (amc) cos his stats looked really good n he was young ...... played brill thru pre-season ..... then had nuffin put -6 in every game thereafter ........ tho arsenal bought him 4 10mil at the end of the season :S

so every cloud lol

Really? Bruins was been great for me, until he got injured and is not out for 4 months :@ but when he was playing he was always getting assists and set as my freekick taker almost always scored so I have no idea why he wasnt performing for you!

I just hate Everton's Vaughan ...got him for smthin like 15M

He cant find a goal ...At least im in the first season ... and i can put him on the reserves to keep trainning and improving ...i got Pogrebnyak and jo on the attack ... and robinho as AML ....robinho doing great with the assists for Pogrebnyak ...witch is a huge monster here ...26 games ... 25 goals ..UEFA and Barclays top scorer ...

I also thinkin of send Vaughan to some team and buy oscar cardozo for the next season .. or at leats get balotelli for loan ..

Tell me about it..

I bought Guilherme for 21m quid!

Played 25 times scored ONCE! 1 assist. I still have got him tried flogging him for 14m but highest I recieved was 12.25m I wasn't really happy with that as clauses were involved. 4 appearences 1 goal this season now he's injured with broken leg for 6 months.

:(

Andy Carol (N'Castle) and Fred Sears (W Ham) for Walsall. The pair of planks can't hit a hippos arse with a steel chair between them. Awful.

Ha that made me laugh. Axel Witsel for 14mil for Villa promised so much delivered so little, apart from winning worst signing of the season award.

Saviet has been pretty bad for me too, but then again he turned out to be a huge financial barganing chip. All in all, I got him for 3mil, he scored once every blue moon, and then I shipped him off to ManU for 38mil and 20% off next sale.

Signed Lavezzi for Man City cost 14 mill played 20 games scored 1 goal :( and didnt stop complaining never buying him again. On a positve note managed to get 20 mill out of Roma for him :)

Lavezzi is a demi-god for my Napoli team. 42 games, 19 goals, 17 assists, 7 mom's, 7.28 av. rating. Makes something happen everytime he gets the ball, him and Hamsik are by far my most influential players, and he seems to make the whole team play better when he starts.

Maybe he just never settled into the team and your tactics ? He only scored 3 in his first 19 games for me.

Archived