[Scotland Championship, League One, League Two & below] Data Issues

Ed Hewison

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Scotland's Championship, League One, League Two and the leagues below (Levels 2, 3, 4 & below) here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Scotland's Championship, League One, League Two and the leagues below (Levels 2, 3, 4 & below) should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

Dundee- Jack Wilkie is listed as 26 years old...he is 16...

I'm obviously annoyed this has happened, but I assume this won't be fixed for a while. It would be good to get some clarification on if changing their age will mess up the PA etc

Edited by Mpage2701

• SI Staff
27 minutes ago, Mpage2701 said:

I'm obviously annoyed this has happened, but I assume this won't be fixed for a while. It would be good to get some clarification on if changing their age will mess up the PA etc

Cheers for raising this one @Mpage2701. It looks like the year of his birth has been filled in incorrectly. 

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, Mpage2701 said:

Is it worth me just carrying on or is this something than can be fixed short term? 

I'd carry on for now. Apologies for this issue. It's one we'll fix for the next data update we can do.

5 hours ago, MarcPTFC said:

Whoever your Airdrieonians researcher is, the club were not formed in 1878 but in 2002 after the original Airdrieonians went out of business, it's literally on the team's Wikipedia page.

a.png

You know fine well Marc that these things go through the SPFL for licensing, so they’ll have made that call.

7 hours ago, Mpage2701 said:

That’s entirely my fault, sorry.

Jack was added very late on and I’ve irritatingly got one digit wrong in the age.

Shows what the slip of a key can do. 😒

Best solution in the short term would be to go into the pre game editor and sort it.

Very small thing, I played as Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic on the beta and they had red and black hooped home strip, but I notice in real-life (according to their Wikipedia and their club shop) they play in red and white hoops.

(I haven't played the full game yet so I don't know if it's the same as the beta)

Not sure if this is the correct place...

Just got sacked by Hearts in the first season for not winning a domestic cup. I got to the SF of the league cup and went out to Rangers in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup.

Was top of the league by 14 points at the time.

The Hearts board wanting to win a cup in the first season seems a little unrealistic.

8 hours ago, Gizzy said:

Just got sacked by Hearts in the first season for not winning a domestic cup. I got to the SF of the league cup and went out to Rangers in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup.

The Hearts board wanting to win a cup in the first season seems a little unrealistic.

Not the correct forum mate but that is wrong.  No manager in Scotland (outside the Old Firm - and even then) is getting sacked for not winning a cup if they are meeting their league commitment...

• SI Staff
On 28/11/2020 at 09:50, Gizzy said:

That seems very harsh. We're already looking at why that is happening at a couple of clubs in game. I'll add Hearts in, to be reviewed.

In case this is happening for anyone else managing Hearts, we have it on our radar to prevent occurring in the future. 

Stuart Bannigan at Partick Thistle appears to have been given a random number for his penalty taking attribute.

Stuart has taken eight penalties in his time at Thistle and scored six of those, two of those eight [One miss] coming in the one game.

Hardly suggesting that he gets a 18/20 or anything like that but it should be much better.

On 01/12/2020 at 03:48, Ed Hewison said:

That seems very harsh. We're already looking at why that is happening at a couple of clubs in game. I'll add Hearts in, to be reviewed.

In case this is happening for anyone else managing Hearts, we have it on our radar to prevent occurring in the future. 

I had same issue. I haven't been sacked in my game (yet lol) but noticed that board expected us to win a domestic cup but only expected us to reach the QF in Scottish Cup and League Cup so very contradictory as they are the only two cups in season 1. Thanks for looking into it. 

On 30/11/2020 at 16:48, Ed Hewison said:

Just came on to report the same. Won 21 out of 23 in the league, lost to Rangers in the Scottish Cup Semi-Final and was sacked. Just started again to see if you can change the Cup expectations and this one's set in stone. Shame. :(

Partick Thistle are missing a few players, albeit on the younger side but they've been in recent squads and one has recently made his debut.

#20 Gospel Ocholi 
#24 Billy Owens
#26 James Lyon

All players are born in 2003 and are over the minimum age requirement. Lyon has since made his senior debut while Owens and Ocholi have both recently been on the bench, the latter two are central midfielders while Ocholi is a striker.

On 14/12/2020 at 20:07, lbowman6 said:

Thanks, I removed him in the summer as he hadn't been mentioned anywhere. I've heard he's working part time with youngsters but not had an age group confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Scottish Cup issue, raised this last year. But still not right, I get there was slight changes from last year but its not even close to correct. Loads of clubs appear as time goes on that shouldn't be in it. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-cup/format-rules/

There's the link to who should be in it. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chris Hamilton said:

Only showing Barry Ferguson when I load the game using the original database and a large player count 

821BF6AB-823D-4B8F-A455-31D69BBDB947.jpeg

Because he's an assistant in a 'non-playable' team, you're probably not going to get him in your game unless you go into advanced database and load up all players/staff from Scotland or Lowland League. Their chairman, GK Coach and 1st team coach are also in the db.

27 minutes ago, Giro said:

Because he's an assistant in a 'non-playable' team, you're probably not going to get him in your game unless you go into advanced database and load up all players/staff from Scotland or Lowland League. Their chairman, GK Coach and 1st team coach are also in the db.

Ideal thanks 

• 1 month later...
On 18/03/2021 at 17:11, podgejbf said:

Stirling Albion have appointed two new analysts to their team that weren't included on the winter update:

https://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/performance-analysis-recruitment/

Raviteja Sriramaneni

Jordan Frampton

Thanks.  Will make sure we get this in for '22

11 hours ago, MarcPTFC said:

James Maxwell, on loan at Queen of the South from Rangers, was born in Crewe (England) according to his Transfermarkt profile page.

Thanks, I believe this is now fixed but won't show until '22

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am sure these will have been picked up but wanted to flag just in case. 

Shettleston Juniors (5201838) are now called Glasgow United. 

BSC Glasgow (61069263) is a complex one. The club split, with registration in the Lowland League retained by the team now called Broomhill FC. BSC Glasgow (the club brand etc.) now play in Division 4 of the West of Scotland Football League. 

Incidentally, the competition structure of the West of SCotland football league changed again this season, with the introduction of Division 4. I appreciate Scottish lower leagues are not active, but in terms of the Database, there were various changes across different regions below the tier that has the Lowland and Highland leagues.  I also think some of the changes are a step towards further restructuring next season, which would then become more permanent. 

Celtic B and Rangers B are also playing in the Lowland League for season 2021/22, with less certainty about how this will play out in future seasons. One issue it seems is that players over a certain age for Celtic and Rangers are not eligible for Lowland League games. This seems to impact players who are just too old for the B league games in terms of eligibility, but not deemed ready for first team football. They can play in some cup competitions for the B teams but not B league games and therefore are only eligible for a handful of games per season outwith first team availability. I know someone within the research team will likely have all of the above covered in advance of FM22. 

Thanks

Edited by joe5p