It's been too Lens: Titi's flash in the pan to glory

smp20

54f735f8761715fa1d320520a1c72c77.gif

ddf07017a9eff030a5c03263c980c7f9.png

It's 1-1 at HT, we hit the post and they countered with a long hoof to one of their strikers and tucked it away. Our first goal conceded in the tournament. We're dominating, but I'm very nervous.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ac647b3e579424670f3abeba92888482.gif

2-1 78 mins, supersub Bassogog!

(Also we're playing playing in black except Onguene, I'm assuming my laptop is struggling with the graphics load as well as streaming Bundesliga :lol:)

Good luck in the AFCON final, a really big clash there. I signed Kamara at West Brom in my previous game, but can't ever forget how he argued about that penalty at Fulham. Don't let him put you down :lol:

It will be good to see your French career too @karanhsingh, both inspired by this great thread.

Edit: Wow, I hadn't seen all your updates from the final. Congratulations! Bassogog, such a shame he went to China so early in his career but he did well there for you!

Edited by Jogo Bonito

e5e3dc117132fcf16d7c5bf18946ddcb.png

Here's the player stats. Agoume was incredible; the only player to play every game smashing in 6 goals from midfield. Tueto Fotso was a class act too. AMang was the only disappointment, but he allowed Bassogog to become the supersub.

590cfd5d2f4a40870c4df8a3dd276b7c.png

c331edc6de8c862c432d457965cd6267.png

6591a2e27a0bcecd5001bc4bbfd2a813.png

9 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good luck in the AFCON final, a really big clash there. I signed Kamara at West Brom in my previous game, but can't ever forget how he argued about that penalty at Fulham. Don't let him put you down :lol:

It will be good to see your French career too @karanhsingh, both inspired by this great thread.

Edit: Wow, I hadn't seen all your updates from the final. Congratulations! Bassogog, such a shame he went to China so early in his career but he did well there for you!

Haha cheers - Kamara almost did it for Senegal! Bassogog will be a Cameroon legend for years to come :cool:

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Silas has certainly done the job for you.

You're right, TP Mazembe probably would have been an excellent pick. When I was living in Africa they had an emerging Samatta amongst their squad and were certainly one of (if not) the wealthiest of all the clubs on the continent and better quality than most too. Maybe after your success the board might reconsider? AS Vita aren't a bad alternative though. In Senegal, perhaps ASPIRE might be an option as they are basically an academy with a fair bit of funding globally. The top half a dozen sides there are all worth looking in to. Coton Sport in Cameroon, and Stade Malien (Mali) are probably the pick of other countries outside of Ivory Coast. ASEC probably have the highest rating in your game although there is a team  in Ivory Coast that I personally prefer more (current squad, not for newgens). I don't think you would get much quality outside these bigger nations (Gabon or Togo may create one-off gems but not regularly).

If I was starting in France now it would probably be somebody like Lille, Rennes or Metz. But more likely I would head lower down the pyramid. In Ligue 2, it would be RC Lens (stadium size, great kits, fine history), Le Havre (awesome stadium design, history of producing great youth talent in the past), Grenoble Foot (stadium size and location), Le Mans (stadium), Lorient (kit colour) or AC Ajaccio (fond memories of Corsica). National clubs would be Laval (kit colours, stadium size), Gazelec Ajaccio (Corsica link, one of the few pro sides) or most likely Quevilly-Rouen (pro side, decent kits, little great history and reasonable stadium to build a modest club up). Last night I also loaded up an extended French database as there are so many choices lower down, but SC Bastia would probably be the pick for me (stadium size, fallen giant, Corsica link).

You're going well in AFCON - good luck with that and for continuing your fine work with RC Lens.

What was the database called you downloaded please @Jogo Bonito as I am going to start a French lower division save soon.

_f9eb3058-9dec-11e7-a38e-8ee9fe2ac8e7.jp

b51e9f4d923af56dea407277a15ba437.png

Titi enjoyed his time leading Cameroon to continental success and a game away from being on top of the world, but nothing quite beats managing your own country.

56b3f137a942ee11d7b634a6fe4a71fa.png

Way down in the rankings compared to Cameroon in 7th place - it's time to build a new African nation up.

b47c47e37f55f8aefa1c3f6d1d05b7e1.png

2f119479648f1bbc456f900ab64f5623.png5647fad0bc1ebd7b8c262d62d12a1b80.png

There may be a lack in depth of quality, but the team will be built around Naby and Amadou. 

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

I got it from the Steam workshop: Update National 3 France #N3MO (level 5)

https://manageronline.fr/n3mo/

Cheers Jogo, much appreciated.

@Jogo Bonito you are the master of doing threads. do you think its worth doing  French Leagues thread in the good player/team guides like they have with Italian league. the French leagues are my favorite leagues to play in cos I enjoy buying unknown African players and building them up but I am terrible at doing opening posts for threads.

Could you do one at some point as I think it would become a popular thread for people to go to.

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Cheers Jogo, much appreciated.

@Jogo Bonito you are the master of doing threads. do you think its worth doing  French Leagues thread in the good player/team guides like they have with Italian league. the French leagues are my favorite leagues to play in cos I enjoy buying unknown African players and building them up but I am terrible at doing opening posts for threads.

Could you do one at some point as I think it would become a popular thread for people to go to.

Thanks for your kind words. I did it for FM16 & FM17, but don't really have the time or desire to create them anymore due to the amount of work involved.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/363320-fm16-french-football-joie-de-vivre/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/390628-fm17-french-football-thread/

You could always just do your career update in here?

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

Thanks for your kind words. I did it for FM16 & FM17, but don't really have the time or desire to create them anymore due to the amount of work involved.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/363320-fm16-french-football-joie-de-vivre/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/390628-fm17-french-football-thread/

You could always just do your career update in here?

Yeah I totally understand, I might just start an unofficial one and obviously if you want to contribute when you can then great. I mean look how many English Leagues you have managed and I think that has helped that thread massively with popularity.

8c700eb024a99acc2dc41186773880b5.png

Played on the interest in Kondogbia from Liverpool to seal a deal for Naby Keita :D - joins up with Titi for club and country!

3 hours ago, smp20 said:

Agoume has been a fantastic addition to the setup, check out that goal! Onana also refuses to concede. A comfortable 3-0 win and we're into the final against Senegal. I was surprised to find out that Sadio Mane retired at the end of the 2022 World Cup!

I had Agoume on my recent QPR save after I managed to get him on a free, he was a fantastic squad player for me and I was able to sell him on for a very good profit in the end. I kinda wished I had got hold of him a little earlier on in order to help develop him as he seemed to have stagnated a bit from lack of playing time before joining me. I will definitely be keeping a lookout on my future saves for him. 

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Keep up the great work! 

Have come across that formation a few times and I can also tell you from experience that Ismaila Sarr is lethal. 

Meanwhile like @Jogo Bonito you have also inspired me to take up a project I have long been thinking of now that I just completed my sunderland save. I have started with Red Star FC in the national division, with basically the same aim, dislodge PSG or as Fergie would say knock them off their perch :lol:

Already loving it and hopefully this will be my next long term save - I'll probably make a thread about it once I get a season or two in. 

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

What was the database called you downloaded please @Jogo Bonito as I am going to start a French lower division save soon.

I'm also very tempted to start in France myself especially after taking a break from my QPR game. I've played with the devils themselves (PSG) before Christmas and Ligue 1 was a fun league to manage in. I also like the look of Lille's squad. If I do go ahead and start I will probably start off in National division though! 

@smp20 Have literally read all of this thread this afternoon and i'm loving it! Bit late to the party but congratulations on the Champions League win from before and also on the League. Great strides with Cameroon too on the international stage. Will definitely be following! 

@Ronaldo Beckham @Jogo Bonito @karanhsingh I would be interested in participating in a French thread if one is made 

1 minute ago, RageMaster said:

I had Agoume on my recent QPR save after I managed to get him on a free, he was a fantastic squad player for me and I was able to sell him on for a very good profit in the end. I kinda wished I had got hold of him a little earlier on in order to help develop him as he seemed to have stagnated a bit from lack of playing time before joining me. I will definitely be keeping a lookout on my future saves for him. 

I'm also very tempted to start in France myself especially after taking a break from my QPR game. I've played with the devils themselves (PSG) before Christmas and Ligue 1 was a fun league to manage in. I also like the look of Lille's squad. If I do go ahead and start I will probably start off in National division though! 

@smp20 Have literally read all of this thread this afternoon and i'm loving it! Bit late to the party but congratulations on the Champions League win from before and also on the League. Great strides with Cameroon too on the international stage. Will definitely be following! 

@Ronaldo Beckham @Jogo Bonito @karanhsingh I would be interested in participating in a French thread if one is made 

I just made one so feel free to contribute. Sorry @smp20 this will be the last time I mention it in here lol.

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I didn't notice Sadio Mane playing for Senegal in your African Semi-Final. Is he injured? Also I think he fits in with your team...

He retired from International Football after the word cup :kriss:

3 hours ago, RageMaster said:

Agoume just seemed to be the perfect Mezzala in the Cameroonian system :cool:

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I just made one so feel free to contribute. Sorry @smp20 this will be the last time I mention it in here lol.

No problem - you may see me in there ;)

21cb6f89ae4e29546cb7624871c4e4d9.png

Yaya Toure is climbing up the coaching roles. Obviously he started with us as an U19s coach, swiftly moved on the Chateauroux and won the 3rd tier and has now swiftly moved around Ligue 1 clubs Le Havre, St Etienne and now Nice. Great atts too!

Edited by smp20

11 hours ago, smp20 said:

Yaya Toure is climbing up the coaching roles. Obviously he started with us as an U19s coach, swiftly moved on the Chateauroux and won the 3rd tier and has now swiftly moved around Ligue 1 clubs Le Havre, St Etienne and now Nice. Great atts too!

It's nice to see an AI former player having a realistic good coaching career. Unlike those 35 y/o regens who get NT jobs out of the blue...

Edited by kingjericho

1 hour ago, kingjericho said:

It's nice to see an AI former player having a realistic good coaching career. Unlike those 35 y/o regens who get NT jobs out of the blue...

I agree, unfortunately the African national teams are full of terrible regen managers :( 

DeinDesign™

August - October 2023 Update

Transfers

73b18423541744aaccdf6c45d8e0e379.png

I think the values of the incoming transfers shows where we are at as a club; we've entered the elite stage. Wague is probably the best right back we could sign who fits the criteria, it's just a shame he hasn't been able to feature due to breaking his leg in the summer but he's now just a few weeks away from fitness. Ndombele was secured now we can afford to pay £100k+ p/w wages, while getting back Sergilio shows the pull and finances we now have at the club. Naby Keita was the icing on the cake in terms of signings; I didn't think we'd ever be able to get him in his prime. Vivien Doumbia completed our summer signings; a decent centre back prospect direct from Africa.

We said goodbye to some of the players who had been key in our first couple of seasons but we had outgrown them - Wissa, Castelletto & Doucoure. Aurier seemed to have a bee in his bonnet so we cashed in, while Kondogbia was the sacrifice for Naby. Anyone got a player that for some reason they keep on giving new contracts to and loaning out? Charles Boli is mine. Now in his 3rd season out on loan after being a star for the....2nd team. Yongwa, Fotso, Kassi, Kongnyuy and N'Guessan are all young stars who have gone out on loan for first team football.

Results

848a56d50e1be3e7ff6ab54af06b485f.png

We started the season off by retaining the 'Trophee des champions' against cup winners Nantes, but drew with Marseille in our opening league game which although not terrible was a little disappointing. We then went on a beautiful run of result thumping Bordeaux, Metz, Brest and Montpellier - Silas and Diakite were on fire! A great result away at Dortmund was heaven but we were brought back down to earth by Amiens who completely 'FMed' us. :seagull:

Nevermind, it happens, and we didn't let it dampen our spirits while we went on a winning streak including a 6-1 drubbing of St Etienne (sorry Yaya), an integral win against PSG and to top it off an away win against bitter rivals Lille :D

League Table

b930afbd063f79eb595e219cdb20f827.png

We're top after 11 games and it's already looking like a, now, typical two-horse race for the title.

Ligue 1 Top Stats

f57a69f1fabec59d6f0273571a077f0c.png

These stats show how rampant Silas and Diakite have been :eek:

4 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Great stuff, PSG now always chasing you rather than the other way around must be very satisfying!

Silas & Diakite are on fire, and hopefully your new African import will become a stellar signing in due course.

Yes it's much better :D - hopefully Silas and Diakite can keep it up. We've had a few direct from Africa now, would be nice for some of them to establish themselves in the first team but it's getting harder and harder for youngsters to get in :stop:

e2a08-15604969416661-500.jpg

78a2c0c142d8411d138d5f25e1472941.png

1a78355a89b199dfcfa8828a04387446.png

Titi celebrates his 51st birthday with a win in the first competitive game for the national team. The last couple of months has been about convincing players to switch to Guinea and with it we've had a lot of good players switch allegiances as per above debuts. More on Guinea later :) 

Edited by smp20

ca86a87da62da87f758e2af5241a9620.png

It just had to happen didn't it! We face Cameroon in the groups and need to beat them to have a chance of getting to World Cup 2026. DR Congo won't be easy either!

5 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Bad luck with Diakite but you're strong enough to withstand his absence.

Enjoy the Cameroon reunion :)

Yes we will cope, more a shame for the player. I see they now have a useless regen manager who prefers 4-4-2 hoofball....could be an interesting one.

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

Please be easy on poor Yaya and ASSE....

Good luck with Guinea. Did you get fired by Cameroon for not winning the World Cup?

That was one of Yaya's last games in charge of ASSE, he's now at Nice. Not quite :lol: - I applied for the Guinea job straight after winning the AFCON with Cameroon :brock:

DeinDesign™

2023/24 Mid-Season Update

Nov-Dec Results

d44be5c9235f5a36d63075f0dc1d7f4a.png

A couple of draws but ultimately nothing to complain about after a continued unbeaten ran, except perhaps Monaco's 93rd min equaliser.

League Table

4b69a6603cdd79b003a44d994ad632a1.png

Lyon and Rennes aren't miles behind, but it's still looking like a two-horse race for the title and we've got a 2 point lead at the half way point.

Champions League Draw

dfbdc948983dd429947aa2cc17e33595.png

A tough draw - Bayern will want revenge against us knocking them out in the group stages 2 seasons ago.

Player Stats

a8659747ebd16de8c9210cc526863583.png

Some of our top youth players are now getting themselves in and around the first team, mainly thanks to quite a lot of rotation. Naby Keita is making the regista role his own with Camavinga now further forward, but of course Silas and Diakite are the standout performers leading on to...

Major Awards

8d45cca3c452f8dfa5d9bdbdb10f6002.png

Well done Silas, the best Africa offers. Unfortunately Titi's Guinea side will have to face him in WC Qualifying.

bed64431154e7cd61ffab1c9c301f86e.png

Diakite is Europe's Golden Boy and also came 3rd overall for French POTY, behind Mbappe and Pogba.

eac4e5a605e8d36a2435aa1683c2ecc3.png

Goodbye Silas £££

0bfd3a6a222785c8bcaaecb4623896f2.png

Sometimes you end up negotiating a deal that you cannot do anything but accept. Silas had been in incredible form; Bayern, Arsenal and Roma all sniffing around and ended up getting a whopping £110m upfront and £50m over 48 months from Bayern :eek:. Stuttgart are getting a fair whack of it though.

Here's a look at him now:

4f670867e81907720054b4410e89d9b9.png

4 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

That's a deal! Even though he has performed very well for you, his stats are still a tad far from the world's best, so getting that kind of money is excellent.

I agree, he's been performing as a world-class player with 18 goals in 17 Ligue 1 games, but that kind of money is insane at it's being put to good use :cool:

f84a2172a31273982dbf2da82343889f.png

493932e931a95024b1f826c55081aae8.png

A chunk of the Silas money has been spent on top class keeper Andre Onana and Titi is delighted to be re-united with him :D

8301fc8ebecd109a54d26b264595a98d.png

Ok, this is an insane amount of money to fork out on a youngster, but when you can afford it and you really like the look of a player sometimes you've just got to risk it. Guirassy has recently switched allegiances to Guinea and I'm looking forward to getting him capped before he decides to go back to France having already flitted between the two already!

fdf5c4b669ac89ad7458169bbbae6299.png

7a3d942abd55df1efe1ac0889fe60e12.png

6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Wow some big moves there!

Can you put up a screenshot of Diakite as well?

Yeah the money is flying about! Here he is, progress halted a bit with his recent injury but Barca still after him:

69e1dec315708bba455756ac955d7843.png

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Wow. £160 million for Silas, amazing. Great to sign Onana though.

I feel a bit sorry for Mory Traore, but he's still only 19 so no harm being no. 2