• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Wow Diakite looks absolutely amazing!! 

You should maybe train him another PPM or two to make him ever more lethal 

Yeah he's really coming into his own now - I'm not sure what else I'd like him to learn to be honest. Maybe beat the offside trap? Hmmm.

Edited by smp20

DeinDesign™

January & February 2024 Update

Results

aec72c578966f1cd21f0c37fd3b7d467.png

The draw against Bayern marked a 30 game unbeaten run which hopefully we can keep up :D

League Table

1e58725abdb66b5ff21a0dfd23af41cc.png

PSG lost away to Monaco which has helped us gain a 5 point lead with 12 games to go.

DeinDesign™

Youth Intake 2024

61cadeb0839b23a441ff79c3282c3d28.png

No world beaters, but two decent prospects who will add quality to the U19s as well as two more for depth.

6247608db35abd24e833c1a86bd1a248.png

d0d9281e4fdf8dcad0ddda41bb9a4398.png

22 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Super stuff. Retaining the championship would be a huge achievement. 

Can you post up the current psg squad as well? Who's managing them? 

Fingers crossed we can, I'm about to face PSG now! Here's their squad:

f993c8582e0b382e19563bc676575e99.png

Neymar is having his best ever PSG season so far. Sarri is in his 2nd season after Tuchel left for Chelsea.

05d01ce8951c708f6ec728968a4a524c.png

8736801f1a925d64ab92cc995d30ff9a.png

Through to the quarter-finals of the Champions League after dominating Bayern at home. PSG went out to City marking yet another poor CL campaign for them, whereas Lyon have done very well to get this far.

55 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

That Diakhite penalty miss was the difference. You hate to see it.

Yup :( I blame myself as he shouldn't really have been on pen duty I just hadn't changed it since Silas left!

53 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

PSG really are trying everything...Sarri ball even!

Man U is often a tough out on FM, Who is their Manager?

OL has a chance to OWN Manchester, England...Lol!

Still Ole at the wheel - 2nd, 4th, 3rd, 1st as well as winning the CL last year. Liverpool won the PL the 3 previous seasons, including an unbeaten 32-6-0 in 21/22 as well as back-to-back CLs 19/20, 20/21 to go with the 2018/19 one :eek:

ef163e602f5e5c675298826d7390afd9.png

Road to the Coupe de France Final

Results

d0ec3f71e3f179d26c978940ca37c3a0.png

Highlights of March and April include a 5-0 thumping of rivals Lille, beating Bayern and Lyon and reaching the cup final. Lowlights...losing vs PSG, the Old Trafford disaster and, although it was our second string, losing to Strasbourg. We were very lucky that PSG lost as well!

Title Race

66e110545e2c6b1e677716a1296e90dd.png

We start with an advantage of 3 points and a game in hand, but our run in is considerably harder than theirs. But before we can think about battling for the title, we have the cup to worry about:

Coupe de France

11a48d4b1558a2eaae5fab02adbf3ad1.png

1104ea6f58882647cca4585ac2e4c7d0.png

Lens have never won the cup, despite appearing in 3 previous finals. The last was in 1997/98 where PSG (of course :rolleyes:) prevented them from winning the domestic double. Can we finally win the elusive Coupe de France?

e22990a73a904d67d3ef0368e589d6ac.jpg

The teams are out! We've got a fully fit squad so this is our best XI. Interesting to see PSG opt for four 'centre backs' across the backline, normal right back Odriozola on the bench and left back Grimaldo is injured.

38795d93f72959f649ef9a430d5eeabd.png

With just 15 mins left we're deservedly winning, but I wouldn't put it past PSG scoring from a set piece in the 120th min after not having a shot since the first half. Hold tight.

A Treble season and a team lethal on the counter....Do you have it all?

I hope that my Clermont Foot 63 Team bores our opponents to death and then FM's them...to have somewhere near the same success.

12 hours ago, Rikulec said:

That's a very good season, shame about the Champions League exit.

Cheers, it seems we have done it backwards winning the CL two seasons ago followed by two quarter-finals :p

12 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

A Treble season and a team lethal on the counter....Do you have it all?

I hope that my Clermont Foot 63 Team bores our opponents to death and then FM's them...to have somewhere near the same success.

Not quite yet :brock: - plenty still to aim for! There's a lot to be said for outright defensive styles, if you manage to do it kudos! I've never been able to get it working and had to use attack as the best form of defence...

11 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Congratulations on back-to-back league titles. Who scored the bulk of the goals, presumably Guirassy?

Thanks :D - If we're talking Ligue 1, Brehima Diakite smashed it scoring 25 in 25 starts, Silas Wamangituka scored 18 in 17 before his big move while his replacement Guirassy scored 12 in 14 starts since joining in January. The rest was spread across the midfield:

72447c90c8654dc03b5c2df1ff093d50.png

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Well done, amazing stuff again! KUTGW

I don't think that FM has programmed players to ever not celebrate goals against their former teams at all, at least I haven't seen it.

Cheers :) - yeah I've not seen that either!

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah well done buddy. What is next then for you?

Another couple of seasons with Lens, change of job or a new career elsewhere. 

I am enjoying the career and seeing how you do with Lens and Guinea.

Thanks. With Lens we're still fighting with PSG domestically and we have more Champions Leagues to compete for as well as the Club World Cup. We also have a lot of youngsters who I want to develop to fruition so I'm sticking around with Lens.

Guinea - got the 2025 Afcon coming up, as well as the 2026 World Cup providing we qualify for it. I will keep going with Guinea until we win the World Cup!

24 minutes ago, smp20 said:

Cheers, it seems we have done it backwards winning the CL two seasons ago followed by two quarter-finals :p

Not quite yet :brock: - plenty still to aim for! There's a lot to be said for outright defensive styles, if you manage to do it kudos! I've never been able to get it working and had to use attack as the best form of defence...

Thanks :D - If we're talking Ligue 1, Brehima Diakite smashed it scoring 25 in 25 starts, Silas Wamangituka scored 18 in 17 before his big move while his replacement Guirassy scored 12 in 14 starts since joining in January. The rest was spread across the midfield:

72447c90c8654dc03b5c2df1ff093d50.png

Cheers :) - yeah I've not seen that either!

Thanks. With Lens we're still fighting with PSG domestically and we have more Champions Leagues to compete for as well as the Club World Cup. We also have a lot of youngsters who I want to develop to fruition so I'm sticking around with Lens.

Guinea - got the 2025 Afcon coming up, as well as the 2026 World Cup providing we qualify for it. I will keep going with Guinea until we win the World Cup!

That would be awesome to see if you can get Guinea to the World Cup.

I am hoping to try take as many African sides to the World Cup as possible in my French league save.

318658992bdeb808fe0626e9dd301458.png

Last Few ResultsLeague Table ~ Player Stats ~ Finances ~ Facilities ~ Transfers

135ffd0082cd2e6a9c4387272be69d8b.png

We concluded the season in style with three 4-0 wins in a row, finishing on 99 points and 11 points ahead of PSG :D. With the exception of Guirassy replacing Silas up top and Onana now first choice keeper, the Best XI more or less picks itself but one man walks away with the POTY award - Brehima Diakite. An incredible season from him! Our youth facilities were 'downgraded' due to technological advances but other than that it's all looking good on the finances and facilities side.

Next season may be a bit more of a struggle; The AFCON, which is being hosted in Guinea :), is back to a January start so we will be missing a lot of our squad. (As an aside I've realised I haven't done a proper update with Guinea, I'm gonna do a big one in the build up to the AFCON!)

Miscellaneous

7ec67b52053139e053d4a1b70369c081.png

Is the France manager brain-dead? Best player in the league :idiot:

5019dc188df98ddb732adf2aae69ddd0.png

Parisian Sarriball is no longer as after 2 seasons without a trophy Sarri is sacked! Roberto Mancini, Zinedine Zidane and Sergio Conceicao are linked with the job.

23 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

That would be awesome to see if you can get Guinea to the World Cup.

I am hoping to try take as many African sides to the World Cup as possible in my French league save.

Nice one, would be great to see some of the more obscure nations get there! With the quality in the Guinean ranks it shouldn't be a problem getting to the World Cup :) 

@smp20Not quite yet :brock: - plenty still to aim for! There's a lot to be said for outright defensive styles, if you manage to do it kudos! I've never been able to get it working and had to use attack as the best form of defence...

My Clermont team is playing TikiTaka as setup by the Tactical template it is definitely Guardiola Football...possession in the offensive half and control possession. Not a purely defensive setup. I am not sure my team can pull it off...but early signs are encouraging but need faster defenders.

18 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

@smp20Not quite yet :brock: - plenty still to aim for! There's a lot to be said for outright defensive styles, if you manage to do it kudos! I've never been able to get it working and had to use attack as the best form of defence...

My Clermont team is playing TikiTaka as setup by the Tactical template it is definitely Guardiola Football...possession in the offensive half and control possession. Not a purely defensive setup. I am not sure my team can pull it off...but early signs are encouraging but need faster defenders.

Good luck with the Tiki-taka :D