How long does new stadium planning take ?

Started with Merthyr Town got to the end of my first season in the championship board announced a new ground was to be built and was in planning faze looking for land and investors

im now a year later into game and promoted to the premiership and still no movement still shows as looking for land 

Any idea how long this takes or is my game bugged ?

Edited by welshguy21

It's not really something to fix though, is it? Your owner are looking for a suitable location, and this is meant to simulate that they are trying to identify possible locations, negotiating prices, contacting the various companies that build it, it's all very up in the air for a long while in real life. For a random comparison, I searched up how long it took to build Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. It was announced in 2007! And building didn't start until 2015! So that was 8 years from announcement to the building started, and it only opened in 2019. So 12 years from announcement to first match.

The only thing they could "fix" is more details to the user, but only as a preliminary date that will be pushed, but then I guess that would annoy some users just as much.

Chelsea's own new stadium was announced planning a few times even got everything sorted out from location to council permission to a full timeline being announced but still didn't materialize in the end. Fans like me are still hoping that behind the scenes efforts are still made for the new stadium. These things happen in real life. As XaW has said, SI can put an arbitrary date to it but the same thing will still happen and ppl will complain again.

I had a request to build a new stadium accepted, it took two years to plan if I remember correctly and the building phase is due to be completed at the end of this season which began three years ago. So all in all I think around five, without any delays that is.

On 28/04/2020 at 14:21, XaW said:

It's not really something to fix though, is it? Your owner are looking for a suitable location, and this is meant to simulate that they are trying to identify possible locations, negotiating prices, contacting the various companies that build it, it's all very up in the air for a long while in real life. For a random comparison, I searched up how long it took to build Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. It was announced in 2007! And building didn't start until 2015! So that was 8 years from announcement to the building started, and it only opened in 2019. So 12 years from announcement to first match.

The only thing they could "fix" is more details to the user, but only as a preliminary date that will be pushed, but then I guess that would annoy some users just as much.

This is where you need to sacrifice realism for fun. I mean, not everyone wants to commit to a 12 year save especially at the same club! This is a game after all. You can't just give your players the middle finger for the sake of keeping true to real life. They are supposed to, you know, play and enjoy themselves.

12 minutes ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

This is where you need to sacrifice realism for fun. I mean, not everyone wants to commit to a 12 year save especially at the same club! This is a game after all. You can't just give your players the middle finger for the sake of keeping true to real life. They are supposed to, you know, play and enjoy themselves.

but if u dont want to commit to a long term save what is the point of building a stadium? the construction of stadium itself is a long term plan. its like wanting your wonderkids to be world class stars at the age of 18 just because u want to only manage a single club for few years.

15 minutes ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

and BTW there is always the in game editor to use if u dont want realism

19 minutes ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

I can understand that, but it's not like you conjure up a brand new stadium in a day or two. I'd think it was pretty bad if the board said "time for a new stadium, it's here and ready to move in tomorrow". So what do you suggest?

26 minutes ago, XaW said:

I can understand that, but it's not like you conjure up a brand new stadium in a day or two. I'd think it was pretty bad if the board said "time for a new stadium, it's here and ready to move in tomorrow". So what do you suggest?

It can be frustrating to seem "stuck" on a step. It'd be nice if there was an estimated completion date for each step. While it could be pushed back (with an inbox notification) it'd make it feel like things were actually moving.

On 28/04/2020 at 08:24, Grifty said:

I joined Malmo and it said that they were gaining planning permission for a new stadium. That was 3 and a half season a go and it still says the same.

Got the confirmation the new stadium will be being built, so the planning permission took 4 seasons.

On 30/04/2020 at 18:23, XaW said:

A fixed 5-10 year variable completion date, randomly selected. Definitely will help if you get clearer indicators, like progress bars or inbox updates.

On 30/04/2020 at 18:15, zyfon5 said:

but if u dont want to commit to a long term save what is the point of building a stadium? the construction of stadium itself is a long term plan. its like wanting your wonderkids to be world class stars at the age of 18 just because u want to only manage a single club for few years.

I actually committed to a 12-year save once, I waited for my board to build a stadium for 5 years. For some reason we made it to the building stage but they reannounced the expansion and it resetted back to the looking for location stage. That was when I just gave up. The game seems too ambiguous and there really doesn't seem to be any motivation to just wait and wait until the game magically decides it's time.

26 minutes ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

I actually committed to a 12-year save once, I waited for my board to build a stadium for 5 years. For some reason we made it to the building stage but they reannounced the expansion and it resetted back to the looking for location stage. That was when I just gave up. The game seems too ambiguous and there really doesn't seem to be any motivation to just wait and wait until the game magically decides it's time.

but in real life stadium building takes a long time though look at the chelsea example i have made above. even if SI will put in an expected completion date the date is still subjected to change and the complain will still be the same so i dont know if it makes a difference. if it is just stadium expansion then yeah it is reasonable to let the players know of the completion date in advance.

33 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

but in real life stadium building takes a long time though look at the chelsea example i have made above. even if SI will put in an expected completion date the date is still subjected to change and the complain will still be the same so i dont know if it makes a difference. if it is just stadium expansion then yeah it is reasonable to let the players know of the completion date in advance.

I just think that a fine compromise would be a more standardised set of events that will either delay or speed-up the process, as well as a consistent variable for when a stadium will complete its build.