FMCU Joint Save

andychar

Pre-Season Transfers

I won't lie it's been hard to improve what is already an amazingly strong team! I needed a new LB and I wanted a new DM/CM and also a Striker so I could drop CRR to a SS(a). I got all three but for two of them I may have paid a lot!

Mickael Raynaud - Left Back - Free from Standard Liege

47f9612393f7003ba6ff06b0c9aeb74f.png

Ettore Palomba - Striker - £55m from Barcelona

c2e3bac26d9c1a972c59e3c209904696.png

Riza Oxdemir - Central Midfield - £74m from Chelsea

085509339eb7b6e4b2ea6890016a05d0.png

All three are brilliant signings, the Left Back will be back-up, the other two will walk straight into the team. I still have a bit of money left but am now just looking at squad fillers.

As for out's I did get rid of a couple of the lads

efbc4912565b8d19048b8dae1d6e8736.png

I didn't really see any future for the three. Damian (GK) was my 3rd choice. Gonzales and Di Bello both looked decent but I felt we had enough cover at CM/AM and LW so when the bids came in cashed in

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good evening guys, just a quick update. Im back playing tonight but I have to be honest my laptop is really struggling with the number of players/leagues loaded. It's taking 5-10 minutes to just get through a week with no games. Im committed to playing the season out and Im hoping I can blast through it by the end of the week but it may be that I have to holiday through in between games. My laptop has a decent RAM but the CPU isn't the best, the laptop is 5 years old. I've never had this issue before but I've never played a save with more than 50k players loaded.

Update: It looks like one of my issues was the "detail level" was too high for my laptop, so I've had to lower it and it seems to be running a bit quicker now

Edited by TheLutterworthFox

End of October Update

It's been a rather strange opening to the season. In some games we've been bloody amazing, but then in other games (Real and Barca away mainly) we have not played well. Overall though I'm delighted with the start, we have been sensational in so many matches!

cabaf5dfd851feb3fe025c33efc4daa4.png

Only 3 slip-ups and in 2 of those we faced teams of equal standard.

c37e444995620fd07c137d0c5912a24e.png

We've started well in the Champions League as well, the Inter and Rijeka games were a lot tighter than I hoped for but a win is a win!

196975f21dc5d8deb45a1135aea30a4f.png

Star man so far is good old Cray Ray, playing as the AM he has been a goal machine!

ec63fa37b72c1ddc29b03b66c8ce13e6.png

Also Left Winger Grigoryan has been brilliant with a massive 11 assists in 13 games.

0e487d1d234992979eca03101f331c5f.png

When you have a striker turned attacking midfielder named Cray Ray and a lad named.. Karen.. dominating you know you're doing things right!

Looking really good so far @TheLutterworthFox! Palomba was in my binoculars 2 seasons ag as well but for nowhere near the 55M you got him on, so tremendous transfer there!

On 26/04/2020 at 03:06, henri.melo00 said:

Yes, it was gutting.

He was playing for the B team, which played a lot, as a wing-back. But, when he was in the bench, sometimes, I sent him out as a winger, or when needed. He is very good, was planning on start using him as winger, but the opportunity to get 61 million on Veenvleet changed the plans. 

I enjoyed very much, until that dreadful week where we lost CL and the Cup. It was a great experience, nonetheless.

Definitely understand that transfer changed plans! 

Same case for me - dreadful end to the season, but otherwise a very enjoyable ride!

11 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

think he's shaken it enough, it's gone blue! 

Look.. Uh.. you haven't heard it from me eh? But, I've heard that's how @ManUtd1 prefers it.. 

Edited by Benjoe

3 hours ago, Benjoe said:

When you have a striker turned attacking midfielder named Cray Ray and a lad named.. Karen.. dominating you know you're doing things right!

Looking really good so far @TheLutterworthFox! Palomba was in my binoculars 2 seasons ag as well but for nowhere near the 55M you got him on, so tremendous transfer there!

Definitely understand that transfer changed plans! 

Same case for me - dreadful end to the season, but otherwise a very enjoyable ride!

Look.. Uh.. you haven't heard it from me eh? But, I've heard that's how @ManUtd1 prefers it.. 

he likes his poultry like other men like their steak... blue

I always feel the yellow injury sign is far too close to the international / on holiday airplane sign.

At 1st glance I was like.... Cray Ray scored 2 goals against Real while on a plane?!?!?

No wonder he's the Ballon D'or winner! 

2 hours ago, TheLutterworthFox said:

BREAKING NEWS!

Cray Ray Romano wins the Ballon D'Or!

15708d1ebdca9c146e0b9bedcbec5fd4.png

He also wins FIFA Best Mens Player and FIFA FIFPRO Player of the Year!

The flight to the ceremony was nerve-wracking.  

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, TheLutterworthFox said:

BREAKING NEWS!

Cray Ray Romano wins the Ballon D'Or!

15708d1ebdca9c146e0b9bedcbec5fd4.png

He also wins FIFA Best Mens Player and FIFA FIFPRO Player of the Year!

Super Karen Grigoyan wins French Player of the Year as well! 

bb8ee802abdb9f4d9388ba0abb0abb32.png

Heath Ledger GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

End of January Update

It's gone pretty well. We got whooped by Atletico and then fell to a surprise defeat to Betis but they were our only 2 league defeats. We also lost to Atletico in some strange Spanish Super Cup where there were semi's and a final!

0a073ff960c80d605d95ccc1e66f81b7.png

Overall really good, we have been sensational in some of the games, especially CRR!

We're also into the 5th Round of the Copa del Rey where we face an away game against Real Madrid.

And in the Champions League even though we lost to Inter Milan in the Groups we ended top and will face Benfica in the last 16

75f640d0caa5b8d55655209695b8b501.png

My player of the last 3 months clearly is CRR but as I've spoken about him enough let's talk about someone else.

Nikola Rudovic has been playing amazingly lately, mainly up front and put in some fantastic performances

c011baf39215556e41d08ce4fd076d9c.png

Time to finish the season! Apologies it's taken me a while, I have been working but also the game is running so slow on my laptop! Think it's time for a new one or move over to Stadia!

Anyway first up is the Spurs Champions League tie

We did really well to grab a 2-2 draw in the away leg courtesy of a CRR brace

d318de13a8eff5279c305f1fafc58345.png

The 2nd leg was a strange one, we really didn't play well. It took me subbing CRR in the 78th minute (he was awful) for the game to come alive. 2 very late goals sealed the game! We're into the Semis!

2fe4b66dde488612753b01726fda880e.png

Where we'll face PSG!!!! Wish me luck!!!!

In other news

We are also very close to winning the league, 5 games to go and we're 8 points clear. Next up is the Copa Del Rey final against Atletico. We owe them for the kick-in we got earlier in the season!

Copa del Rey Final

What a game! We dominated from the off but it took until nearly 30 minutes to grab the lead, a Grigoryan corner was headed home by Holger Fiebig. 1-0!

The lead was doubled right on half time when Summer signing Palomba, Yilmaz intercepted an Atletico break to play a lovely through ball to Palomba, he took on his man and smashed it past the keeper! 2-0!

And that is how it stayed, what a win, redemption for the 3-0 league defeat earlier on in the season and my first trophy!

85573674faa55bce22e86ac8e9928a10.png

Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg

WHAT A GAME! For the neutral amazing, for me and the PSG boss it was a heart pounding match!

We came out of blocks and straight the way went on the attack. CRR, recently rested from the last League game was one again the man of the moment as he scored twice in the first 20 minutes to put us into the League, what a start!

It got even better as just before half time we made it 3-0 courtesy of Luka Vardic, the half time whistle blew and we had a 4-2 lead!

Then came the second half, just hold boys, defend well and don't let it slip. PSG came at us and grabbed a goal back just after the hour mark but we immediately hit back to lead 4-1 in the game and 5-3 in tie.

Now is the time for clear head, no pressure, just defend well and don't f*ck up! Guess what we did? Yeah that's right we totally threw it away. A Mbappe goal with 8 minutes to go made the tie 5-4 and then in the last minute Rodrygo scored to level the match. 5-5! UNBELIEVEABLE!

The final whistle goes and here's me expecting extra time! NO!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE THROUGH ON AWAY GOALS!!! 

e3ba640128e9d8c0b57018a27be8345d.png

Absolute scenes! We're into the final by the skin of our teeth and we will face Manchester City!

End of Season Review

What an amazing year it's been! From losing in the Club World Cup final to ending with a Domestic Double and winning the Champions League!

54c5d24228997c842b2dc3814bfc74ef.png

Here is the squad that has performed so well this season...

60bd79747405a3866de7633fab91e02d.png

End of season awards..

e7839807817570d623cec8fcdc73d386.png1ac1fc343d6966691a0341cf4ee71471.png

Karen Grigoryan just pipped Cray Ray to the club player of the year...

97f3938854fa4457dc7020aaf24319ee.png

But there was no doubt who the main man was, Cray Ray Romano made up for his red card 2 seasons ago in the Champions League to absolutely smash it this season. 43 goals in 49 games. 28 in 31 in the League!

4aad6b545df1cfe007b15523c379b580.png

8dcde39b9eac65589ce16acb3e7ea7a7.png

Absolutely brilliant! Thanks so much for letting me be involved in this. I shall now pass it on to the next guy, anyone know who it is?!

Edited by TheLutterworthFox

I will have a look at what jobs available when I get on after some food. Gotta admit, I was looking forward to using these players, but since everything has been won it is probably time to move onto pastures new. 

I am only going to get on for a few hours tonight so I will have a mooch around the save and may let the community decide if there are a couple of jobs I fancy. Then I can get started on it in earnest over a few beers after work tomorrow

Just having a quick browse and... wow. What a team you have all built here at Valencia over the past few years. Just to follow on from @TheLutterworthFox's last post, there were a few more awards won and records broken at the end of the season after I had pressed continue. So without further ado I'll give you all a quick breakdown:

Awards 3.png

awards 5.png

awards 6.png

awards 8.png

awards 9.png

Awards.png

record.png

Awards 2.png

But onto the important part.... In the immortal words of The Clash, "Should I Stay or Should I Go???"

Looking at the jobs page, there wasn't a lot on offer: 

jobs.png

The 7-0 thrashing of Real Madrid appears to have done a bit more than merely damage their confidence! ;)

Two jobs jumped out at me from that list, although one is definitely more suited to this save than another. The first one was Milan. What better was to gain revenge on Inter than topple the current Serie A Champions from their own backyard?!

The other was Paris FC. Probably more suited to a single player, long term save than this swap-and-drop community effort, but building a legacy at a "lesser" local team is always a lot of fun. Plus, they have a couple of tasty looking youngsters we could build a squad around.

The other option I think is to stay where we are, but I will allow the community to decide....

jobs milan 2.png

jobs milan 3.png

jobs milan.png

jobs paris 2.png

jobs paris 3.png

jobs paris.png

Edited by OldManGravz

Toro also tempts me for obvious reasons :lol: and Crazy Ray can come home in 4/5 seasons...

Paris FC isn't a bad option though @OldManGravz we got 10-12 seasons out of Macarthur to start with so I don't think staying at a club for a long stretch is a big deal also gives us a ton of continuity/fun because it would be a massive project for us.

I'll say PFC

2 hours ago, wynter said:

Toro also tempts me for obvious reasons :lol: and Crazy Ray can come home in 4/5 seasons...

Paris FC isn't a bad option though @OldManGravz we got 10-12 seasons out of Macarthur to start with so I don't think staying at a club for a long stretch is a big deal also gives us a ton of continuity/fun because it would be a massive project for us.

I'll say PFC

Could be a great shout, dragging down PSG...

PFC i can be part of the build up this time, and someone else can get the glory and hopefully join the exclusive treble club!

though I will follow wherever we end up going :)