Affraid to buy FM 2020

After reading many comments and topics, I'm affraid to buy FM 2020. I've tried demo, and it was awful, I know things may improved by now, but still I don't see many positive things on this forum.

Problem is almost always the same, people complain, some moderators defend the game, and some veteran players keep bringing statistics to show how each FM versions is realistic, and close to real football.

FM was never, never, even close to real football. There is almost nothing realistic in the game. Every time, you create a save game, and click "continue" for the first time, every connection with real football ends there. There is for example unrealistic number of goals after corners, urealistic transfers, unrealistic Wold Cup winners and so on. And that is A GOOD THING. That is FUN. If the game was realistic, you would not be able to win Champions League for example with lower league teams.

One more thing are for example - injuries. There were FM's where there were too many injuries. And then, somebody would say - but look at the real life statistics, number of injuries are the same. No. Injuries are frustrating, then don't have to be realistic. If my central defenders can score 30+ goals per season: https://prnt.sc/qj37b4, and that is not realistic, why the injuries must be realistic. I'm reading comments here "too many one on one chances missed". And then somebody say - in real life, strikers also miss too many chances. Hey, again, back to my 30+ goals central defenders, and other unrealstic things, why we must have have realistic one to one statistics, if there are so many other unrealistic things. Games should be, again, FUN.

FUN = Balance between unrealistic + realistic + challenging. If something realistic would iritate people, made game bad or too hard, I don't think that has to be implemented.

My toughts are that SI is trying to make new FMs as realistic as possible, and then we have these match engine problems. ( ofcourse I can be wrong )

I'm not bashing the game or SI, I just don't want to be affraid to buy my favourite game. I think for the future, best thing for me would be to not visit this forum, and then just take a risk and buy FM every January, without reading anything here.

55 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

One more thing are for example - injuries. There were FM's where there were too many injuries. And then, somebody would say - but look at the real life statistics, number of injuries are the same. No. Injuries are frustrating, then don't have to be realistic.

Injuries in FM have always been a fraction of the number there are in real life, particularly in the current version. 

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

If you found the demo awful, I'd suggest you not bother.. 

I myself am loving the game despite the few issues i have with the ME  :)

Same, if you don't like the demo, I doubt you will have much more fun with the full game. I'm loving it personally, and have racked up more than 300 hrs so far.

Wait until the next Match Engine patch. The current one is terrible, and should never have been released in this state. I'll get my money's worth over the next couple of years with a final-version match engine, but for now it's embarrassing watching defenders run away from long balls to give a striker a one on one that the keeper then super-saves 6 times a match.

If having read all the comments on the forums you are afraid to buy the game, I am not sure what you are expecting by posting this on the forums.  The game will always divide the community and you will always get both negative and positive comments.  176,000 users played the game yesterday on steam, so they have made up their own mind and maybe this is the direction you should also take.

My advice is dont buy it

I did and I regret it.. I play it everyday cuz I love the series but I am near mental breakdown non stop..

For example I am on a 10th game unbeaten run fighting for top 4 in my 6th season.. I host Norwich I am missing my 6th CCS . Some absolute sitters like pass across the goal and he just pass it to the GK ( he has shoot with power trait..In past this is 50000% Goal). Then his GK long goal kick.. Ball bounces around my CB and over him goes to his striker bam 0:1..

I make it 1:1 then long through ball and my defender refuses to turn and just acts stupid...

I lost the game finished with 8/9 ccs... 

Problem is you get way too much CCS!.. I mean almost every Key moment is CCS so the engine has to keep scores low and let you win 2-3-0 max so you end up missing ridiclous ammouth of chances. That usually leads you to hating your striker. Mine has 50 goals in EPL in 3 seasons and I want to sell him asap cuz I hate him... Because all you see him miss you think every player you got is awful and you want to replace and replace and replace them..

I think the biggest problem, though it's tied to how weak chances are, is that the players don't have any personality in the 3D. Like, it's exciting when your wingback has 17 pace, decent attacking attributes, but he's kind of an idiot defensively. Maybe it's less exciting when your injury cover pensioner CB has 7 pace, but as long as you're forced to use him you also want to protect him and play to his strengths. This doesn't exist in FM20 because player behavior is kind of a mush, and whether your wingback creates a great chance or the long ball goes over the old man's head, it's not very likely that anything is going to happen.

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

If having read all the comments on the forums you are afraid to buy the game, I am not sure what you are expecting by posting this on the forums.  The game will always divide the community and you will always get both negative and positive comments.  176,000 users played the game yesterday on steam, so they have made up their own mind and maybe this is the direction you should also take.

Pretty much this. Closing as it's already become another feedback thread