reserve/youth manager play with own tactics

On FM19 there was an option to select if you wanted the reserve/youth manager to play with first team tactics, or play with own tactics. I can't find this option on FM20, and thus the reserve/youth manager always plays with the tactics I have selected for first team. Is there any way I can get them to play with their own tactics?

11 ore fa, autohoratio ha scritto:

That option isn't there if you're managing the U23/U19/etc players' individual training

That must be a new "feature", because in the Beta I was able to change U23/U18 players duties and formation directly from the "pick Senior players for the Reserve team" news item)...

"You're in control on one or more aspects of the team"... SO effin' WHAT?! All the more reasons to allow me to alter the tactics. Or not enough for me not to leave the AssMan or whoever in charge...

I may like to pick individual training (to avoid my staff re-training players in absolutely unnecessary secondary roles) but still leave the rest to them, especially if the Senior Team style doesn't match the skills of the reserves/youth.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Couldn't you just delegate individual training and then when you change it for a player you just take it over for that individual permanently.

I just checked this and it works if you just want to train a new position because you can take over the individual's program rather than the teams. Unfortunately when applying a training focus that option doesn't come up and it's either full team control or nothing.

Edited by likesiamesefish
checked in game

• 1 month later...

So this works as intended? That is a poor design choice. I want to control the training of the youth, but let the assistant pick the best formation for the team. There has to be a way to achieve this.

• 1 month later...

just to add another voice to this being a really bizarre design choice. I don't want to micromanage the youth teams but I do like to set their individual training to better develop them. I've just got an excellent DMC through my youth system, don't currently play with a DMC at first team level but probably will within a couple of seasons, so I want him to be able to develop in his best position. I can't currently do that, but would have been able to in previous versions 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
39 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

leave assman in charge of u-training, change their prefered formation, then take control of U-training again.

Thanks man, you're a lifesaver.

• 2 months later...