[FMT20] [SKIN] Base Skin Download

KennedyBakircioglu

Hi,

As the name suggests, you can download the base skin for the desktop version of FMT using the link below; 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k0pipom13roynpg/FMT_Base_Skin.zip/file

I will be creating my own skin for FMT in due course, but in the meantime anyone can download the base skin and start skinning as they wish :cool:

Edited by KennedyBakircioglu

55 minutes ago, Bomy said:

PC, thanks

Have you placed the 'fmc base skin' folder into Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/skins ?

For some reason when you load the game and go to preferences the skin name seems to just have the same name as the default one, i.e. it appears to be 2 of them, however one of them is in fact the base skin.

For anyone that wants to change the name of the skin so that you can tell which is the base skin in the dropdown list:

1. Edit the skin_config.xml inside the skin folder (Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 Touch\skins\fmc\skin_config.xml)

2. Delete the text <translation id="name" translation_id="402421" type="use" value="Football Manager Touch[COMMENT: skin name]" />

3. Add the text <string id="name" value="FMT Base Skin [COMMENT: skin name]" /> on the same line (replacing the FMT Base Skin text if you prefer a different name)

4. Save the file and reload FMT

I just copied this out of the base skin templates from last year and it seems to work.

EDIT: For any PC users having problems with the game recognizing the skin, delete the DSStore file and put all the folders and files contained in the "FMC" one folder back. 

Edited by tonidopa

On 28/11/2019 at 17:43, tonidopa said:

EDIT: For any PC users having problems with the game recognizing the skin, delete the DSStore file and put all the folders and files contained in the "FMC" one folder back. 

The game still does not recognize the skin :(

Any solution?

4 minutes ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

Hi all,

Just to confirm, the file I made available for download is only compaitable with PC or Mac.

The skin is within a folder when downloaded so make sure you take the skin out of this before placing in the Football Manager folders.

I did exactly as you said but still won't work for me (using a Mac).

I copied and pasted the skin within the folder (fmc) inside the skin folder (Application Support -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager Touch 2020 -> skins) but still won't show in the game even after reloading the skin or delete the cache.

For anyone still having difficulties: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qsjow099d2ouuyd/FMT_Base_Skin.rar/file

Extract to the skin folder etc.

Full credit to @KennedyBakircioglu I just moved some folders around and altered the skin_config file where essentially there were a couple of lines missing which differentiated between the OP's "FMT Base Skin" and  the "Football Manager Touch" skin in the preference menu.

I have uploaded a photograph of what your skin folder should be similar to and what the preference menu looks like if it has worked.

I'm very sleepy, so I hoped that all made sense and I hope it works...

2019-12-08 01_08_55-Greenshot.jpg

2019-12-08 01_07_59-Greenshot.jpg

Edited by Sylv

8 hours ago, Sylv said:

For anyone still having difficulties: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qsjow099d2ouuyd/FMT_Base_Skin.rar/file

Extract to the skin folder etc.

Full credit to @KennedyBakircioglu I just moved some folders around and altered the skin_config file where essentially there were a couple of lines missing which differentiated between the OP's "FMT Base Skin" and  the "Football Manager Touch" skin in the preference menu.

I have uploaded a photograph of what your skin folder should be similar to and what the preference menu looks like if it has worked.

I'm very sleepy, so I hoped that all made sense and I hope it works...

2019-12-08 01_08_55-Greenshot.jpg

2019-12-08 01_07_59-Greenshot.jpg

I can now see the skin on the preferences menu but it's exactly the same as the original once load it.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks for your help!

3 hours ago, DurLennart said:

It's supposed to be the same as the original FMT skin. It does not change anything. 

My bad then I thought it was a different skin.

Is it possible to make it darker? the original makes my eyes bleed.

2 hours ago, patb said:

My bad then I thought it was a different skin.

Is it possible to make it darker? the original makes my eyes bleed.

I know what you mean. I haven't done any work on the colours yet, I'm waiting for the FMT 20.2.0 update.

The one thing I have changed is the migraine inducing white of the inbox, it's here if you want it - http://www.mediafire.com/file/d5naoq3rhiinlbb/inbox.xml/file move the inbox.xml into the settings folder of FMT Base Skin, then reload.

Great work.

Does anyone know if the brightness of the white in this screen be changed ? 

Unfortunately the screenshot doesn't show how bright the white is?

Thank you in advance

image.png

Edited by yd1882