[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

2 minutes ago, StePratt said:

@Powello Nicely done on the promotion mate! I think season one promotion is the key to this challenge. Just finished Season 3

20200425180942_1.thumb.jpg.4370912698502ef764198e436256f39e.jpg

Not too bad, few too many draws and some disappointing defeats. Into Europe though. Happy with that.

20200425181025_1.thumb.jpg.e16fe6f2fff85a9dcb61115886b6c6ba.jpg

Mason was on fire again. Absolute club legend in the making.

20200425181128_1.thumb.jpg.0d7e9d1802e9b3a963a80ead9abb8fc7.jpg

Here's an overview of the squad. Some quite impressive regens coming through. Might carry this save on after the 5 year challenge has ended.

Thanks man, yeah I think you have to go up first season or it is very tough as I know haha.

Damn you are doing very well, nice work.

Yeah Mason is way too good on this version, it's making me excited for the future at United for real, but I also remember Freddy Adu LOL

2 things, jesus how big is your screen? haha and you wouldn't happen to have a link to that squad view would you, that looks pretty good, although I have a 14 inch screen so I won't see most of it haha

I love youth development saves like this, it's entertaining. I would have kept my last save going after the first attempt but I was so annoyed I didn't complete it I had to start again lol.

I'm moving to a new place soon and won't have wifi, well not for a while at least anyway, deppends if I can persuade the owners to get it, be difficult when I don't speak the language lol. I will try to get on using my phone as a hotspt as I want to share the new challenge in a few days, going to be harder than this one:D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Toonarmyfc said:

How did you get on with Mbappe? I’m just starting Season 4 and have managed to sign him- £140m up front and £50m over 3 years.

I now have Haaland, Mbappe, Rashford and Greenwood to choose from. Maybe I need a 4-4-2...?

He's been injured twice but is still the EPL top scorer :D

8 minutes ago, Powello said:

Thanks man, yeah I think you have to go up first season or it is very tough as I know haha.

Damn you are doing very well, nice work.

Yeah Mason is way too good on this version, it's making me excited for the future at United for real, but I also remember Freddy Adu LOL

2 things, jesus how big is your screen? haha and you wouldn't happen to have a link to that squad view would you, that looks pretty good, although I have a 14 inch screen so I won't see most of it haha

I love youth development saves like this, it's entertaining. I would have kept my last save going after the first attempt but I was so annoyed I didn't complete it I had to start again lol.

I'm moving to a new place soon and won't have wifi, well not for a while at least anyway, deppends if I can persuade the owners to get it, be difficult when I don't speak the language lol. I will try to get on using my phone as a hotspt as I want to share the new challenge in a few days, going to be harder than this one:D

Passion4FM for the screen view. I like it. All the info I need. 24 inch screen, usually have a few things going on.

I'm just in June and already Chelsea have signed Haaland, Eder Militao has joined Liverpool and City have signed everyone else!

20200425190956_1.thumb.jpg.511d97c6b5d4636e6b0cb9a03792ff02.jpg

1 minute ago, StePratt said:

Passion4FM for the screen view. I like it. All the info I need. 24 inch screen, usually have a few things going on.

I'm just in June and already Chelsea have signed Haaland, Eder Militao has joined Liverpool and City have signed everyone else!

20200425190956_1.thumb.jpg.511d97c6b5d4636e6b0cb9a03792ff02.jpg

Yeah I saw the name just couldn't remember where to get it as I've used theirs before in the past lol

On my first seaosn up in the last one, Liverpool, City and Chelsea spent over 700m between them.... I saw the names coming in and though, jesus I have no chance. Haaland against Mengi, Savic battling Barlow, Ruben Dias against Greenwood etc.

Oh I forgot to ask, hows Bishop going for you? Developing well? 

Just now, Powello said:

Yeah I saw the name just couldn't remember where to get it as I've used theirs before in the past lol

On my first seaosn up in the last one, Liverpool, City and Chelsea spent over 700m between them.... I saw the names coming in and though, jesus I have no chance. Haaland against Mengi, Savic battling Barlow, Ruben Dias against Greenwood etc.

Oh I forgot to ask, hows Bishop going for you? Developing well? 

I just Googled (other search engines are available) Passion4FM Squad View. They had a pack with about 12 different views in. Some are ok, some not so much.

Bishop is still number 1. Haven't been lucky with a keeper yet.

20200425191740_1.thumb.jpg.58f6df945ce31a0db1a757b814d87435.jpg

Ok this is weird. Look at my youth intake on the previous page. This guy came in, he was 3 stars, I remember looking at him and he looked terrible, stats were nothing like this before. Yes he's been here a few months now but literally his stats have shot up and is PA has gone up. So this must be the guy the HoYD was on about, but again he was nothing like this when he came through in March.

For example none of his physicals were above 11 when I looked at him. I haven't noticed this happening before. If this is a common thing happening, I would check your youth intakes come the end of the season. I promise you I don't have an ingame editor.

uBC5yry.jpg

Just now, StePratt said:

@Powello Must be doing something right?

20200425193036_1.thumb.jpg.6768b43cbaab632a55f1d99d7fe25353.jpg

Ha nice. I only have the English leagues down to the championship loaded, only for speed and as it's just a 5 seaosn challenge and can't buy anyone I don't need other leagues. If I did carry the save on then I would just add the others later once the embargo is lifted

So, I'm looking for a bit of suggestion here. 

I'm trying to figure out the perfect combination for Bruno and Pogba. 

Last season for me, Bruno(MEZ on Attack) had 11 assists and 5 goals in the league. Pogba had 7 goals and 4 assists(DLP on Support). 

For me, that's disappointing as I want more goals out of Bruno. 

I play a 4-3-3 DM system. With McTominay or Matic as the deepest in a DM(D) role. 

Now, I'm wondering if it's logical to change Pogba's role to that of the Roaming Playmaker, with Bruno keeping his MEZ(A) role, or is the "Roam From Position" going to wreck me, especially since both will likely like to move into the box?

I like the idea that the RPM role also builds on a player being more applicable in the defensive phase as well, which suits Pogba. 

The alternative is Pogba as the AP(S), and Bruno as the B2B(S), which I'm not a fan of for these two. 

Does anything think these will work well, or any further suggestions? 

Edited by MatthewS17

5 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Last season for me, Bruno(MEZ on Attack) had 11 assists and 5 goals in the league. Pogba had 7 goals and 4 assists(DLP on Support). 

I play a 4-3-3 DM system. With McTominay or Matic as the deepest in a DM(D) role. 

Now, I'm wondering if it's logical to change Pogba's role to that of the Roaming Playmaker, with Bruno keeping his MEZ(A) role, or is the "Roam From Position" going to wreck me, especially since both will likely like to move into the box?

I like the idea that the RPM role also builds on a player being more applicable in the defensive phase as well, which suits Pogba. 

The alternative is Pogba as the AP(S), and Bruno as the B2B(S), which I'm not a fan of for these two. 

It definitely works mate as I've tested it out before. Pogba is amazing as an RPM but I wanted to get a 4231 working with my striker the main goalscorer so I have ditched the 4123/433. I had a 433 set up with McTominay/Garner/Matic as Half back, Pogba RPM and Bruno MEZ (A).

Edited by Gee_Simpson

On 18/04/2020 at 11:21, stevemc said:

I always split my budget out and leave £15-20m per season to sign players for my youth team (always remove any % sell on options too), after setting that up in season 1, and repeating each season, after season 3-4 you should start seeing a return on your money or see HG players almost ready for the first team - every summer. I'm in my 5th season and I've sold around £500m worth of players this summer. I also loan alot of these out getting the wages paid and demand a fee too, covering your costs. 

I generally leave my Chief Scout to set it up but do occasionally take control my self to scout obscure regions. I also scout all U19 International Teams every year and scout around 30 of the best youth academies every year too. I also check the Youth Intake screens on the World tab. Another tip is to use the "Short Term" scouting focus, I keep it set to count from 2 star to 4 star aged 15-21. Obviously you need good scouts and a good variety of scouts too.

I have them automatically set to save to the default short list, and I have a seperate shortlist which I move players too if I'm serious about them, named "Youth Intakes" and "Potential Signings".

Steve - this could be a silly question but how do you have them automatically set to save to the shortlist? 

6 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

On one of my old saves I used a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1, In the 4-3-3 I had pogba and Bruno as the 2 infront of Matic/mct or garner with Pogba as a BBM and Bruno as an AP-A.

Both got into double figure for both goals and assists.

But i got the best out of the pair in the 4-2-3-1. Pogba was in the 2 again as a BBM with Bruno behind the striker as an AM-A or SS, he got 23 goals and around 25 assists that season, Pogba was in double figures for both but can't remember how much.... Then later on after selling Pogba I moved Bruno back to the BBM role and put Havertz in the old bruno role and both killed it again. Bruno actually did better in the BB role than Pogba did

Anybody still using Loan Manager with their Man Utd save?

From googling, there was an example of Man Utd's Loan Manager accepting loans instead of the Manager, that the Staff responsibilities kept resetting itself for this to happen. So, was wondering if this bug still persist or your Loan Manager is acting as it should be in your save now?

Planning to hire one (not Man Utd save), finally found a decent real-person Loan Manager, though I don't want him to be messing up my loans.

1 hour ago, quee said:

Anybody still using Loan Manager with their Man Utd save?

From googling, there was an example of Man Utd's Loan Manager accepting loans instead of the Manager, that the Staff responsibilities kept resetting itself for this to happen. So, was wondering if this bug still persist or your Loan Manager is acting as it should be in your save now?

Planning to hire one (not Man Utd save), finally found a decent real-person Loan Manager, though I don't want him to be messing up my loans.

I've never really had a problem with them, they usually only loan out the players I put on the development list, maybe I've just been lucky, but then also I have only been playing this version for a couple of months or so

47 minutes ago, Powello said:

I've never really had a problem with them, they usually only loan out the players I put on the development list, maybe I've just been lucky, but then also I have only been playing this version for a couple of months or so

I guess they fixed the bug, that's good to know.

3 hours ago, Powello said:

On one of my old saves I used a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1, In the 4-3-3 I had pogba and Bruno as the 2 infront of Matic/mct or garner with Pogba as a BBM and Bruno as an AP-A.

But i got the best out of the pair in the 4-2-3-1. Pogba was in the 2 again as a BBM with Bruno behind the striker as an AM-A or SS, he got 23 goals and around 25 assists that season, Pogba was in double figures for both but can't remember how much.... Then later on after selling Pogba I moved Bruno back to the BBM role and put Havertz in the old bruno role and both killed it again. Bruno actually did better in the BB role than Pogba did

What did the rest look like in both of these systems? 

Edited by retrodude09

8 minutes ago, retrodude09 said:

What did the rest look like in both of these systems? 

As far as I can remember

SK - D                                                                    The 4-1-2-3 had the same set up just the midfield 3 was

IW        BPD-D      BPD-D    IW                                                                                   HB/DLP

DLP-D     BBM                                                                                      AP-A             BBM    Can't remember which way round these 2 were

W-S          AM-A/SS       W-A

AF

I may have got a couple of these roles wrong but I have been on 3 different saves since then lol

This is an example of both the joys and annoyance of both the FM ME and real life football.

gPba2nu.jpg

Lost this game 2-1 although one of the goals they scored was a penalty given away once again by the penalties against master Brandon Williams

I am attempting to recreate the tactic of the Master, Johann Cruyff from his Ajax and Barcelona days(Yes I love recreating tactics on FM if I can) and this was the first game testing it apart form one friendly, and the first game since our promotion. It took me a while during the game to spot something I forgot to do, which was lower the passing and tempo to right dow, and by that time we were 2-0 down. Watching the game we produced some excellent football, defendedmostly brilliantly apart from 2 lapses in concentration and some of the pass and move sequences was brilliant to watch. After I made the small changes they had nothing in attack and it was us all over, unfortunatly their keeper was like a wall.

Obviously I don't really have a squad full of technically amazing players to fit this style of football but I still saw some promise and somehting to build on. No I haven't gone away from the tactic and style that destroyed the Championship, but after watching a couple of videos that came up in my youtube reccomended list, I felt inspired to give it a try and didn't want to start a new save just to do it.

F0kYXW5.jpg

It's nice to see that every outfield player that was on the pitch had at least 1 effort, that's what I want to see from a total football style, meaning anyone can score, from a variety of plays. Definitely promising start, just got to turn them into goals

Edited by Powello

18 minutes ago, Powello said:

As far as I can remember

SK - D                                                                    The 4-1-2-3 had the same set up just the midfield 3 was

IW        BPD-D      BPD-D    IW                                                                                   HB/DLP

DLP-D     BBM                                                                                      AP-A             BBM    Can't remember which way round these 2 were

W-S          AM-A/SS       W-A

AF

I may have got a couple of these roles wrong but I have been on 3 different saves since then lol

How did the IWB do for you in both systems? Assuming both were on defend or support? 

Just now, retrodude09 said:

How did the IWB do for you in both systems? Assuming both were on defend or support? 

I believe they were both support.They did exactly the same in both systems which was annoy me a lot by doing messi style runs and shooting from stupid angles even though they had about 4 passing options in open spaces. But the pleasing side of them was their compacting of the middle, we were difficult to go through, We had a winning run without conceding a goal of about 23 games one of the seaosns, which they played a big part in helping

This one is much better

a4c4TSM.jpg

We only won this game 3-2, but their goals were firstly from a corner and the last one was a 95th minute penalty

AxogRIh.jpg

I'm just waiting for Garner to come back form suspension then we will be much better in midfield as Traore is defenitely not a DM

Don't worry, I'm not going to update on every game lol, This is just the side of FM I love

5 hours ago, Powello said:

I've thought about this, but I want Bruno to occupy a similar role to what he has for us IRL, which means his defensive responsibility ends at the halfway line. And Pogba needs to be the one to get back, with his passing able to control the flow and tempo of the game. Tbf, I'm not looking for so much out of them. 10G and 10A out of each of them would be something I'm happy with. Mostly assists out of Pogba, with Bruno getting into the box and position to shoot more. 

This is because I want Rashford as the LW(IF) to be my focal point goalscoring wise, with Martial adding up on it as well. It worked in my first season as both scored 35 goals across all comps(35 in 43 for Martial and 35 in 48 for Rashford). 

The issue here is I think I can get more out of this team, as I'm not fitting my roles in correctly.

As for the 4-2-3-1, I don't prefer it as I prefer the extra man being able to hold in the midfield. I opt instead for a Diamond or a Back 3 when needed.

Edited by MatthewS17

11 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

It definitely works mate as I've tested it out before. Pogba is amazing as an RPM but I wanted to get a 4231 working with my striker the main goalscorer so I have ditched the 4123/433. I had a 433 set up with McTominay/Garner/Matic as Half back, Pogba RPM and Bruno MEZ (A).

Haha, I'm trying to get the best of both worlds here, which is proving difficult. I think sitting Pogba as the AP(S) or keeping the RPM while Bruno drops into the MEZ(S) might work, but I'm not sure. Bruno on support will mean he drops deeper to provide more defensive cover, and would be more applicable to a system of alternating 8's. What concerns me is Bruno losing his ability to get into the box, leaving me a man short going forward.

44 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

I've thought about this, but I want Bruno to occupy a similar role to what he has for us IRL, which means his defensive responsibility ends at the halfway line. And Pogba needs to be the one to get back, with his passing able to control the flow and tempo of the game. Tbf, I'm not looking for so much out of them. 10G and 10A out of each of them would be something I'm happy with. Mostly assists out of Pogba, with Bruno getting into the box and position to shoot more. 

This is because I want Rashford as the LW(IF) to be my focal point goalscoring wise, with Martial adding up on it as well. It worked in my first season as both scored 35 goals across all comps(35 in 43 for Martial and 35 in 48 for Rashford). 

The issue here is I think I can get more out of this team, as I'm not fitting my roles in correctly.

As for the 4-2-3-1, I don't prefer it as I prefer the extra man being able to hold in the midfield. I opt instead for a Diamond or a Back 3 when needed.

Post your tactic if you can, can see what changes you can make then

6 minutes ago, StePratt said:

Massive win. Season 4 has started very well. Level on points with Man City after 10 games. Benefited having a centre half come through, although this game was Mengi and Bejger. Probably my best win of the challenge so far.

20200426152351_1.thumb.jpg.502e3d3fad0f41c8c491e6d2a1a03344.jpg

That's a great win, keep it up chief

Just reached January 1st (Season 21/22) so figured I'd post an update. 

We go into the new year in 2nd place behind Liverpool. We typically were unbeaten until the last game of the year until a Brandon Williams red card resulted in a 4-2 loss to Newcastle. 

Went a bit mental and picked up some regens when it dawned on me that the bulk of my U23 squad is out on loan and my manager was playing a GK in midfield. Scouts had them all at three+ stars though that seems to have dropped since signing them (of course) - Buckle looks the most promising of them, though thinking i'll train him as a CB.

Table.PNG

Squad.png

Capture.PNG

Footballer.PNG

6 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

Haha, I'm trying to get the best of both worlds here, which is proving difficult. I think sitting Pogba as the AP(S) or keeping the RPM while Bruno drops into the MEZ(S) might work, but I'm not sure. Bruno on support will mean he drops deeper to provide more defensive cover, and would be more applicable to a system of alternating 8's. What concerns me is Bruno losing his ability to get into the box, leaving me a man short going forward.

It worked with Bruno as a MEZ (S) too, so you could try that.

January 2025

After the big Spurs double header to end December the good results continued in the new year. Spurs however lost 2 games which has suddenly opened up a gap. The two cup games against Villa were weird, match stats were very similar but wildly different scorelines.

utd25febsched.thumb.PNG.eb6b2348780edd0ad10d0e1b64bf6b44.PNG

Transfers Out: Frederic Guillot to Real Madrid for £46.5m. One of my young DC's that was being used as 4th choice and establishing himself in the senior squad but when Madrid and Barca came calling he wanted to speak to them. Disappointed this happened already when he was just getting senior football and I sold another one in the summer I jumped Guillot ahead of but now someone else will get those opportunities.

No players added during the window, but around the league Man City spent £150m on two players and Chelsea spending £80m on Brandt were the big deals going on.

Looking ahead to the rest of the season, Arsenal await in the league cup final, Inter Milan in the CL knockouts and Stoke/Cardiff in the FA cup and of course holding on to the league title.

@Powello Nearly finished Season 4. Just had a proper Golden Generation come through. A CM to rival Garner (worth 58m) straight away and a keeper who went straight in goal at 16! Found a Brazilian CB hiding in my Under 18's too. He came through last season but I had been sleeping on him. Not now. 

20200426211435_1.thumb.jpg.e985e326a438f1ae9fcc9e16e62f8958.jpg

No more spoilers though. Got to see how the season pans out.

11 hours ago, StePratt said:

@Powello Nearly finished Season 4. Just had a proper Golden Generation come through. A CM to rival Garner (worth 58m) straight away and a keeper who went straight in goal at 16! Found a Brazilian CB hiding in my Under 18's too. He came through last season but I had been sleeping on him. Not now. 

20200426211435_1.thumb.jpg.e985e326a438f1ae9fcc9e16e62f8958.jpg

No more spoilers though. Got to see how the season pans out.

Ha nice. I remember getting a player with the same name in one of my intakes, think it was an old save. He was acm though not keeper

6-0 v Spurs? nice

Edited by Powello

EYD Challenge Take 2 Season 2 Review

Much shorter title this time haha.

So after last seaosns domination of the Championship, I came into this first seaosn back in the Premier League high on confidence and hopeful we can do well. On the first attempt at this challenge we managed 8th in the first season which to be fair was a great effort with the squad, but you know by now that as a manager/player of games, I am very demanding and greedy. I expect better every time, even on saves where I've won every game, I still want improvement somewhere.

We will get to the league performance, but first lets start with the Youth intake, again which the HoYD was going to be a golden generation, he was very wrong

pBLqSV1.jpg

Theres a couple which, if develop right, have a good chance of a future here, but not many wll last more than a season or 2.

The Cups

As I have said before, the cups I don't really care about this save and leave them to Phelan to take on, still using my tactics tactics though of course. He did terribly in the Carabao, but was pretty good in the FA Cup

jU3KScp.jpg

You never know, next seaosn he might actually win one of them.

The League

For this challenge, the league is the most important competition, well until we get into the Champions League. So how well/badly did we do in our first season up? Let's just say, a lot better than I was expecting, I was planning on getting in the top 4 in another season as our players develop and improve, so wasn't expecting to get it fat the first go.

7Hvk4gW.jpg

So right now we are ahead of schedule, but are these players ready enough for battling on 2 fronts in the League and Champions league? I'm not sure I have a strong enough squad for that yet. Quite a few players need more development. Hopefully we can surprise Europe with our pace. If we can get out of the group next season I will be happy.

Squad Stats

Once again, Mason was the top scorer, but this season the goals are more spread out, so he didn't get as many as last season. Toure keeps surprising me, he did even better than last season and last seasons performances were a shock. He is really growiing into his role. As is Garner, he didn't play as much this season due to injuries, but he is vital to how we perform. He doesn't get many goals or assists, but he's the one who controls our midfield, finds the passes that sets most attacks in motion and is solid infront of the defence. When he's not playing, we aren't as good in attack or defence. We really missed him when he was out, we still won games of course but we dropped points in games we could have won if he was there. As Captain he is leading by example.

2GNLw8A.jpg
jt76Apo.jpg
mYr6Q78.jpg

SO onto next season. Can we improve? you'redamn right we can, I expect nothing more. But it will be tough with not a strong squad in terms of decent depth. If players like Garner and Mason get injured we might struggle. We have some good yougnsters coming through, but they are not ready to face the likes of Mbappe. Especially when we have Bishop in goal, no I am not back to hating him again, he did ok and the stats show he was slightly worse than last season but he was facing much better opponents. But I do fear for him when we face the likes of Mbappe, Ronaldo, Havertz etc

But we shall see how we go, we will go into Europe with no fear and hope for the best :D

Edited by Powello

Season 4 complete of the Extreme Youth Development Challenge. Fantastic season. Competed all season with Liverpool for the title but they were just too good. They're now on 21 league titles, so that puts a bit of pressure on us to knock them back off that perch.

Greenwood, Garner, Chong, Laird, Williams, Barlow, Hannibal, Bishop and Mengi have all played their part in our success this season. Bishop and Mengi won't play much next season due to some of the regens I have now, but are club legends for me now.

On to season 5.

20200427132941_1.thumb.jpg.602c1cb6b346759038369fb3c51dc5e2.jpg

20200427133314_1.thumb.jpg.59960171bd35f2ee6aa5c6a90c8c2462.jpg

37 minutes ago, StePratt said:

Season 4 complete of the Extreme Youth Development Challenge. Fantastic season. Competed all season with Liverpool for the title but they were just too good. They're now on 21 league titles, so that puts a bit of pressure on us to knock them back off that perch.

Greenwood, Garner, Chong, Laird, Williams, Barlow, Hannibal, Bishop and Mengi have all played their part in our success this season. Bishop and Mengi won't play much next season due to some of the regens I have now, but are club legends for me now.

On to season 5.

20200427132941_1.thumb.jpg.602c1cb6b346759038369fb3c51dc5e2.jpg

20200427133314_1.thumb.jpg.59960171bd35f2ee6aa5c6a90c8c2462.jpg

Awesome work sir, unlucky with the title, but yeah it was always going to be tough to beat liverpool. Good luck with the final season, reckon you can win the league or champions league? Obviously going by that season you have a chance in the league

2 minutes ago, Powello said:

Awesome work sir, unlucky with the title, but yeah it was always going to be tough to beat liverpool. Good luck with the final season, reckon you can win the league or champions league? Obviously going by that season you have a chance in the league

It's going to be tough. With the new keeper and centre half pairing, I am quite confident. We beat Liverpool at Anfield, so there is hope belief we can win the title.

1 minute ago, StePratt said:

It's going to be tough. With the new keeper and centre half pairing, I am quite confident. We beat Liverpool at Anfield, so there is hope belief we can win the title.

It's beatingthe low block sides thats key for the title, I find beating the top 8 sides easy enough as they come at you, as long as you can get the ball off them there's tonnes of space behind them, but the burnleys of the league I struggle against

Well it's fair to say, the draw for the group stages of the champions league on our first year back  could have been a lot kinder to us. I was hoping we would get a nice easy draw but damn

Jx8utvA.jpg

Not that confident about our chances this year any more lol

26 minutes ago, nexting said:

Whats this EYD challenge you boys are doing, looks interesting. Could anyone explain, please.

The file is a few pages back. Powello created it. Everyone at United over 20 has been released. Relegation to the Championship and you start with minus 20 points. Woodward had been doing some dodgy dealings. Challenge is to win the Premier League and the Champions League in five years.  It's a lot of fun. 

21 minutes ago, StePratt said:

The file is a few pages back. Powello created it. Everyone at United over 20 has been released. Relegation to the Championship and you start with minus 20 points. Woodward had been doing some dodgy dealings. Challenge is to win the Premier League and the Champions League in five years.  It's a lot of fun. 

Haha for some reason I found you saying "Woodward has been doing some dodgy dealing"" Hilarious :D

On 22/04/2020 at 01:24, Powello said:

Ok I have decided I am bored of that save, yes I get bored quickly haha, and want a new challenge. But, I am not changing teams, I still want that challenge with United. So I have thought it over and come up with this new challenge below. I bring you the:-

Extreme Youth Development Challenge

The year is 2019 and Ed Woodward has been causing havoc behind the scenes. It turns out he has been falsifying documents and putting money in his own pocket as well as investing in some dodgy deals. His excuse when caught was he was making sure the club adhered to Finacial Fair Play Regulations, although when asked what about the dodgy deals and money in swiss accounts in his and his familes names, he refused to comment. 

In light of this, he has been removed as Chairman of Manchester United, replaced by the legend himself, Sir Alex Ferguson. Even though the owners and other members of the clubs board, were unaware of his dealings were found guilty of breaching Financial Fair Play rules in the worst way, The clubs punishment was not only losing their spot in the Premier League and Europa League and demoted to the Championship they were also given a 20 point deduction and a transfer ban until 2030. Cardiff on the other hand, got to keep their premiership status thanks to all this.

Many players jumped ship in light of this and the squad was left with kids.

Database Changes

Apart form the ones mentioned above:-

- All players aged 20 and over removed from the squads
- Balance reduced to 100m - I could have removed sponsorship and lowered the balance meaning you would have to sell players but this will do for now.
- Everton have replaced United in the Europa League
- I actually can't remember if I changed any others hahahaha

The Challenge

Your mission if you choose to accept is:- 

- You have 5 seasons to return United to the top of the World Football Rankings
- You must win the Premier League and Champions League in this time

I say you, becaue this database will be available for anyone who wants to take the challenge, but if you do, please give uodates here as it will be interesting to see how people approach it - UPDATE - Database file added, let me know if I did it right lol

I am testing everything right now, hopefully I edited it all correctly :D

Starting Squad

So below you can see what you are starting with. Yes there are a few great players there like Greenwood, Chong and Gomes, but you still have to be able to keep them oncw they start performing and premiership clubs start knocking on the door

VCKuDb3.jpg

This should be fun hahaha

Man United Youth Challenge 2 League and pts deduction.fmf 18.77 kB · 7 downloads

54 minutes ago, nexting said:

Whats this EYD challenge you boys are doing, looks interesting. Could anyone explain, please.

I've qouted it above dude

This EYD challenge you lads are doing makes me feel insignificant starting a regular save with Utd :lol:

Tbf I'm nowhere near good enough to pull it off otherwise I would try it! I can create logical systems now after the tonnes of reading and watching I have done over the years but I am shockingly bad at spotting things happening during a game, almost clueless tbh, and I'm not sure it's something you can improve on? Seems to me you're either good at analysing things or you aren't, but maybe I'm wrong here. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

18 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

This EYD challenge you lads are doing makes me feel insignificant starting a regular save with Utd :lol:

Tbf I'm nowhere near good enough to pull it off otherwise I would try it! I can create logical systems now after the tonnes of reading and watching I have done over the years but I am shockingly bad at spotting things happening during a game, almost clueless tbh, and I'm not sure it's something you can improve on? Seems to me you're either good at analysing things or you aren't, but maybe I'm wrong here. 

haha don't feel insignificant :D

Dude I created the challenge and I failed on the first attempt and I am soneone who has won the world cup with San Marino on previous version lol.  It's a hard challenge but it's more about the fun trying it than actually completing it. It doesn't matter if you complete it, just have fun trying it, I actually think it has made me better at the game as I have had to analyse things a lot more than I did, so you can certainly improve.

You're not born with the skills of analysis haha, same with everything in life, all it takes is practice and you will get better.

The next one I am going to create is way harder, if you think the EDY one is hard, wait for another few days and see what I post then hahahaha

Edited by Powello

EYD Challenge Take 2 Season 3 Review

So we ended 4th last season, on our first seaosn back in the Premiership, happy enough with that. But that's not the challenge so obviously we had to improve this season and edge closer to our goals. I knew this seaosn would be harder as we had the extra challenge of the Champions League this season and this is a young squad who are, lets face it, not that experienced. I said before, to make it harder we were drawn agsint Juventus, Ath Madrid and Hoffenheim. in the group stages.

So it's a proper challenge this season and I was hoping we could get in some excellent potential players in the youth intake to help us with our last 2 and a half season, but the FM gods decided no, we want to make it harder for you and gave me this:-

QmHZlYz.jpg

I mean there were others but they were terrible. Those 5 aren't bad players really but they are all in positions I don't need. Though Holding is going to be some player, I'm not sure who I would drop out of the current 11, even when he's fully developed.

Domestc Cups

I left them to Phelan as usual on this save and as usual he didn't win either lol. In the FA Cup we were knocked out in the 4th Round by Liverpool and in the Carabao Cup we did much better. But again were knocked out by Liveprool in the Semi Finals

Premier League

We did improve in the league, getting more points, scoring more goals, conceding less, but our away form lkept us from mounting a serious title challenge. We did get up to 2nd in March time but we had a run of 3 away games, losing 2 and drawing one which stopped us keeping up. But we still finished higher than last season so I am happy with the improvements.

j2rtdy9.jpg

Champions League

The group of death turned out to be nothing of the sort. It was not as hard as expected, although we did get smashed in the final game against AT=th Madrid, a result I still can't explain, we did get a man sent off in the 54th minute, but we were already 7-0 down by then lol.

a5g5yyQ.jpg

But despite that final hammering, we topped the group and set up a 1st round knockout against Barcelona.... Urgh! Should have finished second, Ath Madrid got Fiorentina lol

The first leg was to be played at the Nou Camp. We needed an away goal at least to make it tough for them, but alas, we were outclassed and couldn't take our chances

SI20Phj.jpg

But 2-0 down isn't that bad really, especially with our record at Old Trafford, where we have had a 5-1 win against Ath Madrid and a 3-0 against City. SO I was hopeful that we had a chance. And we gave it everything, controlled the game and were heading towards the end of normal time 2-0 ahead and extra time looming. Then the sickener came, Coutinho found some space, left by Levitt I think, being out of position from an attack and he swooped in to score from 25 yards in the 95th minute :(

y8cadOS.jpg

Squad Stats

qi1Yszh.jpg
Pdatzqe.jpg
cHtSn6E.jpg

Mason had another fantastic season, as did Traore and Levitt. But once I changed to 2 up top and Hattori(Regen) came in then it got going. Him and Mason formed a fantastic partnership that bodes well for the future. Over the first 2 youth intakes we got quite a few strikers in, so changing to 2 up top was a no brainer, we also have recieved some great wingers.

After the improvements this season, and the emergence of a couple of good regens that have developed well, I think we can challenge for the title next season. Just got to sort out the away form, which in the last 9 games I think I might have sorted a set up that will, just have to wait and see. Beating Madrid, Juventus, Barcelon and City shows that we have the talent to win it all, just have to find the cosistency to do it.

I've been monitoring the development centre and there could be 4 or 5 players ready to step up next season. Also, I am going to cut down the 1st team a bit. As part of my youth development, I have some players in there, just so they train with the first team, but really that is only helpful when I have mentors available and as everyone is too young for that just now, there's no point in some of them being in the squad 

Swear every united save since fm15 i've either found a ibrahim for youth intakes or seen someone have one, that's crazy!!

Also powello could you show us levitt by any chance? 4* rating in that team seems to me you've probably improved him more than people give chance. Interesting to see how you both smashed it and see the true potential of our youth players on FM given the first team chances, you 2 noticed any of our youth players bottling it? as in the type of games jesse has been having this season lol