[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I posted this elsewhere, but might play better in here...

First season with Lazio coming into Jan, looks like I'm going to finish in CL places comfortably.

Not got the squad depth to cope with CL, so would consider selling one of my prize assets – Luis Alberto or Sergio Milkinovic-Savic – to bolster the squad.

How can I get the most money for them? Liverpool are interested in SMS – he's valued at £55m and has three years left on his contract. I reckon I could get £100m. I have set this as his asking price – do I need to do any more? I feel like all I ever get are non-negotiable bids that are barely the player's value – and if you reject them, the player goes mad.

37 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@quee Thank you for sharing it, what a player he already is :applause: 
Armini is right-footed ;) 

PS: what did you do to Kulusevski to make him mad? :lol:

Thanks!

By watching the match, he is always a threat. But his ratings are low not because he didn't play well, but because his shots are always saved by the goalkeepers (ME problem here I think). I'm going to ask him to learn placed shot soon and curl shot after that to increase his chances, now he's learning dribble with ball often.

Kulusevski is always the best trainer, EVERY WEEK, since I joined Parma. I praised him every week, now he's mad :lol: Though I think it will go away each week when he had a positive reaction to my praises - it's totally random! :D Maybe I should stop praising him in training? :lol:

@ParanoidBuddha are you starting a Juve save now?

Edit: Don't forget, the mentoring group had a positive effect on him as well, going from Spirited to Driven in less than 6 months. I think his determination was a +2?

Edited by quee

27 minutes ago, Eddie Boop said:

Luis Alberto or Sergio Milkinovic-Savic

If it was me, I would build my side around these 2 and Immobile. Though, it's just my preference not to have a high players turnovers each season.

Welcome to thread! Are you playing Armini already in the first season?

47 minutes ago, quee said:

If it was me, I would build my side around these 2 and Immobile. Though, it's just my preference not to have a high players turnovers each season.

Welcome to thread! Are you playing Armini already in the first season?

Armini was sold under my nose by the U20 manager for £800k before I had the chance to set up staff responsibilities. Heartbreaking.

Ideally I would rather not sell either of the two players I mentioned there, but I just don't think I have a good enough squad to compete in the CL second season, so would rather re-invest in other areas. I think Andre Anderson could do a job as the replacement of SMS.

15 hours ago, quee said:

Will you stay with Monza?

Not sure the lack of transfer funding and wages is gonna hold me back in the long term. The club wont upgrade any area of the youth team to allow me to make my own team. And currently on June 28th (reset day is June 29th) And Napoli have approached me to take over with a £45m budget and £3m wage bill of which only £2.3m is being used. Pretty much have all the stars from the start exept mertens and have brought a few decent players in. With my current defence the thought of Manolas and Koulibaly pairing makes me excited!!!!!! But gonna be hard to give up on monza but at the same time I feel I have earned the upgrade.

5 ore fa, quee ha scritto:

Kulusevski is always the best trainer, EVERY WEEK, since I joined Parma. I praised him every week, now he's mad :lol: Though I think it will go away each week when he had a positive reaction to my praises - it's totally random! :D Maybe I should stop praising him in training? :lol:

@ParanoidBuddha are you starting a Juve save now?

I am a noob to FM, basically you should do the opposite of what I would say you ahah 
Yes! I downloaded everything I needed and edited a couple of attributes (balanced between upgrades and downgrades). Now I can start :D I always play with Juve because I wouldn't be able to see them sell all good players in 2-3 seasons :( FM has to improve. Btw I'll use Kulusevski in more central positions because I plan to build my team for a 3-5-2 (like Lazio) and 4-3-1-2 then he will play as mezzala or behind the strikers

I simulated half season and Kulusevski is performing well:
Kulusevski.thumb.JPG.6225dfae50967581ca11751064f2145a.JPG

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

AC Milan. Season 1, Mid-season update. 

IntroI’ll admit, I’ve never managed a side as big as Milan before. I normally try to take on a smaller team in the second division of a country but as a parent of two kids my attention is normally required elsewhere and my passion for the save deteriorates. Although, the 4 seasons I managed with Auxerre on FM20 is a record of longevity over the past couple of editions of the game. However, I recently read the news of Paulo Maldini contracting Coronavirus and my reminiscing of how great he was bought back memories of the amazing AC Milan teams of the 90’s and 00’s so I wanted to bring back that global dominance. 

I’ve never played FM and had these kind of budgets so will be a different kind of challenge!

AC Milan have a strange squad, lots of GOOD players but no one outstanding (other than arguably Donnarumma in goal). The forward line is lacking in talent and depth. Ibrahimovic, whilst still technically great is 37 years old and lacking in pace (and effort) and Leao, whilst full of promise isn’t yet what I’d consider a starting for a top half Serie A team. 

In fact, I flirted with a Torino save recently and the Milan starting eleven isn’t a massive improvement over theirs, except they pay a lot less in wages!

Ibrahimovic leads the team with 8 goals and 6 assists and an overall rating of 7.41. Leao really struggled so Ante Rebic (on loan from Frankfurt) stepped in and has scored 4 goals and 1 assist in his 8 games as a starter  

The surprise package has been Lucas Paqueta who I had slotted in the AMC slot but dropped him back into a Mezzala role and he’s done really well and is much more than just a flair player. 

The Season so far:

The Board goals of qualifying for the Euro Cup and playing defensively sound football are well in hand as, at the “winter break” we sit in 2nd place, on the same points as Juventus who top the table. To add to that we have only conceded 8 goals in 15 games. 

Our three loses so far have come to Juve (0-2), Brescia (0-2) and Torino (0-1). All three of those losses were away games so maybe I need to do a bit of tinkering, although I’m normally a one tactic kinda-guy. 

Speaking of tactics, I started with a 4-1-3-2 but after looking rather toothless upfront I realised the strikers needed some help so switched to a 4-3-1-2 and haven’t looked back. 

Transfers: 

I don’t like to make changes in the first transfer window if possible as believe it can unsettle the squad, and thought the squad looked in decent shape. Unfortunately, starting right back Andrea Conti ruptured his Achilles just EIGHT HOURS before the transfer deadline so I spent 13.25m on the transfer-listed Hans Hateboer from rivals Atalanta. 

Samu Castillejo went the other direction out on loan for the season with an optional 12.5m fee at the end. Antonio Donnarumma joined Olympiakos for £425k and, annoyingly, Giacomo Bonaventura wanted to more than double his weekly wages to renew his expiring contract so he will shortly join Guangzhou in a deal worth 9.5m.

As of yet I only got one player who will join the team on 1st January: 

Juan Fernando Quintero joins from River Plate for 5m. He has a lot of ability and could be great in the AMC slot, however, he’s been out injured all season so hasn’t yet played a game. 

Fingers crossed the second half of the season goes as well as the first, although I do usually succumb to the mid-season slump. 

17A0EC44-C4E0-45FA-BF80-CA8D2E6DB709.png

F7A2C8CC-82F4-4DBA-A877-7768DA0A6B0D.jpeg

C03D6152-32AC-4A70-9D88-C420FB8AA3ED.jpeg

Edited by Matt_1979

2 minutes ago, quee said:

Parma :cool:

Welcome, @Matt_1979! Thought you looked familiar, only clicked you were on page 6 when you mentioned Torino :D

You didn't like the Torino save?

I did, and I played a couple of months but all the time I had the niggle in the back of my mind to do Milan instead..... life’s too short..... haha 

4 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Btw I'll use Kulusevski in more central positions because I plan to build my team for a 3-5-2 (like Lazio) and 4-3-1-2 then he will play as mezzala or behind the strikers

I tried him in a few games as Mez-A, especially when his form were deteriorating in the 2nd half of the season. Apart from one beautiful assist to Inglese over the top of the defence, he did nothing much for me unfortunately.

Expecting good updates in due time, @ParanoidBuddha! :D

Btw, I'm loving the new explosion of influx of players playing in Italy. I thought the thread was disappointing compared to FM19 early on, now there's more life to it :applause:

Edited by quee

Just now, Matt_1979 said:

I did, and I played a couple of months but all the time I had the niggle in the back of my mind to do Milan instead..... life’s too short..... haha 

Yes, Milan should be fun as you said, some rebuilding needed.

Any youth prospects you're planning to develop? How is Maldini? Any chance he can turn out decent?

@Ronaldo Beckham @Weston @WilsonJuve I've decided against getting the editor, besides the Mac version doesn't seem to be able to alter retirement date anyway.

Spoiler

900111856_Screenshot2020-04-0714_15_24.thumb.png.d7f3801f29068f87d9cc12e1ef61cc57.png

This helped me decide, though :D Justified enough not to spend £6 just to fix one tiny thing in the game.

It took Buffon 20 days to get back to me after asking him to reconsider and when it was finalised he's going to retire regardless, I sent him on a coaching course and thought I never did checked his staff attributes :D

Happy enough that he's part of the first team coaching staff now!

Spoiler

Not even as a goalkeeper coach! As he actually is a 4* coach for outfield and 3.5* coach for the goalkeeping field :D I already have a 4* and a 4.5* goalkeeping coach in the first team, but I'm finding it hard to find 4* Italian coach - hence, the Buffon's solution.

Only wished the determination and man management is swapped over. Overall, happy enough with the development, though definitely preferred him to stay on for one more season just so he can tutor Alastra.

Edited by quee

47 minuti fa, quee ha scritto:

Btw, I'm loving the new explosion of influx of players playing in Italy. I thought the thread was disappointing compared to FM19 early on, now there's more live to it :applause:

Next year, if the real italian taxes will be properly included in the game, imo will be even funnier to play in Italy :) WIll be possible to offer way bigger wages to players/staff coming from outside Italy 

2 minutes ago, Knox316 said:

Fun team with history in série a outside euro league? Bologne?

Welcome!

I would say they would be a good choice! Some interesting mix of up-coming talents and old heads as well.

5 minuti fa, Knox316 ha scritto:

Fun team with history in série a outside euro league? Bologne?

Bologna is absolutely nice. Some talents and the owner has even a team in the MLS then it's a nice project :) 
Plus they have in mind to restore the stadium and it seems it will be really beautiful:

Just now, ParanoidBuddha said:

@quee and hopefully all other teams in serie A will be more competitive than in previous FM editions

You know I found it crazy that all of Parma's loan signings that D'Aversa made into permanent transfers total to £52m? In one season! Crazy money for a club like Parma, I feel. Must be also the reason why I'm getting a small budget despite getting into Europe :mad::lol:

Fun challenge, though!

10 minutes ago, quee said:

Reveal hidden contents

900111856_Screenshot2020-04-0714_15_24.thumb.png.d7f3801f29068f87d9cc12e1ef61cc57.png

This helped me decide, though :D Justified enough not to spend £6 just to fix one tiny thing in the game.

Wow! I can't believe how much better a coach he is for you. It's strange to see there can be that much variance, especially considering our two examples were different but equally atrocious. Happy for you.

2 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Bologna is absolutely nice. Some talents and the owner has even a team in the MLS then it's a nice project :) 
Plus they have in mind to restore the stadium and it seems it will be really beautiful:

Wow, loving those window panels on the stadium's walls! Reminded me of the Colosseum.

4 minutes ago, Weston said:

Wow! I can't believe how much better a coach he is for you. It's strange to see there can be that much variance, especially considering our two examples were different but equally atrocious. Happy for you.

I think the National License they started with could be a factor? Bruno Alves also just got his staff attributes and he's nowhere near Buffon's. Must be random.

Thank you! Compensated a bit for him retiring early :D

Edited by quee

This is my first time posting a recap like this - hopefully some of you find it interesting! I've chosen Bari as my 100% Italian maternal grandmother's family is half from a small town outside the southern city. I recently claimed Italian citizenship through this ancestral bloodline, so my manager man is accurately dual national. (My paternal grandfather is 100% from a town right next to where Paganese is based, but they would've taken far too much work to salvage.)

Starting in Serie C/C, I disabled the first transfer window to make it more realistic and difficult. In my first season I narrowly failed to secure promotion for the first time since I started playing lower leagues years ago. I was humiliated in the playoffs by Viterbese, who ended up going all the way. Life got very busy outside of FM, so I decided to give up after just one season. Or so I thought...

image.thumb.png.62023a909de5d4dc738fde9b482f40ff.png

Then a pandemic hit! So now I have a lot more free time. I jumped back in a few months later, sold a lot of dead weight, and brought in a lot of loans. Cleaned up the league in record-breaking, undefeated style. I also won the Coppa Italian Serie C, the Serie C/C Supercup, as well as Manager of the Year. I also had a bit of a Cinderella run in the Coppa Italia, beating a Serie B club and two Serie A clubs before getting absolutely demolished by Juve in the quarterfinals. Shockingly, my parent club Napoli stole the Scudetto from my beloved Juve this year.

image.thumb.png.1dee00342310c879580ad6e3c198c9ef.png

Broke more records as I swept Serie B at the first time of asking with another squad almost entirely built on loans, with many of the same young players returning from before. Probably on course for another Manager of the Year award considering our set objective was merely avoiding relegation. With two matches left above me, Napoli have all but mathematically secured their second consecutive Scudetto with Juve once again in 2nd. The bitter side of me is happy to see Viterbese slip back to C after stealing my ticket out two years ago.

image.thumb.png.7755c7cbf13625f5598643d3408e895e.png

What will my first season in Serie A hold? The only managerial vacancy in the league is Inter, which I would never apply for even if I wanted to, out of principle. I plan to do at least one year in Serie A with Bari to cement their position in the league before I start aiming for the climb to Juve somehow. In the last 3 editions of FM I've started with Serie C or Serie D clubs with the aim to end up at Juve, and all 3 times I ended up with my applications rejected before ending Juve's reign with Milan instead...

I've already renewed a lot of the loaned players for another season, with some going on their 4th with my club. One new outright signing I'm particularly excited about is the below newgen I found myself, signed in January and loaned back to his Belgian club for the remainder of the season. He's taken the months since then to learn Italian, something I've still failed to use this time to master myself...

image.thumb.png.c4c8456fa0e27799011a41af7ecad0c4.png

Edited by Weston

Nice update @Weston!

Any real players that you found useful below Serie A?

As part of Parma's club vision, I had to buy some players from the lower leagues. It made me interested to look for some and found quite a bit decent players.

3 minutes ago, quee said:

Nice update @Weston!

Any real players that you found useful below Serie A?

As part of Parma's club vision, I had to buy some players from the lower leagues. It made me interested to look for some and found quite a bit decent players.

Thanks! I didn't really sign very many players on full transfers, and almost all of those that I did were free agents. I signed Nocerino, Rajkovic, Squillace, and Mbaye at various points and they all were at Italian clubs below Serie A previous to their contracts ending, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend any of them to you in Serie A.

I've actually been disappointed and surprised by the lack of quality in free agents across the board. I wonder why that is. Have you experienced this as well? There just aren't a lot of good unattached players available who are interested. The only transfer fees I've paid so far are for two young Belgians, though I've signed a lot of Napoli players on frees, apparently as part of our affiliation.

Had to be because of reputation of Bari and since most "good" players in lower leagues came from Serie A loan players anyway, so when they left on a free, they are still leaving higher reputation clubs. That would be my understanding anyway.

For Parma, with the interested transfer selected, free agents would go from 300+ available (With conditions included, if not would be in thousands) to 30+ players that would sign for me.

Italy has so many teams that are a fun play - I think because I tend towards picking up youngsters and developing them and there are always so many quality young Italians. Esposito has been fantastic for me in my latest save, although went off the boil slightly after picking up a dodgy ppm from mentoring.

The opposition do make longer term saves uninteresting though - I find myself longing for the days of Conte at Juventus, possibly the last competent AI manager (with a squad good enough to back it up).

Latest save as Sampdoria has netted me my first invincible season of FM20 in season 2. Got knocked out of the CL group stage because I arrogantly thought I could play my reserves against Club Brugge but did then go on to win the Europa - for what that's worth. Interesting season overall, my team were very hard to break down but not particularly free scoring - which is unusual for me in FM. Sadly I doubt I'll continue the save, nothing much interesting to do, the AI won't come back at me in the league so it would just be a case of improving my squad so that I can take the CL while consolidating league position.

Samp_S1_Table.jpg

Samp_S2Table.jpg

Esposito_Record.jpg

Samp_tactics.jpg

Samp_Europa_Final.jpg

That's a huge part of the problem though, isn't it? The transfer market is so easy to dip in to, selling poor players who are in form for high value and buying high potential youngsters on the cheap - the only way you can make it harder is essentially to role play as somebody stupid.

1 minute ago, Stackalee said:

That's a huge part of the problem though, isn't it? The transfer market is so easy to dip in to, selling poor players who are in form for high value and buying high potential youngsters on the cheap - the only way you can make it harder is essentially to role play as somebody stupid.

If abusing the game is smart, then carry on. Just don't complained it gets boring when you did all those transfers in TWO seasons!

At the end of the day, we play FM to have fun. So, each to their own.  Just don't go on boasting about easy titles then saying it's boring in the same sentence. It's like telling the internet you're undefeated, but oh wait, you save scummed your way the whole season :lol:

It's hardly abuse though is it? When you get £25m offers for the likes of Jakub Jankto purely because player value massively jumps with trophy wins what should you do, stick by him because he's your man and you've formed a strong emotional bond with him? Or sell him because that's huge money for an average player. Equally what do you do when you have that money - not spend it? As I said, you essentially need to RP as somebody stupid to remove this element.

It's not boasting, everybody wins titles in FM20 all the time, because it's easy. I was quite pleased with invincible though as that is not easy in my opinion - I came 1 game short in another save. You're right though I do play FM for fun, which is why I advocate improvements to the AI based on how easy it currently is.

As for save scumming I probably shouldn't justify that with a response as it's a pretty sad accusation which I'm not convinced I've done anything to warrant - but I've saved a total of 35 times in 41 hours played on this save, which if nothing else makes that tremendously unlikely.

Samp_save.png

3 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Equally what do you do when you have that money - not spend it?

Go on, show everybody then how you managed to turn £25m and other transfers into buying and affording all those players in 2 seasons at Sampdoria? Should be a masterclass! Cannot wait!

You talked about role playing, on a game like FM where you pretend to be a manager of a football club.. Everyone must be stupid then according to your logic :D

As I said, to each their own. Carry on whatever you're doing as long as you're happy. If others called you out on it, don't be defensive. Win titles all the time? Definitely, over time it is worthwhile and beautiful. The reason why people loved this game.

In first season? Look, if you're Juve or Inter, sure, "easy".

There's a reason why those who abused the game never find it enjoyable and easily bored, then ranted online that the game is not good enough but finding time to show everyone their "easy" achievement, just because. :lol:

31 minutes ago, quee said:

Go on, show everybody then how you managed to turn £25m and other transfers into buying and affording all those players in 2 seasons at Sampdoria? Should be a masterclass! Cannot wait!

You talked about role playing, on a game like FM where you pretend to be a manager of a football club.. Everyone must be stupid then according to your logic :D

As I said, to each their own. Carry on whatever you're doing as long as you're happy. If others called you out on it, don't be defensive. Win titles all the time? Definitely, over time it is worthwhile and beautiful. The reason why people loved this game.

In first season? Look, if you're Juve or Inter, sure, "easy".

There's a reason why those who abused the game never find it enjoyable and easily bored, then ranted online that the game is not good enough but finding time to show everyone their "easy" achievement, just because. :lol:

Are you a game dev? I've no idea why you're taking my statement that FM20 is too easy as a personal attack and I'm sorry if that has somehow offended you. I don't think I'm alone in having this belief though and I feel that the AI and in particular it's transfer activity are notoriously poor so I'm not sure I see where you're coming from with the suggestion that they aren't.

I'm not sure what you mean by called me out? You've suggested that using the transfer market is abusing the game and accused me of save scumming? That isn't so much calling me out as a bizarre defence of the game followed by an unsolicited personal attack, lol.

I've not ranted at all - I made an off the cuff remark at the end of my post stating my opinion that I think FM in it's current state is too easy and could use improvements to the AI, which again I do not think is an outrageous or new statement. Winning the league first season with Sampdoria isn't a brag and unrelated to this, but evidence in favour of the argument that the AI should be improved. After winning the league with a bang average team it is and was possible to sell: Jankto (25m), Gabbiadini (15m), Linetty (15m), Vieira (30m) as well as a bunch of peripheral players for ~5m each and replace them with teenagers who are already better players than them.

I'll concede that there is a cynicism to that transfer activity but it is enabled/facilitated by the poorness of the AI. It should not be possible for me to bid uncontested for my pick of Europe's teenage talent - where were Juventus when I was bidding for Tonali, for example? To get him as Sampdoria should be difficult, I should have to offer him huge wages and a starting spot to fend off the advances of superior teams, not just go through the motions of making some dirty cash selling players I never wanted. Further, I would say that young players are probably too highly rated and develop too quickly and easily - Armini for example slots right in to the first team at 18 (having transferred for 1.8m) and within 2 years is one of the better defenders around.

I still enjoy playing the game and I enjoy developing youth players but surely you can see that once you become seemingly unstoppable with them it loses appeal? This is why I still buy FM but yes, I do find longer term saves difficult to enjoy - because dominance is too easy to achieve.

6 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

I made an off the cuff remark at the end of my post stating my opinion that I think FM in it's current state is too easy and could use improvements to the AI

Before calling everyone else stupid for playing the game normally. And you wondered why people shouldn't get offended.

Get a grip, off the cuff remark.

8 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

a bunch of peripheral players for ~5m each

As I said, Transfer guru! Masterclass :applause:

9 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

surely you can see that once you become seemingly unstoppable with them it loses appeal?

Only if you're abusing the game.

10 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

because dominance is too easy to achieve.

Sure, only if you're abusing the game.

What are you even on about? Honestly your posting is so vitriolic and rabid I genuinely don't understand you. What about selling the likes of Omar Colley for around 5m offends you?

And I didn't call anybody stupid, I said it would be stupid not to make use of transfers, which given what a huge part of football and FM they are I stand by.

Edited by Stackalee

4 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

I genuinely don't understand you

Seems to me you don't understand a lot of things :lol:

Guess this must be the part where you're role-playing as someone stupid but trying out big words? :D

Done replying to you. :Bowen:

Let's get back to playing FM in Italy everyone! We are not stupid! Let's play normally and however we want :D

Nice, willing to attack a person but never actually respond to points made - showing real class.

This dude's trolling aside - does anybody know why Donnarumma would dislike Sampdoria particularly? He's transfer listed by Milan but wouldn't even discuss terms with me.

8 hours ago, Weston said:

I signed Nocerino, Rajkovic, Squillace, and Mbaye at various points and they all were at Italian clubs below Serie A

I signed Mbaye in my Auxerre save. Good player who played numerous positions in midfield for me. 

15 hours ago, quee said:

Yes, Milan should be fun as you said, some rebuilding needed.

Any youth prospects you're planning to develop? How is Maldini? Any chance he can turn out decent?

There’s quite a few talented youngsters which I’m keen to develop. 

Here’s the main ones who I think can make the cut in a few years. 

Unuvar (AMC) - picked up from Ajax  

Brescianini (MC)

Colombo (ST)

Unfortunately Maldini isn’t that great a prospect.

981479697_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.3e51a5fd42cb144240f2685a3f81cb23.png

Fourth update. Just a quick rundown of End of Season Awards and Review, before proceeding to the summer months.

Let's hope we can ALL sell ALL of our fringe players for £5m upwards :lol:, until then took me a while to decide on the Buffon situation and what to do next.

Parma's End of Season Awards

Spoiler

961698223_Screenshot2020-04-0713_43_55.thumb.png.7827170faaeba89eb8cd9c3e502a2569.png

As the only signing, no surprise there. Delighted with Pezzella!

Commercial Summary

Spoiler

981493865_Screenshot2020-04-0713_54_46.thumb.png.ce6b12a60403edb82ba406bc4bb57d71.png

Parma's 2019/2020 Serie A Season Review

Spoiler

1277712578_Screenshot2020-04-0713_46_32.thumb.png.44e74c59eeb80eb4e5c86af7c10e743b.png

Serie A Player of The Season

Spoiler

866778465_Screenshot2020-04-0519_54_42.thumb.png.d089a71688e5eaf6db8419ba0387a8ef.png

Serie A Awards Winners

Spoiler

860707486_Screenshot2020-04-0621_01_51.thumb.png.93e1f65aef1591b9611898d083e04fde.png

Serie A Top Goalscorers

Spoiler

1382110318_Screenshot2020-04-0820_42_53.thumb.png.0af77037488315018bef69c19dd8cf89.png

Serie A Team of The Season

Spoiler

163318180_Screenshot2020-04-0520_02_45.thumb.png.7bdfa4db5130bae229047732fb58d2da.png

Some of the Lazio players, at least, should have been included!

Serie A Review

Spoiler

15844952_Screenshot2020-04-0715_36_06.thumb.png.a56c38c769b0a943da906cc8173527e3.png

Coppa Italia Review

Spoiler

1442672173_Screenshot2020-04-0513_53_58.thumb.png.af35d2eaeff17de324f5a98e7a868232.png

What to expect in July onwards?

Spoiler

2032819229_Screenshot2020-04-0713_55_06.thumb.png.c78578625719211dc848ddb633ba9b0a.png

Spoiler

468562252_Screenshot2020-04-0714_38_42.thumb.png.12c95552587b4b08e91b7d147b759689.png

Spoiler

883838837_Screenshot2020-04-0715_09_55.thumb.png.2299146611bee77ad6eecffc4e692e25.png

Spoiler

1220947470_Screenshot2020-04-0715_54_26.thumb.png.8e3b1c3ea87cb59e9524e0e9e24e852d.png

7 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

Unuvar (AMC) - picked up from Ajax  

Brescianini (MC)

Colombo (ST)

Only familiar with Unuvar. The other 2 are Milan's product?

7 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

Unfortunately Maldini isn’t that great a prospect.

Sad to hear this :( Was thinking if I should try to sign him for Parma :D My scouts are role-playing 'stupid', they haven't scouted him yet in my game :lol:

Edited by quee

4 minutes ago, cmason84 said:

@quee suggested that I put my AC Milan save into here for you guys to read it in case you've not come across it in the FM CU page. You can read about the save (and an old Reggina save) here.
I hope you enjoy your reading and the different approach I've taken.
https://afmoldtimer.home.blog/

The image gives you a good idea of what I've tried to do in this save write-up.

AC Milan - Season 1 - Winter Transfer Window update

As far as transfer windows go, I'd planned a relatively quiet one. Best laid plans and all that....

As mentioned in my previous update, Bonaventura left for Guangzhou for £9.5m and Juan Quintero joined from River Plate for £5m - which COULD be a bargain if i can getting playing as good as his stats suggest.

I thought that would be it - at least that's all I had planned until Al-Gharafa placed a £1.1m bid for Lucas Biglia - my back up DLP, who is 34 years old and on £105k per week. I jumped at the opportunity to let him go as i'd need those wages elsewhere. As his replacement I planned on raiding River Plate again, this time for veteran Enzo Perez.

After some bartering we agreed a £3m fee for the 33 year old, which i thought was fine for a solid back up / potential starter who would add some experience and leadership to the relatively youthful team. I decided to leave the contract negotiations to my Director of Football.... who proceeded to screw the deal up so badly that Perez refused to even speak to speak to me again!

Begovic, my on-loan back up Goalkeeper requested to terminate his loan, which I granted and picked up Guido Guerrieri from Lazio, also on loan, as his replacement.

Deadline Day:

Out of the blue came three bids from Ligue 1 teams for back up Wing-back Diego Laxalt, all three were over his valuation price so I accepted them all and he chose to join Olympique Marseille for £11m.

I didn't have anyone on my radar to replace him, and with Theo Hernandez cemented in as my starter, i picked up Alphonso Davis on loan with an option purchase fee at the end of the season. I'd purchased Davis in my Rennes save when FM20 first came out and he was a winger, so he seems to have been amended to a wing-back in the latest update(s).

With the Enzo Perez saga still playing on my mind i decided to try one more time and FINALLY he agreed to re-open contract discussions and we finally struck a deal with only a few hours left.

Transfer Window Financial Round Up:

Players Sold: £21.6m

Players Purchased: £8m

Profit = £13.6m

Injuries, damn injuries:

In the days after the transfer window bolted shut I had a glut of injuries, including starting centre-back Mateo Musacchio who has damaged his cruciate ligaments and will miss 6-9 months. Will be an interesting couple of months whilst I wait for players to get fit again. Fingers crossed I can maintain the form in the run up to the winter break.

BCF7EF82-B28F-4F54-B19C-6FC219F65013.png

FB442A7C-C2A3-4CF7-B597-7B448F288A66.png

Edited by Matt_1979