[FM19] From Witness Protection to Delicious Redemption- Fabian Schulz's Nordic Journey (Redux)

oriole01

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Image result for threaten gif

Apologies for that guy. Here's a peace offering:
Image result for brondby wallpaper

2 hours ago, Benjoe said:

This thread looks intriguing @oriole01! Whenever I have the time to read a bit I'll be sure to check in!

Cheers Benjoe! I think when you get to that you'll find that Greenland is quite a crazy place to manage in. It might be quite some time before I get to the mainland indeed!

NAG2016.thumb.jpg.c373d7ecef2182a9979cb9dcf8392ddc.jpg
Nagtoralik-45
2022 Coca-Cola GM Slutrunden

b85b5f9049287122d9e0e46fead80cef.png
We didn't do too badly, it would seem. We got a late winner to down Tasiilaq, dropped a close one against Kugsak, and then put in a great shift to beat Kuummiut 4-1. That meant a lot rested on what might have been our final match against our archenemies Siuteroq, a win enough to secure passage to the semi finals, anything else leaving it up to chance. I'm just going to let this screenshot speak for itself:
33a892b0e1f30052b10cc7725e9a2ed1.png
The bonkers insane match to rule all the bonkers insane matches we've had here, this was an utter epic that showed both our tremendous resilience and our tremendous stupidity, as both of Geo Skov's goals came from unconscionable blunders by our defenders, leaving us in a 3-1 hole at the half that we overcame, then fell back into, then overcame once more, all in the face of one of our men getting sent off. I couldn't believe it when Svane's goal- his first ever for the club after three years- went in. It was yet another reminder that anything is possible in Greenland, positive or negative. The hard-earned draw meant our fate was out of our hands on the final day of games, our four fixtures already fulfilled. I needed either Siuteroq to drop points in their game against Tasiilaq or a draw in the Kugsak-Kuummiut fixture. Surely, after a performance of this magnitude in our last game, Greenland would reward us, right?

620006d93cce389b54fb7ea4eff68f26.png

d9e0725e23de856958ae5062121ed2f2.png

Wrong. The bastards pipped us by a single ****ing goal to the semi finals. I hate Siuteroq-43 with every fiber of my ****ing being, and that's something I'm willing to get tattooed on myself. Thanks to them, a fifth season in Greenland is now required, and it'll be one in which we must destroy them once and for all.

7d6c5ada4cb02157bd8149fa23f3928e.png
And worse yet, they're the champions again. Excuse me while I go vomit and try as hard as I possibly can to forget about this season.
1750287095_greendivider.thumb.png.a7f4986a7d24ebb27f9ebb8a41f4dab5.png
Our fourth season has now come to a close.
0b976894ae29e3e6113e6af517e1b8ed.png
Espersen just edged our marauding right back Mathiesen in the vote for PotS, which I'll agree with, as he really stepped into his role as a creative midfielder this season and racked up healthy tallies in both goals and assists. Our keeper Aabech took third, as he continues to be a key player for us at the rear.

3f9293982c5e010417021df317e7020e.png
Lyberth and Dennis Lind came up big in the scoring department, whilst Jørgenson and Hansen took steps back and Oliver Lind was a complete bust, not even making the bench and failing to score a single goal. We certainly missed Kjeld Frederiksen this term, but thankfully he'll be fit again by next pre-season. I just hope he's the same player he was before the injury. I'm really ****ing praying for it, actually.

41813e4d3af85810ec01393a88097c1d.png
We slightly regressed this season for well-documented reasons, but I have a feeling that won't happen again next time. Please, for the love of god, be an accurate one.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

"The Frozen Locomotive"
Image result for polar express
Faroe Islands
(47th in UEFA Coefficient)

Image result for faroe islands flag
e81f1683bb840a3a1b1fd8bbdce5816c.png
HB took their first Faroese title on the save, with KÍ again finishing 2nd.
Løgmanssteypid Winners:
KÍ Klaksvík

Iceland
(38th in UEFA Coefficient)

Image result for iceland flag
af2aaea61932ccbbeeca900677cd7cb5.png
KR became the second new winner in a row on the save, finishing well ahead of runners-up Keflavik. Holders Breidablik made a poor defense, finishing in 5th.
Bikar Karla Winners:
Valur Reykjavik

Finland
(31st in UEFA Coefficient)

Image result for finland flag
fd2a07dc136ca99d47aae19b3cd64348.png
HJK strolled to the title, tying them with KuPS at two titles apiece on the save.
Suomen Cup Winners:
HJK

Norway
(21st in UEFA Coefficient)
Related image
Image result for norway flag
e4140c37e6aa1a5e4be4f3260356d9e9.png
Rosenborg wasted no time in returning to the top of Norwegian football, and they faced absolutely no resistance in doing so.
Braathens Cup Winners:
Rosenborg BK

Sweden
(20th in UEFA Coefficient)
Image result for green up arrow
Flag of Sweden.svg
77acece8b9fcb416473284b44ad085b8.png
Malmö stopped Norrköping's title streak at two, comfortably winning their second title on the save to go even with them. Östersunds achieved their highest-ever finish of 3rd, and Norrköping dropped to 5th.
Svenska Cupen Winners:
Malmö FF

Denmark
(14th in UEFA Coefficient)

Image result for denmark flag
413ffed58b482270c7df91f379cd12fb.png
Yawn.
DBU Pokalen Winners:
Aalborg
At least they didn't get the double again.

Nagtoralik-45
2023 Pre-Season

c85f063c3e0b3073509d111099f1d088.png
Same predicted placing, same predicted odds.

Transfers
981747bff098b55e19b5738b5c5b07b8.png
Quite surprisingly, the only transfer to discuss is an outgoing, and it wasn't one I had anything to do with. Though I receive dozens of offers each season for my players, they have always categorically rejected contracts with other clubs. Patrick Frederiksen, a winger who we signed back in the first season, has broken that trend. Patrick was mildly unsettled over a lack of playing time towards the end of last season, and as he wasn't someone I felt had no place at the club, I gave him some games and he was our best player in them, scoring three goals in as many appearances. However, I guess since the season ended before I could truly satisfy his demand for playing time, he was still unsettled enough that he left for B-67 while I was holidaying to the start of the new season. I'm disappointed that he's gone, but it appears he isn't totally disgusted with the club and there's the possibility I could resign him if I need another wing option, but with the return of Kjeld Frederiksen, I'm thinking we have enough at that position to challenge for the title without him. We'll see where we are when the June window comes. I haven't made the move to bring anyone in yet, though there's the possibility I will during the last week of the window.

3db7a57ed154f3bb3a53beb588f0d151.png
Three games against our U19s this time, and all three resulted in wins.

Please let me out.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

Nagtoralik-45
2023 GBU Indendørs Qualifying, Part 1
Transfers

cb770a66d160998b452f5dbbf36fde77.png
I did end up making moves to bring in two new players, including our first foreign player, which I didn't know was possible in Greenland prior to now. Petersen is yet another player we've taken off B-67, who we've signed eight players from over the years and only just had one of our players taken by them in return. He's an experienced but still relatively young center back who captains the Greenlandic national side and will be in contention for a starting place alongside Morten Martinusen and his former B-67 teammate Sebastian Andersen. My discovery of Swedish-Turkish youngster Kaya was a total fluke, as I saw on the deadline day ticker that he'd been released from a fourth-tier Swedish side, and much to my surprise, he was willing to sign for us when I clicked on the "contract offer" button. I went in totally blind for him, as we can't scout outside of the country, but thankfully he's turned out to be a decent striker for this level, and despite having plenty of them already, I figured I'd take a chance considering Sweden's youth rating and our amateur status. He looks to be a rotation option this season, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for other foreigners that might want to continue their footballing journey up here in no man's land.
Nikki Petersen|Yilmaz Kaya
f6391be49e912638774790092f484de2.png
Well, the way we started the season was cause for optimism, but it quickly erased by dreadful performances in our first two games of April. The beautiful attacking football we played against Eqaluk, Narsaq, and Kissaviarsuk disappeared against Siuteroq (of course it had to be against them :rolleyes:), where we were lucky to get to penalties and did absolutely nothing of note once we got there. Even worse, we failed to score in our second game against Eqaluk, which has me asking serious questions about how I can possibly win a title with this sort of inconsistency still happening.
f924375f6017dcbc7e4baf0794a25fc4.png
The loss to Eqaluk sees us relinquish top spot to them and our goal difference sink below theirs. Siuteroq haven't been as good as usual, but they still have bragging rights over us for the moment being, and I'm pretty sure they'll be back on track soon.

I hope we perform like we did in March in the second half, or Fabian might actually jump off that glacier.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

On 24/06/2019 at 12:24, Rikulec said:

I didn't think someone would still remember that save. :D Good luck!

I've actually just read through the whole thread. And I'm starting my own Scandian journey man save. You should go back to it.

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I've actually just read through the whole thread. And I'm starting my own Scandian journey man save. You should go back to it.

That's amazing to hear. I actually still have both that save (it's in 2060-ish now) and FM16... maybe one day.

Nagtoralik-45
2023 GBU Indendørs Qualifying, Part 2
3382429f1e4f289acf6599bf35846916.png
Dreadful. This is quite worrying.

bc24d2ade779d2d3a13ed1716d606f4d.png
This is the worst we've ever performed in this competition. Thankfully, we don't have to win it. Eqaluk go through to the finals on goal difference.

641ebba889e7efb9ed69b7a205229e06.png
Where they've become unlikely indoor champions, edging a Kuummiut side who have made the final of this competition four out of the five years, but only won once.

I have no confidence whatsoever for the outdoor portion of the season. It'll be up to the game to surprise me in a positive way this time.

5 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Just read through this thread, love a good journey man save, keep it up but please get out Greenland soon, that cup name is well annoying. Where do you want to go next?

Cheers Matt. I'm trying my hardest to leave Greenland, but Greenland just seems to have other ideas at the moment. According to the rules of the thread, my next stop (should I ever get there) will be the Faroe Islands.

3 hours ago, Rikulec said:

That's amazing to hear. I actually still have both that save (it's in 2060-ish now) and FM16... maybe one day.

Image result for do it gif

Nagtoralik-45
2023 Coca-Cola GM Qualification
Transfers

6987ebbb1931fd0e17cda946b72fbab9.png
We brought in two players in the June window, one of them a very familiar face. Jørgensen is a promising young midfielder who I've brought in from NUK IL to provide competition and cover for Ulrik Espersen at AP. I said I'd wait and see where we were in June in regards to bringing back Frederiksen to Paamiut, so with our poor performance in the indoor qualifiers in mind, I decided to go for it, and I'm glad to have the winger back under our wing. He's scored a goal every other game for B-67 this season, so hopefully he can continue that sort of form here as we look to recover our form and challenge for the title.

Jesper Jørgensen|Patrick Frederiksen
255ba1b7dd0ed7200ecfca4abb87fc6c.png
To my relief, we did much better outside. We did lose our first game to Siuteroq, but it was another valiant effort with a man down against them that we certainly could have got something from, but their quality and our man disadvantage became evident in the final stages of the match and a 3-2 lead turned into a 3-4 defeat. We almost failed to recover against Narsaq, as the game was level until very late on, with Kjeld Frederiksen belting in a free kick to give us the lead and Yilmaz Kaya's first Nagtoralik goal putting some padding on an otherwise underwhelming performance. We ****housed our way to a narrow win against Eqaluk away, then held a draw to Kissaviarsuk again with a man disadvantage. Needing a win against Kalak to qualify, we delivered in a confident performance, something we haven't had a sniff of since the earliest stages of this season.
e6778d1fd1e6dfd302df6fd5301648b7.png
Again we finished top of the group, but the most notable thing here is defending champions Siuteroq failing to qualify, meaning it's the first time they've missed an outdoor finals on the save. Kissaviarsuk will instead join us in the Slutrunden, which I certainly think increases our chances of doing well there.

Slutrunden Draw
e16b10efaae6a26f17940dcc8b10793c.png
I think we've got the harder draw than our southern brothers, however. Although we've avoided Nagdlunguaq, we've been dealt two tricky fixtures in 13-time national champions B-67 and northern regulars Malamuk, who beat us at this stage three years ago. We'll also have to contend with easterners Kuummiut and Ukaliatsiaq, though I fancy our chances against both of them. Rounding out Group A are northerners Eqaluk-56, Midtgrønland underdogs Kagssagssuk, and Disko Bay newcomers Tupilakken.

Our upturn in form gives me some hope, but I still think we'll need a lot of luck to get out of Greenland this season. Greenland does seem to have a lot of luck to give, though...
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

Nagtoralik-45
2023 Coca-Cola GM Slutrunden

4c1d5bb4c00e5a9f5fc027d934e7cade.png
Two wins, two losses. We had two brilliant games at home but couldn't get the job done away, as Ukaliatsiaq prevailed over us in a seven-goal thriller and Malamuk took advantage of a poor second half to beat us on the last day. I wasn't expecting to beat B-67, but we won and won comprehensively after a great opening 15 minutes. We also beat Kuummiut for a second season running, and they never looked like hurting us on a great day for the Frederiksens on opposite wings. Six points was enough to qualify from the Slutrunden two years ago, would it be enough this time?

26b31b8de9e6412d74d0b67287be8775.png
Indeed it was, by the slimmest of margins. Ukaliatsiaq **** the bed after winning their first two games, their loss on the last day ensuring we had a better goal difference than them and sending us through along with Kuummiut, whose only loss came to us. B-67 disappointed on the national stage again, leading them to sack their manager. Going through in the other group are perennial favorites Nagdlunguaq and our southern brethren Kissaviarsuk, whose sole win on the final day vaulted them above Eqaluk-56 and Tupilakken. It's not the strongest semi final field, but as we finished second in our group, that means we get...
063a6e6e4b7a135c8551a357b7187837.png
The toughest of the lot. Nagdlunguaq have beaten us twice in our two meetings on the save, albeit by one goal each time. That doesn't inspire the greatest confidence, but at least we'll be meeting them at a neutral site with no injuries or suspensions to hold us back. We'll see what we can do.

Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

Nagtoralik-45
2023 Coca-Cola GM Semi Final

5cf964de184777e704c181dd96759aca.png
Well, that sucks. This is probably the best we've ever played against Nagdlunguaq, going near even with them in both shots and possession, but we still came up short. We set out with counter tactics to start the match, but we couldn't get out on the counter at all, resulting in us being penned in by the opposition in the first half, which culminated in their first goal, a header straight from a corner on the stroke of half time. We returned from the break determined to attack, and we got our reward on 53', a well-worked counter finding Isak Lyberth, whose first shot hit the post but his second eased into the back of the net for 1-1. Unfortunately, we couldn't hold the draw, as a very questionable penalty call on 65' resulted in Nick Reimer accurately tucking the finish away in the bottom-left corner. Though we kept pushing, we couldn't find another goal, and we sank to another defeat and with it, confirmation of yet another season in Greenland. Sigh.

b5c5fc15f935b1d51e1a5353c926501f.png
And quite surprisingly, it's the team I beat comfortably in the Slutrunden lifting the outdoor trophy. Kuummiut and Nagdlunguaq have become quite a pair of rivals, facing off in the indoor finals in 2021 and 2022 and now have met for the first time in the outdoor finals. Kuummiut have now won two of the three meetings, which means Nagdlunguaq will be looking to even the score should they meet in a final again. Kuummiut are now 2-3 in finals, whilst Nagdlunguaq slip to 2-4.
Our fifth season has wrapped up.
34e5bcd558af569868946c266dfc7e61.png
Aabech was voted our player of the season, but my player of the season didn't even make the top three. DM Steffen Nielsen was our best performer this season with a 7.16 average rating, though frequent suspensions reduced his playing time below that of most of his teammates.
e949dc6375998526a7591d6322ad7afd.png
Lyberth continues to be a massive player for us, scoring almost twice as much as his closest competitor. I was happy to see Kjeld Frederiksen return healthy to the first team, but his goal tally of six isn't at the level it was before his injury. Dennis Lind had a much better season this time, and I expect his role in the team to continue to grow in importance.

1b567f060c9288084c9828950d36f4c0.png
I know that we're close to lifting the Grønlandsmesterskabet, we just need a bit more luck one of these times. I hope it's next season, but at this point, I think I'm just along for the ride.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

15 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Let's Go and win this thing. Greenland is interesting but becoming tiresome. Time to move to the BIG LEAGUES like Faroe Islands LOL!

Sorry mate, the Faroes will have to wait a bit longer :(

With so many challenges like this on the forums you tend to see people winning cups / leagues within first couple of seasons and moving on, but you just seem really unlucky mate. Hope this season you get that pissing cup won!

14 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

With so many challenges like this on the forums you tend to see people winning cups / leagues within first couple of seasons and moving on, but you just seem really unlucky mate. Hope this season you get that pissing cup won!

Cheers Matt, we just can't get the luck to swing our way in the big games. As soon as it does swing our way, we'll be out of here.

8 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Ok, this is getting depressing. Seems like you might be in Greenland forever 

I sure hope that isn't the case!

"The Frozen Locomotive"
Faroe Islands
(49th in UEFA Coefficient)

f632221c3cb0090c0b63f6139514137b.png
KÍ have won their second title on the save, whilst HB made a very poor title defense, finishing down in 6th.
Løgmanssteypid Winners:
B36 Tórshavn

Iceland
(35th in UEFA Coefficient)

94ac4100be8d744038b6deb41573a6ff.png
Valur return to the top after two years away, as underdogs Vikingur come second again.
Bikar Karla Winners:
ÍBK Keflavík

Finland
(30th in UEFA Coefficient)

fa02e27d48c19f99fab628b91aec8551.png
Honka Espoo, using a core of Brazilian regens, have romped to a shocking title win, the first in the club's history.
Suomen Cup Winners:
SJK

Norway
(20th in UEFA Coefficient)

ac7e6d4cf62b3bef0f7bad632d457880.png
Rosenborg again.
Braathens Cup Winners:
IK Start

Denmark
(14th in UEFA Coefficient)
Related image
0c16397c7e06d3e41111e90ea5c84516.png
FCK off...
DBU Pokalen Winners:
FC København

Sweden
(13th in UEFA Coefficient)
Flag of Sweden.svg
71e44e9024aef89a45ba21291b311d65.png
AIK claim their first title on the save, finishing above the previously dominant duo of Malmö and Norrköping. After finishing third last season, Östersunds had an abysmal season and went down stone last.
Svenska Cupen Winners:
AIK

Nagtoralik-45
2024 Pre-Season

89cc0446ce130d1ae8c7c4aa59fe2250.png
We now have the best odds to win the league, and the board are expecting us to deliver a title this season. Surely we have no business failing now... right?

We've made no signings yet, but I am looking at options outside our youth system to replace DL Niels Svane and DC Mikkel Raarup Petersen, who both retired after last season.
288fc51efecc14d99acad3a2edffffac.png
Our U19s stood no chance. Oliver Lind is really trying to stake a claim for a first team place with that five-goal game, but with six strikers in the squad, I can't guarantee him one at the moment.

Can this be the year? Maybe. We'll just wait and see, as usual.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

Nagtoralik-45
2024 GBU Indendørs Qualifying, Part 1

365d8159851d017d5353bbff746509bf.png
We've started pretty darn well, though we were shaky against Kalak and Eqaluk and left it late to beat Siuteroq away. We were ruthless in attack against Narsaq and Kissaviarsuk at home, as both Lyberth and 16-year-old academy star Nicolaj Højgaard exploded for goals. A great start, but I still expect things to go wrong in the near future :lol:.

42952220588dd596384eee7e624aa3b5.png
Despite the perfect record, we're only three points ahead of defending indoor champions Eqaluk, and will need to continue to collect wins if we want to finish top of the group. Kissaviarsuk and Siuteroq have made slow starts, so I'm hoping they won't become a threat.
e2f43a3361c8bbebd50602eea8f16643.png
The first milestone has been reached. I certainly didn't expect this one would come while I was still in Greenland, but here we are.

Let's go out and secure qualification in the second half.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

Nagtoralik-45
2024 GBU Indendørs Qualifying, Part 2

788a906d7bdc061afb34d4ba23858bd9.png
We pushed our winning streak to seven with triumphs over Kalak and Eqaluk, but were brought back to Earth swiftly with a diabolical loss to perennial bottom-dwellers Narsaq and dropping a close one to Kissaviarsuk. Thankfully, we recovered on the last day to beat Siuteroq again and salvage some morale. Would eight wins from ten be enough to qualify this time?

f1afcb3d59da0f3cfc8eee000ddc1299.png
It was. We ended up securing qualification after the loss to Narsaq, as Eqaluk had lost as well and made the gap impossible to bridge. It was a great performance in qualifying over all, but the losses towards the end took some of the shine off it and leave me a bit worried for the knockout stages of this competition, where we'll face...
bc530bff41659dab436f200e503cc050.png
Eastern newcomers TM-62, who had previously failed to reach the finals of either competition in all five years we've been here. They're definitely the easiest draw we could get, as the other semi final will feature the winner of NUK IL/Malamuk against Kugsak. We absolutely have to defeat this side and reach the final... failure here is not an option. However, my record in semi finals, suspension/injury problems, and our general inconsistency have me quite aware of the possibility that we'll lose nonetheless. We'll just have to pray to RNGeebus, I suppose.

Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

Nagtoralik-45
2024 GBU Indendørs Semi Final

952aae5622f7eb4a5437e9c23afa5c7c.png
A scrappy, ugly win in Nuuk, but that doesn't matter one bit. The opening stages of the match were even and therefore quiet, until TM-62 broke the deadlock with a free kick goal on 28', which forced us to step up our game in attack. It worked in the second half, as our left back Anton Enoksen got the equalizer from a corner just four minutes after the restart, then substitute Dennis Lind found our winner on 79', poaching home a rebound from his own post-ricocheting shot. Things naturally got tense in the dying minutes as our opponents tried to find a way back in, but we shut them down and clinched our place in the final, where we'll face...

6f9b063e7ed2e24680fd7abf5b10467f.pngf48352e68db7afda18741547303c79f5.png
The toughest team we could've faced. The pride of Midtgrønland, NUK IL, have been on insane form this season, winning 15 of their 16 games so far and have beaten two strong sides to reach this point. It certainly doesn't help that these games are played in Nuuk, but I'm used to adversity by now. Needless to say, we'll have to pass a tough test if we want to lift our first trophy on this save. Winning this won't mean we get to leave Greenland just yet, but boy, will it feel good.

Let's get it.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

I think your cursed...

Better find a nice girl in Greenland and settle down since your destined to never leave.

Thankfully that was only the indoor final... didn't need to win it anyway. But to lose a match like that is heartbreaking nonetheless.

Nagtoralik-45
2024 Coca-Cola GM Qualifying

4ac1d4add0ade8004c0d95c76690ca1a.png
We kept the good form rolling into the outdoor games, collecting three 2-1 wins over Siuteroq, Narsaq, and Kissaviarsuk and holding draws with Eqaluk and Kalak to go unbeaten in the group. The performances weren't the most convincing, as we went behind in two of our three wins, but I'm not concerned with how we win at this point, just that we do what we need to do.

cd2332cb22e660635d2241ae052bee15.png 
The win over Kissaviarsuk guaranteed qualification, as we again finish top of the southern group. I'm delighted not to have to face off with Siuteroq in the finals, as they had a poor showing, with Eqaluk joining us instead.

Slutrunden Draw
4d8e54267bc002f51b30a3508553e45f.png
This has to be the weakest Slutrunden field yet, and we avoid the only other powerhouse in NUK IL in the group stage. We'll be facing Eqaluk again, northerners Malamuk, who beat us last year but have a weaker side, Midtgrønland side Sisimiut, and Disko Bay upstarts Tupilakken. Rounding out Group A are Disko Bay newcomers Ippernaq, northern newcomers K'ingmek, defending champions Kuummiut, and easterners TM-62, who we beat in the indoor semi final. What's most significant about this stage is not who's in it, but who isn't. Nagdlunguaq shockingly failed to make it out of their Disko Bay group, making our path to victory clearer, though not totally obvious just yet.

I'm feeling pretty good about this for once. Let's hope my hope is justified.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

NAG2016.thumb.jpg.c373d7ecef2182a9979cb9dcf8392ddc.jpgImage result for uefa europa league
Nagtoralik-45
UEFA Europa League First Qualifying Round

So by virtue of our appearance in the semi final last season, we qualified for the Europa League. We haven't played in Europe since the first season, when we were destroyed 10-1 on aggregate by Hibernian. I was hoping for an easier draw this time, where we got...
f65d878d92b538de505f3f3bf9ae8c60.png
An opponent just as difficult, as both Hibs and Belorussian side Dinamo Minsk have 2.5* reputation. I'll just be happy to score a goal again.
f52ce71c4d0a0e144d3627ab166a118c.png
Well, I'm happy then. We were outclassed by Dinamo in the first leg, but Isak Lyberth's 16th goal of the season briefly saw us in with a shout in the tie, as it cut a 2-0 deficit to 2-1 and gave us an important away goal, but Dinamo responded with three more goals late in the second half to effectively put the tie to rest. Back home in Greenland, we created more chances than we did in Minsk, but failed to score this time in what could actually be considered a disappointing performance for us despite the much closer scoreline. All in all, we did better than we did against Hibs, so that's certainly a positive.

Hopefully next time I'm in Europe, it'll be with a club that actually has a chance of making some noise.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

6 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Until your the Dominant Club in Greenland, I wouldn't expect much from Champions League or Euro's.

Even though a good run could kickstart your domination of Greenland.

Come on mate, you should know by now I'm not staying another minute in Greenland beyond our first title! :lol:

Nagtoralik-45
2024 Coca-Cola GM Slutrunden

65a90d13d484b6c4764ab384f9745b53.png
We started poorly, but recovered well. We put in an absolutely shambolic attacking performance away at southern rivals Eqaluk, a controversial penalty in their favor consigning us to defeat. We responded brilliantly, however, with a massive 4-0 win over Tupilakken at home. We again had to come from behind to defeat Malamuk, a brilliant free kick just past the hour mark from Steffen Nielsen serving as the winner. With a point against Sisimiut likely enough to secure qualification in our last match, we took all three in a dramatic game that saw us go two up, lose that lead through two goals in as many minutes, then reclaim it late on through a Lyberth penalty. Lyberth continues to be an absolute machine for us up front, scoring consistently all year to bring his total up to 20 with potentially two more games still to play.

b4c4673bb05917c27b60fb485f64518d.png
We go through top of the group above Eqaluk, so there's a 50% chance the title comes to the south. NUK IL expectedly go through top of Group A alongside TM-62, who've really established themselves this season. As we finished first in our group and TM-62 finished second in theirs...

Semi Final Draw
7af4469fcd39e8bc3e50365600e9947c.png
They're who we'll face in a semi final for the second time this season. We beat them last time, and I'd expect that we do so again so we can (in all likelihood) earn a rematch with NUK on the biggest stage Greenland has to offer.

Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

That 6-6 then loss on penalties, wtf man, this thread is cursed. :(

Well, if it is indeed cursed, it's a curse I'm determined to break through any means necessary! I have a feeling this is our season, but of course anything's possible here.

11 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Well, if it is indeed cursed, it's a curse I'm determined to break through any means necessary! I have a feeling this is our season, but of course anything's possible here.

I sense a slow descend into the dark side for Fabian.

Nagtoralik-45
2024 Coca-Cola GM Semi Final

5443f1c41834a14b16fa94c623b9e20b.png
Yep, we're definitely cursed. The red card screwed us, and though we were able to get one goal back late on, we couldn't get another. It just sucks.

e491fc114450880799575dacec53fa6d.png
Eqaluk are the national champions, having shockingly eliminated NUK IL in the semi final and smacked TM-62 in the final. How they've managed to become champions before us is something I won't ever understand.
Our sixth season is done.
43ac4a9d6741eff6bb983384bd901025.png
Lyberth was our best player, absolutely no question about it. It's a crying shame we haven't repaid his enormous contributions with a trophy.
01011fa2bfabb911149b54ca67429bde.png
20 goals plus another in the Europa League... wow. It's the best season any player's had for us so far. Nicolaj Højgaard and Kjeld Frederiksen were also key contributors in the goalscoring department.
babae19c8e4915f215ff84e93ef95a35.pngacac982c7b5821ee08c88860c24310d2.png0374bbadb7bf0f9e9dc6f078ea745806.png
Plenty of awards, but without a title it all rings hollow.
32242072133aed81325568e3198d0ad2.png
When am I ever going to make that box turn green? I don't know, but I'll never give up.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

"The Frozen Locomotive"
Faroe Islands
(48th in UEFA Coefficient)

a90978c912b5d745dbefa190bfc89a73.png
Víkingur Gøta- the team I'd like to manage most in the Faroe Islands- have claimed their first title on the save, edging KÍ on goals scored.
Løgmanssteypid Winners:
KÍ Klaksvík

Iceland
(38th in UEFA Coefficient)

f0aa2aad95e35a20805c9905f36c2bb7.png
In shocking yet delightful news, my favorite Icelandic club Grindavík have won the Pepsi-deildin for the first time in their history! Congratulations!
Bikar Karla Winners:
KR Reykjavík

Finland
(29th in UEFA Coefficient)

7d0c9f39a8cb12af6b8cd4f9743e4cf0.png
HJK continue their pattern of winning the title every other year, cruising to this one by 12 points. Defending champions Honka Espoo made a complete u-turn, only avoiding relegation by virtue of winning a playoff.
Suomen Cup Winners:
HJK

Sweden
(19th in UEFA Coefficient)
Related image
Flag of Sweden.svg
3d651153f0c9df00519d0e53f94ed596.png
The Allsvenskan now has four different winners in its last four editions thanks to Djurgårdens, who claim their first title since 2005.
Svenska Cupen Winners:
Malmö FF

Norway
(16th in UEFA Coefficient)
4bc06876ba3cbdca8a5fcfbc2c8e01dc.png
Rosenborg are definitely Norway's equivalent of FCK. This time they beat out Molde to the title by just a point though, so at least it's close.
Braathens Cup Winners:
Tromsø IL

Denmark
(11th in UEFA Coefficient)
6c4ef831689056dfff44f0f42e78b946.png
I FCKing hate them.
DBU Pokalen Winners:
Vejle BK
But at least it's a nice small side taking the cup :)

5 hours ago, scarp said:

Just caught up! Great read, hopefully you win it one day. :D

Cheers scarp! I'm not making any promises, though, for obvious reasons.

Nagtoralik-45
2025 Pre-Season

4746e98b2dd17e416f14e0300a41697f.png
Our odds have gone down, as our players are getting older and we haven't made any first team signings.
5d54ec8305af6ce44d7b4437d88ac3d8.png
Not the best results against the U19s. Not sure what to make of that.

Can't you just sense my optimism?
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr! 

• 2 weeks later...

Nagtoralik-45
2025 GBU Indendørs Qualifying, Part 1
0dc18222e60c0dfc537289e1bec85ab7.png
We've been absolutely pouring in the goals, but worrying inconsistencies are still present, as Eqaluk have given us trouble in both matches and defeated us in the second meeting. We almost blew a massive advantage against Siuteroq, as we lead 5-1 on 75 minutes, but conceded three in rapid succession to cut the lead to 5-4. Thankfully, we held on for a valuable win. Kalak and Kissaviarsuk were no match for us.

38bbbedc15bdfa02d07f76c53b6615ca.png

It's Siuteroq and not Eqaluk that we'll have to contend with to top the group, as the latter have been shaky so far against the rest of the field. We do have a significant GD advantage at the moment, but I won't guarantee that that stays the same in the second half... Greenland is a volatile place.

Let's go ahead and return to the indoor finals.
Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

Edited by oriole01

Great thread. I've always wanted to make a Greenland database and play it but i'm waiting for SI to implement a feature allowing us to create languages in the editor. All those greenlandic regens with danish names and facies ruins a bit the immersion for me. 

An intriguing premise and specific goals for an FM career. Like others, I hope Fabian escapes Greenland soon, or settles down and starts a family there.

Practical question: Do you play all games with the ME? If you sim games, what is the percentage of sim games to ME games? 

Nagtoralik-45
2025 GBU Indendørs Qualifying, Part 2
3151e3ff552d18aa86a8da871182a765.png
Three wins and two losses. We didn't perform exceptionally well in any of these games, and often had to play from behind in them, but I was very happy to defeat and hold a clean sheet against Siuteroq, which secured qualification for the finals. The following loss against Narsaq at home was atrocious, but I IR'd that game and threw out a weakened team, as it didn't matter anyway.

9e8bd741c004ecc4da2a5ef7fe9f003f.png
None of the teams in the group did too badly this time, but we were clearly the best of the lot.

Semi Final Draw
4b03eab0e398946b4c8dafe41cf21aeb.png
We will contest the semi final with the team who beat us in the final of this competition last season, on penalties following a quite unbelievable 6-6 draw. Revenge against NUK IL is certainly on the cards.

Tyr! Tyr! Tyr!

20 hours ago, ClemB said:

Great thread. I've always wanted to make a Greenland database and play it but i'm waiting for SI to implement a feature allowing us to create languages in the editor. All those greenlandic regens with danish names and facies ruins a bit the immersion for me. 

Cheers Clem. The lack of Inuit names is a bit of a bother for me as well, but most of the real Greenlandic players included in the database have those names, and thus at least a small amount of regens will have them too, but I agree that new languages should be allowed to be created to make it more realistic.

8 hours ago, kidthekid said:

By the way, how has the Greenland domestic league changed now that (I assume) that guy was able to buy Greenland?

I've yet to update the league names in-game, but I can tell you that we are now competing for the Trump Organization Trumplandsmesterskabet, and our chief sponsors are Chick-fil-a and the NRA. 

3 hours ago, scott92507 said:

An intriguing premise and specific goals for an FM career. Like others, I hope Fabian escapes Greenland soon, or settles down and starts a family there.

Practical question: Do you play all games with the ME? If you sim games, what is the percentage of sim games to ME games? 

Thank you Scott. If Fabian ever does get out of Greenland, we'll be revisiting his story, and possibly examining his mental state as well.

I play the vast majority of games with the ME, mostly because I don't trust IR in games with any weight to them. Therefore, I only simulate games in which there there is nothing pertinent on the line (dead rubber), such as the Narsaq game in the last post. So it's about 95% play and 5% sim.