Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Hi,

Now I bought FM09 from Tesco last week and installed on my laptop. Everything worked fine and activation was no problem.

Now, however, when trying to install it on the house computer. It says that it can't install because the keycode is already in use.

Now, am I correct in thinking that I can install on 5 computers?

And if so, why am I getting this message?

(Activating via Steam by the way)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football Manager 09 has been installed but there were errors during installation. Please check the installation log for details.

I have checked the log and this is what it says:

com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

The game was Bought from Game.

Also the Keycode will not activate as it says i am not connected.

Please Help! I have been trying to install this since Christmas Day!!

Hi

I've installed the game and it starts up fine. It was fine for a while but then I tried to load it once but there was an error.

Now I tried deleting the game and reinstalling it but now after starting a new game it goes through it all like finding manager targets etc, but once all that is done it comes up with an xml parsing error before i can do anything and it closes.

Please help!!

hi i brought fm 3days ago from a game store and installed it without useing steam had no problems with but when i try to start fm i get a message saying fm.exe has encounterd a problem i hav jus spent da last 3 hrs seaching previous posts for a soloution to my problem tried everything related that was advised to others (installed microsoft.net, got latest patch, updated evrything else) and yet nothing works. is there somthing iv missed or is there anything else i can try? iv tried using steam but had same problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys,

im playing on the latest patch (9.02?) and last night it crashed on me.

i was playing when all of a sudden a small dialogue box appeared (didnt quite see what it said), and the game stop responding (the screen faded out like it sometimes does) and then it said trying to reconnect to football manager, then connection lost and game closed.

unfortunatly i hadnt saved ot for over 8 hoursd as i only tend to save when im turning off (stops the temptation to reload a game to get a result)

does anyone know why this happens?

isit a game fault or steam?

and can it be prevented?

whay am i being asked to re-activate my code because my trial period has expired? I bought the game on release day and spent 2 days trying to activate it. Since then it has been fine, and then now this??? How has this happened? And i just read that the game can only be installed on 5 computers?! thats ridiculous, What if i owned ten computers and wanted to play it on them all? You're telling us to buy two copies? surely this is against any consumer rights and is discrimination.

Hi,

When I am trying to set up a new game an alert comes up saying that FM is running dangerously low on memory, how can I fix this?

Check what's running in the background - you can try and disable virus-checkers etc to free up memory. It may refer to hard drive space also (I'm guessing) so worth looking at that?

Hi,

Now, however, when trying to install it on the house computer. It says that it can't install because the keycode is already in use.

Now, am I correct in thinking that I can install on 5 computers?

And if so, why am I getting this message?

(Activating via Steam by the way)

Try here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

Football Manager 09 has been installed but there were errors during installation. Please check the installation log for details.

I have checked the log and this is what it says:

com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

The game was Bought from Game.

Also the Keycode will not activate as it says i am not connected.

Please Help! I have been trying to install this since Christmas Day!!

Not sure about why you'd get the error - can youp lease register with Customer Services (use your login details from this forum) and they will help find out why you're getting that?

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

Hi

I've installed the game and it starts up fine. It was fine for a while but then I tried to load it once but there was an error.

Now I tried deleting the game and reinstalling it but now after starting a new game it goes through it all like finding manager targets etc, but once all that is done it comes up with an xml parsing error before i can do anything and it closes.

Please help!!

The fix for this is listed in here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556

hi i brought fm 3days ago from a game store and installed it without useing steam had no problems with but when i try to start fm i get a message saying fm.exe has encounterd a problem i hav jus spent da last 3 hrs seaching previous posts for a soloution to my problem tried everything related that was advised to others (installed microsoft.net, got latest patch, updated evrything else) and yet nothing works. is there somthing iv missed or is there anything else i can try? iv tried using steam but had same problem

If you're all up to date, I'd suggest going through your hardware spec with Customer Services - link above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys,

i was playing when all of a sudden a small dialogue box appeared (didnt quite see what it said), and the game stop responding (the screen faded out like it sometimes does) and then it said trying to reconnect to football manager, then connection lost and game closed.

unfortunatly i hadnt saved ot for over 8 hoursd as i only tend to save when im turning off (stops the temptation to reload a game to get a result)

and can it be prevented?

The majority of reported crashes are due to driver or DirectX incompatibilities. pdate DirectX and Graphics card drivers. Also, use a monthly rolling save - I'd guess that battling your willpower would be easier than battling your rage...

whay am i being asked to re-activate my code because my trial period has expired? I bought the game on release day and spent 2 days trying to activate it. Since then it has been fine, and then now this??? How has this happened? And i just read that the game can only be installed on 5 computers?! thats ridiculous, What if i owned ten computers and wanted to play it on them all? You're telling us to buy two copies? surely this is against any consumer rights and is discrimination.

This is a known issue, fix is here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

The license you purchase allows 5 concurrent installs so you're correct, if you owned 10 computers and wished to install the game 10 times, you'd need to purchase two copies. It is neither against any consumer rights nor discrimination.

Cheers

Matt

For *juniorford*

I also have had this happen.

Have updated all as requested.

Have contacted SEGA customer Support and received email stating they are not sure and required more info.

Dont expect anything to quick, I have been trying to run FM2009 for 1 week now.

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

Hi

I need to activate via telephone and have tried countless times now. At the end of the telephone call, I am told that my activation has been successful however when i then try run the game the same activation screen comes up starting from the first step.

Please can you help me out with this as quick as you can.

Thanks in advance

Scott

Hi

I need to activate via telephone and have tried countless times now. At the end of the telephone call, I am told that my activation has been successful however when i then try run the game the same activation screen comes up starting from the first step.

Please can you help me out with this as quick as you can.

Thanks in advance

Scott

If you register with Customer Services you'll be able to be activated. You can do that online - see link in original post.

im getting the cant run due to graphics system, fault

But whenever i try to download the Microsoft Direct X SDK

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

it just keeps saying internet explorer cannoit display page, can someone please help i really want to play this game

Can you try opening the page from another PC to see if it's an issue?

I usually always play in window mode so I can flick between apps, but last weekend I tried fullscreen and realised the game froze everytime I clicked on a teams "information" screen.

I have installed latest graphics drivers, SDK and Dot.Net Framework.

Running 9.2 on Vista.

Other than running in window'd, anything I can do?

I usually always play in window mode so I can flick between apps, but last weekend I tried fullscreen and realised the game froze everytime I clicked on a teams "information" screen.

I have installed latest graphics drivers, SDK and Dot.Net Framework.

Running 9.2 on Vista.

Other than running in window'd, anything I can do?

Hi Planet.

We're looking at getting this sorted out for the next patch but for now unfortunately running it in windows is the way to go, you can extend the window to full screen size and the game should still be fine for you.

im getting the cant run due to graphics system, fault

But whenever i try to download the Microsoft Direct X SDK

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

it just keeps saying internet explorer cannoit display page, can someone please help i really want to play this game

Are you cutting and pasting the link or just clicking on it?

Try this:

Cut and paste this into your browser:

//www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

Before following it add "http:" (without the quotations) to the start of the line

The page definately opens from here so I'm not sure what the problem is.

hi guys,

and can it be prevented?

Hi, can you report this in the bugs thread please and if you have it supply a saved game to the FTP?

The bugs form is here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

The FTP Details are here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=73348

We'll take a look at it in the bugs forums and see what the problem is.

Please report with as much detail as you can.

Cheers

I'm still looking for help to resolve my 0xc0000005 error. I have had three emails back from customer services and tried their suggestions, but still no luck. I've not heard back from them since Jan 4th. I've had this game since Christmas Day and haven't been able to play it. It's very frustrating! Any other ideas to what I should do?

• Administrators
I'm still looking for help to resolve my 0xc0000005 error. I have had three emails back from customer services and tried their suggestions, but still no luck. I've not heard back from them since Jan 4th. I've had thie game since Christmas Day and haven't been able to play it. It's very frustrating! Any other ideas to what I should do?

Hi superstod, I would very much recommend reading the article found here - http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Hi superstod, I would very much recommend reading the article found here - http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

I reead through the article, but I'm not sure what I can do based on it.

I've found this problem signature. I don't know if it will help you or not.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.2.0.30301

Application Timestamp: 494a4b55

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000

Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00009cac

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 9d13

Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Additional Information 3: 9d13

Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

• Administrators

Problem signature

Well the worry is your RAM may be screwed, I'd suggest running some of the tests found here - http://www.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=142 to see if it's all okay. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Well the worry is your RAM may be screwed, I'd suggest running some of the tests found here - http://www.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=142 to see if it's all okay. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

I ran the video check and the microsoft RAM check and both came back with no problems. The only thing that came up is something about not being able to check everything cos the RAM exceeded 4GB.

Thanks

• Administrators

superstod, could you send me a PM of your dxdiag please? Follow these instructions to get your dxdiag information:

How to get your Dxdiag information

Windows XP

1. Click on “Start”

2. Click on “Run”

3. In the text prompt box that appears type “dxdiag” and click ok.

4. Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your machine click “Save All Information” save this to a place you will remember.

5. Copy and past these as/where needed.

Wndows Vista

1. Click on “Start”

2. Click inside the search box

3. In the search box type “dxdiag” and click ok.

4. Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your machine click “Save All Information” save this to a place you will remember.

5. Copy and past these as/where needed.

Thanks.

Are you cutting and pasting the link or just clicking on it?

Try this:

Cut and paste this into your browser:

//www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

Before following it add "http:" (without the quotations) to the start of the line

The page definately opens from here so I'm not sure what the problem is.

sorry didnt put that clearly, i can get onto the page its when i click the download button, its just bringing up a new page saying internet explorer cant display page, is there elsewhere i can download this from or a way round this ive turned my computers firewall of

• Administrators
sorry didnt put that clearly, i can get onto the page its when i click the download button, its just bringing up a new page saying internet explorer cant display page, is there elsewhere i can download this from or a way round this ive turned my computers firewall of

Try using the firefox browser, we've had some reports of people struggling with IE.

OK it seems i am quite simple minded when it comes to computers even though i thought i knew a bit! I have followed the step by step guide as is posted on one of the threads for technical issues already but it still hasn't helped.

First problem was connecting to the internet using AnchorSoft so i found and unzipped the file and entered the key into this which activated my game and said it would run now.

Then it still wouldnt let me in because of AnchorSoft and now it is telling me that the game is unavailable!

I have tried contacting certain people in private message but nothing back and i just wanted to see if anyone could offer help.

I apologise if this sort of thing annoys you or if im posting in the wrong place i just want to play the game.

Any help or advice offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Adam

OK it seems i am quite simple minded when it comes to computers even though i thought i knew a bit! I have followed the step by step guide as is posted on one of the threads for technical issues already but it still hasn't helped.

First problem was connecting to the internet using AnchorSoft so i found and unzipped the file and entered the key into this which activated my game and said it would run now.

Then it still wouldnt let me in because of AnchorSoft and now it is telling me that the game is unavailable!

I have tried contacting certain people in private message but nothing back and i just wanted to see if anyone could offer help.

I apologise if this sort of thing annoys you or if im posting in the wrong place i just want to play the game.

Any help or advice offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Adam

Hello Adam,

Are you trying to run the game via Steam?

If yes, it's a good idea to try to run the game directly. All you'll need to do is go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2009 and run the FM.exe from there.

Let us know if this applies/works for you.

Hello Adam,

Are you trying to run the game via Steam?

If yes, it's a good idea to try to run the game directly. All you'll need to do is go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2009 and run the FM.exe from there.

Let us know if this applies/works for you.

I found that double clicked it and it came up with the AnchorSoft window again! I enter my code but it tells me it has already been activated and that i have to buy another code.

I have got one active computer.

Below is a list of computers that are actively licensed to play Football Manager 2009. Using the check boxes below, select the computers you wish to deactivate. By deactivating a computer you will free up a license seat for Football Manager 2009. Freeing a license seat allows you to use your license key on a different/additional computer. However, the computers you deactivate will no longer be able to play Football Manager 2009.

Activated on 1/13/2009 11:21:55 AM

I have got one active computer.

Below is a list of computers that are actively licensed to play Football Manager 2009. Using the check boxes below, select the computers you wish to deactivate. By deactivating a computer you will free up a license seat for Football Manager 2009. Freeing a license seat allows you to use your license key on a different/additional computer. However, the computers you deactivate will no longer be able to play Football Manager 2009.

Activated on 1/13/2009 11:21:55 AM

Please refer to the instructions listed at http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2275326&postcount=3663. Ignore how the error code id is different to yours - this potential workaround applies to your problem too.

Could you try installing/activating the game via Uniloc? Assuming, you purchased the game on DVD and not Steam.

Ok did that and it installed. Ran the programme and Soft Anchor came up again and sai it was unable to connect to the internet so im back to square one again! I wanna cry lol!

Ok did that and it installed. Ran the programme and Soft Anchor came up again and sai it was unable to connect to the internet so im back to square one again! I wanna cry lol!

Could you try doing http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715 again please.

If it still doesn't work, your best bet is to contact Customer Services. This can be done via the phone number in your manual, or via the below link:

Simply use your forum login details to sign in, and then "Submit a ticket".

Could you try doing http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715 again please.

If it still doesn't work, your best bet is to contact Customer Services. This can be done via the phone number in your manual, or via the below link:

Simply use your forum login details to sign in, and then "Submit a ticket".

Brilliant! Thankyou ever so much for your help much appreciated!

When I try to install the program the installation errors and says "Unable to load and prepare the installer in GUI mode".

I only have a GeForce FX 5700LE graphics and the requirements says min. 5900. Could that be the problem?

But then again the requirements says that only requires for the 3D match viewer mode. If anyone could help me I would be very grateful!

Anders G

When I try to install the program the installation errors and says "Unable to load and prepare the installer in GUI mode".

I only have a GeForce FX 5700LE graphics and the requirements says min. 5900. Could that be the problem?

But then again the requirements says that only requires for the 3D match viewer mode. If anyone could help me I would be very grateful!

Anders G

Could you please ensure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer..

How to update your Java

The installer we use makes use of Java and therefore it's important to ensure you have the latest version, particularly if you are experiencing problems during the installation process.

You can download the latest version here:

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2062028#post2062028

Been running the game on 9.2 parch since before Xmas with no problem. Tried to load on Sunday and got the "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Error signature is as follows:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.2.0.30301 ModName: saauditmd.dll

ModVer: 1.2.2.0 Offset: 0001123d

Any suggestions? Posted on bugs forum on Sunday morning but no response.

I've been trying to install the game for a couple of days now and have got through the activation processes fine but when I try and launch the game I get the message

"fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.2.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00bfbf57

I also tried downloading the 9.2 patch but this failed at the end of downloading it due to an issue with a digital security certificate not being verified??

After that I went to C:/Documents & Settings/All Users/Application Data/Sports Interactive/FM2009 Certificate/Audit/Certificates/Security Certificate and clicked on the Security Certificate icon but it came up with the message "Invalid Public Key Security Object File. This file is invalid for use as the following: Security Certificate"

Trying to Install the Certificate comes up with the same message.

I've tried reinstalling the game a couple of times but get the same problems.

Please can anyone help?? Is it an issue with the Security Certificate?? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm desperate to play the game.

Cheers

Problem signature

Did this problem ever get fixed, I am having the exact same problem. Just to clarify I have also run the memory ram test and it came back with no problems.

Please help SI!

Been running the game on 9.2 parch since before Xmas with no problem. Tried to load on Sunday and got the "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Error signature is as follows:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.2.0.30301 ModName: saauditmd.dll

ModVer: 1.2.2.0 Offset: 0001123d

Any suggestions? Posted on bugs forum on Sunday morning but no response.

You are receiving the error: ‘This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem’

Fix: Please download the file from here and place in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74469

Hopefully this will resolve this issue - let us know.

I've been trying to install the game for a couple of days now and have got through the activation processes fine but when I try and launch the game I get the message

"fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.2.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00bfbf57

I also tried downloading the 9.2 patch but this failed at the end of downloading it due to an issue with a digital security certificate not being verified??

After that I went to C:/Documents & Settings/All Users/Application Data/Sports Interactive/FM2009 Certificate/Audit/Certificates/Security Certificate and clicked on the Security Certificate icon but it came up with the message "Invalid Public Key Security Object File. This file is invalid for use as the following: Security Certificate"

Trying to Install the Certificate comes up with the same message.

I've tried reinstalling the game a couple of times but get the same problems.

Please can anyone help?? Is it an issue with the Security Certificate?? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm desperate to play the game.

Cheers

Let's first try to get around the issue you're having with downloading/installing the 9.2.0 patch..

You receive an error when trying to install the Patch - digital signature issue (Vista) Fix:

1. Create a shortcut on the desktop to cmd.exe (if you don’t know how to see guide below)

2. Right-click on the shortcut and select Run as administrator

3. When the command window opens, type or paste the following and press ENTER:

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

4. Reboot and then try installing the driver.

Quick Guide to Creating a shortcut:

1. Right click on an empty space on the desktop to open the context menu

2. Select New

3. Select Shortcut with a left-click

4. In the location box type cmd /k Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

5. Select Next

6. Name your shortcut and push Finish

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74469

Did this problem ever get fixed, I am having the exact same problem. Just to clarify I have also run the memory ram test and it came back with no problems.

Please help SI!

Hey George,

Could you please let me know exactly when you get this crash prompt? i.e. when opening up the game, while you're playing the game etc.

Archived