Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first thing is you need to delete all football manager folders on your computer. There should be one in shared documents and in Documents. Let me know if you get that done. :)

Remember to back up your saved games, custom databases, graphics etc before you do this. :thup:

The first thing is you need to delete all football manager folders on your computer. There should be one in shared documents and in Documents. Let me know if you get that done. :)

Remember to back up your saved games, custom databases, graphics etc before you do this. :thup:

All done mate.

The next thing you need to do is to delete you cache files. Follow the above post and as you're on Vista you obviously follow those instructions. Let me know when you have that done. :thup:

Does deleting your cache not allow you to load your save game?

How to delete your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : "C: Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Ok now follow these posts.

Ok. The next thing is the registry. I would suggest creating a restore point first as if you make a mistake tampering with the registry, it can mess up your whole system. If you create a restore point you can revert back to your current settings.

So to create a restore point do the following:

1. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
  2. Select 'Create a restore point' and click next
  3. Type a name for it and click create
  4. Click close

1. Now go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Run
  2. Type "regedit.exe" without the quotes and click ok
  3. Go to these locations and delete the Sports Interactive Ltd folders in each location by right-clicking on it and choosing delete
  4. Here are the locations: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_USERS (check each folder here and delete any Sports Interactive Ltd folders found in the software folder in each folder in HKEY_USERS)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be very careful you delete the right folder as I said it can mess up your system if you do anything wrong.

Let me know when you have that done. :thup:

my fm was working good in v 9.0 and v 9.1 but I can't install 9.2 patch there show "Error reading file block 164" and when i want to play the game there show error 'football manager 2009 has stopped working'

i have vista....

thx 4 help...

my fm was working good in v 9.0 and v 9.1 but I can't install 9.2 patch there show "Error reading file block 164" and when i want to play the game there show error 'football manager 2009 has stopped working'

i have vista....

thx 4 help...

Hopefully you find a solution in this thread. :thup:

"Have you tried installing on the new laptop? Unless you'd installed the game in 5 other places before attempting, it should install absolutely fine. If it doesn't, you could try the deactivation URL in the first post of this thread to deactivate all associations with your key, then reinstall"

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the quick response. I have now tried to install onto the laptop and receive the error message 'Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll'

Any further idea's would be appreciated. I will look back through the known errors to see if I can match it elsewhere.

Cheers

i know this has been probably said before but ive spent an hour trawling through the forums and cant seem to find a solution

ive had fm09 since christmas and its been working perfectly fine since then but now for some reason when i try to launch the game it just comes up with "football manager is already running" and fails to initialize

its beginning to get somehwta frustrating and i was just wondering if anyone had any idea how to solve thiss?

thankss

Can you please send me a JPG of your manual back cover so I can see your code. My email address is marc.duffy@sigames.com

marc i am having problems i installed it and it says some errors have occured during installing please vistit installation log for details i done that and i found the errors but how do i fix them theys are the errors marc

Hey i found it but am confuse theys are the errors

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\

Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats what it says thats all the errors do u no how to fix them? anyone please

The next thing you need to do is to delete you cache files. Follow the above post and as you're on Vista you obviously follow those instructions. Let me know when you have that done. :thup:

Hey i found it but am confuse theys are the errors

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\

Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

thats what it says thats all the errors do u no how to fix them? anyone please

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

Marc hey am having the errors problem do u no how to fix theys errors?

I'm having a problem with my network game kicking my son off the game just as he's about to start a match. His assistant picks the team by the time he rejoins and he subsequently loses! This has only started happening since i bought a new computer yesterday. I installed Fm2009, patched it and transfered our save gamesto the new computer.

I load the game and he joins with no problems then when he presses team select he gets booted off. I don't have force continue or anything of the like selected.My new computer is using vista where as my sons and my old computer were xp. We are playing across our home network and i've tried disabling all firewalls.

Any ideas?

Think some of my problems may be down to my graphics card not being updated, but Ive not got a clue how to do it, Ive been on the ATI site but cant find my driver. Can anyone help me? My DXDIAG is:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/10/2009, 15:39:16

Machine name: MATTP

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation

System Model: PCG-K415S

BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0

Processor: Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06GHz

Memory: 510MB RAM

Page File: 395MB used, 845MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: The file d3d9d.dll is a debug version, which will run slower than the retail version.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Sound Tab 3: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9200

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: MOBILITY RADEON 9200 AGP (0x5C61)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5C61&SUBSYS_8175104D&REV_01

Display Memory: 64.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Sony Notebook LCD (1280x800)

Monitor Max Res: 1280,800

Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6476 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 8/25/2004 04:29:00, 209408 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys

Mini VDD Date: 8/25/2004 04:28:00, 787456 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-1F21-11CF-B16A-7FA1A0C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x5C61

SubSys ID: 0x8175104D

Revision ID: 0x0001

Revision ID: 0x0001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Hi,

Basically have a problem playing FM, when I go to run the game a warning comes up reading "Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system". I have no idea how to set this up or whatever and cannot fix this. Can anyone give me a hand or step-by-step guide on how to sort this so I can play.

Marc hey am having the errors problem do u no how to fix theys errors?

Have you tried reinstalling? Have you got space on your hard drive?

I have downloaded 9.2.0 and installed it fine however now the match TV view player when i try and watch the game is super slow and stop start how do I get it back to normal?

Update DirectX and Graphics card drivers. If your machine is up to spec, that should work fine.

Think some of my problems may be down to my graphics card not being updated, but Ive not got a clue how to do it, Ive been on the ATI site but cant find my driver. Can anyone help me? My DXDIAG is:

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9200

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: MOBILITY RADEON 9200 AGP (0x5C61)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5C61&SUBSYS_8175104D&REV_01

Display Memory: 64.0 MB

Not very techy, but I'd say you're miles under spec in the GFX card dept. All I can recommend is updating the drivers and seeing if you can get the game to work.

Hi,

Basically have a problem playing FM, when I go to run the game a warning comes up reading "Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system". I have no idea how to set this up or whatever and cannot fix this. Can anyone give me a hand or step-by-step guide on how to sort this so I can play.

Yep, this is a known issue - read the first post in this thread and the solution is there.

Cheers

Matt

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\graphics.fmf

Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGpl: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

can u lot help me with those errors pls i had only 2 den i done windows update den graphics one came need help marc can u help me

Have you tried reinstalling? Have you got space on your hard drive?

Update DirectX and Graphics card drivers. If your machine is up to spec, that should work fine.

Not very techy, but I'd say you're miles under spec in the GFX card dept. All I can recommend is updating the drivers and seeing if you can get the game to work.

Yep, this is a known issue - read the first post in this thread and the solution is there.

Cheers

Matt

yh i got space and ill reinstall it pplus i got new errors now i got a graphics one now look

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\graphics.fmf

did i tell u i was playing it FM09 den when i started the match is LÁGed differently and crash

Have you tried the disconnected activator? And are you uploading your latest file?

Any answer here - still no answer to my questions - ill ask again - error -819 any news on this? And if I buy a new version of the game will it have the same problems

Hi guy's i have a problem with my fm09 with my regular saved game that it loads the game fine i then click continue game it advances a few hours in the game and it's okay, i then click continue game again, the continue bar comes up, goes until about half of the way and then it gives a serious error and closes the game. it does this continuously not allowing me to play the game. i have the crash dump file and i am more than happy to share it with you guy's as long as i get a solution . thanks

I NEED HELP when i try installing it it says errors occured vistit installation log for details so i vistit it found the errors but i dont no how to fix theys errors can someone help me pls theys are the errors

Everyttime I try to run FM2009 an error occurs: "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml"

I tried to look for the presence of the cache and settings folders like suggested by other people but these folders don't even exist in my comp!!!

Can someone help me troubleshoot this please???

many thanks in advance

diogre

Its the same for me HELP!!!!!!:thdn::(

Its the same for me HELP!!!!!!:thdn::(

You need to make hidden files and folders visible to do this

In Windows Explorer, click Tools (you may need to press F10 to make this visible), then go to Folder Options, then click on the View tab, then select the option that says "Show hidden files and folders"

Once you have done this, you should be able to follow the path you need

Hi guy's i have a problem with my fm09 with my regular saved game that it loads the game fine i then click continue game it advances a few hours in the game and it's okay, i then click continue game again, the continue bar comes up, goes until about half of the way and then it gives a serious error and closes the game. it does this continuously not allowing me to play the game. i have the crash dump file and i am more than happy to share it with you guy's as long as i get a solution . thanks

If you post in the technical support forum you'll get told whether they need you to upload the save game or not...

Archived