Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Matt I brought a copy of the game but couldn't use it due to my dvd drive's laser ibeen broken.

I registered the game through steam so I could play it however I would rather not have steam on my computer if possible.

Do you know if I'm able to re install FM through the dvd (when I get a replacement drive) and take steam off my computer?

Thanks for your help in advance.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, lets see what we can do then.Steam isn't Spyware - give it permission to operate within those programmes.

Also - look in the program files / Steam / Steamapps folder and find fm.exe - create a desktop shortcut to this and run from it and it'll work each time.

Matt

Thanks Matt, followed your instructions and it works ablsolutely fine :D

Stuart

Do you know if I'm able to re install FM through the dvd (when I get a replacement drive) and take steam off my computer?

Yes, use Uniloc to authenticate and you don't need Steam.

Thanks Matt, followed your instructions and it works ablsolutely fine :D

Stuart

Pleasure, happy to have helped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannywp7477

Hey I wonder if anyone can help me!!

Ive had FM09 for a month i did originally install it via Steam but it made my computer and the game run so so slow!! I ended up uninstalling and re installing the game again via Uniloc.

Now it starts to load the screen goes black except for a white L and a white flashing dial in the bottom right hand corner and then thats it!!! it stops loading and i left it this arvo for 3 hrs and no change, Ive read thru majority of posts on here but nothing seems to stop this or help load it.

Sounds like a graphics card driver issue for me!!

Hey matt thank you for your reply?!?!

Sorry im not totally computer literate but how do i check my graphics card and if they are all fine I'm screwed yes???

Danny

Got the mouse flickering problem aswell as getting a blank screen for about 5 minutes when I press the Start Key (To exit the game, but obviously it's still running) then when I go back onto it it's completly blank and each part of the screen comes back slowly peice by peice.

Never had any trouble with any FM's before. This is a disgrace.

ive given up with this load of ****, £31 just thrown away, thanks sega i hope you go bust as no one will want to buy your shitty software anymore!!

No need to throw your toys out of the pram OR swear. Kids are members on this forum, so please think.

I am also sure there must be a solution to your problem somewhere.

Hi,

Football Manager 2009 has stopped working

I've spent some looking through previous threads for help but no luck yet. Everytime I attempt to load up FM09 through Steam I get the above error message from Windows. The game worked fine up till Christmas Day.

If anyone has a solution it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg.

Dunno if this is in the right place, but.....

Installed 9.2.0 and started a new game. I play commentry only and usually have the screen on split screen. Set replays to goals only in full screen. My problem is, after replaying a goal, it doesnt go back to split screen, although it did in 9.1.0.

What can i do to correct this?

Dear all,

I recently purchased FM 2009. I successfully activated the game through Steam and played for a few days.

However, Vista crashed while I was loading FM 2009 today. When Vista rebooted I launched the game through Stream and much to my surprise the SoftAnchor online certification screen came up. I inserted my keycode but received an error [-821].

I read in the SIbase support that I should try to download the fixv2 application to fix the error. However, upon launching the activation tool as described in the SIbase, the activation still failed with error -819.

My keycode checks out on key check.

I have also tried to uninstall the game from Steam as well as delete any other reference to FM 2009, i.e. the certification folder. This still does not help. I have also tried to reinstall Steam without any luck.

I hope you can help - I suspect that my keycode somehow got corrupted when Vista crached?

Look forward to hearing from you and best wishes for the New Year.

Rune

I have a problem when tryin to open the game and install.

i get an error which says;

fm.exe - entry point not found

the procedure entry point SymGetLineFromAddrW64 could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll.

help plz

Hi guys.

I just wanna ask if anybody has the same problem than me, and what did u do to get over it.

This is: my game was going great till I receive the crash dump problem about 24 July 09.OKAY

The new patch is out and when I install it, I follow my saved game, everything great again but

when I have an offer for a player I cant accept/reject, I mean, the buttons are there, they move

but if I push the accept or cancel or reject or confirm button nothing happens, so the game is unplayable 'coz I CANT KEEP ON PLAYING.

Thanks I wair for ur answers

Can anyone help ....

My copy of football manager 2009 won't open. I was using it yesterday evening and today it wouldnt work. It gets just past the sega and si screens but then an error message along these lines appears

"invalid last line on last_saved_game.xml"

I've tried finding this file but can't.

Also, if I uninstall the game and want to put it on a different machine (say my laptop to my desktop) what do I do about the activation code?

Thanks

I have tried reading all the posts but there were too manay and although some of them had the same problems, the replies from SI seemed to say, I've sent you a private message. This is my first time on here so I don't even know what this is!

Anyway, I've got fm 2009 (from disk not stream) and tried to install it. It came up with the problem with graphic system so I looked on here and down loaded that microsoft direct x thing. That was all fine and FM started to load but then after the racism screen it stopped and a L with a sort of clock thing came up int he bottom right hand of the screen and then nothing. Can you help please?

i have similar problem, everything is fine until i try to play first game of season, when i click on submit team it shuts the whole game down and says "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of highlights.xml" then it says "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of speed.xml"

desperateley need help, any1 know how to fix this problem?

after i click on submit team it go's to the match screen and says something like match setup.

i can hear the match going on in the background but nothing is displayed.

i've tryed to change the screem settings but still no joy

nightmare:mad:

I have an error on installation. It is:

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

Any ideas on how to resolve this please?

My problem is one that's new to me, when I first got the game there were no problems but now firstly when I load a saved game it says "Save Game Cannot be loaded" then FM closes. Secondly when I load the database for a game it says about a serious application error and closes. A screen shot of the error is here

fasfwg.jpg

Got the mouse flickering problem aswell as getting a blank screen for about 5 minutes when I press the Start Key (To exit the game, but obviously it's still running) then when I go back onto it it's completly blank and each part of the screen comes back slowly peice by peice.

Never had any trouble with any FM's before. This is a disgrace.

Mouse driver update, Graphics Driver update.

Please help, I keep getting a error message everytime I try and start the game

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00c0e857

I have tried everything suggested, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Not seen this, I think you should speak to Customer Services.

Installed the game on my PC and got it then i uninstalled it and tried it on a friend's computer. When i put it in it doesnt even register the disc, any solutions??

Try opening Windows Explorer and "Exploring" that drive - autorun doesn't sound like it's working.

Hi,

Football Manager 2009 has stopped working

I've spent some looking through previous threads for help but no luck yet. Everytime I attempt to load up FM09 through Steam I get the above error message from Windows. The game worked fine up till Christmas Day.

If anyone has a solution it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg.

Did you try patching, updating DirectX, Graphics Drivers? Did you try running in windowed mode? If so - I'd suggest speaking to Customer Services.

Dear all,

I recently purchased FM 2009. I successfully activated the game through Steam and played for a few days.

However, Vista crashed while I was loading FM 2009 today. When Vista rebooted I launched the game through Stream and much to my surprise the SoftAnchor online certification screen came up. I inserted my keycode but received an error [-821].

I read in the SIbase support that I should try to download the fixv2 application to fix the error. However, upon launching the activation tool as described in the SIbase, the activation still failed with error -819.

My keycode checks out on key check.

I have also tried to uninstall the game from Steam as well as delete any other reference to FM 2009, i.e. the certification folder. This still does not help. I have also tried to reinstall Steam without any luck.

I hope you can help - I suspect that my keycode somehow got corrupted when Vista crached?

Look forward to hearing from you and best wishes for the New Year.

Rune

Try here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

I have a problem when tryin to open the game and install.

i get an error which says;

fm.exe - entry point not found

the procedure entry point SymGetLineFromAddrW64 could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll.

help plz

Not seen this - Customer Services your best bet,

HELP! i finally got on but my mouse isn't working properly. it isn't moving very quickly and it is flashing and it's realy difficult to use. any way of sorting it?

Graphics Card Drivers, possibly Mouse drivers?

I have an error on installation. It is:

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

Any ideas on how to resolve this please?

Not seen this before, I'd suggest talking to Customer Services.

Cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system

I am getting the same message. I installed and activated and the game opened with no problems. However, before I started a game I installed the letest patch and am now getting this message.

From elsewhere on the forum it seems that I can play but without the 3D engine. That's fine, I knew my PC would not cope with that but I cannot open the game to change the preferences!!!

I bought the game when it firts came out but had so many problems culminating in a tactics file infecting my pc and I had to reinstall the OS. I have only now got round to installingagain and this happens. I am so disappointed with this game so far, can somebody please help?!!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Hey i got xml parsing error saying

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of profile 0.xml i know that there is a solution of the reset preferences but i was wondering it there was a solution that i dont always have to reset the preferences i think its cos im lazy. anyways will it be fixed on the next patch or something or will this always happen?

also C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 10540 (my shortcut)

so where do i add the --reset preferences cos u say after fm.exe but i dunt have fm.exe

also i cudnot find the folder called settings. so im still not sure what i have to do. so any help please

hello,

I installed them fm09 he did well. until the next day I wanted to play now is that the computer Stone crash when the race starts. I think the problem lies in the 3d done because if I play 2 d he is not. I have downloaded the patch.

can someone give me a solution??

the other day there was a power cut whilst i was saving my game. since then i have been unable to even get to the screen where it allows you to start new game or load game. i keeep getting an XML parsing error!

mot well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

not being able to play FM09 is killing me

I've already uninstalled the game and steam, re-installed them but i keep getting same message

Mutsdog

My game has been working now via Steam for about a month, however it has suddenly stopped working, and everytime I go to load it I get a "FM.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. Any ideas why it has suddenly stopped working after a month?

Hi

I have been searching for ages now on these forums and i still can not get my game to work.

I have downloaded through steam and when i enter in my activation key number i get error -51,

I have been onto the webist that allows me to look up the correct activation key number so i know that it is correct the number i am using.

I downloaded a fix which was ment to solve the problem but it hasnt

and on some pages it suggests to find these folders

settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

But i can not find them on my computer.

Any help you can give me i would reall appreciate it as i have not been able to play the game since christmas.

thank you

dean

Forward Message

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

Hi

I have loaded up my game, have been able to work the data editor, even can do transfers tatics etc all up until the first game i can choose my team, team talk etc but the moment i kick off the program crashed i have had these messages

not well formed (invalid link) at line 1 of camera.xml

not well formed (invalid link) at line 1 of floating_league_table_state_changed.xml

not well formed (invalid link) at line 1 of default.xml

received last one more than once

Do you have any idea what the problem is and how i may solve them i have tried the suggestion adding --reset_preferences at the end of the target in properties this doesn't seem to of worked

the other day there was a power cut whilst i was saving my game. since then i have been unable to even get to the screen where it allows you to start new game or load game. i keeep getting an XML parsing error!

mot well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

not being able to play FM09 is killing me

I've already uninstalled the game and steam, re-installed them but i keep getting same message

Mutsdog

Did you get your problem sorted im having the same problem

Hi, i am not very technical so please bear with me. I got fm09 at 9am Christmas morning & i still havent been able to play the game. I have finally installed the game with steam, & i am registered & logged in to steam no problems. However i can not launch the game, it doesnt matter if i double click the icon or if i choose launch game from steams, my game menu. I have fully updated the microsoft updates as suggested on some forums, including directx but no joy. My Laptop is fully spec'd no issues there.

Please help as after 10 days of messing around with it i am at the end of my teather.

Thanks in advance.

My game has been working now via Steam for about a month, however it has suddenly stopped working, and everytime I go to load it I get a "FM.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. Any ideas why it has suddenly stopped working after a month?
Hi

I have been searching for ages now on these forums and i still can not get my game to work.

I have downloaded through steam and when i enter in my activation key number i get error -51,

I have been onto the webist that allows me to look up the correct activation key number so i know that it is correct the number i am using.

I downloaded a fix which was ment to solve the problem but it hasnt

and on some pages it suggests to find these folders

settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

But i can not find them on my computer.

Any help you can give me i would reall appreciate it as i have not been able to play the game since christmas.

thank you

dean

Forward Message

My screen keeps flickering when the games been loaded up.

i can see the screen as normal but it keep flickering up and down continuously. not been able to find anything on it.

cheers

Hi

I have loaded up my game, have been able to work the data editor, even can do transfers tatics etc all up until the first game i can choose my team, team talk etc but the moment i kick off the program crashed i have had these messages

not well formed (invalid link) at line 1 of camera.xml

not well formed (invalid link) at line 1 of floating_league_table_state_changed.xml

not well formed (invalid link) at line 1 of default.xml

received last one more than once

Do you have any idea what the problem is and how i may solve them i have tried the suggestion adding --reset_preferences at the end of the target in properties this doesn't seem to of worked

I would suggest all of you contact Customer Services to go through your machine specifications...

Hi,

I can successfully start FM, but then when i'm about to start my first pre-season friendly, windows throws up a message saying a FM has stopped working and needs to close.

Event viewer shows two entries for this in vista.

Log Name: Application

Source: Windows Error Reporting

Date: 02/01/2009 13:55:04

Event ID: 1001

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: ANFIELD

Description:

Fault bucket 1078396441, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: None

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: fm.exe

P2: 9.2.0.30301

P3: 494a4b55

P4: fm.exe

P5: 9.2.0.30301

P6: 494a4b55

P7: c0000005

P8: 00bf3ec7

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\parias\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5946.tmp.version.txt

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\parias\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report0a5d8075

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-01-02T13:55:04.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>11562</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>ANFIELD</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>1078396441</Data>

<Data>1</Data>

<Data>APPCRASH</Data>

<Data>None</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>fm.exe</Data>

<Data>9.2.0.30301</Data>

<Data>494a4b55</Data>

<Data>fm.exe</Data>

<Data>9.2.0.30301</Data>

<Data>494a4b55</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>00bf3ec7</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

C:\Users\parias\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5946.tmp.version.txt</Data>

<Data>C:\Users\parias\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report0a5d8075</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

and....

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 02/01/2009 13:54:54

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: ANFIELD

Description:

Faulting application fm.exe, version 9.2.0.30301, time stamp 0x494a4b55, faulting module fm.exe, version 9.2.0.30301, time stamp 0x494a4b55, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00bf3ec7, process id 0xc38, application start time 0x01c96ce0fd0ccbdd.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-01-02T13:54:54.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>11561</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>ANFIELD</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>fm.exe</Data>

<Data>9.2.0.30301</Data>

<Data>494a4b55</Data>

<Data>fm.exe</Data>

<Data>9.2.0.30301</Data>

<Data>494a4b55</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>00bf3ec7</Data>

<Data>c38</Data>

<Data>01c96ce0fd0ccbdd</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (i think i've tried many of the fixes, but am open to any further suggestions)

Many thanks

Archived