Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game is ****ing ****, ****ing match wont even load cause some xml ****!

The game is flawed anyone, nothing like football, injures ****ing happen every 5 seconds, you let in goals for no reason, corners always go out for a goal kick **** me this is ****.

No wonder SEGA WENT ****ING BANKRUPT IN THE FIRST PLACE, CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER THE TING **** THIS **** **** YOU *****.

er...anger??

Well lads/laddets!

I'm just after buying the game and I've come across a problem.

I have it installed under the uniclic or whatever but when i put in my key (in upper case)

the same reply keeps coming up

"we are unable to process your unlock request. Error: [-703]

What's the problem? I was looking through previous posts and can't find an answer.

Any help,will be much appreciated!!

Please

Have you got any custom graphics located in your FM 09 directory?

I don't have it. what should I do? If I had the custom graphics will it be work? I already tried to re-install the FM and install the Direct SDK and the patch too but it is still not working. Why this happen? when i install my FM on my friend PC it can work but not in my computer although my friend have integrated VGA and only have 1 GB memory.

EVERYONE WITH -1/-10 ERROR

be sure you have disabled firewall.Especially COMODO. You must DISABLE it fromk system tray

icon. Don't just close it, it keeps working underground and blocks the activation.

Finally after one month of trying I can play FM :):):)

Good luck to the rest of you!!!

computer is brand new everything is the proper spec for FM09..had no trouble loading the game its just when i start up a new game i go about a week into it and i will click on some randon item such as club info and it freezes nd the last few games i get to game day nd freezes.why have they changed the game so much:confused:

Have you installed the v9.1.0 patch? (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961)

Also, please try playing the game in 'Windowed' mode.

You can do so via Options -> Preferences -> Display & Sound -> Display Mode (drop menu).

Hi Marc,

I'm wondering if you can help I'm having trouble with the game. I have successfully installed the game but it will not run and shows the following message:-

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience. It then offers to send an error report to Microsoft.

In an attempt to resolve this issue I accessed your troubleshooting page and could not locate a problem like this I did however access a similarly named problem and upgraded a Microsoft application which also proved to be unsuccessful. I also tried to contact Si direct and have not heard anything back.

I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it but this unsuccessful and the same message appeared.

I do not know what else to do and would be grateful for any help.

Thanks,

Arthur

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2294874&postcount=3771

Well lads/laddets!

I'm just after buying the game and I've come across a problem.

I have it installed under the uniclic or whatever but when i put in my key (in upper case)

the same reply keeps coming up

"we are unable to process your unlock request. Error: [-703]

What's the problem? I was looking through previous posts and can't find an answer.

Any help,will be much appreciated!!

Please

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

ANd the other thing is that when I chnge the 0 to a o or the 1 to a I - it states that that also exists - so could it be that someone has tried entering their key and confused it with mine - could that effect anything??

That wouldn't cause any problems, no.

Refresh my memory - have you hitherto performed a complete un-install (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2295299&postcount=3785) of the game?

Dear Bardi,

The suggestion of above link is totally useless. Dont always put this link as a solution. It can't solve the problem of fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Don't pretend the suggestion of your link provided is a way to solve the problem. Did you test it is work???I can say it is totally useless.

I really feel very angry as you always always always provide the useless information to the supporters who have the problem of fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience. It is not a solution. Xxxking!!!!!!:mad:

James

Hello,

I have the fm 2009 with the patch 9.1, and I can't start a new game... when I'm creating the game the FM tells me "Crash Dumps", this appends always! I have uninstalled (totally) and installed just has he come from the factory + patch. And still tell me the same.

I don't know what to do more to play the game...

Can you help me to start a new game?

Thanks in advance

Pedro Pinto

PS: I play in windowed mode and never had enter in the editor

Dear Bardi,

The suggestion of above link is totally useless. Dont always put this link as a solution. It can't solve the problem of fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Don't pretend the suggestion of your link provided is a way to solve the problem. Did you test it is work???I can say it is totally useless.

I really feel very angry as you always always always provide the useless information to the supporters who have the problem of fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience. It is not a solution. Xxxking!!!!!!

James

I agree

SORT IT OUT SI!

Dear Bardi,

I really feel very angry as you always always always provide the useless information to the supporters who have the problem of fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience. It is not a solution. Xxxking!!!!!!:mad:

James

Hey James,

I've never claimed that the links provided at http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2294874&postcount=3771 will definitely fix the problem players, such as yourself, have been facing - I'm merely forwarding players to downloads that at best will simply increase the likelihood that they will be able to play the game, and at the very worst the problem will persist.

The "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience" prompt can occur for any number of a variety of reasons. Thus, sometimes this can be resolved if people install everything that's in the above link. Other times, in cases such as your own (and I'm sure quite a few others), I do understand this is unfortunately not the case.

Marc,

the game loads perfectly and everything is fine until it comes to my first match, and as soon as i try to make a substitution the game crashes and a message comes up saying that a file has been created in the fm09 folder. this folder is a crash dumps folder and the files that are in there all read "FM 2009 v9.1.0.26064". after that comes up, the game automatically shut it's self down

I have this problem as well ..i posted a ticket for support , but no answer yet , not even an eamil , confirm they receved it. :( ..disapointed in sigames. :(

I have this problem as well ..i posted a ticket for support , but no answer yet , not even an eamil , confirm they receved it. :( ..disapointed in sigames. :(

You may want to try playing in 'Windowed' mode.

That can be achieved via Options -> Preferences -> Display & Sound -> Display Mode (drop menu).

Thanks but I was unsuccessful, emailed unclic, got no reply, is there something specific i have to send them?

Thanks again

I would imagine you'll need to describe your problem, and, maybe, provide your activation key too.

You can also get help talking to or mailing Sega's Customer Services at

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK.

Hi bardi. My game still won't play, loaded game or a new game, the same error comes up. The error is, "A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in: D101GY1J/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/crash dumps". I tried to play in windowed mode but it didnt work. Thanks

Hi bardi. My game still won't play, loaded game or a new game, the same error comes up. The error is, "A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in: D101GY1J/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/crash dumps". I tried to play in windowed mode but it didnt work. Thanks

Hey RFC_Dan_9,

I'm sorry to read that.

Could you remind me and answer if you've attempted a manual complete 100% uninstall of the game yet?

Details on how can be found at http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2295299&postcount=3785.

Have you used the editor?

No I havent done a complete manual uninstall, wot does this mean.

Gavin Zac, I havent used the editor, i don't know how to.

Just follow the instructions listed at http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2295299&postcount=3785.

What this will ensure is the removal of ALL FM 09 related content from your PC - simply running the un-installer leaves certain files behind.

After enquring on the SI Community Forums into why i am unable to set my game as to going on holiday i was subsequently banned from these forums for FM Piracy without warning despite owning a Genuine version of the game!, I find these allegations very offensive as i even posted a screen shot of my troubles.

Now when i first started the game the problem that first came to my attention was the fact i was unable to Search for a player after selecting which attributes i required (e.g Age, Position...), This problem was rectified when i changed to a different skin but then i uncovered the "Go On Holiday" issue which is still there despite changing skins and In My Opinion it ruins the Football Manager experience.

So first of all i am asking if there is anyway possible to solving this issue?

Then second of all whether it would be an idea to send my version of the game back to SI to investigate the problem for themselves?...

After enquring on the SI Community Forums into why i am unable to set my game as to going on holiday i was subsequently banned from these forums for FM Piracy without warning despite owning a Genuine version of the game!, I find these allegations very offensive as i even posted a screen shot of my troubles.

Now when i first started the game the problem that first came to my attention was the fact i was unable to Search for a player after selecting which attributes i required (e.g Age, Position...), This problem was rectified when i changed to a different skin but then i uncovered the "Go On Holiday" issue which is still there despite changing skins and In My Opinion it ruins the Football Manager experience.

So first of all i am asking if there is anyway possible to solving this issue?

Then second of all whether it would be an idea to send my version of the game back to SI to investigate the problem for themselves?...

Send a pkm of your savegame to the SI Bugs team. If you do, you'll be the first person to provide evidence that this happens in genuine uncracked versions of the game.

Hello, i'm in need of some assistance.

I'm from Zimbabwe, I manged to get the game brought out from the UK recently and am not enjoying trying to get it working. I'm new to FM, this is my first game in the series. I'm not a computer wizard and I'm having a bit of trouble installing the game.

It installs perfectly off the disc and I get abut I get the " Congratulations! Football Manger has been..." but after that I have trouble. When I attempt to launch the game I get "fm.exe-Application error [The application failed to initialize properly(Oxc150002). Click on OK to terminate the appliacation]"

I assume I must activate it first? But I can't seem to do that. I do not have broadband and am forced to use a very slow dial-up connection.

I've tried using steam for hours (I'm not looking forward to my phone bill) and I can't seem to get anywhere with it. It loads about 10 % or so then goes back to zero and restarts, the longer I stay on the further it gets. At the moment it reaches about 50% then goes back to zero, then restarts from 30ish and continues. Getting closer and closer to 100% each time and restarting further along aswell. But I can't keep doing this, its been hours and I can't afford to stay connected for long periods. I assume my problem with Steam is down to my poor internet connection and not a fault with the game.

As a result I have tried using the off-line fixes as the game updates are not important to me, I just wish to play.

I have attempted to use fixv2 and fixv3 but neither worked. They are either missing files or some of the files fail to open. Is there another fix I can try? I was more successful with fixv3 than fixv2 but ran into trouble when attempting to open the Run file as the instructions suggested. I got this error message : "RunMe.exe - Application Error The application failed to initalize properly (Oxc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application".

I identified this sort of error in one of the earlier threads:

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

However the file I am told to download is huge! 22 mbs! That would take me days. Is there anything else I can try? At a stretch I could download 5mbs, maybe if I really try 10mbs, but that is really as much as I am able to download and would really prefer not to have to.

I'd even prefer trying to contact a call centre and activating it by phone but again that is not ideal as such a call would be very expensive for me. Is it a problem with activating or is this Dot.Net framework the thing? I'm clueless, and getting frustrated. I only have elecrticty for a limited number of hours a day and I seem to be spending all of that time trying to get the game working.

Please help! :S

That wouldn't cause any problems, no.

Refresh my memory - have you hitherto performed a complete un-install (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2295299&postcount=3785) of the game?

Yes I have and I have just gone through it again - and tried to install thorugh steam - it loads the game and then when I look to launch it it prompts me with my key and then I continue to the next page and then the SoftAnchor screen pops up again

You know, if people in other industries ****ed up this bad, they would be sacked, without question.

I can't be the only one that feels like the FM 'Testers' should actually take themselves out of a job. You are paid a wage to test a game, and yet it goes on release with such ****ing bugs as to render the game completely unplayable. Presumably when you were supposed to be testing the game, you were instead sitting around having paper clip fights to pass the hours and just assuming everything was fine.

Honestly, I really think you should all resign and then go on a world tour to every single person in the world who bought FM 09 and apologise to their faces.

Also, the idiot who is mindlessly defending SI by saying 'instead of going on rants, why not listen - the patch will be out soon' - kindly explain why that makes up for the completely broken game that has gone on general release already?

I'd love to hear one of the SI staff's justification for their complete failure.

hello,

this may be a stupid question but ill go for it anyway.

I have been playin fm09 on my work laptop, with no problems at all with the game, but now that my personal laptop is working again i would like to install and play the game on it. This is where the problem begins. Because my game is activated on a laptop can i not play it on another one?

the game is installed(using stream) on my personal laptop but when i go to play it the problem that comes up is :

"Windows cannot access the specified device,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

Not that big a problem, it is just annoying because on my work laptop the game runs very slowly which it wont on my other one!!

Thanks to anyone that can help in advance.

Barry :)

hello,

this may be a stupid question but ill go for it anyway.

I have been playin fm09 on my work laptop, with no problems at all with the game, but now that my personal laptop is working again i would like to install and play the game on it. This is where the problem begins. Because my game is activated on a laptop can i not play it on another one?

the game is installed(using stream) on my personal laptop but when i go to play it the problem that comes up is :

"Windows cannot access the specified device,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

Not that big a problem, it is just annoying because on my work laptop the game runs very slowly which it wont on my other one!!

Thanks to anyone that can help in advance.

Barry :)

That's not a problem with activation anyway - you're allowed to install on 5 different computers, so you should be fine. What it sounds like, however, is that when you installed Steam on your laptop, you did so as an administrator? So now your normal Windows account can't use it. Do you think that might have happened?

I have installed the game via Steam ... when I launch the game, I get a SI has encountered a problem and is closing error, it has been reinstalled 3 times with the same error - any ideas?

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Marc, I tried this. However, when I tried to install in says:

This product is not supported on a 64-bit operating system. What should I do then? I have pasted the exact error in red below. Please have look. I know you are busy, but I hope to a have solution. Thanks.

Description

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.1.0.26064

Application Timestamp: 491c4c05

Hang Signature: e62e

Hang Type: 2048

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 18441

Additional Hang Signature 1: 642b7ad4816772e0fa1bb1f92efc6e48

Additional Hang Signature 2: 4775

Additional Hang Signature 3: 1efd3a2c1591a4ce44aad6d28b13cb90

Additional Hang Signature 4: e62e

Additional Hang Signature 5: 642b7ad4816772e0fa1bb1f92efc6e48

Additional Hang Signature 6: 4775

Additional Hang Signature 7: 1efd3a2c1591a4ce44aad6d28b13cb90

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 381778547

Marc, I tried this. However, when I tried to install in says:

This product is not supported on a 64-bit operating system. What should I do then? I have pasted the exact error in red below. Please have look. I know you are busy, but I hope to a have solution. Thanks.

Description

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.1.0.26064

Application Timestamp: 491c4c05

Hang Signature: e62e

Hang Type: 2048

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 18441

Additional Hang Signature 1: 642b7ad4816772e0fa1bb1f92efc6e48

Additional Hang Signature 2: 4775

Additional Hang Signature 3: 1efd3a2c1591a4ce44aad6d28b13cb90

Additional Hang Signature 4: e62e

Additional Hang Signature 5: 642b7ad4816772e0fa1bb1f92efc6e48

Additional Hang Signature 6: 4775

Additional Hang Signature 7: 1efd3a2c1591a4ce44aad6d28b13cb90

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 381778547

There's a version of the same Framework for 64-bit systems. You should be able to find it pretty easily on the Microsoft website

i'm sorry if this has been posted before, but i'm too lazy to look through all the pages.

i just finished my first season; when i press continue, the game crashes and it says it encountered a serious error and the application must close and that it generated a file in the crash dumps folder:

FM 2009 v.9.1.0.26064

i'm sorry if this has been posted before, but i'm too lazy to look through all the pages.

i just finished my first season; when i press continue, the game crashes and it says it encountered a serious error and the application must close and that it generated a file in the crash dumps folder:

FM 2009 v.9.1.0.26064

Are you running any leagues in Italy?

yes, i am managing juventus

There's a problem with the Serie C cup, that's causing the game to stop there for some ('some' is important, strangely the same thing doesn't happen to everyone) people. I guess you're sort of fortunate in that the problem has been fixed and will be rectified by the patch that is due out in the next few days - some people ran into the problem the first day the game came out and haven't been able to continue since :(

So all you can do really is save the game and sit it out for a few days. Or maybe spend July 24th browsing all the free talent looking for any signs of a bargain :)

There's a problem with the Serie C cup, that's causing the game to stop there for some ('some' is important, strangely the same thing doesn't happen to everyone) people. I guess you're sort of fortunate in that the problem has been fixed and will be rectified by the patch that is due out in the next few days - some people ran into the problem the first day the game came out and haven't been able to continue since :(

So all you can do really is save the game and sit it out for a few days. Or maybe spend July 24th browsing all the free talent looking for any signs of a bargain :)

Oh, thanks for your help ( and advice ) :)

Archived