Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
George,

Seen your other post detailing when your game crashes (booting up).

Have you attempted a full clean manual un-install?

You can find the instructions listed on http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2295299&postcount=3785.

Yes bardi.. I have re-installed the game and tried again and done what that thread has asked, but whenever I click on my fm.exe I still get the 'APPCRASH ntdll.dll' error message. Any other Ideas ?

It was working fine a day ago and all I have done is installed iTunes :(

George,

Did the potential resolutions recommended to you on http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=91962&highlight=ntdll.dll not work?

I have tried all of the suggested resoloutions apart from 'repairing windows vista' - which i dont particurly want to do seeing as it is just one .dll file which seems to have the problem.

But I guess I have no choice... right ?

I have tried all of the suggested resoloutions apart from 'repairing windows vista' - which i dont particurly want to do seeing as it is just one .dll file which seems to have the problem.

But I guess I have no choice... right ?

If the only thing changed between your last successful run of the game and now is an install of iTunes, you may want to uninstall it, and see if that makes any difference.

Additionally, maybe try re-installing the game using Steam.

If the only thing changed between your last successful run of the game and now is an install of iTunes, you may want to uninstall it, and see if that makes any difference.

Additionally, maybe try re-installing the game using Steam.

Thanks Bardi I will give it a shot and report back.

To be honest, I would rather stay clear of steam, I dont like the idea of installing additional software to run a game... It was working perfectly ok with the unlioc option a day ago... so I will give un-installing iTunes/quicktime/repairing windows and report back with my findings.

thanks for all your help!

for those of u with fm.exe error i jus intsalled the game via steam and ran the game without the disc in dvd drive and seems to be working ok now!

also b4 i was useing my hdtv as a monitor my new monitor was delivered today which im now useing im not sure if dat would hav made a difference or not!

will report back if i get any problems

for those of u with fm.exe error i jus intsalled the game via steam and ran the game without the disc in dvd drive and seems to be working ok now!

also b4 i was useing my hdtv as a monitor my new monitor was delivered today which im now useing im not sure if dat would hav made a difference or not!

That interesting as I have the same problem, reloading has not helped, but my monitor is a touch screen HP.

I was playing FM then suddenly my laptop turned itself off. then after a couple of hours i started to play FM again but a message comes saying:

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml" then it says "save game cannot be loaded".

is there anyway i can get the save game working?

That interesting as I have the same problem, reloading has not helped, but my monitor is a touch screen HP.

i have played the for a few hours now restarted it with and without the disk and everything seems fine, so ur problem could be linked to your monitor any of the si team able to confirm this?

Hi iv got a problem with loading up fm09 i have read through all the pages on the forum and have sent private messages to members of the SI team and have yet to have any reply. I have posted on the forum and bardi asked me to post my dxdiag on there which i have done and have yet to hear back either so please could somebody help with my problem?

When i first installed fm09, after the instalation was complete the following message came up, when it was trying to lauch the game

“FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”.

I followed your links and downloaded the appropriate microsoft framework update along with the direct x update and other updates posted on the forums. I unistalled the game and reinstalled it. This time after instalation, the game tried to launch and went to softanchor where i had to input the product key code. I did this successfully and was told that the registration of the game for my computer was done.

However now when i try to launch the game nothing happens. The fm09 disc is recognised in my disc drive but the game won't launch. Please help.

I know there are lots of people with problems but if somebody can help it would be much appreciated since i have had the game since the launch date and have yet to play it. I also cant return it because the months return date has run out!

Many thanks in advance

i have played the for a few hours now restarted it with and without the disk and everything seems fine, so ur problem could be linked to your monitor any of the si team able to confirm this?

Thanks for info, any chance you could re-connect to HDTV and confirm if game runs or not.

I am total at an end now.

Thanks for info, any chance you could re-connect to HDTV and confirm if game runs or not.

I am total at an end now.

hav jus tried running game back on my hd tv and seems to work fine as to y i started to work i hav no idea the only thing i did different was to run the game via steam with no cd inserted but i hav cd in now and is still working so not sure what happened to make it work

Thanks Bardi I will give it a shot and report back.

To be honest, I would rather stay clear of steam, I dont like the idea of installing additional software to run a game... It was working perfectly ok with the unlioc option a day ago... so I will give un-installing iTunes/quicktime/repairing windows and report back with my findings.

thanks for all your help!

A repair of windows done the job for the APPCRASH ntdll.dll error if anyone needs to know! I CAN PLAY AGAIN! :eek:

hav jus tried running game back on my hd tv and seems to work fine as to y i started to work i hav no idea the only thing i did different was to run the game via steam with no cd inserted but i hav cd in now and is still working so not sure what happened to make it work

Thanks for Info

I was playing FM then suddenly my laptop turned itself off. then after a couple of hours i started to play FM again but a message comes saying:

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml" then it says "save game cannot be loaded".

is there anyway i can get the save game working?

The following applies to your problem and is a potential workaround:

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml"

The game says it cannot be loaded

This can sometimes be resolved it by defragmenting the hard drive.

Open and run Disk Defragmenter by doing the following:

Windows XP

1: Click “Start”

2: Click “My Computer”

3: Right Click the local Disk that contains the FM2009 installation.

4: Go to “Tools”

5: Click “Defragment Now”

6: Click “Anylise”

7: Click “Report” – Check to see if the saved game that is not loading is listed as having missing fragments.

If it does have missing fragments then move the save to an external source (USB Memory Key, External Hard Drive) and try loading the game fro there. If the game works from the external source then running a full Defrag on the Drive should allow you to load it again. If not then your game is probably corrupted.

Windows Vista

1: Click “Start”

2: Click “Computer”

3: Right Click the local Disk that contains the FM2009 installation.

4: Select “Preferences”

5: Select “Tools”

6: Select “Check Disk”

7: Select “Start”

If the Save Game was showing any missing fragments then try to load the game again as Check Disk would have attempted to fix the problem. If that does not work follow the steps from Windows XP. Copy the file to an external source and attempt to run it from there. If successful defrag the Hard Disk and then try again.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64821

Hi iv got a problem with loading up fm09 i have read through all the pages on the forum and have sent private messages to members of the SI team and have yet to have any reply. I have posted on the forum and bardi asked me to post my dxdiag on there which i have done and have yet to hear back either so please could somebody help with my problem?

When i first installed fm09, after the instalation was complete the following message came up, when it was trying to lauch the game

“FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”.

I followed your links and downloaded the appropriate microsoft framework update along with the direct x update and other updates posted on the forums. I unistalled the game and reinstalled it. This time after instalation, the game tried to launch and went to softanchor where i had to input the product key code. I did this successfully and was told that the registration of the game for my computer was done.

However now when i try to launch the game nothing happens. The fm09 disc is recognised in my disc drive but the game won't launch. Please help.

I know there are lots of people with problems but if somebody can help it would be much appreciated since i have had the game since the launch date and have yet to play it. I also cant return it because the months return date has run out!

Many thanks in advance

My apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

I've re-checked the DXDIAG information you had originally posted - may I ask if I requested/forwarded you to update your graphic drivers? If not, they're found at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2301&DwnldID=16835&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Professional〈=eng.

Hi

I've installed the game and it starts up fine. It was fine for a while but then I tried to load it once but there was an error.

Now I tried deleting the game and reinstalling it but now after starting a new game it goes through it all like finding manager targets etc, but once all that is done it comes up with an xml parsing error before i can do anything and it closes.

Please help!!

btw i've tried resetting preferances but still nothing

Hi

I've installed the game and it starts up fine. It was fine for a while but then I tried to load it once but there was an error.

Now I tried deleting the game and reinstalling it but now after starting a new game it goes through it all like finding manager targets etc, but once all that is done it comes up with an xml parsing error before i can do anything and it closes.

Please help!!

You tried deleting your cache folder?

Hello,

tried scanning through the forum but its too full to look properly!

i am running in windowed mode as it locks up if i dont. every time i try to go into a game i hear the start of the crowd but the screen stays black (can flick out of windowed mode, but stays black) vista then says the game has stopped working (no error code that i can spot)

its a clean install for a new laptop which is more than adequate for the game with the latest drivers and Java.

any fix for this available? or am i to wait till the next patch?

Some people (including me) have had this issue when running on vista, but we have found if you leave it 30 seconds the game comes back to life.

Try right click on fm icon, select properties, goto compatability tab tick run in compatability mode for and make sure win xp sp2 is ticked. It worked for me!

I can't seem to find an answer to my question in the search so I'll try here. I created a 9.1 database and have steam that has updated to 9.2 (and also have Worldwide Soccer Manager if that makes a difference). I was having problems with the game freezing my entire computer and defragmented in steam and re-entered my activation code. Now any time I try to load the game, I get : "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of database_location.xml" and the game won't run. Any ideas?

Some people (including me) have had this issue when running on vista, but we have found if you leave it 30 seconds the game comes back to life.

Try right click on fm icon, select properties, goto compatability tab tick run in compatability mode for and make sure win xp sp2 is ticked. It worked for me!

thanks for the advice but alas still doesn't work i get

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, but has succesfully recovered"

the game runs in the backgroung but screen stays completely black and occassionlly flickers to a full screen of black instead of windowed black :(

my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT btw and have 4GB RAM with 2*2.26GHz CPU

anyone else have an idea of a possible solution??

Hi guys,

ive been playing fm09 since i got it for christmas, its been working fine till now. Halfway through a game i got an XML parsing error - "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of highlights.xml "and another saying "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of speed.xml"

Ive uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but that didnt work, i think did the reset preferences thing but that didnt work. Can any one help?

cheers

Hi guys,

ive been playing fm09 since i got it for christmas, its been working fine till now. Halfway through a game i got an XML parsing error - "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of highlights.xml "and another saying "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of speed.xml"

Ive uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but that didnt work, i think did the reset preferences thing but that didnt work. Can any one help?

cheers

You cleared the cache?

Have carried out full uninstall, removed certificates etc.

Re-install the game, down loaded patch 2.

Now receice HOST PROCESS RUN DLL32 ERROR.

Anybody any ideas? It would be much appreciated.

I would love to be playing the game by the weekend?

Note: did not state which weekend, but prefered year is 09.

Cheers

I have a crash dump error! keeps happening at random times, i dont have seria c running, so it isnt that, i have the latest patch and dont know what to do!!!!!

Bradley, you have already requested this information in another post and moderators are helpping you, why repost here?

brayley, be patient. Your thread is right at the top of the page, there is no need to keep bumping your thread.

Have you patched your game?

any one had this problem. after you have installed fm via steam and got it working' date=' suddenly out of the blue when you goto load the game up it says game is unavailable?

any one know whay this is and how to fix it?[/quote']

Could you try re-installing the game via Steam?

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest you try re-installing the game via Uniloc and not Steam.

Hi,

I am trying to load fm2009 on to my new dell inspiron laptop and am having no joy at all, it won't even autorun or load manually when i explore the contents of the disc and click setup - all that happens is a black box appears with F:setup.exe in it then that disappears and nothing else happens. I previously loaded this game on to my old laptop and it worked fine. My new laptop is above the rec spec required and does load other games/dvds.

Is there any advice/help you could offer me??

Hi

Please help!!

As jod123 has suggested, you may want to delete your cache:

How to delete your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : "C: Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64821

Hi,

I am trying to load fm2009 on to my new dell inspiron laptop and am having no joy at all, it won't even autorun or load manually when i explore the contents of the disc and click setup - all that happens is a black box appears with F:setup.exe in it then that disappears and nothing else happens. I previously loaded this game on to my old laptop and it worked fine. My new laptop is above the rec spec required and does load other games/dvds.

Is there any advice/help you could offer me??

Try downloading/installing/activating the game via Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Hi Bardi, thanks

Would that mean buying the game again? I have the game on disc and it is not working. I got it on release day and loaded it fine but got a new laptop yesterday and it won't recognise it.

No, it wouldn't. You can use the activation key on the back of your purchased copy's manual to activate the game when prompted for it in Steam.

No, it wouldn't. You can use the activation key on the back of your purchased copy's manual to activate the game when prompted for it in Steam.

If you could be patient with me i'll explain,

When i put the disc in, nothing happens no prompts anwhere (vista or steam) - if i try to manually set it up nothing happens - There is no record of this game on my steam page and when i try the activate button steam is telling me its already activated (my previous laptop which is u/s i guess). I really am at a loss and this game is the main reason i bought the laptop:mad:.

I have had no reply from Sega or SI as yet and hoped someone here would possibly point me in the right direction i.e an idiots guide on how to load etc?

Thanks for your time,

If you could be patient with me i'll explain,

When i put the disc in, nothing happens no prompts anwhere (vista or steam) - if i try to manually set it up nothing happens - There is no record of this game on my steam page and when i try the activate button steam is telling me its already activated (my previous laptop which is u/s i guess). I really am at a loss and this game is the main reason i bought the laptop:mad:.

I have had no reply from Sega or SI as yet and hoped someone here would possibly point me in the right direction i.e an idiots guide on how to load etc?

Thanks for your time,

So, correct me if I'm wrong when I say 'Football Manager 2009' is listed in your 'My Games' tab in Steam?

Archived