Known issues and solutions - FAQ

I am currently having problems loading my fm2009 game, it always comes up with the message saying si activator stopped working, with the following error messages

roblem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.2.0.30301

Application Timestamp: 494a4b55

Fault Module Name: fm.exe

Fault Module Version: 9.2.0.30301

Fault Module Timestamp: 494a4b55

Exception Offset: 00f27d8c

Exception Code: c000000d

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: a1c6

Additional Information 2: 481da21a7a0013167df884268e77557e

Additional Information 3: 1717

Additional Information 4: d69e0d1957922a92347d0af32bc0a4de

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am currently having problems loading my fm2009 game, it always comes up with the message saying si activator stopped working, with the following error messages

roblem signature:

Please follow the first step outlined in http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2597825&postcount=4600.

I know of one (un-related) recent case were a user, who was successfully playing the game only for it to suddenly stop working, tried pretty much everything to get it to work again but to no avail. As a last ditch attempt to resolve the issue, he performed a re-install of Windows, and the game did start working again.

I'm not suggesting you will share the same luck as him, but if you have tried every possible workaround, but have still not given up and are willing to go through the hassle of re-installing Windows even to get this fixed, then I would recommend it.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Format fixed it.

roblem signature:

i've read almost 20 pages here and i didnt find answer for my problem.

when i try to run my fm 09 i get error by windows

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00c01966

i have .net framework, latest graphic drivers, 9.0c dx, latest java, latest patch xp sp3. all win updates installed..

the most strange thing is that fm worked fine before i formated c drive. any help pls?

thank you in advance

roblem signature:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2599459&postcount=4602

i've read almost 20 pages here and i didnt find answer for my problem.

when i try to run my fm 09 i get error by windows

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00c01966

i have .net framework, latest graphic drivers, 9.0c dx, latest java, latest patch xp sp3. all win updates installed..

the most strange thing is that fm worked fine before i formated c drive. any help pls?

thank you in advance

Please download the 9.2.0 patch found at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=82282.

When i run the editor i get a message saying failed to start due to application configeration is incorrect and to re install program have done this several times have found postings for same problem but no answers please help

Please download and install http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en and see if that resolves your problem - it should do.

it didnt help. same error.

I know you've said you've downloaded numerous files, but could you please confirm again that you've downloaded:

1. The Microsoft DirectX SDK (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en)

2. The latest Microsoft .NET framework (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2294041&postcount=3758)

Please visit both urls to make sure you have (especially the second url).

I know you've said you've downloaded numerous files, but could you please confirm again that you've downloaded:

1. The Microsoft DirectX SDK (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en)

2. The latest Microsoft .NET framework (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2294041&postcount=3758)

Please visit both urls to make sure you have (especially the second url).

why should i use sdk? dont tell me that i need linux, eclipse or something more to play fm?

i didnt have sdk before and fm 09 worked well and i had same net framework i use now cause i have it on asus vga drivers cd.

why should i use sdk? dont tell me that i need linux, eclipse or something more to play fm?

i didnt have sdk before and fm 09 worked well and i had same net framework i use now cause i have it on asus vga drivers cd.

People who have experienced problems running the game such as yourself have worked around it by downloading/installing the files I had linked to. They're both pain-free installations.

Hello.

I've had numerous problems when trying to activate the game through steam, even the program fixv3.

I've tried customer support, but they haven't responded yet. And I thought, maybe you guys know the answer. Here are a few screenshots with the errors I get when trying to activate.

My system is vista ultimate 64bit(86x?)

first off.. Whenever I try to activate the normal way, this "error" pops up.

steamactivationnw3.jpg

This is when trying to activate it manually through the fixv3 program that I downloaded from the support section.

activation1iq8.jpg

This is what happens AFTER I have tried to activate the game on phone. Yes, I've tried it two times.

activationphonedp2.jpg

It's getting kinda annoying. Is it Vista 64 that is giving me problems? is it .net framework? Vista is fully updated.

This is written under DETAILS when the fixv3 error pops up:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

at FileActivator.saDLL.InitSA()

at FileActivator.Form1.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FileActivator

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/sverre/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.326/RunMe.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Windows XP Home SP3.

I am having problems with Fm09, I installed it via Steam and it was working fine (Patch 9.0.2), but last weekend it wouldn't launch. The FM.exe would run, but the game wouldn't launch.

After a few re-installs, it worked on the Monday (I'm guessing the Steam servers went down or something) and had since. This evening it happened again so I have re-installed it without steam, but when I launch (after patching to 9.0.2) the FM.exe launches but the game doesn't!

What is going on? How can I run the game now?

just installed windows 7 a few days ago. I installed the game via steam, and now when i got to launch it, it comes up with the box which says preparing to launch Football Manager 2009, then that dissapears and nothing happens, any ideas? Does it just not run on Windows 7, or is something else wrong?

just installed windows 7 a few days ago. I installed the game via steam, and now when i got to launch it, it comes up with the box which says preparing to launch Football Manager 2009, then that dissapears and nothing happens, any ideas? Does it just not run on Windows 7, or is something else wrong?

I think I read somewhere that people have got it running on 7, can't seem to find the thread though. Can you run it in compatibility mode for Vista? Is that an option?

I have just installed the game and run the downloadable licence key fix, which told me that the key was OK and I should try to run the game. OK.

But whenever I try to run the game I just receive the error message fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. This is it. No error message or anything!

What problem could I have?

Hi,

Have been playing the game since release day, via steam and now whenever I try to boot up the game it shows the warchild & sega screens. Then the screen stays blank and no message appears to explain the error, i have tried a full re-install (having to redownload the game as well) :(, could you please help as i have a rather addictive save that is in the year 2011 and it would be lovely to be able to play it again!

Cheers

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

Hi was hoping for some advise on 3d mode. hope im in the right place.

I have up to date directx and good enough graphics but when in 3d mode players are all in 2d mode and at an angel.please can someone shed some light into whats giong on.??

cheers.

The past couple of days, I haven't been able to activate FM09 via Uniloc at all. When I've typed my key in and clicked on the activate button, the activation software crashes with an error message saying there's a problem with fm.exe. The same happened when I tried to use the offline activation fix, but that had an error with activator.dll. I checked out the Deactivation website and saw that I had a seat taken, even though I deactivated it when I uninstalled the game a few days before.

I can only guess that there's a problem with Uniloc, which is causing my game not to activate, and which could have caused my previous seat to not be deactivated.

I have since successfully installed on the same machine with Steam, but it would be great if anyone from SI/Sega could check these problems out as I might not be the only one suffering this.

Edit: OK, scratch that, it won't let me activate via Steam now either. Thought it had all been done, but when I go to run the game, an error message comes up saying there's a problem with activator.exe. Looks like I can't play it all now. :(

The past couple of days, I haven't been able to activate FM09 via Uniloc at all. When I've typed my key in and clicked on the activate button, the activation software crashes with an error message saying there's a problem with fm.exe. The same happened when I tried to use the offline activation fix, but that had an error with activator.dll. I checked out the Deactivation website and saw that I had a seat taken, even though I deactivated it when I uninstalled the game a few days before.

I can only guess that there's a problem with Uniloc, which is causing my game not to activate, and which could have caused my previous seat to not be deactivated.

I have since successfully installed on the same machine with Steam, but it would be great if anyone from SI/Sega could check these problems out as I might not be the only one suffering this.

Edit: OK, scratch that, it won't let me activate via Steam now either. Thought it had all been done, but when I go to run the game, an error message comes up saying there's a problem with activator.exe. Looks like I can't play it all now. :(

Suzie, so Steam did not solve the problem either then?

Have you tried doing a complete clean reinstall of FM including removing the registry entries and hidden files and folders as well as all folders regarding FM on your hard drive?

Suzie, so Steam did not solve the problem either then?

Have you tried doing a complete clean reinstall of FM including removing the registry entries and hidden files and folders as well as all folders regarding FM on your hard drive?

I'll keep any further correspondence in here from now on, to save confusion.

Steam asked me for the activation key, and said that I would be asked for it again when I launch the game. It gave me the option to copy the key from the clipboard, which I did, and then I clicked continue. Then it crashed with activator.exe having an error. It then loaded up the Uniloc program, which of course also failed.

I suspect it's the seat which had not been deactivated properly by Uniloc, and which still can't via the deactivation site ("Unable to deactivate" it says), which is causing a conflict.

And yes, as mentioned in the other thread, it was always installed on a fresh computer install (via saved hard disk image), so there had been no previous trace of FM anywhere.

Sorry I responded in the other thread before I saw this.

As I said in the other thread though, I cannot help you any more as I don't have a clue how to solve it. What you said sounds like it could be the problem.

Hopefully somebody from SI/Sega can solve the problem for you.

Let me know if/when you get it solved. :thup:

Hi all....been buying FM now for about 4/5 years...since the split with CM.

I always give the game 2/3 months before buying,to give all the usual problems time to sort themselves out.

Now..i've bought the game i have a problem,which has been mentioned early on during this forum.I havent got the time to read 47 pages of replies so can anyone help with a quick solution.

I loaded the game as usual...and thought everything was aok.

then i got the message about the graphics....found out about the addtional download(DXsdk)...which i downloaded...but have had no luck since.

The only thing that appears when i click on the FM symbol is a symbol sort of thing in the corner of a black screen.then absolutely nothing....

Have i missed something?....is there something else i have to download?

This really is a bad piece of marketing if you have to keep downloading items just to get a game going...

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

At the top of the screen you should see links. Depending on whether you have Worldwide Soccer Manager, Football Manager, PC, Mac you need to download the right one. You want the 9.2.0 patch though. It will fix bugs in the game and things like that. If you need any more help just let me know. :)

I've uninstalled the game now...shall i re install it 1st ?

then...do i download just that patch...bcoz i've got rid of the directx download too.

Basically..i'm back to square 1...so imagine i've just bought the game.

Where do i download the patch to?

Apolgies...but as i say...i'm no computer 'buff'

Hi,

I bought the game today and installed it on my Mac and it went fine. However now I want to install the 9.2.0 patch which I've downloaded from the bittorent link (is it really on 23kb? Seems low).

I'm new to Mac and I don't know where/how to install the patch. is it because the file name has the extension .dmg.torrent?

Help please

Hi,

I bought the game today and installed it on my Mac and it went fine. However now I want to install the 9.2.0 patch which I've downloaded from the bittorent link (is it really on 23kb? Seems low).

I'm new to Mac and I don't know where/how to install the patch. is it because the file name has the extension .dmg.torrent?

Help please

You haven't actually downloaded the patch yet, only the torrent. You need a BitTorrent client, such as uTorrent (http://www.utorrent.com) or if that doesn't work on Mac, google "BitTorrent Client". Once that's installed, load the dmg.torrent file into it, and it'll download the patch. Then, when the patch has downloaded, make sure FM isn't running and double click on the patch. Then you just click "Update" on the window that comes up.

Hello.

I've had numerous problems when trying to activate the game through steam, even the program fixv3.

I've tried customer support, but they haven't responded yet. And I thought, maybe you guys know the answer. Here are a few screenshots with the errors I get when trying to activate.

My system is vista ultimate 64bit(86x?)

first off.. Whenever I try to activate the normal way, this "error" pops up.

steamactivationnw3.jpg

This is when trying to activate it manually through the fixv3 program that I downloaded from the support section.

activation1iq8.jpg

This is what happens AFTER I have tried to activate the game on phone. Yes, I've tried it two times.

activationphonedp2.jpg

It's getting kinda annoying. Is it Vista 64 that is giving me problems? is it .net framework? Vista is fully updated.

This is written under DETAILS when the fixv3 error pops up:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

at FileActivator.saDLL.InitSA()

at FileActivator.Form1.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

FileActivator

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/sverre/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.326/RunMe.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

No help? :(

SEGA support have just ignored me..

It's abit frustrating to not be able to play the game, and especially to not get further answer from support.

Btw, can you all see the screenshots/images I linked to in the previous post?

Sverre, in the 1st screenshot you had steam and uniloc open at the same time. It seems it was installed with Steam then you are trying to activate it with uniloc. You followed everything in the opening post of this thread to the letter?

I read this.... but

I installed through Steam and cannot start the game or create a shortcut, or running without Steam being active

Fix: If installed via Steam, you can find the game executable (exe) at the following location:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

If you double click this the game will launch, you can also create a shortcut to this location on your desktop.

I dont have the exe file, im on vista and it is my first time dealing with this sort of method... totally lost

Windows XP Home SP3.

I am having problems with Fm09, I installed it via Steam and it was working fine (Patch 9.0.2), but last weekend it wouldn't launch. The FM.exe would run, but the game wouldn't launch.

After a few re-installs, it worked on the Monday (I'm guessing the Steam servers went down or something) and had since. This evening it happened again so I have re-installed it without steam, but when I launch (after patching to 9.0.2) the FM.exe launches but the game doesn't!

What is going on? How can I run the game now?

Were you ever able to run the game successfully on a non-Steam install?

If not, it may be best to re-install it via Steam, but to ensure you have completed a full manual un-install (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2295299&postcount=3785).

The game isn't officially supported to run on Windows 7, let alone its beta - so, if you're having problems running the game on it, but were playing the game without any problems on XP/Vista, then I'd suggest reverting back to your previous OS to play the game.

Every time I try and play a match on the 3d match engine I get a msg saying fm.exe encounterd a problem, send or dont send, and then the game crashes. I am playing in window mode and have a nvidia gforce fx5600 graphics card, 1gb of ram and a 3.06ghz pentium 4 processor. I cant understand while it is not working. Please can someone help?

The game appears with the blue windows frame around it and wont go away. It generally works ok apart from when playing games the match engine is extremely slow.

Could you please post a screenshot?

Are you displaying the match engine in 3D? If so, have you set the detail levels to the minimum via Options -> Preferences -> Display & Sound? Have you got your graphics card's latest drivers installed?

Archived