Known issues and solutions - FAQ

ok, I cant open FM09 so how can I install and run the patch without opening FM09??

You do not need to open FM 09 to run the patch.

Where did you download the patch to? Wherever it is located, open it and then press the "Update" button. Wait till it's finished updating your game to 9.2.0. Once it has, close the patch installer and then try running FM 09.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do not need to open FM 09 to run the patch.

Where did you download the patch to? Wherever it is located, open it and then press the "Update" button. Wait till it's finished updating your game to 9.2.0. Once it has, close the patch installer and then try running FM 09.

I downloaded it to my desktop (which I told u previously), I cant open the patch because it doesnt know which program to open it with, I tried through the net and it doesnt recognise the file!

Yep, downloaded it and installed fine this time (I think I chose the wrong file 1st time)

When I open it now the message does not come up, however the PC either crashes or re-starts.

Okay - this may sound like a triviality, but could you try re-installing the game again - using Uniloc first, and, if that doesn't work, try via Steam once more.

Remember to perform a complete manual un-install as instructed to you before.

I don't have any problems with my game or anything, but I am looking for a bit of help.

I don't want to lose my save(s) through corrupt files, and so would like to make a back-up(s).

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do this. I did know, but have forgotten.

I would appreciate it if anybody could point me in the direction as to how I should do this.

Sorry if this shouldn't be posted here - I didn't want to make a whole new thread, just for it to be answered in seconds, and be a waste of space...

I don't have any problems with my game or anything, but I am looking for a bit of help.

I don't want to lose my save(s) through corrupt files, and so would like to make a back-up(s).

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do this. I did know, but have forgotten.

I would appreciate it if anybody could point me in the direction as to how I should do this.

Sorry if this shouldn't be posted here - I didn't want to make a whole new thread, just for it to be answered in seconds, and be a waste of space...

You can do so by going to Options -> Preferences.

Over there the "Auto Save Internal" (every how long game days/weeks/months/years you want the game to auto-save) and the "Auto Save Mode" (decide if you like to backup the files in a rolling X amount of files format or incrementally with each auto-save corresponding to a new file) options will help sort out the ability to back up your save games automatically throughout the course of your play.

You can do so by going to Options -> Preferences.

Over there the "Auto Save Internal" (every how long game days/weeks/months/years you want the game to auto-save) and the "Auto Save Mode" (decide if you like to backup the files in a rolling X amount of files format or incrementally with each auto-save corresponding to a new file) options will help sort out the ability to back up your save games automatically throughout the course of your play.

Ah, thanks.

I already have that done. Didn't realise it though... =\

Thanks again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by liamc

I then went to the Known issues and solutions thread and decided to work my way through that. I downloaded the fix2 file and got as far as where you double click the activator program and got this message:

This may be occuring because there's actually a newer fix available (fix3) that you can find at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue you've been facing. Please do let me know in either case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Bardi...it's got the game working but now I got problems with the Patch download. It says Windows has detected an error with it. I have tried downloading it from a few sites now!!!

Well i Kept getting crash dumps and i read about that when you get 1 of these the best thing to do is to uninstall fm and install it again. So i did this, but when i double click it on the desktop, nothing comes up. Yet when i go into my task manager it says its running confused.png Iv tried Restarting my computer and iv tried uninstalling and installing it again but to no use sad.png Please help me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by liamc

I then went to the Known issues and solutions thread and decided to work my way through that. I downloaded the fix2 file and got as far as where you double click the activator program and got this message:

This may be occuring because there's actually a newer fix available (fix3) that you can find at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue you've been facing. Please do let me know in either case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Bardi...it's got the game working but now I got problems with the Patch download. It says Windows has detected an error with it. I have tried downloading it from a few sites now!!!

You may want to download via one of the torrent options available.

Additionally, this may be of relevance to your problem..

You receive an error when trying to install the Patch - digital signature issue (Vista)

Fix:

1. Create a shortcut on the desktop to cmd.exe (if you don’t know how to see guide below)

2. Right-click on the shortcut and select Run as administrator

3. When the command window opens, type or paste the following and press ENTER:

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

4. Reboot and then try installing the driver.

Quick Guide to Creating a shortcut:

1. Right click on an empty space on the desktop to open the context menu

2. Select New

3. Select Shortcut with a left-click

4. In the location box type cmd /k Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON 5. Select Next

6. Name your shortcut and push Finish

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64821

It looks like I've provided you with the links to below before, but just in case you did not go through with installing all of them then, maybe now would be the time.

Could you also tell me what your machine's specs are? Especially RAM.

It was probably my mate on my laptop that did it before, those links don't seem to be working.

How do I find the specs?Sorry to be thick but I don't have a clue about computers.

It was probably my mate on my laptop that did it before, those links don't seem to be working.

How do I find the specs?Sorry to be thick but I don't have a clue about computers.

These links should be working..

1. Have you installed Microsoft DirectX SDK? (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en)

2. Have you updated your Microsoft .NET framework? (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2294041&postcount=3758)

3. Make sure you have your graphics card's latest drivers installed.

To get your machine's specs, you need to do the following:

How to get your Dxdiag information

Windows XP

1. Click on “Start”

2. Click on “Run”

3. In the text prompt box that appears type “dxdiag” and click ok.

4. Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your machine click “Save All Information” save this to a place you will remember.

5. Copy and past these as/where needed.

Wndows Vista

1. Click on “Start”

2. Click inside the search box

3. In the search box type “dxdiag” and click ok.

4. Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your machine click “Save All Information” save this to a place you will remember.

5. Copy and past these as/where needed.

These links should be working..

To get your machine's specs, you need to do the following:

They are today, I'll download them.Cheers.

My specs are...

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/23/2009, 14:12:19

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: FUJITSU SIEMENS

System Model: AMILO Pi 1505

BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2050 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 502MB RAM

Page File: 606MB used, 618MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

They are today, I'll download them.Cheers.

My specs are...

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/23/2009, 14:12:19

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: FUJITSU SIEMENS

System Model: AMILO Pi 1505

BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2050 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 502MB RAM

Page File: 606MB used, 618MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Could you also please provide the 'Display Devices' section of the DXDIAG? Thanks.

Could you also please provide the 'Display Devices' section of the DXDIAG? Thanks.

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® GMA 950

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_10C71734&REV_03

Display Memory: 128.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4543 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 3/23/2006 10:38:50, 45694 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: ialmnt5.sys

Mini VDD Date: 3/23/2006 10:47:06, 1166972 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-64E2-11CF-3B65-CD30A2C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x27A2

SubSys ID: 0x10C71734

Revision ID: 0x0003

Revision ID: 0x0003

Video Accel:

Deinterlace Caps: n/a

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Not Available

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

=======================================================================

You launch the game via Steam and nothing happens

Please raise a support ticket at the Valve website: https://support.steampowered.com/

Anyone else have this problem? I raised a query on the Steam site but no answer yet. And their FAQ is just a cut and paste of the one of the SI forums

You launch the game via Steam and nothing happens

Please raise a support ticket at the Valve website: https://support.steampowered.com/

Anyone else have this problem? I raised a query on the Steam site but no answer yet. And their FAQ is just a cut and paste of the one of the SI forums

It might be an idea for you to try and install the game via the Uniloc (and not Steam) installer type option.

The following error pops up when I try to use the activation tool (vista 64-bit):

http://i44.tinypic.com/28tvqms.jpg

This is what it says under details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at FileActivator.saDLL.InitSA()
at FileActivator.Form1.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FileActivator
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Bojan/Desktop/FMfix/RunMe.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hey, im having problems playin footy manager 09.

Well, since i downloaded the new updates my game wont load ???

It just sits on a black screen with a message saying loading in the bottom right hand corner and will never actually load the main menu up

can someone please help in any way ?? It just seems weird that it was working before these updates and doesnt now

Ok I have 2 problems.

On my desktop pc, I have installed game and it seems to work perfectly and the shortcut is on the screen. Yet when I go to open the shortcut I get an error, the usual "send error report" error. Any fixes for this?

On my laptop, FM seems to be causing the laptop to crash and a blue screen to appear with an error. This could be coincidence but Ive sent it to get fixed twice now, and its worked up until I install FM and play it for a few hours. Then I get constant blue screens when playing FM. Has this happened to others? Im using Vista on this computer.

Thanks

i know this topic will have been talked about loads of times but i cant stop my 2d game from stuttering. I have the game playing in windowed mode, screen minimized as much as it can be, patches downloaded etc but it still stutters. Also sometimes FM just runs unbelievably slowly! It doesnt respond to me clicking on stuff and takes ages to load stuff e.g. player search. This is really annoying as i dont know why this has happened in 09. Are there any ways to stop the stuttering and not make the game run so slow

Hi, ive had FM running for about 2 months now but it has randomly dissapeared from my desktop:confused: so i cannot open the game. I go into program files:sports interactive:football manager 2009 and it does not now give me the game it says uninstall FM 09 but it is not there in add or remove programs so i cannot uninstall it. I have also uninstalled steam because i though it might have had something to do with it but no luck:mad:

It just sits on a black screen with a message saying loading in the bottom right hand corner and will never actually load the main menu up

can someone please help in any way ?? It just seems weird that it was working before these updates and doesnt now

hiya guys i just wondered if you could help......i just installed the game on my pc but everytime i try and load it up......i get that error on screen saying........fm.exe encountered some problems and needs to close down sorry for the inconvenience i clicked details and it came up with this

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00bfbf57

........can anyone help ? ive downloads the framework and latest direct x but nothing seems to work

Re. You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’

I have worked on the above solution to this problem you gave and I still cannot activate FM09. The certificates were already OK. It worked fine on my other PC when it was alive.

Any help would be appreciated.

i know this topic will have been talked about loads of times but i cant stop my 2d game from stuttering. I have the game playing in windowed mode, screen minimized as much as it can be, patches downloaded etc but it still stutters. Also sometimes FM just runs unbelievably slowly! It doesnt respond to me clicking on stuff and takes ages to load stuff e.g. player search. This is really annoying as i dont know why this has happened in 09. Are there any ways to stop the stuttering and not make the game run so slow

Could you try disabling 'Threading', if it hasn't been disabled already.

You can do so via Options -> Preferences -> General -> Threading (checkbox).

Additionally, can you tell me how much memory (RAM) your computer boasts?

hiya guys i just wondered if you could help......i just installed the game on my pc but everytime i try and load it up......i get that error on screen saying........fm.exe encountered some problems and needs to close down sorry for the inconvenience i clicked details and it came up with this

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00bfbf57

........can anyone help ? ive downloads the framework and latest direct x but nothing seems to work

It seems as though you haven't downloaded the 9.2.0 patch?

It is available at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=82282.

I apologize if I'm repeating a problem, I couldn't really find an answer to anyone who had a similar one to me. I've had a few problems getting this program to run. Right now I'm getting the "wsm.exe has encountered a problem and has to close." message from windows. The signature is:

AppName: wsm.exe AppVer: 9.2.0.30301 ModName: wsm.exe ModVer: 9.2.0.30301 Offset: 00fffe91

I've tried cleaning up my computer [which admittedly isn't in the greatest shape] since initially getting the message with no success. I actually had the game running [albeit very slow] for a little while prior to getting the message the first time. Then I had the "Not connecting to the internet" problem with entering the key. Now this one won't seem to go away. This FM Live really seems to have a bad effect on being able to play the game.

Nonetheless, I'd greatly appreciate any help anyone could provide.

And on a side note, this is my first time getting WSM as opposed to FM, and I noticed a few differences. The main one being that the "Manager" tab is replaced with "Head Coach." I thought that was quite silly considering the title. Is that for American users who might think that Malcolm Glazer is the 'Manager' of United? Because I'd assume anyone playing this game would most likely know otherwise. Just wondering...

Re. You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’

I have worked on the above solution to this problem you gave and I still cannot activate FM09. The certificates were already OK. It worked fine on my other PC when it was alive.

Anybody help?

It's been over a week now since my problems started SI. I've had it. Help me NOW.

The following error pops up when I try to use the activation tool (vista 64-bit):

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
FileActivator
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

mscorlib
FileActivator
System.Windows.Forms
System
System.Drawing

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Is the activation tool that you're using the one found at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715?

I've seen that you have already attempted a re-install; when un-installing did you make sure it's a full un-install? If not, you can find out the steps needed to be followed below:

- Remove game from Steam

- How to complete a Manual Uninstall

To Remove the Game files follow these steps:

Windows XP

1: Open “My Computer”

2: Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

Windows Vista

1: Click “Start”

2: Click “Computer”

3: Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

If you have more than one version of the game installed (For example, you have FM2007 and FM2008 installed) and only wish to remove one then go into the Sports Interactive Folder and delete the folder of the game you wish to remove.

Next you need to remove save games and other content (your saved games are in the 'games' folder - move its content out of here if you wish to keep your saved games)

Windows XP:

1: Open “My Computer”

2: Navigate to “C:\Documents and Settings\<Name>\My Documents”

Vista:

1: Click on “Start”

2: Click on “Computer”

3: Navagate to “C:\Users\<Name>\Documents”

Look for the Sports Interactive Folder and follow the same steps for the game files.

Next remove your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

How to Delete your Registry Files

Finally you will need to edit your registry to remove information Sports Interactive stores there.

To do this follow these steps:

Windows Xp

2: Click on “Run”

3: In the text prompt box type “regedit”

4: Navigate to:

Windows Vista

2: In the Search box type “regedit”

3: Navigate to: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\

4: Delete the “Sports Interactive Ltd” Folder.

Note: Please do not tamper with anything else in this folder, your registry is very sensitive and changing something could cause your computer to malfunction.

Once all the steps above are complete your computer will be completely uninstalled.

Have you also tried re-installing via Uniloc as opposed to Steam?

1. Have you installed Microsoft DirectX SDK? (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en)

2. Have you updated your Microsoft .NET framework? (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2294041&postcount=3758)

3. Make sure you have your graphics card's latest drivers installed.

Checked a history of your posts - not quite 100% sure what solution you are referring to.

Was it the one listed at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715?

Ok I have 2 problems.

On my desktop pc, I have installed game and it seems to work perfectly and the shortcut is on the screen. Yet when I go to open the shortcut I get an error, the usual "send error report" error. Any fixes for this?

On my laptop, FM seems to be causing the laptop to crash and a blue screen to appear with an error. This could be coincidence but Ive sent it to get fixed twice now, and its worked up until I install FM and play it for a few hours. Then I get constant blue screens when playing FM. Has this happened to others? Im using Vista on this computer.

Thanks

1. Have you installed the 9.2.0 patch? (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=82282)

2. Have you installed Microsoft DirectX SDK? (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en)

3. Have you updated your Microsoft .NET framework? (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2294041&postcount=3758)

4. Make sure you have your graphics card's latest drivers installed.

Checked a history of your posts - not quite 100% sure what solution you are referring to.

Was it the one listed at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715?

It was the solution at the top of this thread from Duffy:

You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’

Fix:

1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

From here –

1) Reopen your FM2009 game

2) Enter your key into the Activation Dialog

3) Select the “Online” activation

4) Press Next

You game should activate immediately.

If you are install the certificate incorrectly, the error message will still be visible – for more help on installing correctly, please visit:

http://www.thebitguru.com/articles/13-Importing%2520a%2520Trusted%2520Root%2520Certifica tion%2520Authority%2520in%2520Windows%2520Vista/188-Installing%2520the%2520Certificate

Please note: You will require your system clock to be set correctly, failure to do so will cause an error with HTTPS. Please therefore ensure your system time and date are set correctly.

This is running the game via Steam.

Is the activation tool that you're using the one found at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715?

I've seen that you have already attempted a re-install; when un-installing did you make sure it's a full un-install? If not, you can find out the steps needed to be followed below:

Have you also tried re-installing via Uniloc as opposed to Steam?

It's that exact tool, yes. Same version (downloaded it again just now, same error).

How do I re-install via Uniloc? I bought the game on Steam.

I have tried the manual removal, didn't work.

This may sound like a trivial suggestion, but have you tried un-installing/re-installing Steam before going ahead with a new install of FM 09?

I have tried that, and hundreds of other options. I'm 99% it's something windows related, probably something requiring a reinstall. Just don't know what.

I've also tried reinstalling Java, didn't work.

I have tried that, and hundreds of other options. I'm 99% it's something windows related, probably something requiring a reinstall. Just don't know what.

I've also tried reinstalling Java, didn't work.

I know of one (un-related) recent case were a user, who was successfully playing the game only for it to suddenly stop working, tried pretty much everything to get it to work again but to no avail. As a last ditch attempt to resolve the issue, he performed a re-install of Windows, and the game did start working again.

I'm not suggesting you will share the same luck as him, but if you have tried every possible workaround, but have still not given up and are willing to go through the hassle of re-installing Windows even to get this fixed, then I would recommend it.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Please do let us know how you get on.

I know of one (un-related) recent case were a user, who was successfully playing the game only for it to suddenly stop working, tried pretty much everything to get it to work again but to no avail. As a last ditch attempt to resolve the issue, he performed a re-install of Windows, and the game did start working again.

I'm not suggesting you will share the same luck as him, but if you have tried every possible workaround, but have still not given up and are willing to go through the hassle of re-installing Windows even to get this fixed, then I would recommend it.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Yea I was sorta thinking it would come to this. I'll do a fresh install after my exams (few more days!)

Archived