JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

yeah, you'll be a big draw iacovone!!!

as for the foriegner debate, i have a large contingent of Spaniards in my squad, supplemented with a sprinkle of foreigners. i find it best to have a core of home-grown players forming a basis for the squad.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've fallen temporarily out of love with Domegliara, not so much the team, more the game in general at the moment. I've been busy, London based too, finding a flat to move into in a month. I should think I just need a week off, then I'll miss the thrill of the last minute winner!

As for the foreigner debate I'm torn. I like building a team from home-grown players plucked from lower-league football. But I also like trawling the globe for that random rough diamond. I also like to try and find players from the US's axis of evil. It depends what mood I'm in when I'm looking for a player as to where I go. I flit between them so I end up with a fairly balanced side.

my Oviedo game is on hold slightly (i've temporarily lost the real desire to play it - was just going through motions a little. It will be back though... ;) ) while i work on another save linked to this thread. Will post details once i have settled on particular challenge as quite possible i will abandon it due to not getting drawn into it.

just thought i'd explain why Los Carbayones had gone a little quiet....

Everybody seems to be in a similar place at the moment. Hopefully we'll all be back with a renewed enthusiasm that will see us all lurch towards the completion!

i know what you're saying. my Oviedo save has been my best save on FM for as long as i can remember. Maybe it's the want for trying something new - i always have trouble staying with a save because i want something new - the excitement of building something - which makes me do other things.

i WILL be back to Oviedo again real soon (i had a quick dabble Sunday night) as i am determined to complete it - i am just going to see how i fare starting in another country.......

RW Essen, Season 4, 2012-13 - German Second Division

Predicted - 17th

Finished - 12th

League Table Link

Past Positions

A decent first season in the Second Division, an exceptional one when you consider the aim was to survive from relegation. The season was a good one, and despite the inevitable fact we now lose a lot more games than we did in the lower divisions, I'm generally happy and think we've already established ourselves as a Second Division side.-

Squad

Finances

Transfers

'Team of 2012-13' (this is my team of the season, and wont always be the same as what the AI chooses).

GK - Andre Maczkowiak, 30, German

DR - Mirko Casper, 31, German

DL - Fabian Holland, 22, German

DC - Daniel Majstorovic, 36, Swedish

DC - Michael Kammermeyer, 27, German

MR - Kai Bastian Evers, 23, German

ML - Timo Nagy, 30, German

MC - Stefan Haas, 25, German

MC - Mike Wunderlich, 27, German

ST - Dragan Bogavac, 33, Montenegro

ST - Matias Fetsch, 24, German

Career History

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season League Pos Pre Cup Europe Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10 Third Division 8th 17th N/A N/A None
2010/11 Third Division 3rd 16th Qtr Finals N/A Lost in play-off semi final
2011/12 Third Division 2nd 4th Qtr Finals N/A Automatically Promoted
2012/13 Second Division 12th 17th 2nd Round N/A None
[/Code]

2009-10

2010-11

2011-12

congrats on a solid first season there Paul..... Fetsch looks a decent striker. what sort of potential does he have??

he's currently a decent second division striker according to my assistant, and I agree with that. Despite still being quite young he doesn't look like he will improve in the future, which means in the long term he doesn't really have a future at the club, but whilst we're still in the Second Division he'll probably stay here unless I receive a tempting offer.

good to hear PRDH!!

Thanks. It feels like a homecoming. Nice to see Pastore and Dalla Bona playing well again. Since last night I've dispatched Shakhtar in the UEFA Cup first knockout round to set up a challenging tie with Real Madrid (Eep!), if I beat them, I don't think there is anyone left in the draw to be scared of. I've also fought my way back up into 4th in the league, bought a couple of stonking youngsters, beaten Inter 1-0, broken my record attendance and gate receipt records and have Novello closing in on Casisa's record for all-time League appearances. I'm glad to be back!

[edit] - Just played the first leg of my tie with Real Madrid. First leg was in Madrid finished 2-1 to them, so got an away goal. Would have been even better had Schumacher not missed a penalty! Plus side was a 16 year old signed in January got the goal.

Bienvenue, hola, and welcome to Domegliara Stadium for the return leg of the Second Knockout Round of UEFA, Real Madrid lead 2-1 after the first leg but Domegliara did pick up that away goal.

For Domegliara Velardi and Heß miss out through suspension.

Kick-off

15 mins - Mariani squares to Hansen with the 'keeper nowhere, open goal, and Hansen places the ball to the left of the post beautifully, that PPM paid off. Unfortunately, the left of the post was not in the goal. He hangs his head in shame.

20 mins - Peluso steps up to take a corner, he puts it into the middle. Mariani rises above his marker and heads goalwards - the goalkeeper misses it, and Domegliara are up on away goals. 1-0 (2-2 on aggregate)

Half-time - 1-0

64 mins - Guembe receives the ball for Real Madrid in a fairly innocuous position, but as is the fashion at the moment, he manages to score an amazing long-range curling shot. 1-1 and Real Madrid are ahead again. Why do I concede so many long range efforts.

88 mins - Another corner. Dalla Bona steps up to take it. Swings it right over the crowded 6 yard box, almost goes out for a goal-kick, but Barbera (a player you are yet to be introduced to) gets up and heads it towards goal. It hits the bar. But bounces down and in. An amazing angle to score from. 2-1 (3-3) all square now with 1 minute plus time added on to go, then extra time and penalties.

Full-time - 2-1, (3-3 on aggregate) so we go to extra-time.

Real dominate the first half of extra-time but can't make anything of their pressure.

Half-time in Extra-time

108 mins - Pestana (GK) lumps the ball forward from a free-kick. Guarino (the 16-year old) chases it and, just before the opposition goalkeeper catches it, leaps and manages to get his head on it. It's a very weak header but their keeper is airborne and it sneaks past him, heading towards the corner of the net/post/just wide. It dribbles onward and just sneaks inside the post. 3-1 to Domegliara, and we lead 4-3 on aggregate.

119 mins - Real have a free-kick near the corner. They swing the ball over, and Dladla heads clear. Guarino picks it up and runs through the middle of the pitch. He spreads it left to Dalla Bona who heads for the corner flag. He gets there and realises he can whip in the cross. Peluso tries to get the shot in, but it ricochets out wide, where Guarino waits and slots home. 4-1 Domegliara and that surely must be it.

Full-time - 4-1 Domegliara and we win 5-3 on aggregate. Real Madrid fans make their way home in misery whilst the party goes on late into the night in Domegliara and it's surroundings.

Man of the Match - Filippo Guarino - 2 goals - 8.4 - a cracking performance from the 16 year old who only came on in the 77th minute.

The teams left in the competition now are:

Domegliara

Lazio

Newcastle

Paris Saint-Germain

Porto

Standard Liege

Atletico Madrid

Celtic

I'm fairly confident that over two legs I can beat any of the remaining teams if I play properly so fingers crossed!

The draw has been made.

I face Paris Saint-Germain in the Quarter Final, and in the Semi-Final I take on the winner of the match between Porto and Standard Liege.

First leg against PSG

Domegliara take advantage of having the home leg first to put themselves in a commanding position. With them set to take a 3-0 lead to France.

And so Il Nuovi Rossneri get on the plane and head to Paris sitting on a 3-0 lead after the first leg. However Hansen isn't travelling with the rest of the squad, instead he's staying at home getting treatment for a sprained ankle, Pastore is a long term absentee so Guarino (the 16 year old who beat Real Madrid) is set to start alongside Mariani.

2 mins - Guarino gets behind the defence and lobs the ball over the goalkeeper. Unfortunately it also goes over the crossbar. 0-0

18 mins - Guarino gets the ball and this time makes no mistake. He gets the ball on target, but this time the goalkeeper saves it. 0-0

Half-time 0-0

46 mins - Magnani gets to the byline and crosses the ball. It reaches Guarino, for whom it's definitely 3rd time lucky, as he puts the ball past the PSG goalkeeper. He's a fairly precocious youngster 4 goals in the UEFA Cup already. 1-0

70 mins - The corner comes in from the left Mariani rises heads it, it beats the keeper but comes back off the bar. Velardi feeds the ball back to Di Mauro who unleashes a fierce drive which hits the undersjde of the bar before going in.

Full-time 2-0

So another opponent falls by the wayside as Domegliara set-up a semi-final meeting with Porto. Whilst the other game will see Celtic take on Lazio.

Just a quick question. If i was to start this challenge in Holland when do i take over the team and when do i stop holidaying the game. Is it as soon as the league season is finished or is it at a set date?

you would take over the bottom team at end of season 1. as for when to start, i don't see why couldn't start after all play-off matches etc are finished.....

Right, it's time for my Semi-final second leg. We go off to Porto

The first leg was at home and we calmly dispatched Porto 1-0.

Kick-off

2 mins - Porto score. 1-0, 1-1 on aggregate. Not the start I planned. If this all goes wrong I'm blaming you el sid! ;)

45 + 2 mins - It's a goal! A cross comes in and the Porto players scores. 2-0 to Porto and they lead on aggregate.

45 + 3 mins - double substitution by the Domes. Rinaldi and Guarino go off and Schumacher and Juan come on.

Half-time. It's not looking good. We can't get into the game.

64 mins - Il Nuovi Rossoneri make their final substitution. Iljin goes off as Dalla Bona comes on.

71 mins - Hernan Juan is put through on goal, he surges forward, he's one-on-one with the 'keeper, he shimmies to the right, then goes left and slots it into the corner. 2-1. 2-2 on aggregate. As it stands Domegliara are going to the final on away goals.

80 mins - The ball comes in from the left, Mendes of Porto rises and nods it past the 'keeper. It's a goal. But wait. It's at the wrong end. It's an own-goal. It's 2-2 now and Domegliara are ahead 2-3 on aggregate. Surely it's all good for the final now.

83 mins - Desperate to make amends Mendes surges forward and unleashes a dipping drive towards goal. It just goes over the bar though.

Full-time - that proved to be the last chance, and Domegliara scrape through to face Lazio in the final.

I have to admit that was a recap. My internet was out whilst playing it. But I am now just about to play the final. It is Donetsk. We have already been there once when we beat Shahktar. But we come into the came off the back of a poor run of 4 defeats in the league, that has seen me drop out of the European places for next season. It's been a terrible end to the season. The UEFA Cup run meant that I fell behind with games in hand, but never picked up the points again. Very disappointing. Still this game could make up for it.

We go into the game with almost a full-strength team. Pastore is still not back up to full fitness, but Mariani and Hansen are starting.

Kick-off

6 mins - Magnani surges down the left, crosses it, it beats the 'keeper, Mariani rises and wins the header but it is blocked on the line and the rebound falls to their 'keeper. First chance to the Domes.

8 mins - This time the attack comes down the right as Novello first beats his man, then outmuscles another to get the cross in from the byline. It again beats the 'keeper but this time it's Di Mauro, the diminutive midfielder trying to get on the end of it, and . . . he SCORES! Not an elegant finish, but he bundles it into the net. 1-0 to Domegliara.

9 mins - Lazio make the first substitution of the game.

17 mins - Domegliara win the corner. Lazio clear the first ball, but it falls to Magnani who fires it in low, but it's deflected clear.

31 mins - The Domes wingers are causing all sorts of problems as Magnani beats his man and creates space to cross, it's cleared but it's worked out to Novello on the other side whose cross is put behind for a corner.

32 mins - Dalla Bona takes the corner and puts it perfectly on the head of Barbara who heads it back across the goal, but no one can get on the end of it, and the danger is overted for now.

38 mins - Another corner to Domegliara. Dalla Bona steps up and swings the ball towards the back post. It doesn't find anyone's head though. Luckily it finds the top corner. A bizarre goal but they all count. 2-0 to Il Nuovi Rossoneri.

44 mins - Dalla Bona is outpaced down their right, they get the cross in and the the striker powers a header at goal. Pestana is up to the test though and tips it over the bar. The corner comes in and Pestana catches it.

Half-time - A great first-half performance for the Domes, as they hold a 2-0 lead at the whistle.

Second-half

49 mins - Lazio concede a free-kick on the edge of the area. Dalla Bona steps up to take it, curls the ball in, but it just goes wide of the post.

52 mins - John Bostock slips the ball through, the left winger controls it, and fires it at goal. It ends up in the crowd.

68 mins - Lazio concede another corner. Novello's cross is headed clear.

76 mins - Pato rises to make contact with a cross from the right, but he heads it wide of the post. Domegliara are closing in on a result.

78 mins - first substitution by Domegliara as Di Mauro comes off to be replaced by Ramirez. It was Di Mauro's first game back from an injury lay-off and he was struggling with his fitness. He did his job though.

82 mins - Maggi manages to blow an excellent chance to get Lazio back in the game but drills it wide when one-on-one with the keeper. Before the 'keeper can restart the play, a struggling Iljin is replaced by Barbieri.

85 mins - Maggi misses another great chance as he heads over from point-blank range. Domegliara make their final substitution as Guarino comes on for Hansen. Probably not a necessary sub but he is being brought on in the final as reward for his performances that got us there.

88 mins - Corner to Lazio, but the header hits the side-netting.

89 mins - Pato runs onto a long through ball to go one-on-one but Barbera gets back to win the ball back.

3 minutes of time added on.

Full-time - Nothing more happened and the Domes are celebrating their first major trophy.

Man of the Match - Gianfranco Dalla Bona picks the award up after scoring what was the final goal of the game.

RW Essen, Season 5, 2013-14 - German Second Division

Predicted - 14th

Finished - 10th

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

'Team of 2013-14' (this is my team of the season, and wont always be the same as what the AI chooses).

GK - Andre Maczkowiak, 31, German

DR - Kai Bastian Evers, 24, German

DL - Sven Schaffrath, 29, German

DC -Malte Metzelder, 32, German

DC - Michael Kammermeyer, 28, German

MR - Salvatore Gambino, 30, German

ML -[/url] Fabian Holland, 23, German

MC - Nils-Ole Book, 28, German

MC -Mike Wunderlich, 28, German

ST - Andreas Lasnik, 30, Austrian

ST -Matias Fetsch, 25, German

Career History

Season League Pos Pre Cup Europe Achievements
2009/10 Third Division 8th 17th N/A N/A None
2010/11 Third Division 3rd 16th Qtr Finals N/A Lost in play-off semi final
2011/12 Third Division 2nd 4th Qtr Finals N/A Automatically Promoted
2012/13 Second Division 12th 17th 2nd Round N/A None
2013/14 Second Division 10th 14th 2nd Round N/A None
[/Code]

2009-10

2010-11

2011-12

2012-13

Real S.D. Alcalá - Spanish LIGA BBVA 2017/18

Transfers - Spent quite a bit including 5m on a 17yr old GK. Some had an impact, others are for the future.

Francisco (GK) - Cost 5m from Barcelona. Decided to splash our when current backup Bellon got antsy and asked for a move. Only played a few games but did well.

Fernando Agirre (DL) - Expensive but had a very good season. Another player with plenty of time to improve.

Jose Manuel Díez (MC) - Not a spectacular season but showing plenty of promise.

Europe

Champions League - Qtr-Final

We entered at the Best Placed Third Qualifying Phase and we were given the toughest draw possible as we faced Liverpool. A hard fought 0-0 in the away leg gave us a chance and we grabbed it...just, winning 2-1.

So onto the Group Stage where we were seeded 4th, but got a decent group despite that with FC Bayern, Galatasaray & Red Star. 7 times winners, Bayern would be tough but I reckoned I had a chance of 2nd in the group.

As expected Bayern were totally dominant winning all 6 games and the rest of us were totally average but our averagness meant a win over Galatasaray in the final game was enough for us to qualify for the knockout stages.

In the First Knockout Round we faced Panathinaikos. With the second leg to be played in Greece we were hoping for a good first leg to give us a lead but the 3-0 stuffing we handed out was more than even I'd hoped for. The way we played in the second leg it was lucky we had a healthy lead as we went 2-0 down early on. A late goal made it safe but we were awful.

Arsenal were our Quarter Final opponents, beating us 1-0 in London and they completed the job 2-1 in Madrid. Not bad for a first European adventure.

Spanish LIGA BBVA

Predicted: 10th | Final Position: 4th | Graph

We started ok but couldn't score nearly enough as Juan Antonio Álvarez mis-fired badly and the backups were worse. We won games but very unconvincingly. Still it was enough to have us in the top 5 or 6 at Christmas. A few signings in January and we managed to rise to 4th with a dozen games to play but we were well adrift of the top 3 and clear of 5th so we just cruised to the end of the season.

Spanish Cup - Qtr-Final

Other News

Finances were boosted by CL cash and the Chairman putting in 4m to help with the running of the club. 19m in CL TV money at the end of the season meant a healthy profit.

Club Records

Awards

Spanish Young Player of the Year - Winner Javier Armendariz / 3rd Jesús Longo

Stars

Axier Olaizola (DRC) - An absolute star in defence. Very reliable and only 19.

Javier Armendariz (AMLC) - Our best performer by a mile with an impressive 11 goals from midfield.

Marcos Luque (AML) had a great season on the wing playig a part in 20 goals.

Youth Watch

Summer 2010 - Juan Antonio Álvarez (ST) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - Very average season. Would love to keep him in the team but he may be holding us back.

Summer 2012 - Leandro Gutiérrez (MC) - Sold

Summer 2015 - Luis Manuel (ST) | First Season Profile | Current Profile - Got a few subs appearances but was pretty average.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

European Co-efficients

Real S.D. Alcalá - 50.097 (62nd)

Real S.D. Alcalá Trophy Room

Second Division B1 x 2 - 2011/12, 2012/13

Career History

Season   League              Pos.   Cup         Europe         Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2009/10  Second Division B1  7th    N/A         N/A            None
2010/11  Second Division B1  2nd    1st Rnd     N/A            None
2011/12  Second Division B1  1st    4th Rnd     N/A            Second Division B1 Champions
2012/13  Second Division B1  1st    2nd Rnd     N/A            Second Division B1 Champions, Promoted
2013/14  LIGA adelante       7th    2nd Rnd     N/A            None
2014/15  LIGA adelante       2nd    Qtr-Final   N/A            Promotion
2015/16  LIGA BBVA           10th   5th Rnd     N/A            None
2016/17  LIGA BBVA           4th    Semi-Final  N/A            None
2017/18  LIGA BBVA           4th    Qtr-Final   CL Qtr-Final   None

Next Season...

More of the same and hopefully find a consistent goal scorer.

good season there daemonic. good debut performance in CL too..... agree with you in the need for a goalscorer. a good goalscorer and you could make the top 2. good luck next season.

It will mean dropping our record scorer, Juan Antonio Álvarez who was my first youth product, but I think it has to be done :(

AD Universidad de Oviedo - Segunda Division 2B - 2013/2014

As it is such a long time since I posted, here is the last update: Christmas 2013, nicely in 5th place.

First match after the break was the first of 3 Rayo matches in January, they visited us and came away with an expected albeit slightly undeserved victory. 4 days later and we lost to them in the Federation Cup (and again 2 weeks later in the 2nd leg). In the league, we dire and dull away at a poor Mostoles side; 0-0 before a home win over Las Palmas and another away draw. Then Sociedad B visited and we were horrible: a 2-0 defeat was not what I was looking for. Thankfully Baskonia were up next and were ceremoniously dismissed 7-0. Promotion chasing (in theory, like us) Eibar were next to visit and we put in our performance of the season, totally outplaying them in a 4-1 win. This put us back up to 5th and 1 point behind 4th.

And then it went wrong. 0-1, 0-1, 1-1, 2-2, 0-1, 1-2 :(. Goodbye any thoughts of promotion (again). And, it was not as if any of the sides we played were that good either. From then on, we just made our way to the end of the season not really caring, we did manage a couple of nice home wins but they did not really matter.

So, we finished in 10th again, 2 points less, more goals, less conceded. Well, that was pathetic. Not the progress I was looking for. The progress graph unfortunately looks very similar to last year's. I could excuse last season's slump as we should never have been in that position in the first place but this season was unacceptable. Our attack just disappeared and our away form was non- existent, and tbf our home form was not much better either.

Baskonia actually picked up a few points but still conceded an average of 5 goals a match. Palencia recovered and avoided relegation whilst apart from Rayo the other relegated teams were pretty average; neither anywhere near promotion.

And just to show that the quality in this division might not be the highest, none of the top 4 even won a playoff match (10 games) let alone a playoff tie so they are all here next year as well.

Squad

Summary

Finances - more consistant financial gain

Transfers - Gutierrez and Elgezabel were both great, Daniel was not bad at all whilst Belencoso was not great at all but and was 4th choice for the 2nd half of the season.

Some of the better players were:

Best GK - Francisco Javier Verdejo - solid, the odd great game, the odd bad game, he is perfectly acceptable for this division and I am not looking for a replacement but certainly would not turn one down.

Best Defender - Eneko Herrera - again! consistantly the best defender at the club, very solid, very rarely plays badly, one of the best defenders in the division, getting a bit better, as I say each year, more of the same please, if his partner could be just as good it would be great

Best Defensive Midfielder - Beñat Elgezabel - a very good season, commanded the area in front of the back four extremely well, and chipped in with a few long range screamers as well, in my eyes he should have been the Player of the Year but he wasn't, a repeat performance would be ideal

Best Winger - Federico - very good, Player of the Year very good, played most matches (maybe too many for a 17yo), a few goals, a few more assists (albeit many less than came from the right wing), very consistant, he is turning into a very good winger, hopefully will get better, first choice again

2nd Best Winger - Iker Zuasti - not as good as last year and much more injury prone but when he played he played well, no goals but a lot of assists, can't really last the whole match and providing there are replacements and I can get a good price I won't mind letting him go, I would not mind keeping either but in any case, he will be off at the end of his contract next Summer for sure

Most Surprising Good Youth Product - Alejandro - came thru the ranks last Summer unnoticed, would probably have been 5th choice MR, in the U19s until the backup got injured so I searched for a replacement in the U19s and decided to give him a go, then Zuasti got injured as well and he took his chance very well, and even kept his place when they came back from injury, he does not look that great but he possesses good pace and dribbling and crossing ability which helps as a winger, despite his performances I hope he is not first choice next season but a year in the U19s and a backup role for the first team would work well

Best Attacking Midfielder - Aitor Gutierrez - after a slow start, he had a fantastic 2nd half of season, goals and assists galore and pretty much forced me to play with an AMC at all possible moments, is improving and is attracting interest from the Segunda Division and, err, Blackpool, hope I can keep hold of him and hope he continues to improve and perform

Best Striker - Javier Muiños - similar story to last season, not really enough goals (Fonseca scored more) but he performed much better, contributing more assists and his general overall play was much improved, hope he can continue the improvement but there are still Segunda Division clubs sniffing around, if he goes it will be for a lot of money

I would, obviously, like a slightly better performance next season :rolleyes:, less draws, better away from home and much better after Christmas. With some Summer additions I hope at least some of that should be possible. Thankfully no relegated clubs came down but unfortunately Rayo failed to promote, however hopefully that will mean their better players will leave. Apart from them the teams are much of a muchness so we should be there or thereabouts.

Will have another tactical tweak as well, even more defensive away from home I think.

On the player front, I desperately need a right winger; Zuasti is too old, Rejas will be listed whilst, despite playing well, Alejandro is not really good enough yet. Apart from that, some central midfielders, a better backup for Gutierrez, the elusive prolific striker and maybe some better fullbacks would no go amiss.

Best 11

Overall Best 11 - no change, but there should be a couple next year

09/10 - Segunda Division B2 - 12th

10/11 - Segunda Division B2 - 7th

11/12 - Segunda Division B2 - 4th (lost in Second Phase Playoff First Round)

12/13 - Segunda Division B2 - 10th

13/14 - Segunda Division B2 - 10th

Real Oviedo Watch - 3rd in 2B1 (lost in Second Phase Playoff First Round)

Oviedo Derby Watch - P3 W0 D1 L2 F1 A4

Team I Would Like To Play Every Week - Baskonia - H7-0, A8-1 (they got relegated)

Team I Would Not Like To Play Every Week - Rayo - 2B2: H1-2, A1-3; Federation Cup: H1-2, A1-3 (champions but failed in playoffs)

ghostwriter - unlucky with that season - can imagine it must have been frustrating. however, you do have some good players there and with a goalscorer like you say, no reason you can't shoot up the league. Federico is a good little winger, (i like the look of him) Gutierrez looks a decent prospect and as for Muinos, well i think he looks to have the makings of a really good striker. Needs to improve his composure (maybe an experienced striker will help??) but i think it's a case of him still being young and finding his feet as a 1st choice striker. he will have off days at that age - keep the faith!! i wouldn't sell him unless you get desperate for the money.

good luck next season.

Right. After the summer I am gearing up for the European Super Cup. I play Bayern Munich, who have now won the Champions League the last two years. It'll be a tough game. But I like to think my team can beat anyone on their day. So lets see what happens.

Kick-off

1 min - Bayern win a corner, it's swung into the box, but saved by Pestana.

12 mins - A terrible bit of defending lets the Bayern striker in behind the defence, and he makes no mistake when one-on-one. 1-0 Bayern

Half-time

54 mins - Pastore hits the bar!

88 mins - Domegliara have a late corner. Pestana the goalkeeper runs forward. Novello goes over to take it. But it's a waste and Bayern move the ball out of their area.

Full-time - 1-0 to Bayern. By the stats I deserved to at least draw, but those are the way things go. Bayern are a very good side, and we more than matched them.

ghostwriter - unlucky with that season - can imagine it must have been frustrating. however, you do have some good players there and with a goalscorer like you say, no reason you can't shoot up the league. Federico is a good little winger, (i like the look of him) Gutierrez looks a decent prospect and as for Muinos, well i think he looks to have the makings of a really good striker. Needs to improve his composure (maybe an experienced striker will help??) but i think it's a case of him still being young and finding his feet as a 1st choice striker. he will have off days at that age - keep the faith!! i wouldn't sell him unless you get desperate for the money.

good luck next season.

Thanks, yes, it was a tad frustrating, particularly as it was a total repeat of the previous season. I sincerely hope it does not happen again.

The 3 players you highlighted are all rated as decent players for the Segunda Division so there is clearly a lot of interest from other clubs. I have no intention to sell them and they all survived the Summer (turned down £375k for Gutierrez (albeit spread over a long time), peanuts for Muinos and there were no actual bids for Federico).

Several players came in, most with at least the potential, if not already the ability, to play in Segunda Division whilst with these arrivals I offered out a loads of players on the fringes and managed to sell a few. So come August 30th all was going well, I was happy with the squad, one day until the first game of the season and the transfer deadline looming. Then this happened.... :(

Obviously he accepted so off he goes. To be fair, I can't blame the chairman for accepting the bid, £625k is a lot for this division. I think I would have refused it but I cannot be certain as, as I said, it is a lot of money.

The timing could not be worse and to find any kind of replacement in 2 days was going to be (and proved to be) impossible. I am just grateful that the 4th choice DC who I had offered to clubs several times over the Summer did not interest anyone enough to make an offer and is hence still here. Otherwise, there would have been huge problems.

Given that he is one of the best defenders in the whole division and over my 5 seasons he has never been dropped and only missed league games because of injury or suspension (around 95% of league games played), he is going to be sorely missed. I wish him well though; he deserves a go in the Segunda Division, I'd just rather it had been with us.

Eneko Herrera

Performances

It would seem though that it had little short term affect on the squad as we did this to Palencia the next day :cool:. A considerable improvement on the 1-1 draw we had in the identical opening fixture 12 months ago.

good season there daemonic. good debut performance in CL too..... agree with you in the need for a goalscorer. a good goalscorer and you could make the top 2. good luck next season.

Just finished the following season late last night and I never did find that goalscorer. We got dumped out of the CL at the Group Stage this season....but I did only lose 2 league games all season, finishing with 94pts and the UEFA Cup was a good consolation </teaser>

Full report when I get home tonight.

What the hell just happened here? :eek::eek:

Record victory, Muinos' 4 goals is also a record. And it was against a team that has finished 3rd, 2nd and 3rd the last 3 seasons. And we had not won in 4 games. Not too sure how this happened. Because of the 4 previous games (huge injury crisis) we are still only 8th but within easy range of the top 4.

EDIT: And Muinos follows that with 3 more goals in the next game! Unfortunately he then decides to tell the local press about wanting to play at a bigger club :rolleyes:. I tell him he is staying and he calms down a bit but I feel it is only a matter of time before he starts to get even itchier feet. Thankfully he has another 2.5 years left on his contract so he won't be leaving soon unless stupidly large chairman-friendly offers come in.

Real S.D. Alcalá - Spanish LIGA BBVA 2018/19

Transfers - Not a huge amount of activity. Only position I really wanted to strengthen was the ST's but anyone really good was way out of our league in terms of wages so I had to make do.

Alessio De Luca (MC) - Arrived on a bosman from Roma and had a fantastic first season scoring 8 goals, mostly from penalties and a few freekick screamers from around the 25yd mark including the winner in the clubs biggest game to date.

Marcos (MC) - Bought when I shipped Ademilson out after he started demanding crazy wages, Marcos is a better players and had a fabulous season notching up 8 goals and creating another 6.

Felipe Poblete (ST) - With all the young guns wanting a fortune in wages I decided to make do for a season or 2 with the Chilean international. Had a great start to the season leading the LIGA BBVA scoring charts at the end of November but then it all went wrong and he barely registered for the rest of the season. 18 goals isn't bad and he's tutoring a couple of youngsters so still a good signing overall.

Europe

Champions League - Group Stage

We entered the competition at the Best Placed Third Qualifying Phase again and despite being unseeded we got an ok draw against AZ. We still made hard work of it with a 1-0 home win and a 1-1 draw in Holland.

We were 4th seeds for the Group Stage and got a tough one as we faced Arsenal, PSG and Ajax. Tough as it looked on paper, it paled in comparison to how tough we found it on the pitch as we lost our first 3 games. A 2-0 home win over Arsenal in the 4th game gave us a chance at 3rd and the Europa Cup. Another 2-0, this time against PSG in Paris and we could qualify if Arsenal beat PSG and we could win against Ajax in the final games. Unfortunately neither result went our way as PSG won and we could only draw.

UEFA Cup - Winners | Final

Grasshopper were our First Knockout Round opponents and we eased past them with a 3-2 win in Switzerland and a 2-0 back in Madrid.

In the Second Knockout Round we travelled to Milan in the first leg to play Inter, taking home a good 1-1 draw. A stunning 3-0 win in the second leg and we were through to the last 8.

Tottenham were next in the Quarter Final. 2-0 at home gave us the advantage and a 0-0 in London put us in the semi-final.

The Semi-Final was an all Spanish affair as we faced Atlético Madrid. We went 1 up in the away leg but 2 late goals meant we had to overcome a 1-2 deficit in the home leg and overcome it we did as we dominated the home leg winning 2-0 to go through 3-2.

In our first European Final we faced Zaragoza. An early lead was wiped out by the dreaded curse of the half-time teamtalk as they equalized 5 minutes after I told the team not to get complacent. Having brought on Longo at half time for the injured Díez, Longo had to be replaced in the 64th minute with De Luca, who had an immediate impact curling a freekick into the corner from 20yds just a few minutes later. 2-1 up Zaragoza came at us but we held on to win the UEFA Cup.

Spanish LIGA BBVA

Predicted: 7th | Final Position: 2nd | Graph

We started well and kept it going with some great results including an away win against Barcelona. Half way through the season we were 2nd but already 7 pts adrift of Real who were looking unstoppable.

With 10 games left we'd closed the gap but only to 5 pts. Our pursuit of Real meant we had opened a huge gap over 3rd though with Deportivo a distant 16 pts back and 2nd place was sealed with 5 games to spare but we were still 5 behind Real.

With 2 games to go we'd reduced the gap to 4 pts. A 2-0 win for us over Recreativo and a shock 1-0 win for Getafe over Real meant it would go to the final day of the season. A nervy 1-0 win over Betis and we had to hope Real had lost but they'd thrashed Villareal 4-0 so we had to settle for second despite only losing 2 games all season and finishing on 94 pts.

Spanish Cup - Semi-Final - A good run until Real Madrid thrashed us in both legs of the semi-final.

Other News

Finances - We lost money most months despite our new 23k stadium but our European exploits brought in about 30m so we did ok.

Club Records

Awards

Spanish Young Player of the Year - Clean Sweep: 1st Jose Manuel Díez | 2nd Marcos | 3rd Jesús Longo

LIGA BBVA Goalkeeper of the Year - David Trigueros

Stars

Axier Olaizola (DRC) - Rock solid at the back, he was called into the Spain squad on a few occasions and was capped twice. Huge potential.

Jose Manuel Díez (MC) - Fantastic season during which he popped up with some vital goals scoring 8 in total.

Luis Fernando Pato (AMR) - Has been at the club 5 years and is really starting to come good with 6 goals and 9 assists.

Rubén Porras (AMRL) - Capped by Spain for the first time he had a good season on the wing.

Youth Watch

Summer 2010 - Juan Antonio Álvarez (ST) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - I fear his time at the club may be coming to an end. Average season but I'll keep him as backup for as long as he's happy to play second fiddle to brighter talents.

Summer 2012 - Leandro Gutiérrez (MC) - Sold

Summer 2015 - Luis Manuel (ST) - Sold

Summer 2018 - Alfredo (AMC) | Initial Profile - Good season for the U-19's scoring 13. May send on loan next season.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

European Co-efficients

Real S.D. Alcalá - 80.950 (32nd up from 62nd)

Real S.D. Alcalá Trophy Room

Second Division B1 x 2 - 2011/12, 2012/13

UEFA Cup - 2018/19

Career History

Season   League              Pos.   Cup         Europe         Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2009/10  Second Division B1  7th    N/A         N/A            None
2010/11  Second Division B1  2nd    1st Rnd     N/A            None
2011/12  Second Division B1  1st    4th Rnd     N/A            Second Division B1 Champions
2012/13  Second Division B1  1st    2nd Rnd     N/A            Second Division B1 Champions, Promoted
2013/14  LIGA adelante       7th    2nd Rnd     N/A            None
2014/15  LIGA adelante       2nd    Qtr-Final   N/A            Promotion
2015/16  LIGA BBVA           10th   5th Rnd     N/A            None
2016/17  LIGA BBVA           4th    Semi-Final  N/A            None
2017/18  LIGA BBVA           4th    Qtr-Final   CL Qtr-Final   None
2018/19  LIGA BBVA           2nd    Semi-Final  CL Group 3rd   UEFA Cup Winners
                                               UEFA Cup Winner

Next Season...

Find a striker

Getting very close daemonic :thup:

Thanks. Got through some of the transfer window last night and I've spent 10m on a 17yr old ST but he has ridiculous stats already. Also managed to upgrade a few other areas of the team for very little outlay so excited about the new season. The sale of a couple of oldies has brought our squad average age down to 19 :eek:

First friendly went well as we thumped Brescia 5-0 in Italy. Now I just need Real Madrid to stop being stupidly good.:(

Thanks. Got through some of the transfer window last night and I've spent 10m on a 17yr old ST but he has ridiculous stats already. Also managed to upgrade a few other areas of the team for very little outlay so excited about the new season. The sale of a couple of oldies has brought our squad average age down to 19 :eek:

First friendly went well as we thumped Brescia 5-0 in Italy. Now I just need Real Madrid to stop being stupidly good.:(

Average age of 19? Wtf :D

Average age of 19? Wtf :D

Just noticed it includes the U-19's etc in that...still compares well to an average of 25 for the league overall. Our oldest player just turned 28 a couple of months ago and we have 9 teenagers in the first team :)

Archived