JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 bits of information :

1.) Roma beat Liverpool 1-0 at home, but they're still knocked out 2-3 on aggregate. So I'll be facing Liverpool in the final.

2.) Torres has scored 12 goals in 12 games in Europe this season :eek:

3.) Bayern drew with Augsburg in the league meaning there is mathematically no chance I can be caught at the top of the table with 3 games left to play. 2 league titles in a row now. :thup:

Just looked through Liverpool's squad. In addition to Torres, they also have a 35 year old Gerrard, still going strong, Artem Milevskiy, Samir Nasri, Pepe Reina, Ched Evans, Mamadou Sakho, Simon Vukcevic and a 34 year old Xabi Alonso among others.

Thanks. Álvarez is rated as a good BBVA Striker but because he was my first ever youth product he's staying in the team whatever happens. If he is just short of the quality required I'll compensate in all other areas of the team....although, last Summers youth product is also a striker and he's rated as having leading BBVA potential. I forsee a rotation policy :o

The new season has started with Álvarez on fire with 6 goals in the first 8 games which included an away draw at Barca and a win at Valencia. We have 18 pts already so I think relegation is unlikely this season.

And Luis Manuel, our future star, is on loan in the Second Division B4, a good level for a 17yr old to learn at I reckon where he's scored 6 in 7 including his first senior hat-trick :)

The big day is here. May 21st, a day that will, regardless of the result, be remembered by Sachsen Leipzig fans and followers.

The teams have lined up as follows :

Sachsen Leipzig :

Formation : 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2

Starting Eleven :

GK - Mandanda

RB - Ozturk

LB - Younis

CB - Camral

CB - N'Koulou

DMC - Cana

MC - Stachel

MC - Suarez

AMC - Fernandez

ST - Laurito

ST - Fleck

Subs : Gordon, Cole, Wilshere, Fedulov, Marquinhos, Karaoglan, Coloccini, Korkmaz (Marquinhos couldn't start because he injured himself a while ago and is not fully fit yet. His condition is only 74% :()

Liverpool :

Formation : 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Starting Eleven :

GK - Renia

RB - Santon

LB - Marcelo

CB - Sakho

CB - Fisk

MC - Barreto

MC - Gerrard

MC - Cigarini

AMC - Vukcevic

AMC - Nasri

ST - Torres

Subs : Velthuisen, Milevskiy, Bozaglo, Plummer, Evans, Edwards, Buonanotte

Both teams are said to be evenly matched, and a penalty shootout could be on the cards according to FM Pundit.

Lets get down to the action shall we..

8 min : Nasri passes it to Torres who takes two touches before blasting the ball towards the top corner. Mandanda saves it.

17 min : Our first chance, Stachel hits one from distance but the ball is held comfortably by Reina.

23 min : Another save by Mandanda to deny Vukcevic. Straight from his quick throw, we get forward and Fleck takes a shot, which is inturn held by Reina.

28 min : PENALTY! Matias Fernandez recieves the ball from Laurito, and surges forward past Barreto into the box. Marcelo clears the ball but is deemed to have fouled Fernandez by holding his shirt. The ref's assistant gives it and it's a penalty to Sachsen Leipzig. Yellow card for Vukcevic for protesting.

28 min : GOAL GOAL GOAL! Laurito converts the spot kick to give Sachsen the lead.

33 min : Gerrard has another shot from long distance but his shot goes harmlessly over the bar.

44 min : Sakho and Fleck whack into each other, and have to be replaced. Fleck doesn't have to replaced as it's only a knock but his condition has come down to 61%. I replaced him with Coloccini, a bit of a defensive move but hopefully something which would work. Liverpool had brought Plummer on btw.

HT, no more incidents of note.

Liverpool have brought Milevskiy on for Vukcevic, so 2 upfront for them now.

55 min : Fernandez with a chance from a free kick, but his shot hits the wall and goes out for a corner.

61 min : Two important tackles from Fisk to deny Laurito and then Stachel. He was outnumbered 1 to 2 but managed to block both the shots somehow.

66 min : RED CARD! A regulation foul by Coloccini on Gerrard. The referee gives Liverpool a freekick but Nasri, for some reason, kicks Andreas Ozturk :confused: The two were never involved in the original foul! Straight red card for Nasri and Liverpool and reduced to 10 men. They've taken Torres off and he is being replaced by Bozaglo.

77 min : Fisk fouls Fleck just outside the box. Fernandez with the freekick again but he scoops it over the bar. That could have been the game.

87 min : Vital save by Mandanda to deny Milevskiy. Gerrard and Barreto work the ball around midfield until Gerrard outs the Ukrainian through only for Mandanda to save the shot. It's getting close now. SQUEAKEY BUM TIME.

2 minutes added on.

90+3 min : Surely last chance now for Liverpool. Cigarini spreads it wide to Marcelo in the left. He dribbles it past Ozturk and puts in a cross. Milevskiy is going for it.........

But MANDANDA comes out and catches the ball. He hoists it upfield and that is the last kick of the game as the referee blows for full time! The match has ended with a solitary penalty goal from Laurito.

Sachsen Leipzig have won the Champions League!

Lets hear that one more time, shall we..

Sachsen Leipzig have won the Champions League!

Congrats el sid on beating those that eliminated Roma.

And of course on winning the CL. :thup:

Thank you :)

fantastic work el sid!! really thought you'd do it this season, and i'm glad you did.....

Well done sid!

Congrats el sid! well done! :thup: Especially glad to see you beat that particular team in the final :D

Thank you mate :thup: The match was very, very close until Nasri got sent off tbh.

Congrats Sid, thats a huge achievement and a great effort coming from Germany to take the title.

Thanks mate :thup:

:D

You might wonder why I haven't given my end of season report yet. Well, tbh, I forgot :D Didn't take any screenies, so I don't think this end of season report would be as big as the last. My apologies. The report should be up sometime tomorrow fwiw.

RW Essen, Season 3, 2011-12 - German Third Division

Predicted - 4th

Finished - 2nd

League Table Link

Past Positions

Going to be honest here and honestly have no energy or motivation to do a 'proper' update here, so will provide you with a few links as well as the team of the year and my updated career history :thup: -

Squad

Finances

Transfers

'Team of 2011-12' (this is my team of the season, and wont always be the same as what the AI chooses).

GK - Andre Maczkowiak, 29, German

DR - Mirko Casper, 30, German

DL - Moritz Steinle, 29, German

DC - David Czyszczon, 30, German

DC - Michael Kammermeyer, 26, German

MR - Florian Heller, 30, German

ML - Timo Nagy, 29, German

MC - Manuel Konrad, 24, German

MC -Mike Wunderlich, 26, German

ST - [/url]Sascha Molders, 27 German

ST - Matias Fetsch, 23, German

Despite the promotion, there are a few sad farewells, as Markus Kreuz retires, whilst our ever-present Goalkeeper Andre Maczkowiak and top striker Sascha Molders have both left the club after refusing contract extensions.

Career History

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season League Pos Pre Cup Europe Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10 Third Division 8th 17th N/A N/A None
2010/11 Third Division 3rd 16th Qtr Finals N/A Lost in play-off semi final
2011/12 Third Division 2nd 4th Qtr Finals N/A Automatically Promoted
[/Code]

2009-10

2010-11

God damn it, typed out the entire season report in the text box and when I press submit,

Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.

:( :( :( The stupid browser automatically logged me out after 15 minutes. I think I have to do it all over again. :(

Gah! I've had that happen to me before el sid, its gutting! Hope you can recover it.

I have the whole evening off tonight so think I'll be indulging myself and getting some FM time in. Holidaying in Portugal as we speak :)

For those wondering where I've been, I've actually started a new job in London so I get far fewer hours in the day now to play FM. This will be my first time on it in about a month IIRC :eek:

Apologies for the late report and also the smallish size of the report, the browser automatically logged me off and I just cannot bring myself to type out as much as I did before. :( Anyway as promised,

Sachsen Leipzig End of Season report :

Firstly, my manager profile - featuring values such as 1!

German League :

Predicted : 3rd

Actual Position : 1st

We retained our German league title quite comfortably, beating off competition from Bayern Munich.

Team of the season : featuring another 20 goal season from Marquinhos, and for the first time 4 players scoring in double digits.

German Cup - A little bit of a disappointment here giving Owen his first trophy.

Transfers

Finances - Apologies, this was taken a little into the next season.

Champions League :

We were losing semifinalists last season and were determined to do better this season. We came out triumphantly from the group stage also containing Barca and AC Milan. We then beat Olympaikos in the round of 16, local rivals Leverkusen in the quarter final and French giants Lyon in the semifinal.

The final was against Liverpool, who has beaten Real Madrid, Inter and Roma to get to the final. A lone goal from the penalty spot from Federico Laurito enabled us to win the game and hence the biggest European Trophy in the world.

Elsewhere, a look at some of the other competitions :

Euro Cup - AC Milan

Club World Championship - Inter

**Challenge Completed**

If I hadn't run my experiment following the completion of this challenge I would have resigned and taken over a newly promoted Italian side and done it all over again :D.

IN FACT....

Dino Ferretti is off to somewhere new...:cool:

@Sid: Why don't you try win it all with an all German team? On FM07 I took Morecambe from the Conference (I think, could've been League 2) to Premier and Champions League glory, then I decided to sell all my foreign players and go all English. Didn't do as well but it was fun.

iacovone - i had wondered where you'd gone..... :D hope the job is going well. as for your new game, i look forward to it whatever it is...

el sid - the all-german idea is good, or you could try and repeat the feat like iacovone... or could try another league...

Real S.D. Alcalá - Spanish LIGA BBVA 2016/17

Transfers - Made a decent profit while still managing to improve the side. Biggest change was a clearout of midfielders...

Axier Olaizola (DRC) - signed as a 17yr old he immediately slotted into the first team and was probably our best defender all season. Looks to have massive potential and I was being asked about whether I could keep him within 3 months of his arrival.

José Antonio Martín (MC) was brought in as an experienced head and had a very good season. Not one for the long term but should be fine for another season or 2.

Rubén Porras (AMRL) - Versatile winger who did well with 9 assists in not many more games.

Javier Armendariz (AMLC) can play either the left wing or as a MC and excelled in both. Very promising player.

Spanish LIGA BBVA

Predicted: 15th | Final Position: 4th | Graph

We started well and although we weren't scoring hatfuls we were hard to break down and our young GK was performing miracles. We'd have been top if Barcelona hadn't started even more convincingly but eventually they lost a game and we kept our unbeaten run going.

So come the 1st of January we still hadn't lost and a draw for Barcelona meant we went to the top of the table with 17 games played. We finally lost our first game against Zaragoza in mid-January allowing Barcelona to reclaim the top spot. Our form dipped a little after this but we remained in the top 4, with 5th a distant 10pts behind. The gap narrowed occasionaly but we eventually secured our CL place with 3 games to spare, ending the season in 4th.

Spanish Cup - Semi-Final

Other News

Finances were ok, although without the 3m plus profit from transfers it would have been much worse. Next season will be a struggle as we have to pay 325k per month on the loan the board took out to finance our new 23,821 seat stadium which is costing 30m and will be ready for the start of the 2018/19 season.

Club Records

Awards

European Golden Boot - Juan Antonio Álvarez

LIGA BBVA Top Goalscorer - Juan Antonio Álvarez

LIGA BBVA Top Spanish Goalscorer - Juan Antonio Álvarez

2nd & 3rd in Spanish Young Player of the Year - David Trigueros (2nd) & Santiago Ledesma (3rd)

3rd in LIGA BBVA Goalkeeper of the Year - David Trigueros

Stars

David Trigueros (GK) had a great season, single handedly keeping us in a lot of games. Only 21 so could be our GK for another 15 years.

Rubén Fuente (DC) was rock solid in defence and would have been ever-present were it not for a 3 month layoff due to a torn hamstring.

Enrique (MC) managed to survive the rebuilding of the midfield and continues to shine. Never going to be a World beater but is always reliable.

Stephane Torre (AMR,FC) played mostly on the wing creating 11 goals. Had to give him a huge contract at the start of the season as he began to have itchy feet after just a season with the club but looks to be worth it.

Marcos Luque (AML) at 26 is one of our experienced players ad was brilliant down the left as he created 12 goals for the team.

Juan Antonio Álvarez had his best ever season and despite not having the best attributes in the world, they are finely tuned for a striker. Scored an amazing 32 goals in 42(1) games and assisted another 10, basically being instrumental in a goal per game. Won a host of awards including the European Golden Boot and broke a few club records including most league appearances along the way.

Youth Watch

Summer 2010 - Juan Antonio Álvarez (ST) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - See Stars...amazing.

Summer 2012 - Leandro Gutiérrez (MC) - Sold

Summer 2015 - Luis Manuel (ST) | First Season Profile | Current Profile - Sent on loan to Second Division side Jaén where he had an excellent season scoring 15. Will look to send to a LIGA adelante side next season.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall - Cannot believe Juan Antonio Álvarez isn't in our Overall Best 11, has to be a bug with this when you look at the wasters who are listed.

Real S.D. Alcalá Trophy Room

Second Division B1 x 2 - 2011/12, 2012/13

Career History

Season   League              Pos.   Cup         Europe         Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2009/10  Second Division B1  7th    N/A         N/A            None
2010/11  Second Division B1  2nd    1st Rnd     N/A            None
2011/12  Second Division B1  1st    4th Rnd     N/A            Second Division B1 Champions
2012/13  Second Division B1  1st    2nd Rnd     N/A            Second Division B1 Champions, Promoted
2013/14  LIGA adelante       7th    2nd Rnd     N/A            None
2014/15  LIGA adelante       2nd    Qtr-Final   N/A            Promotion
2015/16  LIGA BBVA           10th   5th Rnd     N/A            None
2016/17  LIGA BBVA           4th    Semi-Final  N/A            None

Next Season...

Try to match this season and make the Group Stage of the CL which will help the finances.

The all German idea doesn't work for me. I'm one of those who thinks football is a global game and clubs should not be restricted by nationality. We have World Cups and European Championships for that (As you might have guessed, I'm also against the 6+5 rule :D).

Maybe I should try dafuge's challenge next.

Dino Ferretti has found himself at lowly Biellese! They have only had one season of league football in the 22 years this game has run :cool:

The year is 2030 and Ferretti's had a lovely year off. Did some travelling and a lot of TV work but he inevitably missed the day to day life of a football manager. Given that he'd forged his reputation on the dynasty made at Savona it's only right that he would be welcomed at Biellese with open arms. After all he is one of the world's top managers

And so begins the 2nd charge at the challenge. Looking forward to toppling Savona now!!

I'm actually quite domestically biased, well at the moment anyway. I have signed some non-German players, and I'm not trying to get an all-German side, but I do like the idea of the majority of my players being German and my own Youth. I don't really have that view irl, but I think having a team of mainly German guys is a good idea as I shouldn't face any complications later on with the 6+5 rule. I'm not just doing it for that though, German football and German players = :cool:

good luck iacovone.... Biellese are lucky to have you as manager!! ;)

You know it! And they know it! And the football world knows it :D

I wonder what the reaction would be if this happened in real life? Say Wenger just resigned today to take over AFC Wimbledon! :eek:

You know it! And they know it! And the football world knows it :D

I wonder what the reaction would be if this happened in real life? Say Wenger just resigned today to take over AFC Wimbledon! :eek:

Was there a media report? Haha would be funnier if Alan Shearer quit from Newcastle annoyed at having been relegated and moved to neighbours Gateshead, be the shortest manager move ever :p

Haha yes it would. Unfortunately there wasn't a news item - perhaps because I resigned and then stayed out of the game for about a year. Still the board are delighted to have me and I'm pretty sure I'm attracting a better standard of player to the club than I did back in 2009 :)

Archived