FM19.3 - ‘Steadfast’ v2 – A flat 4141 for FM19.3

I've seen it somewhere, probably in your training thread, but I'm tired....

Do you train all of your players in the same roles they are playing in the tactic or do you alter them to train the attributes you want to improve on a player by player basis?

I'm guessing the FW and the HB are the ones where additional attributes might want to be trained?

Can you train consistancy?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RedBlueEagle said:

I've seen it somewhere, probably in your training thread, but I'm tired....

Do you train all of your players in the same roles they are playing in the tactic or do you alter them to train the attributes you want to improve on a player by player basis?

I'm guessing the FW and the HB are the ones where additional attributes might want to be trained?

Can you train consistancy?

I tend to train strikers in the Advanced Forward role and Central Midfielders in Box to Box roles as they seem to hit all the right spots.

Beyond that i mix and match, i retrain positions a lot, so if i'm converting a Central Midfielder to DM or Centre Back and they are already good passers etc i'll often choose the more defensive role to bring on that side of their game, i.e. i might choose Anchor Man in the DM Spot or limited defender in the DC spot to bring up tackling/marking.

Same sort of approach if i'm converting wingers to wingbacks etc.

The only way to improve consistency is via match time, and a lot of it. Might take 3 or 4 seasons to move it 1 or 2 points at most.

If i have someone highlighted as 'needing to improve consistency' i'll normally bin them. Means they wont play to their full potential very often. Better a weaker player with high consistency.

Back to back promotions with Gateshead from the Conference to the Championship but I'm thinking I'm punching well above my weight now as I sit in the drop zone after 6 games with just 1 win.  I'll persevere though and see how this ends up

I couldn't stay in the Championship after 4 straight promotions.

But then I was only using the original squad plus some academy players.

Lost my first 8 games but ended up on 40 points so a decent effort.

Some very high quality players in the Championship, light years ahead of my own at that time.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, JoshLCFC said:

Gonna give this a whack with Leicester on the winter update. Any tips on roles for Vardy and my wingers (Gray, Barnes, Albrighton etc)?

Also will Tielemans and Maddison be able to play together in the midfield trio as BBM's?

You'll be fine.

I'd just train the central midfielders to box to box to fine tune them, wide mid-fielders to Wingers/Attack.

Thanks

OK,

442 version on the way.

Balanced mentality this time so its a bit more realistic and deals with the yellow/red card issues.

Just won the Conference South with East Thurrock, one of the weakest teams in the League i think.

Re-running it with Stockport, will be comparing it with the 4141v2 results which is a tough benchmark considering i had an unbeaten season, scored 106, conceded 27, points 116 with the 4141.

The 442 is higher scoring despite the lower mentality. Looking for 120+ goals and 110+ points.

So far 10 wins and a loss in my first 11 games, averaging nearly 4 goals a game,..... so far, so good.

4 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

You'll be fine.

I'd just train the central midfielders to box to box to fine tune them, wide mid-fielders to Wingers/Attack.

Thanks

You appear to be right. Im retraining the midfielders (and have added Ntcham and Vilhenna who are perfect to rotate with). Vardy is scoring and the wide mids are performing well. LOVE the impact of the CWB's.

Maddison and Tielemans seem happy playing those roles and adjusting in training too.

Very well done Mr Rosler.

23 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

OK,

442 version on the way.

Balanced mentality this time so its a bit more realistic and deals with the yellow/red card issues.

Just won the Conference South with East Thurrock, one of the weakest teams in the League i think.

Re-running it with Stockport, will be comparing it with the 4141v2 results which is a tough benchmark considering i had an unbeaten season, scored 106, conceded 27, points 116 with the 4141.

The 442 is higher scoring despite the lower mentality. Looking for 120+ goals and 110+ points.

So far 10 wins and a loss in my first 11 games, averaging nearly 4 goals a game,..... so far, so good.

Looking forward to seeing this! 

Still having massive success with this tactic.

Season 3 with my Leeds team resulted in a Premiership title, Carabao Cup win & Euro Cup win (After going out of the Champions cup in the group stage). Was knocked out of the FA cup in the Semi-finals aswell so nearly success in every competition entered.

Season-3-Final-Standings.png

Season 4 currently in December. sat top of the Premier League once again battling it out with a very good Liverpool squad. Made it out of the Group stages of the Champions cup this time so lets see how far I can go with that one. And into the quarter finals of the Carabao cup hoping to win that once again. 

Season-4-Champions-League-Groups.png
Season-4-December-Standings.png

Got the maximum amount of foreign players (17) due to the brexit rules within my game and around 5 wonderkids sat in the reserves who are all foreign so some jiggling around is going to have to happen at the end of the season. Cant seem to pick up or find any english wonderkids worth snapping up.

A regen striker I have joining me in the summer:

Season-4-Vincent-Danieli.png

Looking forward to more success using this tactic! :)

Going great guns with this. First season with Leicester im fighting with Man City for the title and still in the FA Cup in March. Very Solid defence and joint highest scorers. Possession ranges depending on the opponent between 45-55%.

I have the same squad but with Ntcham, Tielemans and Vilhenna added.

I was doing really well with Newcastle in first season , 6 or 7 games unbeaten , opposition hardly having a shot - using 4141v2. Then I went to man Utd in the cup and got trounced 4-0 although stats suggested even game , since then I hardly score and opposition score off only 1 or 2 shots on target . NO real changes to my team either , tried switching to the 442 in the other thread aswell , but still same outcome.

Won the league in my first season with Leicester with the best attack, defence, top scorer, most assists (Harvey Barnes!).

Offloading all the dead wood and brought in Gnabry, got Mahrez back and trying to sign Tielemans permanently (using Adrien Silva as leverage). Brought in Vagnoman and Plattenhardt as back-ups.

On 23/02/2019 at 08:58, JoshLCFC said:

Won the league in my first season with Leicester with the best attack, defence, top scorer, most assists (Harvey Barnes!).

Offloading all the dead wood and brought in Gnabry, got Mahrez back and trying to sign Tielemans permanently (using Adrien Silva as leverage). Brought in Vagnoman and Plattenhardt as back-ups.

You using the original or the 442 mate?

& are you just straight plug/play or changing certain things

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:04, JD 1984 said:

You using the original or the 442 mate?

& are you just straight plug/play or changing certain things

the 4-1-4-1 mate. same as posted on here + training players to the roles

Greetings,

The Winter Update has landed and with it version 19.3 of the Match Engine.

I fired up a Stockport save, plugged in the tactic and holidayed a season to see how the ME changes effected the tactic.

No drama's here, some possible fine tuning along the line but looks like we're good to go :thup:

20190301190327-1.jpg

Have to say, still going strong after the update. I'm Leyton Orient, won the conference, then won League 2, then the update came and im top of League 1 after about 15 games. No money spent (what money?!), just some loans and free signings, my hardest thing is I want to stay loyal to my original players but sometimes the head must lead the heart and I must drop them.

Using the 4-4-2 formation exclusively.  Won the Scottish premier league in my second season.  I'm halfway through my third season and check out these results:

Capture.thumb.PNG.5c1f43b3972687158731b8bac712214e.PNG

I've qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League having beat teams like Man City 4-0 in the group stages.  Cruising the league and currently sit 13 points clear.  This is by far the best tactic I've used in FM2019.  It consistently gets results.  

15 hours ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Using the 4-4-3 formation exclusively.  Won the Scottish premier league in my second season.  I'm halfway through my third season and check out these results:

Capture.thumb.PNG.5c1f43b3972687158731b8bac712214e.PNG

I've qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League having beat teams like Man City 4-0 in the group stages.  Cruising the league and currently sit 13 points clear.  This is by far the best tactic I've used in FM2019.  It consistently gets results.  

ME 19.3 or 19.2?

On 15/03/2019 at 16:47, Cadoni said:

ME 19.3 or 19.2?

My game is fully updated so I'm assuming it's the most recent match engine.  What I would say is that I changed the two strikers to CF-s and CF-a.  Rangers have Morelos who is very good as a CF so I wanted to keep him in that role.  The wide midfielders get about 30 assists a season it's crazy.

I came up against Bayern Munich in the last 16 of the CL and drew 5-5 over two legs and was knocked out on away goals.  Given the difference in budgets this tactics is performing brilliantly in Europe.  

Archived