FM19: An Ambitious Andorran

Rikulec

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Preview - 2027/28 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

Board Expectations:

LaLiga Santander: Avoid relegation
Copa de Su Majestad El Rey: Fifth Round

My Expectations:

LaLiga Santander: I think we can avoid being involved in the relegation battle.
Copa de Su Majestad El Rey: It would be nice to have a good run again.

Budgets:

Transfer: £7,218,460
Wage: £194,273 (currently spending £132,030)
Balance: £23,034,566

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2027/28 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

Friendlies

QVY65K1.png

Three defeats, four wins.

Transfers

NgfGQK1.png

This time my intention wasn't to make profit, but to simply strengthen.

Petr Cizek - he'll be retrained to the left wing. Some great attributes already at 17.

Dominik Franek -  my scouts spoke very highly of him. I'm not too convinced but it won't hurt to try him out.

Miroslav Havranek - a first-team-ready left winger.

Galder Muñoz - the club's new record transfer, looks like he could be well worth it.

Niklas Steffen - our new back-up goalkeeper.

Radek Jelinek - crazy to think how good he could become.

Bilal El Hadaoui - only after securing the loan did it turn out we didn't actually need him. Oh well.

Damir Suto - again, he's amazing already and he could become much better. We beat Juventus and Sevilla for his signature!

Ferenc Herczeg - just... just look at him. Holy ****.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - August 2027 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga Santander

9qcReO9.png

ux9dMQl.png

Argh! We lost in the opening fixture despite a very respectable showing in Barcelona and then dominated Málaga only to miss countless sitters and fall victim to a counter attack at the end of the first half. I guess it serves me right for building such a young and inexperiences squad!

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - September 2027 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga Santander

3PKj6Dd.png

Hex9OEp.png

That's what I'm talking about! An unbeaten month sees us beat some fellow relegation candidates and shoot all the way up to 6th. I'd be over the moon if we finished here!

Copa del Rey

tUEUOUn.png

A rotated squad did their job.

Up next, Oviedo away.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - October 2027 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga Santander

qQAXXKX.png

C4tVj29.png

A perfect month if you exclude the expected defeat in Madrid. I hope it's not just the case of other teams underestimating us early on!

Copa del Rey

0SUSVaU.png

We have a comfortable advantage before the home leg against Osasuna, it's ours to lose.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - November 2027 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga Santander

rAhZIQg.png

IWSj6mp.png

Despite a bad set of results I'm happy with the performances against Atlético and Valencia, we really weren't far off. The Celta game was woeful though - Suto got himself sent off in the 10th minute and things went downhill from there.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - December 2027 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga Santander

f6mX69e.png

hPdOCmH.png

A good month which could have been fantastic if the five-goal thriller (and I mean a proper thriller!) had gone our way at Levante - we had more than enough chances to make it so. Only one point separates us from 10th, things are certainly interesting.

Copa del Rey

NI2pa8v.png

A rotated squad fell to a defeat but it doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things. Eibar up next.

And on that note we end both 2027 and 2018. Happy New Year!

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - January 2028 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga Santander

A1ipAd4.png

E0mcTv3.png

Not the easiest of months but we picked up the two wins I expected and gave Barcelona a proper run for their money, coming back from a goal down twice but just lacking that final touch to do it for the third time.

Copa del Rey

Reh2yEi.png

Wow! While we were favourites who did their job against Eibar, the turnaround that helped us past Sevilla and especially the first leg against Barcelona were something quite special! Can we translate our incredible home form to the second leg? It's 90 minutes of football at Camp Nou after all - I have a feeling an away goal could be massive.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - February 2028 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga Santander

EmrbLub.png

YJXqBYc.png

Two poor defeats, a hard fought draw against Real Madrid and three wins, none of them particularly convincing. The season and the fixture congestion are starting to take their toll, we need to pull through.

Copa del Rey

HnwcbG8.png

0:0 in the 83rd minute. 1:1 in the 85th, which almost had me already celebrating. And then we fell apart. :(

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - March 2028 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga Santander

zyWzRh9.png

IM7k9eB.png

Five points from four games, that's not very good. Incredibly frustrating not to beat Atlético - it was by far our best performance in terms of chances created in a long time but the finishing was simply atrocious.

Youth Intake

QGGAMA6.png

Two guys who are actually quite promising.

Samson Oliseh

Jaume Córdoba

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - April 2028 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga Santander

EehpuSL.png

eQoMNAq.png

We're really bad away from home and we also failed to pick up three points at home when it mattered the most. It's going to be really difficult to overtake Levante now.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - May 2028 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga Santander

EV7TcLR.png

25CEauu.png

We did it! A very strong end to the season (poor Rayo!) combined with Levante failing to get anything from Sevilla and Barcelona means we were able to overtake them on final day and claim the Europa League spot!

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Review - 2027/28 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga

Results (Aug-Jan) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: 7th

The media kept repeating that we should be aiming for 40 points to ensure survival. We went way beyond that, ending the season with 62 and jumping into the European spot thanks to the final day dismantling of Rayo. What can I say - I had a feeling we could do it, and the team really delivered. Relegation was never really an option.

Copa del Rey

Competition Performance: Semi Final

We made it even further than last year but fell to a dramatic defeat in Barcelona despite a wonderful win against them at our place.

Squad

Heaps of potential in there. Oh, and of course I already have three incoming transfers lined up.

Transfers - Finances

Another decent transfer window in terms of improving our overall quality. I was particularly impressed with Muñoz; Jelinek, Suto, and Herczeg were fairly decent as well.

Getting promoted has done wonders to our financial situation.

Player of the Season

1st - Galder Muñoz - the most expensive transfer in the history of the club has instantly become our best player. Rock solid at the back and commanding in the air, Muñoz has been a key element in our wonderful league campaign. And he's only 19 - there's definitely much more to come.

2nd - Jacobo Gascón - he had an underwhelming year last season but this time he made up for it with 11 goals and 10 assists in the league alone. His pace and agility allowed him to become the engine in our counter-attacking system - a lot of our goalscoring moves started with him either winning the ball or carrying it himself from our own half into the danger zone. His value has also skyrocketed, which is always a good sign.

3rd - Miguel Ángel Gálvez - of course I couldn't overlook our top scorer for the second year in a row. 20 years of age, 17 goals in his debut season in the Spanish top flight - I've said this before but this lad surely does have a bright future lying ahead. Here's hoping he's going to carry the club forward with him.

Next Season

With the Europa League on the horizon we have a very long season to prepare for. Avoiding the second season syndrome will be crucial.

50 minutes ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

Good luck in the EL, your doing my family proud :brock:. Btw what tactic are you using seems as ou overpreformed so well at Lustians and here?

Glad to hear that! As for the tactics, I've used different systems - at Lusitans it was a custom 4-3-3 (with a DM and AMR/L) I created myself based on a rather unsuccessful attempt at the direct counter-attack preset and also a 4-4-2 earlier on, right now I'm using a slightly modified gegenpress preset, also with the 4-3-3 formation.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Preview - 2028/29 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

Board Expectations:

LaLiga Santander: Mid-table finish
Copa de Su Majestad El Rey: Fifth Round
UEFA Europa League: Group Stage

My Expectations:

LaLiga Santander: I'll be satisfied with a top half finish given how many games we'll probably have to play in all competitions.
Copa de Su Majestad El Rey: Do our best.
UEFA Europa League: Same as above.

Budgets:

Transfer: £15,073,990
Wage: £386,682 (currently spending £272,602)
Balance: £42,198,440

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2028/29 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

Friendlies

PmWg5yh.png

A much shorter pre-season because of the Europa League qualifiers.

Transfers

036tZob.png

Not a lot of transfers either, these were mostly meant for the future and/or depth.

Antônio Wesllem Esteves - a new centre back for the rotation.

Sasa Peric - a transfer that will allow Gálvez to be moved back to the striker spot.

Ferran - I have no idea what Valencia were thinking! An absolute bargain.

Pavel Vanek - he's quite good already but he wouldn't get as many minutes as he should, so he was loaned back to his previous club for a season.

Nikola Dzanko - pretty much same as above.

U4iCb09.png

And out of the blue this happened. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that questionable international job offers have been a thing on FM for many, many years. This probably should never happen in terms of realism, and my first reaction was to turn the offer down. But then I had second thoughts. And then I saw this.

NO68LBA.png

They are hosting the next World Cup, and they chose me in their hopes to become world champions on their home soil.

Suddenly the offer became impossible to turn down.

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - New Club - Spain

VnFUzJx.png

Maybe it happened too quickly. Hell, it sure did. I just couldn't say no though.

A8CHm1f.png

And, seeing as I consider managing a club and a country at the same time even more unrealistic...

wARrTTF.png

I'm sorry, @SmileFaceGamer! Hope your family won't be too disappointed!

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - September 2028 - Spain

Nations League

mgcWxzd.png

wqHduCa.png

As shown above, we couldn't win our opening fixture. One draw isn't a tragedy but we need to start winning now.

Friendlies

fAH5GlR.png

A confident display and a convincing victory over a decent Mexico side.

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - October 2028 - Spain

Nations League

wxQQwjH.png

iJkN5nw.png

Oh dear. Once again we dominated but couldn't take our chances and eventually lost thanks to not one, but two penalties. Back to the drawing board I go!

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - November 2028 - Spain

Nations League

R2HM8ey.png

7IBPH2S.png

So yeah, somehow I managed to get Spain relegated in the Nations League. :lol: I have no idea what's going on, perhaps it was too early for me to make that step after all?

Next year we have the Confederations Cup. We need a much, much better showing. Right now I probably have the whole nation against me!

1 hour ago, tyler16 said:

Oooh, what a twist.

How many of your former players have you called up so far?

None so far, although I've considered Sampedro and Muñoz. What's important to know is that I have loads of absolutely top class players at my disposal and the ones from Mallorca are significantly below that level. However, for some reason they simply refuse to perform. Could be my tactics, could be my relatively poor reputation. I just hope I'll find a solution before it's too late!

Archived