• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - May 2025 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

OMgfUND.png

6RQgYX2.png

A strong end to the season. We've equalled last season's points total, got one more win and scored four more goals in the end.

Copa Constitució

zEqOhT7.png

Our great defensive run is over. :(

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Review - 2024/25 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

Results (regular season) - Results (championship group)

Competition Performance: Winners

At the beginning we struggled to cope with playing both in the league and the Europa League, but after getting knocked out in the group stage we won all 15 games, showing our dominance and the gulf in quality between us and the rest of the teams in the country.

Copa Constitució

Three in a row now.

Supercopa andorrana

A dominant performance.

UEFA Champions League

Competition Performance: Second Qualifying Round

We managed to get past the first round for the second time in a row, this time being seeded. Salzburg were way too strong though.

UEFA Europa League

Competition Performance: Group Stage

An amazing performance in which we managed to win two games and finish 3rd in the group. This should do wonders to our coefficient.

Squad

We have two XIs and both are capable of dominating the league. We're only strengthening for Europe now.

Transfers - Finances

Once again quite a big turnover of players, something I always do. Not all the new players made an impact, but overall I'm happy with the business we've done.

Financially we're stronger than ever, although it's going to change once we start developing our facilities again.

Player of the Season

1st - José Pedro Seixas - finally! The most hyped player of this thread has started to perform as well as his attributes would suggest. My theory is that it was Batista's departure that forced him to fill his shoes and become the biggest star of the team. I'm seriously worried that we could lose him this summer though, just look at the teams who are interested.

2nd - Valter Fernandes - the 16-year-old fullback is already making a huge impact. He keeps developing steadily, and let's not forget he already was a wonderfully rounded player when he came through the youth intake. I can see him achieving big things in a few years, the talent is certainly there.

3rd - Manuel Silva - on paper he had a strong rival for his place in the team in Odilávio, but he ended up comfortably winning this rivalry and scoring some crucial goals for us, including a hat-trick in the Copa Constitució final. We're paying him quite a lot, but I'd say he's proven he's worth it.

Next Season

At this point we really have to be aiming for the European group stages.

56 minutes ago, tyler16 said:

Nice looking squad, happy to see Seixas finally coming good. Interested to see what type of players you can bring in over the summer.

Thanks! I already have a few transfers lined up for the window, and I'm definitely not stopping there. We're going to be even stronger next season. :thup:

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Preview - 2025/26 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Board Expectations:

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi: Win it
Copa Constitució: Win it
Supercopa andorrana: Not important
UEFA Champions League: Second Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi: Not impor... I mean, win it.
Copa Constitució: Not important.
Supercopa andorrana: Not important.
UEFA Champions League: Give it our absolute best.

Budgets:

Transfer: £3,820,056
Wage: £42,835 (currently spending £13,930)
Balance: £5,873,420

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2025/26 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Friendlies

Y1BBEcu.png

We took on some recognisable reserve teams this year.

Transfers

sxHw5Ss.png

On paper we've never brought in so much quality in a transfer window before.

Tony Sousa - I don't know what Rio Ave were thinking, but if he still has room for development, he's going to be absolutely amazing.

Mame Ly - some amazing mental attributes for an 18-year-old.

João Silva - a handy, relatively experienced centre back.

Orlando Redondo - an even better centre back.

Leonardo Chão - a classy, beautifully rounded winger.

Márcio Aleixo - amazing in the air, hopefully just as good on the ground.

9 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Great stuff 

what leagues you running? 

Cheers! I included the leagues I've loaded in the opening post, here's the screenshot:

g8T1K8I.png

At one point I removed Armenia, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, and San Marino though.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - July 2025 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

UEFA Champions League

VTXUvc7.png

****'s sake. I'm starting to hate the away goals rule! This could be a big setback, I seriously hope we can make up for it in the Europa League.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - August 2025 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

UEFA Europa League

rheY1uO.png

We started off horribly, conceding twice in Norway, but then got firing and didn't stop until the end. The season is officially saved.

Transfers

Paulo Pinho - our talented right back had to be sold to Vitória, but we got him back until the end of the season.

8 hours ago, Rikulec said:

wggtu4d.png

I'm not sure what to expect from Zorya, but Bayer and Young Boys are going to give us a proper hard time (Jesus, that sounds wrong).

Sod young boys being good, you should get out that group or am I underestimating Young Boys

14 hours ago, Rikulec said:

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2025/26 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Transfers

sxHw5Ss.png

On paper we've never brought in so much quality in a transfer window before.

Tony Sousa - I don't know what Rio Ave were thinking, but if he still has room for development, he's going to be absolutely amazing.

Mame Ly - some amazing mental attributes for an 18-year-old.

João Silva - a handy, relatively experienced centre back.

Orlando Redondo - an even better centre back.

Leonardo Chão - a classy, beautifully rounded winger.

Márcio Aleixo - amazing in the air, hopefully just as good on the ground.

Some really good signings there, one or two more years before you have a squad that can compete across the board in European Group Stages at this rate.

2 minutes ago, coady said:

Some really good signings there, one or two more years before you have a squad that can compete across the board in European Group Stages at this rate.

Our reputation is steadily improving, we've hit 1,5* this season, so hopefully you're right!

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - September 2025 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

noWI3HE.png

Ox0PdI2.png

So far we seem to have avoided the European hiccup. Interesting to see my first club FS Massana make it to the top tier for the first time in their history.

Supercopa andorrana

XRyWfLD.png

A good start to the domestic season.

UEFA Europa League

RE6p2uZ.png

tLaR1Ff.png

They ripped us to shreds with long shots and set pieces.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - October 2025 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

JzevttQ.png

R5LJH8f.png

We beat a 28-year-old league record of games won in a row and we're not going to stop there.

UEFA Europa League

TQVjfVs.png

QbXWj1I.png

The defeat in Germany was heartbreaking as we came back from two goals down only to concede once again in the 88th minute. We did manage a point against Zorya though despite them being the better team.

21 minutes ago, TheWednesday said:

Unlucky result in Germany, but doesn't look like you're a million miles away at all - one or two quality additions might do it. 

To be honest, they played a heavily rotated squad with plenty of youngsters. The gap in quality is visible, but we're steadily improving.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - November 2025 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

AXlcZgx.png

K18C34i.png

No longer perfect as we've had some serious difficulty scoring goals in the past three games. Must be the hiccup getting to us after all.

UEFA Europa League

dE6EPNx.png

HDvlJK4.png

A stupidly given away penalty against Bayer and a 90th minute goal against Young Boys left us without any points after two epically fought battles. Devastating.

Transfers

Oumar Guèye - the fact he only comes in as a rotation option really shows how far we've come in terms of squad quality.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - December 2025 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

1ufJAPj.png

6az5BZo.png

Perfect at the back, not so good up front. Two more points dropped.

UEFA Europa League

TfLtUUA.png

Ovd2T13.png

Turns out a bunch of Portuguese players can't handle a trip to Ukraine in December very well.

Transfers

Mathieu Meunier - Marseille decided he wasn't good enough for them, I'm not going to complain!

rQyPMHm.png

So yeah, I've received this offer. In all honesty, I've been thinking about when I should leave Lusitans for a long time. Of course playing in the Europa League is a great achievement for an Andorran team. On the other hand, I feel it would take a big jump in quality to go much further than just appearing in the group stages and getting some points here and there. Maybe we'd fluke a 2nd place once, maybe even a Champions League place one day. This was always supposed to be a career save though, and Rico Alvarez has been much bigger than Lusitans for quite some time now.

Five league titles. Four supercups. Three cups. Three Europa League group stage appearances.

Turning professional, massive upgrades to the club's facilities, effectively creating an amazing youth academy with potential to produce a wonderkid if they get lucky. Millions in the bank.

Club icon status.

It's been great, but it's time to move on.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - New Club - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

UDqdwrt.png

Our protagonist's real career begins here.

Club Name: Real Club Deportivo Mallorca
Nickname: Los Bermellones
Year Founded: 1916
Stadium: Son Moix (23,142 all-seater)

6wnH416.png

Compared to Lusitans, this is a club with a massive history. They won the Copa Del Rey in 2003 and came third in La Liga in 1999 and 2001. This is of course distant past, but there definitely is some success to look up to.

kMz2w3w.png

It's the 24th of January and we sit 6th in a very open league with 20 games still to play. We're probably not catching Eibar, but a promotion challenge could well be on the cards if we perform well right off the bat. My reign will begin with a trip to Deportivo, which should prove a good test.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - January 2026 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

vGzMc67.png

knj7sDl.png

We struggled until I decided to try and plug in the tactic I developed at Lusitans. Nice to win my first game in charge, especially when other teams around us drop points.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - February 2026 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

WgOYNU0.png

ujmdreO.png

The defeat at Levante means it will be extremely difficult to get automatic promotion. We have a comfortable advantage over Albacete though, play-offs should definitely be the aim for us.

Archived