FM19: An Ambitious Andorran

Rikulec

fR6iOMp.png

FM19: An Ambitious Andorran

Hello there. You may know me from a couple of hopefully half decent career threads around here, or just recognise me as the guy who always claps in @ManUtd1's threads. Regardless, here's my attempt at an FM19 adventure. I picked Andorra as the starting point just because my gut told me to. I guess San Marino would have been a bit too mainstream. Let's hope this develops into a memorable journey.

The Aim

Achieve the top of the Hall of Fame with an Andorran manager, following as realistic a career path as possible. @MarcxD always plays as an Andorran manager if I recall correctly, so this could be a nice tribute if everything goes well!

The Manager

bO3zdom.png

Rico Alvarez used to be the name of my Mexican-American alter ego in San Andreas Multiplayer way back in the day. Now it's time for him to try something different.

The Save

g8T1K8I.png

Almost half of Europe, including the smallest leagues in order for them to be competitive once I hopefully get to play in the continental competitions.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

The Aim

Achieve the top of the Hall of Fame with an Andorran manager, following as realistic a career path as possible. @MarcxD always plays as an Andorran manager if I recall correctly, so this could be a nice tribute if everything goes well!

Most of the time, yeah! :D Good luck, certainly got my interest piqued!

2D93Tyv.png

That didn't take long - I jumped in on the 14th of July.

FDg4kri.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - New Club - Futbol Sala La Massana

deppIfE.png

**** me, that badge is atrocious. :lol:

Club Name: Futbol Sala La Massana
Nickname: -
Year Founded: 2005
Stadium: Camp d'Esports d'Ordino (500 capacity)

uTSocJM.png

Hardly any history to speak of, but to my surprise we have really good youth recruitment for this level. This could be interesting.

aTrNcrQ.png

We're supposed to finish in the top half of an 11-team league. 20 games, starting in two months. Seems straightforward enough.

FDg4kri.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - September 2018 - Futbol Sala La Massana

Lliga Biosphere

D6r4Vgg.png

WAwmmb2.png

An unbeaten start, and Manuel Lopez is on fire! Annoyingly we threw away a two-goal lead against Atlètic Escaldes, this definitely shouldn't be happening.

FDg4kri.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - December 2018 - Futbol Sala La Massana

Lliga Biosphere

bC0LSq7.png

U3VWC7S.png

No longer unbeaten, but we'll spend the winter break in the driving seat. It's a three horse race between us, Extremenya, and Penya Encarnada. Just seven games to go, who will blink first?

FDg4kri.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - February 2019 - Futbol Sala La Massana

Lliga Biosphere

I52KLmT.png

qTjaqx2.png

Ouch, not what we needed going into the crucial stage of the season. The defeat to the worst team in the league definitely shouldn't have happened. Against Extremenya we managed to equalise in the 91st minute only for them to score again two minutes later. Just three games left for us, are we going to throw it all away and end in 3rd with nothing?

Youth Intake

o3HRjII.png

Supposedly it's a golden generation, but I'm not getting excited. The top two are decent, but they have poor personalities.

Luis Pinillos

Ángel Caballero

FDg4kri.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - March 2019 - Futbol Sala La Massana

Friendlies

jklhoHW.png

We only had one league game planned for the month and then we rescheduled it because of international call-ups. Two friendlies to give us some match sharpness before April - the month to decide it all.

9 hours ago, enigmatic said:

haha, absolute robbery!:lol:

What makes it even better is that the goal was a 60-yard hoof from our own box that flew over the top of their defence for a one on one. :lol:

9 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Ooh, hapless amateur sides - my very favorite! Following :onmehead:

Cheers!

FDg4kri.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - May 2019 - Futbol Sala La Massana

Lliga Biosphere

q8NMJLk.png

Heartbreak. In all honesty though, we were completely outplayed by both Inter d'Escaldes and earlier Penya Encarnada. We don't have the quality yet.

8 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

So long as your best players don't desert you, You'll start next season knowing your best XI, they'll know your tactics, and you'll hit the ground running :thup:

Thanks for the support, although we'll probably need more than that to really succeed.

3 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

It may be a blessing in disguise that you don't go up.

It probably is! Cheers.

FDg4kri.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Review - 2018/19 - Futbol Sala La Massana

Lliga Biosphere

Results

Competition Performance: 2nd

On the one hand, it's the best league position in the history of the club. On the other hand, we came so close to getting promoted that I just can't feel satisfied with this. It was all really decided when we lost to Penya Encarnada twice - and, as I've already said, it was deserved. Next year we'll be ready.

Squad

We have great quality players up front... and that's it. Not good enough.

Transfers - Finances

Andorra is a very limited market. I only made three signings and they didn't make too much of an impact. We're probably going to have to rely on our own youth largely.

We're a debt-free amateur club, so no real worries in terms of finances.

Player of the Season

1st - Manuel Lopez - an obvious choice. 20 goals in as many games in the league. What's even more shocking is that this result actually lowers his average - at the moment his career history reads 117 goals in 112 games!

2nd - Aitor Pereira - a dependable source of crosses from the right wing. He could frequently outpace his markers and then just hoof it in the general direction of our strikers. I can't really expect much more at this level.

3rd - Diego Galvez - probably the most consistent performer along our back four. He didn't exactly set the world on fire, but he was always dependable.

Next Season

Strengthen the squad, try to go up.

FDg4kri.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Preview - 2019/20 - Futbol Sala La Massana

Board Expectations:

Lliga Biosphere: Top half finish
Copa Constitució: First Round

My Expectations:

Lliga Biosphere: Play-offs, at the very least.
Copa Constitució: Not important.

Budgets:

Transfer: £0
Wage: N/A
Balance: £35,880

19 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Your youth recruitment field is an interesting detail. Does it/will it involve spilling over into Spain or France, I wonder? What is your scouting range?

So far I've only got Andorran players, and I can only scout Andorra. The latter could change if/when we go semi-pro, I suppose.

R5Ezump.png

A semi-pro team playing in a higher division? I'm in.

Jy5lMF5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - New Club - Inter Club d'Escaldes

sqQwAJC.png

I have to admit I'm genuinely excited about this.

Club Name: Inter Club d'Escaldes
Nickname: -
Year Founded: 1994
Stadium: Estadi Comunal (1,116 all-seater)

MYTx9vn.png

They've won the Lliga Biosphere two years ago and have been flirting with relegation ever since. It's time to guide them upwards.

fi3BsBi.png

The board expect us to avoid relegation. We have seven players in our first team at the moment, including two goalkeepers. Did I say something about Andorra being a limited market?

6 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

If you can hang around the youth facilities look okay.

They're actually worse than what I left Massana with, but with some time I'm sure I can get the necessary improvements.

5 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Good move.  :thup:

Thanks. :thup:

Jy5lMF5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2019/20 - Inter Club d'Escaldes

Friendlies

Y3AmCdD.png

Unbeaten, but we also couldn't beat our B team.

Transfers

KpDi9k7.png

The first two transfers in and both transfers out happened before my arrival.

Brian Menguel - a decent enough centre back.

Jonathan Ferreira - another central defender, probably first choice alongside Menguel.

Brian Teixeira - most likely a backup midfielder.

José Antonio Bernal - a familiar face from Massana. I believe in his potential.

Gabriel Cunha - a bit on the slow side, but we needed a wide player desperately.

Nuno Campos - another central midfielder.

Jy5lMF5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - September 2019 - Inter Club d'Escaldes

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

jp4IhCr.png

A9vhXO9.png

Two good wins followed by a hugely frustrating defeat in which we were the team that had the initiative. Early days of course, but it's surprising to see Lusitans at the bottom with zero points from three games!

45 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

What's the fixture list look like?

Lusitans at home, then Ordino away and FC Santa Coloma at home in November. Two games against teams who are also struggling, we should be getting something from those.

9 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Lusitans at home, then Ordino away and FC Santa Coloma at home in November. Two games against teams who are also struggling, we should be getting something from those.

Definitely good to have those 2 home fixtures.  Good luck! :brock:

Archived