FM19: An Ambitious Andorran

Rikulec

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

So many B teams in La Liga 123 now... Good luck at Mallorca, I like the choice of club.

The abundance of B teams means it's easier to get into the playoffs, which is fine by me. :lol: Thanks for the encouragement!

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - March 2026 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

EEd1um2.png

DESudt9.png

Uh-oh. Something went terribly wrong against Numancia and we haven't recovered since then. We need an immediate turnaround, our first game in April is a crucial trip to Albacete.

Youth Intake

QWqVquz.png

Poor. :(

Marcos Picó

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - April 2026 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

ByM8hrS.png

cN4BaLM.png

I wish I had figured it out earlier, but changing my central midfielder duo to a mezzala duo seems to be working beautifully. Our play looks so much smoother now, we seem to be on the verge of creating something great. Just a few more tweaks... and some reinforcements from the Czech Republic. Six games to go, can we hold onto the playoff spot now?

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - May 2026 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

tHA5jVT.png

E13uhQi.png

Scratch what I said before. Nothing works. Amazingly Deportivo are just as ***** as we are, so we could still make the playoff. Personally I just can't wait for the transfer window, there's going to be a complete makeover.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - June 2026 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

PTqo5Go.png

aFlwDLj.png

Heartbreak. Turns out the home leg against Las Palmas was a one off, and Albacete are absolute masters of killing games off. We dominated them at home only to fall victim to a long ball over the top and then in the return leg they went up quickly with a 30-yarder and then defended perfectly right until the 90th minute. I guess it just wasn't our season.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Review - 2025/26 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

Results (before my arrival) - Results (after my arrival)

Competition Performance: 8th (lost in play-off final)

A deceptively good start was followed by a period where I was absolutely clueless tactically, I'm not afraid to admit that. It was definiely a big jump up for me, it's not Andorra anymore and I can't expect to blow teams away with sheer quality. I really need to rethink a lot of things and prepare for the next season properly.

Copa del Rey

Competition Performance: Third Round

I had nothing to do with it.

Squad

Well, looking at this perhaps I should have done better. I feel the star ratings are a bit inflated here though, we can definitely do better.

Transfers - Finances

My only transfer was the sale of García, and even that had been negotiated earlier.

We have plenty of money, but we're losing it by millions. It's either promotion next season or massive, massive downscaling for the sake of adapting to a new reality.

Player of the Season

1st - Jacobo Gascón - the closest equivalent of the great Paulo Batista - a right-footed midfielder with a tendency to score a wonder goal from outside the box every now and then. If only we hadn't been so dependent on his thunderbolts throughout the campaign...

2nd - Juan Carlos Rochina - a young winger who's already good and has potential to outgrow the league we're in. I have high hopes for him, he should be our key player next season if everything goes well.

3rd - Borja San Emeterio - probably our best player in terms of sheer ability, I feel like I definitely haven't got the best out of him. I'll try to change that in the coming season should he decide to stay with us.

Next Season

From the financial point of view we're pretty much forced to go for promotion. From my personal point of view, I really want to win the league.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Preview - 2026/27 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

Board Expectations:

LaLiga 123: Top half finish
Copa de Su Majestad El Rey: Fourth Round

My Expectations:

LaLiga 123: I want to challenge for promotion.
Copa de Su Majestad El Rey: Meeting the board's expectations will be good enough.

Budgets:

Transfer: £2,158,713
Wage: £220,817 (currently spending £169,236)
Balance: £10,815,690

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2026/27 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

Friendlies

BLGVVBZ.png

We beat Atlético!

Transfers

D8dmjRd.png

I strongly believe the list on the left could contain at least one future World Cup winner.

Gabriel Sampedro - a top goalkeeper for the level we're at. Still only 22, and we got him for free!

Petr Berger - some amazing attributes for a left back. 19 years old.

Tomas Bartos - an absolutely ridiculous 16-year-old striker. If only we had someone to tutor him!

Michal Wagner - one of our two new centre backs. Spoiler: the other one is even better.

Josef Kalvoda - our new holding midfielder for years to come, hopefully.

Tomas Rysavy - the other centre back.

Carlos - a very one-dimensional player, but also one we desperately needed. An absolute bargain at £95K.

Ludek Vecera - for now he looks like the best pick of the bunch, which really does say a lot. He's ****ing ridiculous.

Lukas Latal - our final transfer was forced by the unexpected departure of San Emeterio. I don't think we're going to miss him.

5 minutes ago, JDeeguain said:

A lot of really good long term planning in that transfer crop, in your shoes I wouldn't be able to resist splashing the cash for short term revenge after the play off heartbreak. Futures bright!

These guys are already better than the more expensive options I could choose, so it was a no brainer really. :lol:

4 hours ago, decapitated said:

A lot of Czech players. Hopefully you can win the league with them :) 

The Czech Republic has always had great newgens on FM, but this year is exceptional. These guys are incredible, and their national team has some elite players already. A perfect place to raid for talent!

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - September 2026 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

p9UWMco.png

XL7sO0h.png

Our strong start continues despite dropping two points at Valladolid.

Copa del Rey

bn7nvtP.png

The game was much more comfortable than the scoreline would suggest.

We'll host Valladolid in the next round.

26 minutes ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

I have family in Mallorca (Parma de Mallorca to be precise) so this is quite exciting. Great transfers btw

Nice to hear that! All the best to your family, I'll do my best not to disappoint you. :thup:

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - October 2026 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

42Snnho.png

xwZm23u.png

Only two teams remain unbeaten as we end the month sandwiched between the two arch rivals.

Copa del Rey

EiGaBMC.png

We're still struggling to convert our domination into goals. Everything is still to play for in the return leg at Granada.

7 hours ago, decapitated said:

It looks like its going well so far despite the injury to Wagner :)

200.gif

5 hours ago, Constantine said:

Some quality signings you got there. And inconsistency can be a bit of an issue early in the season, especially when you change your team as much as you did. I expect your boys will be firing at all cylinders come January

I agree we still haven't kicked on properly despite the good results. The rest of the league should definitely be afraid. :)

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - December 2026 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

XWm8JxS.png

UHIcJNH.png

We had some difficulty scoring and lost to the worst team in the league, which in turn means we didn't finish the year in the 1st place.

Copa del Rey

sgAd9Kd.png

The Granada game wasn't the best of our performances, but the one against Sporting Gijón was a display of sensational football on our part, we could have easily scored five or six. A very good result to take to the away leg.

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - January 2027 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

DYhpNJH.png

OGMoK5i.png

A slight dip in form that may have been caused by mad fixture congestion (see below). I'm not panicking yet, but we need to recover in February.

Copa del Rey

DjAertd.png

Ouch! We finished the job against Gijón and then gave Real Sociedad a proper run for their money, only losing on penalties despite scoring the opening goal in the return leg. So, so close!

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - April 2027 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

Q9UKekI.png

fKLXfPc.png

Yes! Two perfect months in a row and we're officially going up! All that remains is a thrilling two-horse race between us and Barcelona B for the title. And guess who we're hosting in the final game of the season...

10 minutes ago, coady said:

Just caught up with this season, great work! How's Bartos getting on attribute wise? He looked the pick of the bunch to me and I can see he's been scoring a few goals.

Thanks. And actually Bartos is already off to PSG. :lol: I tried to persuade him to stay, no success though. At least we got a tasty percentage of next sale profit clause!

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - June 2027 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

UBMabpW.png

eCGI3m3.png

Champions! It was a very close game and fortunately it was us who eventually found a breakthrough and quickly followed through with a second. What a great performance to end the season!

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

UBMabpW.png

Champions! It was a very close game and fortunately it was us who eventually found a breakthrough and quickly followed through with a second. What a great performance to end the season!

:applause:

nGN5y7Z.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Review - 2026/27 - R.C.D. Mallorca SAD

LaLiga 2

Results (Aug-Jan) - Results (Feb-Jun)

Competition Performance: Winners

What can I say? We only went and won the damn thing! I had a feeling that after all the transfers we'd be capable of challenging for promotion but winning the league on final day with 96 points - just 5 short of Athletic's record from 2025 - was simply amazing. These kids will have the world at their feet if they work hard enough.

Copa del Rey

Competition Performance: Quarter Final

We had a great run and came just short, getting eliminated on penalties by Real Sociedad, who went all the way to the final and lost to Barcelona.

Squad

A young group with enormous potential that's probably going to be decimated by release clauses come summer. I have a feeling it's going to drastically change... again.

Transfers - Finances

Loads of transfers which is pretty much usual for me. The remarkable thing is that every single incoming player made an impact to some extent; it was an incredibly successful transfer window. As mentioned before, we've already cashed in on Bartos.

All safe and sound in terms of finances and that's already after spending £3M on facility upgrades.

Player of the Season

1st - Miguel Ángel Gálvez - the biggest discovery of the season and of course our top scorer. Scoring 24 league goals at the mere age of 19 is no mean feat, and let's not forget he's our academy graduate! This kid has all the makings of a future club legend, I have extremely high hopes for him.

2nd - Iker Losada - to be honest it was a last minute decision on my part to retrain him to play on the left wing, and boy, did he deliver! 14 goals and 15 assists rack up to the biggest individual contribution across the whole side. Without him we surely wouldn't be where we are now.

3rd - Michal Wagner - despite injury problems and some drama surrounding a potential transfer in January the young Czech emerged as the most dependable element of a defence that only conceded 26 goals throughout the whole league campaign, keeping 21 clean sheets in the process. Big clubs are already sniffing around.

Next Season

Another busy transfer window lies ahead, and after that... who knows? I have a feeling we could become a revelation.

Archived