Chef Raekwon

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

I sold him, so one problem less

Haha nice. I actually really like him, always performed very well as a central defender.

The weirdest thing was the three injuries following right after each other. He would be declared fit and just tear them again the next day, twice in a row. And it's not labelled as a recurring injury in his medical file. :)

Nice result against Inter by the way!

22 minuti fa, KlaaZ ha scritto:

Haha nice. I actually really like him, always performed very well as a central defender.

The weirdest thing was the three injuries following right after each other. He would be declared fit and just tear them again the next day, twice in a row. And it's not labelled as a recurring injury in his medical file. :)

Nice result against Inter by the way!

Me too, but he was moaning that he wanted to go and had offers, and i already have shuurs, pierie and vagnoman as backup, so i let him go.

Thanks, it was quite hard because i had Odegaard and De Ligt out, but Alena stepped up and was magnificent. The bad news is that Barcelona wont budge from his release clause, and even if he has me and Ajax among his favourites, i haven't managed yet to unsettle him and get him mad at rejected offers. I hope in the summer

1 hour ago, Raymond85 said:

Me too, but he was moaning that he wanted to go and had offers, and i already have shuurs, pierie and vagnoman as backup, so i let him go.

Thanks, it was quite hard because i had Odegaard and De Ligt out, but Alena stepped up and was magnificent. The bad news is that Barcelona wont budge from his release clause, and even if he has me and Ajax among his favourites, i haven't managed yet to unsettle him and get him mad at rejected offers. I hope in the summer

If they consider him one of the big talents it's unlike they'll let him go and I doubt you'll be able to unsettle him. If you want a (cheaper and more realistic alternative), you could have a look at Ludovit Reis from Groningen. I picked him up for 9M, his release clause and he's been very consistent even for my CL-winning team. 

Ludovit Reis_ Overview Profile-5.png

Ludovit Reis_ Overview Profile.png

1 minuto fa, KlaaZ ha scritto:

If they consider him one of the big talents it's unlike they'll let him go and I doubt you'll be able to unsettle him. If you want a (cheaper and more realistic alternative), you could have a look at Ludovit Reis from Groningen. I picked him up for 9M, his release clause and he's been very consistent even for my CL-winning team. 

Ludovit Reis_ Overview Profile-5.png

Ludovit Reis_ Overview Profile.png

He's good, but when you have Gravenberch as Alena's backup second season, developing nicely (i only curse his Determination of 2 that i managed to get to 5 and rising for now), but he is performing and will slot in at 18 if i can't retain him. I also have Gaston Pereiro coming from PSV at the end of his contract, i just had to poach him from our main rivals, so i'm set even if i don't manage to retain him.

@Chef Raekwon you sang the praises of Schuurs, Mazroui and Eiting at points on this thread, I'm just wondering who you chose to mentor them? Or did they start out with good personalities? Because at previous attempts I couldn't get Eiting beyond 10 Det Balanced and neither could I improve Mazroui. I seem to have bad luck with Schuurs' personalities too

18 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Chef Raekwon you sang the praises of Schuurs, Mazroui and Eiting at points on this thread, I'm just wondering who you chose to mentor them? Or did they start out with good personalities? Because at previous attempts I couldn't get Eiting beyond 10 Det Balanced and neither could I improve Mazroui. I seem to have bad luck with Schuurs' personalities too

As far as I know, some (a lot) of their personality is random and I also think I lucked out and had some high rolls regarding their PA. I'm not completely sure how my mentoring groups were set up as it has been months since I started that save, but Schuurs probably benefited from De Ligt, Wober and Blind, Mazraoui from Tagliafico (tend to stick backs together) and Eiting from Schone. Beyond that, I honestly don't know anymore.

On the flipside, I've had terrible luck with Onana's personality for instance, I believe he started with 4 Determination or so and never improved beyond 'Balanced'.

3 hours ago, Chef Raekwon said:

As far as I know, some (a lot) of their personality is random and I also think I lucked out and had some high rolls regarding their PA. I'm not completely sure how my mentoring groups were set up as it has been months since I started that save, but Schuurs probably benefited from De Ligt, Wober and Blind, Mazraoui from Tagliafico (tend to stick backs together) and Eiting from Schone. Beyond that, I honestly don't know anymore.

On the flipside, I've had terrible luck with Onana's personality for instance, I believe he started with 4 Determination or so and never improved beyond 'Balanced'.

Yeah I knew they were random but this  is my third try never seeing much improvement. Seems like we organise mentoring along very similar principles so must be mostly luck. Oh yeah my Onana never got beyond 5 on the last save, would have sold him if I got a decent bid

Edited by zlatanera

Well, it was a great season, and as suspected Man City was way too much. But i'm proud of the boys, Now time to work for the next season, probnabily Alenaless and with some crazy offers coming

756b3ddcc69acdbe84a650f8aac244b4.png

12 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

@Raymond85 top scorers in the league are all on 9 goals, I take it that's due to heavy rotation? Did you have like 11 people on 5+ in the league?

I abandoned my save...again. Went back to Lyon. 

Yep, i rotated to get the most out of the champions league, and also now my striker is a False 9, i've been studying rashidi and trying to get some more fluid football with the whole team involved, and it is working. Did far better this year, and involved in play much more my wingers and midfielders. While i've settled on Tonali as a replacement for Alena. He will battle with Gravenberch while i still hope to get some mentoring out of him

17 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Yep, i rotated to get the most out of the champions league, and also now my striker is a False 9, i've been studying rashidi and trying to get some more fluid football with the whole team involved, and it is working. Did far better this year, and involved in play much more my wingers and midfielders. While i've settled on Tonali as a replacement for Alena. He will battle with Gravenberch while i still hope to get some mentoring out of him

Eredivisie is definitely one of the best leagues for that. But it does slightly annoy me to never have the league's top scorer

Guyyys im struggling.

De ligt are not going to sign a new contract, and he has been  asking to leave for more than a year now. Fortunately, the contract expires in three years, but still I want to keep him. I should maybe have sold him while I was offered  600mill.

Now no one offers over 350 mill. Why is that?
And is it possible that he signs a new deal?

24 minutes ago, mr-feeno said:

Guyyys im struggling.

De ligt are not going to sign a new contract, and he has been  asking to leave for more than a year now. Fortunately, the contract expires in three years, but still I want to keep him. I should maybe have sold him while I was offered  600mill.

Now no one offers over 350 mill. Why is that?
And is it possible that he signs a new deal?

600million? What currency are you in?

yes it’s possible he re-signs, the reduced offers will be due to a combination of contract length and form - you naturally expect to pay less the shorter the contract, and if he’s not been playing as well since becoming unhappy then teams won’t be quite as desperate for him

4 hours ago, zlatanera said:

600million? What currency are you in?

yes it’s possible he re-signs, the reduced offers will be due to a combination of contract length and form - you naturally expect to pay less the shorter the contract, and if he’s not been playing as well since becoming unhappy then teams won’t be quite as desperate for him

Ok, its like 60£

@zlatanera Everton finished 10th with only 5 points behind the famous 'best of the rest' spot 7th. Chelsea finished 6th with 1 point behind 4th. So it came to me as a real surprise seeing that. :lol:

But as I'm writing this, I understand..

1842459732_Screenshot2019-04-16at07_52_11.png.c2008ae0855abb64bcafb9ede0f0d492.png

61ff4e76273e8f89f440dc11845ca767.png

I am actually thinking of saying no to this, as i sold Kristensen for 54 and this would be his first season starting. I am pretty sure i could get way over 100 mln if i keep hjim another couple of seasons.

Are you with me with this? i stalled for the time being

Edited by Raymond85

26 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

I am actually thinking of saying no to this, as i sold Kristensen for 54 and this would be his first season starting. I am pretty sure i could get way over 100 mln if i keep hjim another couple of seasons.

Depends. Do you need the money? Then sell. If not, then keep him. 

1 minuto fa, Rooks ha scritto:

Depends. Do you need the money? Then sell. If not, then keep him. 

Absolutely not, and also he is a model citizen for me now. It's just it's hard to not think twice at certain offers.... i'll just slap a 150 mln tag on him.

Edited by Raymond85

4 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

61ff4e76273e8f89f440dc11845ca767.png

I would keep him of him for now, I am sure you can get bigger offer than that in the summer.

53 minuti fa, john1 ha scritto:

I would keep him of him for now, I am sure you can get bigger offer than that in the summer.

It actually is summer, and i rejectd. I'm starting the season with him and Gravenberch mad at me. He has another 4 years contract, so it will not be a big problem for now. Gravenberch though has only 2 years, but nobody interested at the moment (he wouldn't sign a new contract while big clubs were sniffing. So as soon as he sulks up and gets back in line (i hope soon), i will tie him down.

As the first team needs a big injection of quality, the youth is promising. Having promoted some players to Jong Ajax, a new set of players is ready to fill the gap left in U19. 

518823070_Screenshot2019-04-16at21_59_04.thumb.png.ad603417fb7bf6822640ae4bf922166e.png

Decided to promote Gravenberch to the senior squad and let him show what he can do. Brobbey is ready for first team action, but with Dolberg ready to take the number 9, it seemed wise to give him playing time in the second tier. 

1184100936_Screenshot2019-04-16at22_04_26.thumb.png.70517ece3f0672d39979647d0d2b17ed.png

So it's been an intense summer, we lost Alena, but in my opinion we gained an even better replacement in Tonali.

This year's moneyball was Kristensen, who left for a total of 54 mln € (previous seasons ale in June to Tottenham), with Vagnoman his replacement at last, and Mazraoui his backup.

We sold some fringe players to make space for interesting youngsters (Mauri and Janssen out for a profit, and Schuurs moved to first choice defensive midfielder, with a big chance for Sierhuis to be a good backup for Dolberg.

Baba Rahman came for free because i was almost sure Tagliafico would leave us, but he didn't, so he'll be sadly third choice.

Also some experience came for free to buff mentoring in Lulic, Pieters and Falcao.

Last but not least, an upgrade in our backup keeper with Bizot for peanuts, and Van Leer out for a profit in the exchange.

7106c2b7df7fd3ae7fb096f3063bca0a.png

I actually feel the squad is so much stronger this season, with our youngsters growing and with the team gelling much better.

Here is what we look like in our three squads

c82663b3aef2eaad0e44485f25d21135.png

ec2faa966b0f39cc00a52805ff53ffae.png

f21b234650607cec61c8148353e671e9.png

Our results have been very promising, with an incredible feeling between Odegaard, Tonali and Dolberg, who have all been on fire in August

121c762fc010fd4b82d32ee6d9952bc6.png

No all is good news, the Champions League group draw was not our friend, even if slightly easier than last season's

e6984b31a08dcacc4f8626b0b855869a.png

Okay thats it!

After tonight, no matter how easy this save is gonna be, i am ready to start this journey and play De Ligt at this home club until he reaches 36!

If not now, when? 

Next year, its now almost certain this team will be pillaged just like Monaco was! 

So, @Raymond85 and all the other Ajax people here, whats the recommandations for a first timer in the dutch league?

Edited by CapaJr

13 minutes ago, CapaJr said:

So, @Raymond85 and all the other Ajax people here, whats the recommandations for a first timer in the dutch league?

If you haven't heard of a team, its probably safe to rotate quite heavily against them in order to rest players for the Champions League (and I tend to have a proper 1st and 2nd choice XI in my first-team squad).

If you have a really good player with 2 years or under left on his contract, sign him up ASAP before he gets unsettled as if you follow the Ajax model training replacements takes time. Also, block any release clauses as you can rack up spectacular selling prices if you do well.

Be prepared to face a lot of massed defences, you're the most reputable of the traditionally dominant 3 (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord). 

Also, set up Mentoring and take advantage of having the likes of Schöne and Blind with incredible personalities for it.

@zlatanera was perfect with those suggestions. I'd only add always look at home for a replacement before buying. You have something for almost any position in youngsters.

8 ore fa, CapaJr ha scritto:

Okay thats it!

After tonight, no matter how easy this save is gonna be, i am ready to start this journey and play De Ligt at this home club until he reaches 36!

If not now, when? 

Next year, its now almost certain this team will be pillaged just like Monaco was! 

17 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

So it's been an intense summer, we lost Alena, but in my opinion we gained an even better replacement in Tonali.

This year's moneyball was Kristensen, who left for a total of 54 mln € (previous seasons ale in June to Tottenham), with Vagnoman his replacement at last, and Mazraoui his backup.

We sold some fringe players to make space for interesting youngsters (Mauri and Janssen out for a profit, and Schuurs moved to first choice defensive midfielder, with a big chance for Sierhuis to be a good backup for Dolberg.

Baba Rahman came for free because i was almost sure Tagliafico would leave us, but he didn't, so he'll be sadly third choice.

Also some experience came for free to buff mentoring in Lulic, Pieters and Falcao.

Last but not least, an upgrade in our backup keeper with Bizot for peanuts, and Van Leer out for a profit in the exchange.

7106c2b7df7fd3ae7fb096f3063bca0a.png

I actually feel the squad is so much stronger this season, with our youngsters growing and with the team gelling much better.

Here is what we look like in our three squads

c82663b3aef2eaad0e44485f25d21135.png

ec2faa966b0f39cc00a52805ff53ffae.png

f21b234650607cec61c8148353e671e9.png

Our results have been very promising, with an incredible feeling between Odegaard, Tonali and Dolberg, who have all been on fire in August

121c762fc010fd4b82d32ee6d9952bc6.png

No all is good news, the Champions League group draw was not our friend, even if slightly easier than last season's

e6984b31a08dcacc4f8626b0b855869a.png

Pretty decent signings :thup: Can I see Schuurs's attributes?

Have you brought in ex Ajax players for coaching?

53 minuti fa, john1 ha scritto:

Pretty decent signings :thup: Can I see Schuurs's attributes?

Have you brought in ex Ajax players for coaching?

cb709757fa123b54dc66e2c1f11195db.png

I have only Bergkamp and Reiziger in my ranks. I went for the best staff possible. I had Stekelemburg last season solely for mentoring purposes, and he retired with Huntelaar in May

As someone who likes football, the fact that even if they fall at the next hurdle the team is most likely going to be broken up and of the 7 players that were sat down last summer and asked to stay another year - de Ligt, de Jong, Kluivert, Onana, Dolberg, van de Beek, and I think maybe Neres? (the article doesn't say) - the only one people would perhaps expect to still be an Ajax player in the 19/20 season is Onana is sad, and an indictment of the modern game.

On the other hand, as a Football Manager addict I'm excited for the chance of trying to kinda build something from scratch from whoever the new highest-rated de Toekomst products are (and anyone the spend the truckloads of money they'll receive on). Does anyone else feel this way?

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Speaking to all of the people in here who have done long term saves with Ajax is it possible to do a long term save and just youth players, so when a player goes have you got players decent enough to fill their positions or is investment needed.

I was thinking about doing something similar and starting a save predominately developing youth players but less restrictive so that I could sign:

• Dutch players
  • Anyone who has previously played for Ajax

11 hours ago, zlatanera said:

As someone who likes football, the fact that even if they fall at the next hurdle the team is most likely going to be broken up and of the 7 players that were sat down last summer and asked to stay another year - de Ligt, de Jong, Kluivert, Onana, Dolberg, van de Beek, and I think maybe Neres? (the article doesn't say) - the only one people would perhaps expect to still be an Ajax player in the 19/20 season is Onana is sad, and an indictment of the modern game.

On the other hand, as a Football Manager addict I'm excited for the chance of trying to kinda build something from scratch from whoever the new highest-rated de Toekomst products are (and anyone the spend the truckloads of money they'll receive on). Does anyone else feel this way?

In FM it's easier to keep the outstanding players. If you set up your youth in the first season, you should see results in season 3/4. So I see it as keep hold on the best players as long as possible and if monsters bids come in after 3 seasons, you have replacements lined up. 

I did set it all up in my second season - I'm at the start of season 3 - and I already see how it affects everything as my first team isn't as good as in season 1 and my youth still needs another 1 or 2 years so I need to look for transfers and spend cash for players that most likely will stay only 1 season or risk in competing in the Eredivisie only.

13 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Penny for his thoughts now

4 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Speaking to all of the people in here who have done long term saves with Ajax is it possible to do a long term save and just youth players, so when a player goes have you got players decent enough to fill their positions or is investment needed.

Depends what you mean by "long term". There's a guy in career updates doing an incredibly long one, and I'm considering doing one where I only sign players from our youth academy and the two affiliates that carry the name - Ajax Amateurs and Ajax Cape Town. In fact, as I turned off first window transfer budgets I may do that now anyway. 

1 ora fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Depends what you mean by "long term". There's a guy in career updates doing an incredibly long one, and I'm considering doing one where I only sign players from our youth academy and the two affiliates that carry the name - Ajax Amateurs and Ajax Cape Town. In fact, as I turned off first window transfer budgets I may do that now anyway. 

Has Ajax Amateurs ever given you anything wothwhile? Seems to always have been a waste of time for me

Edited by Raymond85

21 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Has Ajax Amateurs ever given you anything wothwhile? Seems to always have been a waste of time for me

Found a couple of guys on my last save that were looking like 4 star potential, one was 5 star potential but had already been snapped up by FC Utrecht, he came from the first intake, and I lost out on him to Chelsea at the end of season 3. 

2 ore fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Found a couple of guys on my last save that were looking like 4 star potential, one was 5 star potential but had already been snapped up by FC Utrecht, he came from the first intake, and I lost out on him to Chelsea at the end of season 3. 

i never keep an eye on them...... i should start

39 minuti fa, Rooks ha scritto:

Hurdle one is out of the way to get in the Champions League Group Stage. :cool:

550248982_Screenshot2019-04-18at19_38_05.thumb.png.5d1bbbd4a818823dc34c85538d0455ed.png

Season 3 i'm straight into the group stage. Season 2 i only had playoff. Dutch football is growing, next season might have 2 teams in group stage

2 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

Season 3 i'm straight into the group stage. Season 2 i only had playoff. Dutch football is growing, next season might have 2 teams in group stage

It can get even better. I now have two direct qualifiers and PSV even managed to survive the group stage by finishing second in a group with Barça, Bayer Leverkusen and Sporting Lisboa. Only one point behind Barça too!