Football Manager Touch 2019 Pre Release Beta Feedback

20 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've noticed that if you have a tactic selected but want to have a go at another of the pre-set tactics, it doesn't give the tips about what is the best formation, roles, etc, it just sticks with the formation and roles from your previous tactic. Does this in the main game too, but as you've got three tactic slots, you can get round it by completely deleting a tactic from one of the slot. You can't do that on this mode as you only have one tactic slot. It's a bit annoying if you want to try out the presets. 

If I'm understanding this correct you just need to click on the formation at the top of screen and you'll get a list of all styles and formations to pick from.

Love the game. Just wish the match injury and fatigue bug are fixed soon. Struggled with it even though I had a pretty big squad at Dortmund.

Is the lack of an intensity option in training a bug as well? Think that might be affecting things as well even though I've left the assistant in charge. Hopefully all this is fixed before release as I'm itching to get a long term save going.

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Is the lack of an intensity option in training a bug as well? Think that might be affecting things as well even though I've left the assistant in charge. Hopefully all this is fixed before release as I'm itching to get a long term save going.

You can adjust intensity per player. 

They are looking into the behind the scenes schedules and fatigue issue at the moment.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Hi,

Could someone, playing FMT, share some pics from the training?

Does it have the same depth that the full version?

image.thumb.png.a2f9e2e926f57fd5e5b2bc1c74952394.png

image.thumb.png.01b25d9482bd276550532131595279b7.pngimage.thumb.png.6eccda38c1aa9711ddb0f3db1368c027.pngimage.thumb.png.bb8ed8f8592338ebaf1d84cf67c84458.png

So no units panel or calendar schedules, these are taken care of behind the scenes. 

It's the same module for FM, the training focuses will map schedules according to what you've set.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Can someone from SI confirm if this is by design? Seems cumbersome to have to adjust it on an individual basis.

It is.

On 24/10/2018 at 09:12, SortitoutsiVP said:

If I'm understanding this correct you just need to click on the formation at the top of screen and you'll get a list of all styles and formations to pick from.

Yeah, you get a list of the styles, and a list of formations. What you don't get is the recommended formation and roles for each of the presets when you're changing it from one preset to another. You also don't get this in the main game, but you can work around it by fully deleting a tactic and starting again. You don't get this on FMT as there's only one tactic slot and it doesn't allow you to delete it. 

8 hours ago, tyro said:

The 3 tactics is only to train familiarity. It doesn't exist in FMT. However you can always save a tactic and switch over. 

Shame. I guess I'll stick to my one tactic per season management style then.

There is a bug with the scouting opposition bit. It was set up to be my director of football and then mid season I replaced him. The news item still has the old director of football's name - "I have the report compiled by [OLD STAFF] as requested" - unless despite being sacked he keeps doing my scouting for me lol

I've decided to give FM Touch another go again this year, having not only played the full fat version for the past few editions of FM. In fact, I don't think I've tried the touch version since the first year it came out. My first impressions are very positive.

Certainly, the biggest plus for me is that you can now load a lot more nations since I last played. That's a very welcomed addition for me, as I always want to play with the 5 main European footballing nations (England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain). The fact that I've been able to add several others and not get too penalised in terms of estimated game speed is also a massive boost.

The biggest compliment I can give to this version of FM is that it seems to have captured the spirit of some of the older versions that I enjoyed the most when I was a teenager. I was playing the full fat version last week and trying to get my head round the training module thinking to myself is this really what I want from FM. This version is very much build your squad, get them on the pitch and play. No hassle with dynamics or endless player interactions. It's back to the core experience, without the baggage of the main game that can be a real turn off for a lot of players. Although I do miss doing an overall teamtalk, although I know that's a feature that won't be for everyone on this version.

I like how things like scouting work with the reduced staff. I've set up a few different scouting reports to find various types of players going forward, so look forward to seeing the outcome of those. One minor issue here is that the staff will stop with the reports before sourcing any candidates for the position in question. Perhaps that needs looking at.

I'm currently playing Southampton as Man Utd, and the United players are wearing blue shirts and shorts with red socks. Hopefully that can be amended as well, as it looks like I'm playing in a France kit.

I'm going to finish a season on FMT and see how it shakes out. I'm interested to see how youth players join the team and at what age, given there are no U18 teams in the game. I'm curious to see how that works out.

On 27/10/2018 at 17:58, 17Gonzo said:

I'm going to finish a season on FMT and see how it shakes out. I'm interested to see how youth players join the team and at what age, given there are no U18 teams in the game. I'm curious to see how that works out.

Youth intakes on FMT happen at the end of the season, and they also normally yield a more limited selection of player. 

I'd like to offer some feedback on a few elements of this years FMT.

- - -

Scouting

It's a tremendous improvement on last years in terms of the way in which player recommendations come through, and the way in which the scouts are actually working. I was very critical last year that the scouts would gravitate towards big name players at big name clubs in regions that felt wrong under the scouting system but that is not the case this year.

I have seen the scouting team pulling out genuinely interesting recommendations that would add to the team and are very unlikely to be spotted otherwise. Highlighting players better who have a low valuation, but are good, than in the previous years edition. 

The best part with it is they're not just pulling out pure wonderkids either, other players do slip under the radar so its not catching everything. Which is at it should be in my opinion at least, but it's genuinely nice to have left the AI to do the scouting for me this year without really strict parameters and seeing interesting and new players recommended, rather than just reiterating the same known-names.

- - -

Training

The intensity level is a big thing I dislike at the moment, but not its inclusion, but its default mode of operating. I believe when you hit the check box to control a players individual training set-up the intensity should default to automatic. Either through a team instruction for the AM to still control intensity level or passively until the player changes it.

It's a great level of additional detail for those who want to engage with it, and what I think FMT should emulate across the board (engaging in as much, or as little detail as you want) but it creates this tedious situation:

Training > Individual > Tick Player > Set Role/Duty & Additional Focus > Set intensity level to automatic.

It's relatively minor, but in a full size squad its around 30 times you're clicking the intensity level to automatic. I appreciate the degree of control is there if I want to engage with it, and maybe in time I will, but right now I just want to get my players training on what I feel is best and leave the intensity level to the assistant/AI.

Again that being said, the indicator that it is on automatic is a fantastic inclusion. It makes keeping on top of it a lot more straight forward as the squad changes over time.

Archived