FM18: Ons Heemecht

Rikulec

2018-World-Cup-Qualifications-Europe-Fra

FM18: Ons Heemecht

Something to keep me occupied until FM19 comes out, I hope.

The Aim

Inspired by Iceland's success on the international stage in the past couple of years, I thought it would be great to jump into such a story and help develop a small European nation. However, having already been done here a couple of times, Iceland has become just a little bit too mainstream for me. So, keeping the same idea in mind, I decided to pick Luxembourg - while the population is higher, it's still really small and of course there's also the geography, being squeezed between two current football superpowers, Germany and France, and a potentially rising one in Belgium. The challenge is to develop both the league and the national team and make them competitive on the continental stage. I'll be starting unemployed and taking a few months off before starting to look for a job in the Luxembourgish second tier.

The Manager

jEUYPcc.jpg

Hello there.

The Save

To1cy0g.png

A selection of European countries for the sake of a better simulation.

euiMT4R.png

I jumped in on March 21, 2018.

fCo4T2N.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - New Club - CS Grevenmacher

qhSVPrJ.png

It's time to expand my knowledge about football in Luxembourg a bit.

Club Name: Club Sportif Grevenmacher
Nickname: -
Year Founded: 1909
Stadium: Op Flohr (4,000 capacity, 500 seated)

zngkaei.png

The facilities don't get worse than that, do they? Interestingly enough, the club seems to have had their day between the mid-90s and mid-00s, only failing to finish in the top two twice between 1994 and 2003. Apart from that, nothing bar the Coupe de Luxembourg in 2008. There are certainly some glory days to be revived here.

OfUmecp.png

With just six games to play, we sit 10th in the league, three points above the relegation play-off spots. The only problem? We have a grand total of three defenders registered for it, one for each position. To spice things up, the centre back has 3's for strength and jumping reach. Fun six games ahead.

1 hour ago, Timetxu said:

I once loved managing the national team. It feels like Luxembourg is so much closer to mid-tier European level than many think. It should be really rewardable!

45 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Followed, and looking forward to this!

Thanks guys, glad to have you here. :thup:

fCo4T2N.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2018 - CS Grevenmacher

Éirepromotioun

J77TaLk.png

ZA4dEyu.png

A confident win over the weakest team in the league. I'm thankful for that start, things are only going to get more difficult now.

17 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

I actually went to Diekirch for holidays a lot when growing up. Do they have a team of any notice? 

They appear to have a team in the third tier, Young Boys Diekirch. Nothing apart from that.

8 hours ago, MarcxD said:

Good luck man, will definitely be following. 

6 hours ago, kidthekid said:

great idea for a save. Best of luck

6 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Good luck with this mighty challenge!

Thanks, much appreciated. :thup:

fCo4T2N.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2018 - CS Grevenmacher

Éirepromotioun

QLdH4g6.png

bTFohNx.png

Oh dear. :D Turns out we're fairly decent up front, but without defenders it's rather difficult to get the results we need. Having lost the crucial game against Blue Boys, we're pretty much playoff-bound now. Lovely.

fCo4T2N.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2017/18 - CS Grevenmacher

Foussball Éirepromotioun

Results (white line marks my arrival)

Competition Performance: 11th

I guess I did as well as I could with the squad at my disposal. Or maybe not. At least when we actually managed to win, we did make it big.

Coupe de Luxembourg

Competition Performance: Third Round

No upsets during the previous gaffer's reign.

Squad

A few players who are good enough to play in the league... and a few who are not. Improvements needed immediately across all formations.

Finances

A slow but steady flow of money. As long as we're amateur, I don't think this will change much.

Player of the Season

1st - Kevin Thill - he's ****, but he scores goals from time to time.

2nd - Rui Marques - actually had a couple of decent games on the left wing. Still **** though.

3rd - André Mota - slightly less **** than his teammates.

Next Season

First off, survive. Then see what happens.

9 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

He's got *notably* better finishing than any of my Bayonne strikers.

Right, I guess it's something. :lol:

9 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Great read!

I don't really know why the Icelandic league is in FM but Luxembourg is not.  Assume its down to research quality

Either that or licencing reasons. Or maybe both. I have no idea, to be honest. Thanks for the support. :thup:

12 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Good luck mate good to have a Luxembourgian save here too.. :thup:Their national team had big improvement last 4-5 years.. 

Hopefully this improvement will be recognised by FM and I won't have to build everything up from the level of San Marino or Andorra!

5 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Good luck!! Some task on your hands!

Cheers mate. :thup:

wZgVsEM.png

vhJKXc6.png

Time to get started.

Also, apologies in advance for a lack of updates over this week. I have plenty of work left to do until Saturday, but from then I should have much more time to play and post. I may be able to slip in a couple of updates between Wednesday and Friday, and probably a season preview later today. Stay tuned.

fCo4T2N.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2018/19 - CS Grevenmacher

Board Expectations:

Éirepromotioun: Mid-table finish
Coupe de Luxembourg: Third Round

My Expectations:

Éirepromotioun: What the board say.
Coupe de Luxembourg: Not important.

Budgets:

Transfer: N/A
Wage: N/A
Balance: £23,304

fCo4T2N.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2018/19 - CS Grevenmacher

Friendlies

NTtlZUa.png

A beautiful if unexpected clean sweep.

Transfers

BzdIBsd.png

We just poached everyone who wasn't disinterested and/or completely useless. :lol:

Oscar Martin - he actually looks decent for our level. Good job from the scout.

Jean Rémy - I found him myself, and he's a massive upgrade on what we had in the left back slot.

Esteban Worré - he signed for us and left just three days later. Make up your ****ing mind, kid.

Bernardo Barbosa - I guess he's not bad.

Jeff Winckel - a natural striker, but he'll probably spend more time as an AMC.

António Martins - my assistant says he's ****, I say not as much as some of the others.

Daniel Lourenço - he's already agreed a move to another club in January. These guys are just crazy.

Ericsson Santos Duarte - someone with actual experience, not bad either.

fCo4T2N.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2018 - CS Grevenmacher

Éirepromotioun

Av96YzP.png

2Jg76Xc.png

I can't see us becoming consistent anytime soon. 5th so far, good enough at this stage.

Coupe de Luxembourg

BCeJj0M.png

We squandered a number of really good chances, but still managed to overturn a one goal deficit and advance to the next round.

27 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Very hot and cold! Players will still be settling in to the system etc. Good enough start. 

I think it's rather the case of the players being so bad that they can't maintain a decent-ish level of performance for 10 minutes straight, let alone two league matches. :lol:

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

I think it's rather the case of the players being so bad that they can't maintain a decent-ish level of performance for 10 minutes straight, let alone two league matches. :lol:

:lol: to be fair that makes more sense 

fCo4T2N.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2018 - CS Grevenmacher

Éirepromotioun

gds75Ux.png

Aakk2pV.png

Woah, an unbeaten month! We still seem shaky, but there appear to be signs of progress.

Transfers

Adrian Mărunţelu - a winger who can actually cross. He should be a useful addition once we're able to register him in January.

12 minutes ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

seems now you have a few of your own players in things are going a lot better for you, good luck with this

It certainly does seem better after the transfer window, still a long way to go though. Thanks. :thup:

fCo4T2N.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2018 - CS Grevenmacher

Éirepromotioun

VUP3JKf.png

yGBij7t.png

Maybe we really are clicking after all?

Coupe de Luxembourg

czN03o8.png

A surprisingly hard-fought win against a lower league team.

fCo4T2N.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2018 - CS Grevenmacher

Éirepromotioun

YI5mMIq.png

8ZdoCf0.png

Ten games unbeaten in the league...

Coupe de Luxembourg

EbNEFSg.png

...and twelve in both competitions. Fola Esch away up in the next round though, we're going to get pumped.

Archived