I'm out of retirement bang goes my marriage and job

After avoiding this game like a junkie avoids crack, I have returned. I have not intensely played an FM game since FM 06. I just found it too overwhelming compared to the halcyon days of Champ on the Amiga and PC.

PES and FIFA are not fulfilling that Itch, plus I carry my macbook with me everywhere.

But the truth is I love football, I love the detail in football manager and deep down part of me loves the emotional rollercoaster.

So I will take up the challenge of bringing the mighty Arsenal back to glory. 

I'm home gents😢😪😪🤔🤔🤔

My argument to me wife is this, fm is my hobby. She laughs but I say what's fishing? It's just sat by a river bank holding a rod for hours and hoping for the best. Fm just means I'm sat on the couch next to her holding my laptop for hours and hoping for the best! Plus at least she knows where i am! Ha ha 

Since I discovered FM (or CM as was) I've seen off two wives. The third one has stuck around for 10 years. She loves FM because it means I don't get out to see other women and we save a fortune on booze I don't consume. She also earns more than me and wants me to take early retirement so I have more time for the game. Think you'd call that a keeper!!

1 minute ago, XaW said:

That depends, how's her reflexes and handling? :brock:

My first wife had a tendency to punch, and she'd also kick up a storm around the house. It didn't take her long to rush out of the house and seek a divorce. I finally made the right decision, exercised my vision and finished with a gal who had the composure to enjoy watching me with FM.

19 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

She also earns more than me and wants me to take early retirement so I have more time for the game.

Had to read it 10 times to believe in my eyes, thats not a keeper, thats the defenition of perfection :applause:

On 15/03/2018 at 04:36, Joey Numbaz said:

I drink while I play FM sometimes so we don’t get the saving money aspect unfortunately. :lol:

Yep, so do I.

My wife buys me FM every year so I cant complain. She is happy as long as I dont ignore her or the kids :D

On 15/03/2018 at 04:36, Joey Numbaz said:

I drink while I play FM sometimes so we don’t get the saving money aspect unfortunately. :lol:

Aye me too. By the time the missus is home from work, I've lost the capacity to engage in normal conversation. Ha ha.

I also get through dozens of packets of crisps...

Archived