FM 18 MM VOLANTE 442 Knap

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Knap, with this 4-4-2 tactic, is there one you'd recommend for a lower level Premier side?  I got promoted with Leeds, barely stayed up the first year and 0-3 starting the second year with some new upgraded players.  I think going to basics like a 4-4-2 might be smart at this point.  But we're 1000-1 to get relegated, picked 20th in the pre-table.  Thanks for any suggestion.  I've already downloaded the three in the OP and then the Anchor you posted later.

The 4411 is good if you only have 1 decent fwd and wish to use an AMC.

Anchor is the most defensive tactic

The double volante is probably best overall tactic but depending on your team the others may be the better option.

Interesting group of tactics. I assume you can drop the mentality if you wish to decrease the risk? I feel that attacking can be unnecessarily risky at times. 

Also a SUS method I assume can be going for contain and making the wingbacks defend? any other TI changes?

Finally what is the difference between the two 4411’s in the OP?

thanks for the work on these. 

The mentality slider has moved from counter in FM 17 to Attacking in FM 18 - Dropping down to Contain may be overkill perhaps defensive waste time and WBs to defend.

The front 2 are switched so the midfield interaction is different, although same result.

The 442 s are stronger but don't fit Spurs so well.

TAhTQWd.png

Using anchor man, first season. what a great tactic man, thank you for sharing.

Jhon Cordoba - P34 - G20 - A12

Osako - P22 - G15 - A13

Maxi Romero - P24(10) - G23 - A18

Only bought Romero and Danilo (Braga) in the start, and they had a great season. In January RBL and Bayern came and got two starters from my team, and I got Jorge from Tenerife and N'Diaye from Getafe.

I played every game, no instant result. I usually replace the players with lower grade (6.4 and below). I did not change a single thing in the tactic during the season or games.

If I did a season with Arsenal using control then I would get less pts.

Last year to get he same pts with Arsenal the mentality slider was on counter. These tactics were not counter attack tactics it was just the optimum slider setting. This year the optimum slider setting is attacking.

As long as you are happy to use another mentality setting say attacking home counter away then you may or may not get better results than just using attacking

27 minutes ago, knap said:

If I did a season with Arsenal using control then I would get less pts.

Last year to get he same pts with Arsenal the mentality slider was on counter. These tactics were not counter attack tactics it was just the optimum slider setting. This year the optimum slider setting is attacking.

As long as you are happy to use another mentality setting say attacking home counter away then you may or may not get better results than just using attacking

Ok understood. Thank you. Do you plan to make any group of formations using same philosophy like the Disraeli Gear sets in fm 17?

Happy Christmas by the way. 

Hi Knap, was using this with a Crystal Palace save (both anchor and double versions). I have managed to bring in some renowned wonder kids like de Ligt, Arthur,  van de Beek, Romero, Cutrone and Geubbels so some shift in the squad. We started the season great with I think 4 wins in a row including over Arsenal, but then we got humped 6-1 by Liverpool and since then the tactic has been really inconsistent, especially away from home. Would this suit a underdog team with a youth policy, or should I be looking at something else?

4 hours ago, knap said:

Is this pre post patch? Lpool have a lot of pace and defeat may hav hit morale. Who handles team talks press?

Post patch but have used your 18.2 version. Am playing Touch so no team talks. Have since got a bit on track but still finding it tough away from home

Getting results Away are difficult and may require a different approach. The 3430 tactic may help or just changing to a lower mentality such as counter. Very difficult away games can sometimes be won using a full SUS all game.

There are ways to go defensive - the AI formation will show which winger and FB is on attack. Dropping your FB to defend and tight marking and closing down the FB with OIs.

A full SUS is

FBs on defend or change to DCB

Drop mentality to contain

Add take fewer risks

Add take a breather.

Tight mark close down the AI FBs

A combination of the above can be used, may just need to drop to counter which will mean a lower DL and less risks taken

I think confidence was the issue after a couple of humpings! We seem back on track after a few scrappy wins. Not sure how to remedy confidence in Touch? Have also dropped to defensive if leading from about the 75th minute which seems to have mitigated against late goals which were driving me bananas

Knap, I've made a small tweak to the Anchor version if you or anyone else wants to test it.

Basically I've dropped one of the F9's to be a CM(A), so it's now a deep 4231.  I've played 20 games across 3 different saves and won all of them so far.

Edited by macca72