[FM18] War! Huh! Waalwijk It Good For? Absolutely Nothing!

Deisler26

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, SpikeHughes said:

Painful four nil up! So harsh. 

7 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Unlucky mate..This away goal rule sack..:(

12 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Oh no..... After being 4 up... :(

I only have myself to blame. I was thinking about the next round, which is why I withdrew my striker. And maybe I shouldn't have gone so defensive. 

Ouch, that is cruel. 

Don't worry happens to us all, FM likes to screw us over from time to time. Was watching DrBenjFM, the youtuber the other day and he had lost the Europa league final on pens after a 0-0 draw where he had 6 clear cut chances and 10 half chances, plus hit the woodwork like 3 times as well! 

3 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Ouch, that is cruel. 

Don't worry happens to us all, FM likes to screw us over from time to time. Was watching DrBenjFM, the youtuber the other day and he had lost the Europa league final on pens after a 0-0 draw where he had 6 clear cut chances and 10 half chances, plus hit the woodwork like 3 times as well! 

I feel his pain!

3 hours ago, andychar said:

How hard did you computer hit the wall? Very tough luck there. Avenge next season!

I was tempted, trust me.

2 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

That is a sickener. If I were you I'd fire all the players who failed me and scored under 6.5 but I've found that I've become very vengeful these last few days...

If I had a gun...

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk 

2018/19 SEASON REVIEW

Ugh. I said I didn't want to experience those lows again and somehow, fate conspired to make it worse this year. However, the chairman has agreed to upgrades for the Youth Coaching & Youth Recruitment, so this should help going forward. However, we have lost our Head of Youth Development to retirement, so that will be something to spend most of the year, trying to replace. A special congratulations to Eddie Nketiah who again won the Jupiler League Golden Boot Award by DOUBLE his nearest rival. He also walked away with the Jupiler League Young Player of The Year, but SOMEHOW, didn't win the Jupiler League POTY

Final Table

Results

End of Season Awards: In fairness, that Allan goal was one of the sweetest hits I've seen.

End of Season Review: Up to 42% full now! Still gotta do better though.

Overall Best Eleven

Player Stats

7 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Starting to hate this chairman, tbh

5a14d09071dc3_ScreenShot2017-11-21at21_34_43.thumb.png.889ac3db6367384193e591200e113e74.png

5a14d0a303415_ScreenShot2017-11-21at21_45_59.thumb.png.b3910ada716068b0f8e1e3c073a2edc6.png

An absolute goddamn pittance. Would have held out for £1.5m and 50%. Instead, we've lost him for £700k and no sell on :seagull:

Same thing happened me with a transfer this season, massively annoying.

45 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Same thing happened me with a transfer this season, massively annoying.

So I play with Eupen every FM, and this season was no different sold three of me best players brought in Piers Martinez from Peru for 4m single handedly got me into europa cup in my first season scoring 22 goals 12 assisted in 36 games. My board thought selling him for 12m was a good idea secound season no Europe anymore and unless I can turn this form around no job for me. SI defiantly got the boards spot on money obsesssed fat cats.  

RKC Waalwijk 

AUGUST 2019 TRANSFER WINDOW

After the heartbreak of last season, I tried to scale back on the loan players that I used. I was given a brief to finish in the Jupiler League playoffs and reach the Second Round of the KNVB Beker. All with a £34k wage budget and a £722k transfer budget. Judging by our red-hot start last season, we should do well.

We kicked off the 2019/20 Jupiler League season away to MVV Maastricht. Who promptly raced into a two-goal lead by 15 mins. What a shambles. Loan signing Dan Crowley fired home from the edge of the area to reduce the deficit on 26 minutes, but we prompted collapsed to give them a two-goal lead again. 16 year old youth striker Maarten Groenveld then pounced, just 15 SECONDS after HT, but we couldn't tie it up as we lost 2-3.

Next up was recently-relegated FC Eindhoven, who scored their only shot on target as the Eindhoven keeper proved himself the MoM in a frustrating 0-1 defeat. We salvaged some pride with a 1-1 draw with FC Den Bosch. They took the lead early again, but new signing Rodney Kongolo popped up to fire home the equaliser on 56 minutes. 

However, we came up against Jong Ajax Amsterdam in inspired form and with their Premier League-esque strikeforce of Okazaki & Llorente, they ran riot, winning 1-3 despite us taking the lead through Arsenal loanee Yassin Fortune.

That result put us bottom of the league and I dreaded the visit of Fortuna Sittard. I was right to do it too. We hit the post 3 times with our first three shots. They scored their first after a dubious challenge in the box awarded them a penalty. However, we took the game by the scruff of the neck and teenage striker Maarten Groenveld hit two along with a Dan Crowley penalty & Thierry Ambrose's first for the club since signing permanently on a free transfer as we ran out 4-2 winners.

- Results - Table -

Transfers

After last season, I didn't want to upset the balance of the squad, so I re-signed Talith Chong (Manchester United) for the third season running. I tried to sign Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal) again on loan, but Arsenal denied us :(. How do we go about replacing 61 goals in 59 league games??? Well, for a start, we signed THE KING to a permanent deal, after his release from Manchester City, Rodney Kongolo was another City releasee who spent time with us last season who I managed to sign on a free. I then loaned in relegated Willem II Tilburg's English midfielder Dan Crowley for the season. Also coming in on loan were Arsenal duo M/AMC Kelechi Nwakali and ST Yassin Fortune, although Nwakali was sent back on deadline day. 

When we hit deadline day, the reality of the situation hit me and I got a couple of loans in to bolster the squad. Tottenham Hotspur duo, AMRLC/ST Kazaiah Sterling and DRC/DM Anton Walkes were hurriedly brought in. I also spent £145k on FC Utrecht's AMLC Karim Loukili. Time will tell if I panicked or I made the right choices. I also signed two youth players.

Selling-wise, I lost a lot of my young players to clubs. Pieter Bruggeman was the one I regretted most. Sold above my head to Lille OSC for a mere £700k. Also leaving were AMC Jon Aguirre (RCD Mallorca, £250k + 50%), MC Cesar Neto (£210k + 50%, FC Porto), AMR Mart de Graaf (£24K, rising to £42K + 50%, FC Twente Eschede), DRC Berry de Koenig (£750k + 50%, Feyenoord Rotterdam) and M/AMC Sinan Cengiz (£100k + 50%, FC Twente Enschede). I think they smelled blood in the water and I could do with the cash to bolster my upgrades.

I also had a few players leave who were unhappy with their game time or wanted bigger clubs. Rather than try to appease them, I simply put them up for sale. D/WBRL Gigli Ndefe went to Belgian side KV Kortrijk for £60k, rising to £75k with add-ons, AMC Phillippe van Arnhem went to newly-promoted Achilies '29 for £40k, DM/MC Roel van de Sande surprisingly chose recently-relegated Willem II Tilburg for £50k and finally, Geoffrey Acheampong, the mainstay of my defence decided he wanted better and was off to SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden for £500k + 50% sell on.

- Transfers -

2017/18 KNVB Beker Second Round

22 October 2019

2045hrs, Mandemakers Stadion, Waalwijk

RKC Waalwijk 3 0 sc Heerenveen

5a1749f14135f_ScreenShot2017-11-23at22_20_21.thumb.png.a5862f09ba4874c6a4f33033a2acd036.png

I've gone out in the first round the last two seasons, so this was an excellent result, against Eredivisie opposition too!

On 11/10/2017 at 14:59, Deisler26 said:

I was very much the center of attention. I was in the players bar before the game with the hardcore supporters and the barmaid says to me and my two mates! "I pour you a British pint!!" and basically filled a glass and took the WHOLE head off it. She presented it to me with such pride, I was quite touched. She then nudged her co-worker and pointed at it and said "British pint!" :D

If she did that in Yorkshire, she'd have it thrown back at her :D

RKC Waalwijk 

JANUARY 2020 HALF-SEASON REVIEW

We kicked off September 2019 with a pair of 1-1 away draws to Helmond Sport and Heracles Almelo, which we then followed with a pair of home 3-2 wins, over Roda JC Kerkade & de Graafschaap. We then went 0-3 down in the first half to Jong AZ Alkmaar.. But three goals in the last 15 mins from Chuma, Thierry Ambrose & Yassin Fortune gave us the unexpected 3-3 draw.

We took the lead at home to Jong PSV Eindhoven, but we conceded two goals early in the second half and lost 1-2. We tore apart FC Volendam 3-0, thanks to a Thierry Ambrose double, his first coming inside a minute, but it took a 96th minute equaliser from Yassin Fortune to give us a share of the points in a 3-3 draw against Go Ahead Eagles. 

Sandwiched between identical 1-2 losses to Sparta Rotterdam & FC Oss was a lucky 3-2 win over Jong FC Utrecht. We went 2-0 up thanks to an own-goal and Dan Crowley's penalty, but got pegged back to 2-2 within five minutes of the restart, but a thumping finish of an own-goal gave us all three points in a 3-2 victory. We then embarked on a four match unbeaten streak, beating bottom club Achilles '29 (2-1), Almere City (3-1) and MVV Maastricht (1-0), whilst drawing 2-2 with SC Telstar.

Then, as ever with my stewardship of this team, the wheels fell off. Losses to FC Eindhoven (0-3), Jong Ajax Amsterdam (2-3), Fortuna Sittard (0-4) & Helmond Sport (0-2) sent us into a tail spin, with only a 2-0 win over FC Den Bosch as compensation.

I made a huge mistake this season, there has been far too many arrivals and chopping and changing. It's wrecked me in terms of performance and what I want out of the club.

- Results - Table -

Transfers

I went stupid in this transfer window. I bought a number of players without wondering if they were good for the club or my formations. First off, we spent a club-record £1.3m on Sparta Rotterdam defender Sherel FloranusI originally bought him to cover the problematic left back slot, but he could also do a job in the centre. We then signed Dan Crowley on a permanent deal from Willem II Tilburg for £350k. A pair of Norwegian left-backs followed, Ødd Sigurd Abøy for £7k from Sarpsborg 08 FF and Are Gellein on a free.

Finally, I signed transfer-listed Feyenoord Rotterdam DC/DM/MC Pablo Rosario for £120k and FC Utrecht winger Bilal Ould-Chikh for £180k. Most of these signings were utter panic mode signings and I hope I can repair the damage next season.

Leaving the club was Wayne Rooney. He'd not impressed while he was here and a shock £250k bid from the MLS' Portland Timbers was happily taken. Also leaving was Rodney Kongolo, who was being tracked by 1.FC Köln ever since he had signed for me and a market-price bid of £500k was enough to swing me. He was a DR Congo international and that coloured my judgement somewhat. Brem Soumaoro, my first cash signing whilst in charge, also left as sadly, he really didn't have the quality to play in the role I had bought him for. He left for FC Eindhoven for £80k. Finally, Kylian Hazard had been moaning about lack of game time as I had been playing Rooney in his spot and when I tried to calm him down, he gave me an ultimatum. So he was off-loaded to RC Gent for £100k, sold at a loss.

I am going to have to go back to basics in the next season. We have players here who don't fit what I want to do and they need weeding out. I also need to try and understand the scouting more, as I've signed a number of duds recently and I can't tell if my judgement is off, or I'm getting bad reports.

10 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

I can't believe he came either. Can't see Colleen living in Waalwijk somehow :D

Oh she would have left him years before the move. Poor Wayne thought all of Holland was like Amsterdam and moved for only one reason...

26 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

5a1bd544ac827_ScreenShot2017-11-27at09_04_38.png.8840c3183e9ede793ca8ccf625fa9b9b.png

S***

I’ve had that a few times like you said yourself. Get back to basics, and if I can give you just a little advice a for scouting Belgium 2nd division so fantastic talents exceptionally cheap and also Portugal but from previous posts you already knew that.  

RKC Waalwijk 

2020 YOUTH INTAKE

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 12.51.00

Full Intake Overview

Well, not a golden generation. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that this intake was a bit of a dud. The players look good, but no needs were met in this intake, so I might look at selling the highest prospects. Paco Cruzado looks like the one player I'll concentrate on to get into the first team.

Key prospects

1.  Jeffrey Clement MC
  2. NIlton Santos AMRC
  3. Paco Cruzado DC
  4. Edgar Pedro AMR

If it comes to it, Nilton Santos might get a game or two on the wing and I should re-train Clement to play as a SV.

32 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Goodness me.... HOpe your fortunes turn sooner rather than later.

If you were sacked (plz don't be sacked), you'll end the post/career or keep going with it?

Cheers,
Bitner 

I honestly don't know. I don't want to leave RKC at all

2019/20 Eredivisie Playoff First Round, First Leg

13 May 2020

2045hrs, Mandermakers Stadion, Waawijk

RKC Waalwijk 1 2 De Graafschap

For the third year in a row, we'd made the playoffs. After last year's horror show, I was desperate to at least put up a good fight in this year's playoffs. However, a broken ankle, damaged cruciate ligaments and a sports hernia put paid to three of our top four strikers.

But to start at home was a good thing. Also we were looking to get rid of the bitter taste of the 0-5 defeat to today's opponents De Graafschap. The roar of the crowd seemed to galvanise the team as we walked out and I told them that we had the talent to win and to go out there and win.

Almost immediately, we lost another striker. Chuma went up for a header and came down with a concussion. Striker #4 down. We were battling hard and outplaying De Graafschap. On 41 minutes, a deep cross from the right beat everyone apart from Tahith Chong. However, he ballooned it over when it seemed easier to score.

Half time came and we'd only allowed two shots on goal by De Graafschap. I encouraged them to keep going and sent them back out.

We started the second half much the same way as the first. Controlling the play and attacking at will. We then lost a FIFTH striker to injury. Bilal Ould-Chikh was the victim this time.

By 75 mins, we'd limited them to 3 shots overall and we'd more than trebled their shots and SOT. However, a deep cross from the right on 80 minutes led to them scoring a header from a VERY tight angle. 0-1. However, we finally broke through their defences, just two minutes later. Yassin Fortune, the man who had stepped up in Ambrose's absence knocked the ball in from another good cross from the right. 1-1

But it wasn't to be, as for all our attacking, we were undone as a ball from the right found their striker with the freedom of the penalty area and he slotted home on 89 minutes to make it 1-2 & complete a smash-and-grab raid and give us a mountain to climb away from home. There was still time for Daan Rienstra to see red for a second bookable offence to really compound our misery...

Archived