[FM18] War! Huh! Waalwijk It Good For? Absolutely Nothing!

Deisler26

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2023/24 UEFA Champions League, Matchday 4

8 Nov 2023

2000hrs, Camp Nou, Barcelona

F.C Barcelona 3 - 0 RKC Waalwijk

5a54b5d31e57f_ScreenShot2018-01-09at12_27_42.thumb.png.1a901aeed73eaca0d81f7fef6248610c.png

Proud of them. The backups held Barça to our lowest defeat of the tournament, even when we were down to 10 men. The result led to...

5a54b61335cfd_ScreenShot2018-01-09at12_27_58.thumb.png.7c043a20ee2f2438ecd619c9c922eab3.png

6 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

5a554c1f7848c_ScreenShot2018-01-09at23_08_14.thumb.png.2ed0f40b70833fe663f34de6cd091907.png

:ackter:

That is an awesome record and the kind of one I'd be proud of. The only thing that would make it better would be for a youth prospect DM to be responsible for 2 of the reds and 7 of the yellows.

2 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

That is an awesome record and the kind of one I'd be proud of. The only thing that would make it better would be for a youth prospect DM to be responsible for 2 of the reds and 7 of the yellows.

1 red and 1 yellow sadly... (Mick Lötters)

My academy RB has 3 yellows and 1 red though..

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC WAALWIJK

DEBUT WATCH 

06.12.23, vs Paris Saint-Germain (l 1-3) 

Players making their debut: 1

5a555b9eecf5e_ScreenShot2018-01-09at23_53_48.thumb.png.bd15cfc16644df43615583a867504c88.png

16 year old academy graduate Youri van Dijk appeared in this recent UEFA Champions League matchup. As we were already out and I hadn’t blooded a new player in over a year, he came into the midfield! He played 90 minutes, made two tackles, one foul and completed 24 passes. He also ran 15kms for a 6.5 rating.

RKC WAALWIJK

DEBUT WATCH 

19.12.23, vs Roda JC Kerkade (w 1-0) 

Players making their debut: 1

5a5583846a4ac_ScreenShot2018-01-10at02_56_54.thumb.png.52376d17084773c0ff3dc56be612d3b3.png

17 year old academy player Bert Willems got his debut for the first team today in the KNVB Beker. Originally come into the U-19's as a left winger, he's been constantly retrained to play in the MC (APS) role. He played all 90 minutes, making two tackles and completing an astonishing 62 passes during the match. He also ran 14km on his way to a 6.8 rating. 

RKC Waalwijk 

JANUARY 2024 HALF-SEASON REVIEW

We kicked off September in the Eredivisie with our first points of the season. A Thierry Ambrose penalty tied it up to give us a 1-1 draw against FC Dordrecht. Sadly, we went back to losing ways for the next two games. A dull & blunt 0-1 loss to N.E.C Nijmegen and a see-sawing 3-4 loss to FC Utrecht. After this, I decided to play the backups in the Champions League so we could put out a full strength side in the league. And that resulted in a 4-0 win in the next match vs VVV Venlo. The streak continued with a 3-0 win over NAC Breda and a missed Thierry Ambrose penalty couldn't stop us against nemesis PEC Zwolle as a Maarten Groenveld hat-trick gave us a 4-0 win.

We then spluttered to a 1-2 defeat against PSV Eindhoven, our first loss to them since I took over the club. Our inconsistent form took an upturn with a 2-1 win over SBV Excelsior Rotterdam. Two late goals in our next two games robbed us of four points. First, a 92nd minute equaliser saw AZ Alkmaar grab a point with a 1-1 draw. Then a 91st minute equaliser stole a point for Heracles Almelo in a 1-1 draw. 

sc Heerenveen were our next victims as goals on 5 minutes and 93 minutes by Maarten Groenveld gave us a 2-0 win. He then hit another double in our next match against Sparta Rotterdam as we ran out 3-1 winners. We then AGAIN conceded a late goal as a 90th minute equaliser meant we let Feyenoord Rotterdam escape with a point in a 1-1 draw. We had a few hairy moments at the Johan Cruijff Arena as we beat AFC Ajax Amsterdam 4-3. We also hit FC Twente Enschede for four as we beat them 4-1. Goals in the 90th and 95th minutes gave us a 3-1 win over Vitesse Arnhem and to finish off January, we stomped FC Groningen 3-0.

In the KNVB Beker, we had two matches against Jupiler League clubs, both were won 7-1. Fortuna Sittard fell victim to Maarten Groenveld's four goals as Achilles '29 fell victim to Bambang Halim's own four goal haul. The second team, including debutant Bert Willems beat another Jupiler League side in Roda JC Kerkade 1-0, thanks to a late Yassin Fortune winner. Our Quarter Final matchup would be against PSV Eindhoven and a good 2-1 win saw us sail into the Semis.

In our first foray into the UEFA Champions League, we were placed in Group H with FC Barcelona, S.S.C Napoli and Paris Saint-Germain. And we were f***** royally, losing all six games.

- Table -

Results

- Eredivisie

- KNVB Beker

- UEFA Champions League

Transfers

We signed a player! We signed a player! I saw that defender Perr Schuurs was not being played by AFC Ajax Amsterdam, so I spent a good few months scouting Schuurs and put him as my top target, however Ajax wanted £8m for him. Once we hit January, he was able to be approached on a Bosman. And, due to my constant attention to him, he accepted a lower contract with me! I enquired with Ajax whether he could be bought before August and they only wanted £250k. So I snapped him up early.

We then sold midfielder Karim Loukili back to FC Utrecht for £500k. He was starting to get ansty about playing time and to be honest, he wasn't in my plans, so off he went. Then, on deadline day, Stoke City came in with a £7.5m bid for Siyanbonga Nkosi. They'd already unsettled him earlier on in the year, so I managed to put them up to £8.5m + 50% sell on. We also got another windfall

13 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Transfers

We signed a player! We signed a player! I saw that defender Perr Schuurs was not being played by AFC Ajax Amsterdam, so I spent a good few months scouting Schuurs and put him as my top target, however Ajax wanted £8m for him. Once we hit January, he was able to be approached on a Bosman. And, due to my constant attention to him, he accepted a lower contract with me! I enquired with Ajax whether he could be bought before August and they only wanted £250k. So I snapped him up early.

We then sold midfielder Karim Loukili back to FC Utrecht for £500k. He was starting to get ansty about playing time and to be honest, he wasn't in my plans, so off he went. Then, on deadline day, Stoke City came in with a £7.5m bid for Siyanbonga Nkosi. They'd already unsettled him earlier on in the year, so I managed to put them up to £8.5m + 50% sell on. We also got another windfall

Before I’d read your career iv never ever bothered with 50% sell on clause, I always just tried to get as much out of the club in question. Now am Tranmere iv sold a few players with 50% sell on clause one to Man Utd his value has sawed to 15m I want him to leave Utd so much so I can get like you say ‘a windfall’. So thanks for the idea. 

2023/24 KNVB Beker, Semi Final

6 Mar 2024

2045hrs, Seacon Stadion, Venlo

Fortuna Sittard 2 - 3 RKC Waalwijk (AET)

5a5b33ee33f35_ScreenShot2018-01-14at10_37_11.thumb.png.e66d1b3687496f1c5d61fc8e3666e4a5.png

Totally thought this was going to be the same as my last semi-final. We peppered their goal, but couldn't score.

1 hour ago, SpikeHughes said:

Before I’d read your career iv never ever bothered with 50% sell on clause, I always just tried to get as much out of the club in question. Now am Tranmere iv sold a few players with 50% sell on clause one to Man Utd his value has sawed to 15m I want him to leave Utd so much so I can get like you say ‘a windfall’. So thanks for the idea. 

I try to get a 50% sell on every single time for under 25's.  Had a player who had a release clause of £7m, so sold him to Chelsea for £6.5m plus 50%.  Two years later I bought out the clause for over £10m.

4 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

I try to get a 50% sell on every single time for under 25's.  Had a player who had a release clause of £7m, so sold him to Chelsea for £6.5m plus 50%.  Two years later I bought out the clause for over £10m.

Nice, what level were you at when you brought out that clause. I can imagine doing that in league one and then just being like 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻 To the league 🤣

RKC Waalwijk 

2024 YOUTH INTAKE

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 16.29.07

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Strikers and defenders. There's not much in these players first off, but with some tutoring and play time, they should be able to play some part. The problem is that the players are coming into roles where there are players already ahead of them. The logjam could be too much for them.

Key Prospects

1. Sander Bos ST
  2. Jack Coremans DC
  3. Passaka van Lankveld DR/L
  4. Randel Davids ST
  5. Joris Atteveld DC

Not a bad haul in your youth players that Sander Bos looks very promising pace, acceleration cans finish, needs game time but looks very good. Randel Davids another promising prospect. Even if they don’t get though to the first team you can sell them at a profit. 

**** Deisler you may be able to answer this question, during your rise at RKC you were promised a new stadium, did you get it? I was told I’d be getting a new stadium yet 3 seasons on there isn’t any site nor sound of one. It’s just every time I ask my board for something they say no due to the finatiosl situation a 3m in the black, so I assume it’s the stadium but not getting any closer to getting it.

3 hours ago, SpikeHughes said:

Not a bad haul in your youth players that Sander Bos looks very promising pace, acceleration cans finish, needs game time but looks very good. Randel Davids another promising prospect. Even if they don’t get though to the first team you can sell them at a profit. 

**** Deisler you may be able to answer this question, during your rise at RKC you were promised a new stadium, did you get it? I was told I’d be getting a new stadium yet 3 seasons on there isn’t any site nor sound of one. It’s just every time I ask my board for something they say no due to the finatiosl situation a 3m in the black, so I assume it’s the stadium but not getting any closer to getting it.

I still haven't got mine either.

Look at your Facilities tab (Club > Facilities). It should say they're scouting for a site.

2023/24 KNVB Beker Final

5 May 2024

2045hrs, De Kuip, Rotterdam

FC Groningen 2 - 2 RKC Waalwijk (RKC lose 5-4 on pens)

5a5ce0e41b349_ScreenShot2018-01-15at17_09_22.thumb.png.a2c05d20349efae000df5b75e7d8c0b1.png

Banned from the touchline, I could only watch in horror as my ass man made all kinds of odd decisions and as ever, we crumbled late on, conceding a late equaliser. Then, after Leeuwenburgh spared Savastano's missed penalty blushes with a save, Kyle Ebecilio blasted over the first sudden-death pen and they scored theirs to give them the title. F**ksticks :mad:

"...And Groenveld has robbed the defender in the area. It's too much of an angle for a shot, there's literally seconds remaining.. He comes back on himself.. knocks it forward.. stands up a cross...It's stood up beautifully! Fortune pulls off the back of the defender.. He makes contact, but he was leaping backwards, not much power. It's looping.. arcing... ITS IN! IT'S BEATEN THE KEEPER! RKC ARE CHAMPIONS! RKC ARE CHAMPIONS!!!.." - match commentary

5a5cf10381d76_ScreenShot2018-01-15at17_44_06.thumb.png.8cc430eb97d1cee68b7adff231d1ee81.png

RKC Waalwijk 

2023/24 SEASON REVIEW

WE DID IT! Holy crap, what an ending. From taking one point out of 18 to start the season to losing the penultimate game of the season, meaning that SEVEN clubs mathematically could have won the title, to winning the title in added time.

Final Table

Results

Cup Results: Living up to our Faalhaas reputation

UEFA Champions League Results: Beaten all ends up. Let's hope we get easier draws from now on

Player Stats: Groenveld finishing top again

End of Season Awards: Goal of the Season should have been Fortune's title winner.

End of Season Review:  Game of the season NOT the title decider?? Jog on.

42 minutes ago, Cross said:

Win the Eredivisie with 9 losses! Your a faalhaas, but the other teams must had a complete breakdown. Congrats and lets hope for a better CL draw this year :)

It was an odd season. Heracles & Vitesse were in contention, even on the final day

1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

RKC Waalwijk 

2023/24 SEASON REVIEW

WE DID IT! Holy crap, what an ending. From taking one point out of 18 to start the season to losing the penultimate game of the season, meaning that SEVEN clubs mathematically could have won the title, to winning the title in added time.

Final Table

Results

Cup Results: Living up to our Faalhaas reputation

UEFA Champions League Results: Beaten all ends up. Let's hope we get easier draws from now on

Player Stats: Groenveld finishing top again

End of Season Awards: Goal of the Season should have been Fortune's title winner.

End of Season Review:  Game of the season NOT the title decider?? Jog on.

Nice one, glad you didn’t bottle it like I would’ve

56 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

5a5cf70cd2ccb_ScreenShot2018-01-15at17_45_23.thumb.png.f4ffb1b57c1dc9b25c4a9b2421b8dda7.png

Hot on the heels of this honour, came this

5a5cf72e1b22c_ScreenShot2018-01-15at18_04_22.thumb.png.4816e7ecc3ed50cea953d5f0a8d2aaab.png

Martin Jol Park?? I think this may need to be re-named, in accordance with the £15m stadium sponsorship... :brock:

@SpikeHughes, here's my stadium

Whys the stadium not called Diesler Stadium...

Now I can offer £15 million and one extra pound if you rename it in accordance to a new stadium sponsor. How does SmileFaceGamer Stadium sound?

Just now, SmileFaceGamer said:

Whys the stadium not called Diesler Stadium...

Now I can offer £15 million and one extra pound if you rename it in accordance to a new stadium sponsor. How does SmileFaceGamer Stadium sound?

:lol::lol: I can go with this!! 

I'm only an icon. You have to be a club legend to have it named after you!

Just now, Deisler26 said:

:lol::lol: I can go with this!! 

I'm only an icon. You have to be a club legend to have it named after you!

ONLY AN ICON, YOU JUST WON THEM THE BLOODY LEAGUE. THIS IS MADNESS. I AM QUESTIONING MY EXISTANCE AND REALITY RIGHT NOW. I AM HAVING AN EXTASTENCIAL CRISIS

Archived