[FM18] War! Huh! Waalwijk It Good For? Absolutely Nothing!

Deisler26

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC WAALWIJK

DEBUT WATCH 

27.02.28, vs NAC Breda (w 4-1) 

Players making their debut: 1

5ac4b4f1860f6_ScreenShot2018-04-04at12_18_56.thumb.png.2da759ac401dd0091ef650d072fb3ebb.png

18 year old Kevin was promoted to the first team on the back of a 5 goal haul in a reserve match. He was brought on as a sub on 70 mins, had two shots, one on target and made two successful passes. He ran 2km, before being injured on 92 mins. It was later determined that he would miss 7 weeks, due to minor knee ligament damage.

RKC WAALWIJK

DEBUT WATCH 

02.04.28, vs Helmond Sport (w 2-0) 

5acf420ca5d4d_ScreenShot2018-04-12at12_24_48.thumb.png.682dad526d8cdccab9127ab41442334a.png

16 year old Max came into the side as a graduate of our academy. He made two tackles, winning them both. He also completed a staggering 98 passes out of 106 along with 3 shots, two of which went wide and one was saved. He also ran 14 km for a match rating of 7.0

2027/28 UEFA Europa League Final

17 May 2028

2000hrs, Vodafone Park, Istanbul

Liverpool FC 2 - 2p RKC Waalwijk (RKC win 4-2 on pens)

5acfee520b4e0_ScreenShot2018-04-13at00_33_28.thumb.png.a0496bf97afd9165f4a7dc826c494bfa.png

Nothing until 80 mins, then all hell broke loose!! But we win our second consecutive European title.

On 13/04/2018 at 00:40, Deisler26 said:

2027/28 UEFA Europa League Final

17 May 2028

2000hrs, Vodafone Park, Istanbul

Liverpool FC 2 - 2p RKC Waalwijk (RKC win 4-2 on pens)

5acfee520b4e0_ScreenShot2018-04-13at00_33_28.thumb.png.a0496bf97afd9165f4a7dc826c494bfa.png

Nothing until 80 mins, then all hell broke loose!! But we win our second consecutive European title.

Nice one, typical FM as well, boring game then all of a sudden it gives you multiple heart attacks

RKC Waalwijk 

2027/28 SEASON REVIEW

Whilst the fact we stank up the joint in our Champions League defence, we did then come back to win the Europa League.

Final Table

Results

KNVB Beker Results:  .

UEFA Champions League Results: ....Hmm

UEFA Europa League Results: Welp, from zero in the CL to Hero.

End of Season Awards:

End of Season Review:  

RKC Waalwijk 

Academy Watch: Class of 2023

In this section, we'll look at my historical youth intakes. At the end of every season, I'll go back and look at an intake from my time here at RKC and see if the key prospects worked out? Or if they flamed out, never to be seen again.

This time, it's the Class of 2023.

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 02.30.01

Another good intake this one. We got a number of hidden diamonds in this intake so we'll concentrate on the 3* and up prospects, so that's Youri van Dijk, Patrick Bijvelds, Steven Theunissen & Tonnie Schouw.

Youri van Dijk

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, Borussia Dortmund

Youri was thrust into the spotlight with the departure of Erwin Schomaker. He made 103 first team appearances for RKC over 6 seasons, scoring 12 goals and making 18 assists for an average rating of 7.22. During his time at RKC, he also spent the 2024/25 season on loan at Helmond Sport, making 36 appearances, scoring twice and assisting 4 times for an average rating of 6.91. He also picked up a Jupiler League winner's medal from this time. In the summer of 2028, Youri completed a £28.5m + clauses to Borussia Dortmund

Youri also has a staggering 11 winners medals in his closet, with the afore-mentioned Jupiler League title as just one of them. He has 4 Eredivisie winners medals, a UEFA Champions League & Europa League winners medal, two Johan Cruijff Schaal winners medals, two KNVB Beker winner's medals and a FIFA World Club Cup medal too!

Youri has also been capped 23 times by the Netherlands, scoring 3 goals. His first cap came against Kosovo in June of 2026 and his first goal came against Peru in September 2026.

Patrick Bijvelds

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Patrick has been at the club 6 seasons since graduating from the academy. He's made 29 appearances for the club over the 6 seasons, averaging 7.42 per game and scoring one goal. The goal actually coming on his debut in the KNVB Beker. He's also spent time on loan at FC Twente Enschede (2026/27) making 9 appearances for an average rating of 6.89, FC Groningen (2028) where he made 9 appearances for an average rating of 6.92 and finally, moved on loan to SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden for the 2028/29 season.

Patrick has a few winner's medals from his time at RKC. 3x Johan Cruijjf Schaal winner's medals, a FIFA World Club Cup winner's medal and a European U-21 Championship winners medal from his time with the Netherlands U-21 side.

Steven Theunissen

Steven has gradually worked his way into being one of the driving forces of this team throughout his RKC career. He has made 99 appearances for the club over 6 seasons, scoring 11 goals and assisting on 14 goals for an average rating of 7.18. He also spent the 2025/26 season on loan to feeder club Roda JC Kerkrade, making 21 appearances, scoring 4 goals and assisting 5 times for a 7.17 rating.

Steven has a extensive trophy cabinet. He has three Eredivisie winners medals, UEFA Champions League and Europa League winners medals, two Johan Cruijff Schaal winners medals, two KNVB Beker winners medals and a FIFA World Club Cup winners medals. 

Steven is also a full Netherlands international, making his international debut recently against France in May of 2028. He has made 6 appearances for them at an average rating of 6.80

Tonnie Schouw

Tonnie came from the academy with a high recommendation, so much so that I allowed Sander Bos to be sold to S.S.C Napoli. He spent two seasons in the U-18's before being sold to OGC Nice for £1.3m + 50% sell on. He spent two seasons at Nice, before a striking crisis meant that we brought him back on loan. As our main guy that season, he made 44 appearances and scored 45 goals, with 8 assists for an average rating of 7.68 for the season.

We then signed him permanently in the summer for £2.5m, although it ended up being £1.25m with the sell on clause kicking in. He then made 36 appearances last season, scoring 29 goals with 13 assists, finishing up with a 7.49 average rating. For the coming 2028/29 season, Tonnie is on loan to Roda JC Kerkrade.

Tonnie has a vast haul of trophies in his cabinet. Personally, he has two European Golden Boy awards, two Dutch Young Player of the Year awards and the FIFA World Club Cup Best Player award. With RKC, he has two Eredivisie winner's medals and one winner's medal in the following competitions; Johan Cruijff Schaal, FIFA World Club Cup, KNVB Beker, UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.

Tonnie has made one appearance for the Netherlands, scoring on his debut against San Marino in June 2027.

We've were also blessed with a number of other prospects lower down in the food chain, as it were. From recently-released Serbian U-21 international Vladimir Jevic, to current B team players Jordy Van Der Meulen and Xavier Profjit to recent Dutch international right back Marcel Van Der Meijs, currently at Olympique de Marseille.

Max Managervich is actually one of the best sons I've ever seen, take him to world glory!

And congrats on the Supercup, would be an amazing feeling I imagine. 

5 minutes ago, wynter said:

Max Managervich is actually one of the best sons I've ever seen, take him to world glory!

And congrats on the Supercup, would be an amazing feeling I imagine. 

Especially since I hadn't beaten PSG in any encounter before then!

RKC WAALWIJK

DEBUT WATCH 

12.08.28, vs SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden (w 3-0) 

5ad9bcf1c37bb_ScreenShot2018-04-20at11_05_49.thumb.png.90feebcff1aa3527d74caf713efdb164.png

19 year old Ralph came into the squad came into the squad as the backup BWM. He played all 90 mins, making four tackles overall, losing out on two. He also completed 39 passes and had two shots, both well wide. He ran 14km for an average match rating of 6.90.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I recently upgraded my laptop from a 9 year old Macbook Air with .5 star for graphics to a fancy Windows one with FIVE stars for graphics!

Imagine! Actually being able to watch 3D matches!!

Anyway, the point is that my save won't download from the cloud, so this career is pretty much done!

When it gets closer to awards season, I'll post some manager stats!

• 4 months later...

Archived