Google Map 3D Stadium Background Pack

VP.

12 hours ago, Loftus W12 said:

Thanks. I will need to use update packs, as I had a look to see if I had MLS clubs, and the pictures were not there for them,  or the Malta or Japanese teams you posted above. Thanks for the advice, love the work, any chance of giving us Wembley for England in the future and all other countries that have a national stadium, Don;t think there are many as most countries do the right thing and take the team to the people. Scotland and France are only the other two I can think of in Europe off the top of my head who use a national stadium. :)

All nations should have a background https://sortitoutsi.net/comments/get/433012

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

All nations should have a background https://sortitoutsi.net/comments/get/433012

Wembley Wembley your the famous sortitoutsi and you gave me Wembley. Sorry I had a cider or two :) 

Thanks again, MLS and everything else now showing. :thup:  Sorry one last question, will these backgrounds work on FM 19. 

13 hours ago, Loftus W12 said:

Wembley Wembley your the famous sortitoutsi and you gave me Wembley. Sorry I had a cider or two :)

Thanks again, MLS and everything else now showing. :thup:  Sorry one last question, will these backgrounds work on FM 19. 

Yeah all graphics should work (kits, logo's etc), just copy over your graphocs folder to the new FM19 folders once the game is installed.

Sortitout

Just a couple of little things I noticed you may want to update, nothing major, just a little out of date, Brentford and Exeter City, the former have a roof over the home end now and Exeter have a new stand. Also the Newport one looks a bit weird, is that where they play, looks like its more suited to speedway than football.

And one for the future for you.  Queen's Park are moving from Hampden Park to Lesser Hampden after selling  Hampden park to the Scottish FA.

Edited by Loftus W12

I also noticed there is not a overhead image of Brunton Park(Carlisle United) unlike this it is taken from outside the ground with only a bit of one stand visible. 

Sorry to be a pain in the backside.

download.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jim-Beam said:

Should I be using a specific skin to enable the backgrounds to work in 19?

Sadly (as usual nowadays) the default ones do not show them, so will need to wait until hopefully @michaeltmurrayuk releases ones of his mods but that probably won't be until the full game is out. They do show but are just hidden behind everything.

Plymouth-v-Southend-Match-Pitch.png

Southend-v-Charlton-Match-Pitch.png

Bristol-Rovers-v-Southend-Analysis-Actio

The Default Dark and Light Skins support backgrounds out of the box this year (the Default one should as well but you'll need to make the overlay more transparent) - however the default box graphics are solid this year and there is no overlay so you depending on the screen you either get parts of the image fully exposed or fully hidden, and to fix this you'll need to edit most of the box graphics to make them more transparent.

However I don't use backgrounds and the level of transparency is largely down to personal preference so I likely won't have chance to do anything about them so you'll likely have to wait for someone to make a proper skin that supports them, or make it yourself.

This guide whilst a bit old should give someone a couple of pointers to get them started, though you'll likely need to edit other graphics in addition to them this year:

8 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Ok mate thanks, shame as they work fine on FMT.

If they are working in Touch mode you can probably just pinch the box graphics from Touch Mode which would save editing the files individually, I'll have a look if I get a chance but likely won't be before full release.

5 hours ago, alex1234 said:

I just downloaded a skin from here for fm 19 and these are interfering with the default background of that skin .

Any way to get around it 

Remove the stadium backgrounds? By design they show instead of the default background. (Or if the pack links them to other screens just remove the non-stadium lines from the config file).

6 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If they are working in Touch mode you can probably just pinch the box graphics from Touch Mode which would save editing the files individually, I'll have a look if I get a chance but likely won't be before full release.

Remove the stadium backgrounds? By design they show instead of the default background. (Or if the pack links them to other screens just remove the non-stadium lines from the config file).

I did remove  this pack and skin is working fine .

What I was hoping is is there a way I can make that skin working with these .I don't like just one plain background pic .would love these to work too ...the skin that I am using is the new neub skin from fm scout 

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, alex1234 said:

I did remove  this pack and skin is working fine .

What I was hoping is is there a way I can make that skin working with these .I don't like just one plain background pic .would love these to work too ...the skin that I am using is the new neub skin from fm scout 

Thanks 

Best thing to do is check with the skin maker as it will depend on how they have set up the default background.

Not as much work as I thought, (Touch graphics are a different size, so had to alter the main ones though for some reason my ancient version of Photoshop doesn't seem to like the FM19 png files) so I've knocked up a mod with better background support here:

I've set it up so it should work with most custom skins (assuming they haven't edited the box graphics) and have included various options for the overlay, so you can easily adjust it to suit - generally with the Light Skin you need more of an overlay, whilst with the dark skins you can switch to a more transparent option. (Assuming most of the backgrounds are fairly dark).

9 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Not as much work as I thought, (Touch graphics are a different size, so had to alter the main ones though for some reason my ancient version of Photoshop doesn't seem to like the FM19 png files) so I've knocked up a mod with better background support here:

I've set it up so it should work with most custom skins (assuming they haven't edited the box graphics) and have included various options for the overlay, so you can easily adjust it to suit - generally with the Light Skin you need more of an overlay, whilst with the dark skins you can switch to a more transparent option. (Assuming most of the backgrounds are fairly dark).

Thanks for this, I've also uploaded this to Sortitoutsi giving you full credit of course. https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/44120/michaeltmurrays-background-support-mod

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, steveyisatard said:

@SortitoutsiVP a lot of the update packs are no longer available on MEGA, is there any chance you can upload a complete pack with all the released updates included please?

8 hours ago, Robbie.Knox said:

Yep what he said. The main pack containing everything seems broken, I'd love to download this :thup:

I'll re upload the main pack to Megaupload.

First off, great work on these. They look really good in the game.

I have a few questions on the best / correct way to insert these images into the game.  I'm playing the FM18 version & am hoping that someone smarter than me can help me out with the stuff below  :).  

• According to previous post in this thread "You don't need to download all the updates if you have downloaded the main file". Unfortunately, even this seemingly simple instruction confused me!  I think the 'main' file download is the one named 2018.00.  It's 1.8GB and dated Oct 2017.  Updates .01 through .37 are all dated after this and seem to contain images NOT included in that main file - so, it looks like you DO need to download the main file and all the updates (the ones still available, anyway) if you want all the background images?  
  • Each update contains a config.xml.  Am I correct in thinking these are updated iterations of the same file and that you only need the most recent config.xml? (currently, the one included with 2018.37)
  • Also mentioned in this thread is the advice "The updates can be placed inside the main folder within your 'Graphics/backgrounds' location" Having downloaded all the files (main + updates), I've tried various ways of structuring the files but only one seems to work (and not the one recommended!)...

Merging all the images into ONE folder 

• Taking all the images from every update and moving them over into the one folder in the main download (e.g. FM18/graphics/backgrounds/megapack) didn't work. The game still showed the default background images

Merging all the updates, but using SUB-folders

• A quick look at the config.xml shows a uniform naming format for each image. For example;
    • <record from="teams/154" to="graphics/pictures/club/154/background"/>
    • <record from="nations/45" to="graphics/pictures/nation/45/background"/>
    • <record from="staff/7442" to="graphics/pictures/person/7442/background"/>
    • <record from="players/121296" to="graphics/pictures/person/121296/background"/>
    • <record from="leagues/23" to="graphics/pictures/comp/23/background"/>
  • This suggested to me that there should be 5 sub-folders within the main folder (teams, nations, staff, players & leagues), and, within the update downloads the images are indeed structured in this way (update 2018.32 is a good example of this as it contains images in all 5 of these sub-folders)
  • I structured my folders in the same way.  The main file (2018.00) looked like it contained only 'team' images so that file went into the 'team' sub-folder.  Each update was then also moved into the appropriate sub-folder (in some cases over-writing earlier images).  I kept the I config.xml with the main file (i.e. FM18/graphics/backgrounds/team).   After clearing the cache and reloading the skin - no images appeared in-game.
  • I then tried it with putting the config.xml at a higher level, above the sub-folders (FM18/graphics/backgrounds) - but once again with no success.
  • In desperation more than hope, I then tried copying and pasting the config.xml into each of the sub-folders to see if that worked. It did not
  • My question then is this - if the updates are supposed to be merged into the main file, what (step-by-step) is the best/correct way to do this? And where does the config.xml go?

Keeping the updates and main file SEPARATE

• This is the only approach I had success with!  My current folder structure looks like this;
  • FM18/graphics/background
    • etc etc
  • Initially, I only kept the most recent config.xml (placed in the FM18/graphics/backgrounds folder) but when reloading the skin no images appeared.
  • I then left each iteration of the config.xml as it was within it's corresponding update folder. THIS WORKED!   But now I basically have around 20 versions of the config file spread across the updates - this surely can't be very efficient?  Is this correct?
  • One big drawback to this structure is that when I want to change an image for one of my own it is very cumbersome to identify which of the updates holds the latest version of that image. It certainly would be easier to find a specific image if I Could have gotten the sub-folder method to work!

So, a long and rambling post, (and if you stuck with me this far you have my thanks!).  The fact that I have the images showing in game is great but by following the advice given throughout this thread I couldn't make it work.  What am I missing?  Did I do something wrong in any of those steps detailed above.   Any (polite! :lol:) thoughts or input would be most welcome!! 

Once again, many thanks for all the hard work that went into making this megapack

Cheers!!

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Robbie.Knox said:

Thanks a lot for your help, running this on Mac and even using the default skin and clearing cache multiple times I couldn't get it working. Great mod though, looks fantastic.

Afraid I don't know much about a Mac's folder setup but have you tried these skins https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/44293/football-manager-2019-base-skins-with-working-background-mod

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Yeah they definitely work. Pack has nearly 20,000 backgrounds now with many staff and players added plus competition's.

I'm trying to work out which is the best skin that suits the grounds most..any preferences from you guys?

1 minute ago, Jim-Beam said:

I'm trying to work out which is the best skin that suits the grounds most..any preferences from you guys?

There is a slight issue regarding transparency and the default skins but a couple that I've found are ok at the minute can be found in this thread mentioned near the bottom and there is more info too.

3 hours ago, Jim-Beam said:

38 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Dark default is Dark by Wannachup (on fmscout)

That is good and the first I used, now using FM Base Skin'20 (on FM-Base) with the graphics/background copied over, it has a bit more brightness which suits my eyes.

2 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

That is good and the first I used, now using FM Base Skin'20 (on FM-Base) with the graphics/background copied over, it has a bit more brightness which suits my eyes.

Yeah, i made that :) 

6 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

I can live with the fm base one now I've got the backgrounds sorted, it was way too bright without, it's a great skin for me so  thanks. Have seen shrewnaldo somewhere but not 3

Only released '3' tonight tbf. 

On 09/11/2019 at 10:33, wkdsoul said:

easy fix. replace the backgrounds image in the graphics/backgrounds folder.

I'm a bit useless with this kind of thing to be honest, so do I delete the overlay files? Copy the whole backgrounds folder in the skin backgrounds folder?

28 minutes ago, Jim-Beam said:

I'm a bit useless with this kind of thing to be honest, so do I delete the overlay files? Copy the whole backgrounds folder in the skin backgrounds folder?

rename the pic images something else.. save em, and reload skin