806 Years On!

So here is the file!  The year is 2824.  I have loaded England and the six tiers and holidayed for 806 years.  It has taken months to get this far, so I hope you enjoy the file.  Please note, the file is just under 1.1GB in size.  Please bear this in mind when you download it.

Some interesting facts about this file:

Hull City hold the record for most Premier League titles.

Leatherhead are the current best side in England and have dominated recently.

Marseille are Europes big guns and hold more Champions Leagues titles than anyone else.

England have won only two additional World Cups.  Germany have won a lot, lot more.  Armenia have won it by the way.  As have Mali.

Enjoy the file.

Click here to download!  (1.1GB in size).

A video of the file by DoctorBenjy:

7 hours ago, Viali said:

Would be interesting to see some main leagues like PL, BL, LL, Serie A and Eredivisie. Lots of surprises? 

if they're not loaded (as they weren't in that 1000 year run) then the finishing order will be purely based on reputation

so you'll have a lot of Barcelona/RealMadrid/Athletico as top 3 in Spain if it wasn't loaded

16 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

I loaded only England - Down to the sixth tier.

It has taken months to get this far, so additional leagues would have slowed it down even more.

One interesting fact from this save though - Marseille have won the most Champions Leagues.

Did you start it when the game was released?

I started a Singapore holiday save after the last patch with the hopes that improvements for FM17 would mean that it would be faster than previous versions.  Unfortunately, it appears to be the complete opposite and my hopes that this save could break my all time record are basically gone.

9 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Feel free to do your own instead of relying on others.

Yeah, I don't think people who have never done it realize how tough it is in this version to holiday 800 years.  I've been doing long-term holiday saves for a decade now, and this may be the most impressive thing I've heard of being done.  I am not even sure it is possible to do that many years with that many leagues.  I think I have only managed it once without bugs or other issues.

On 8/29/2017 at 12:03, roversawh7 said:

Yeah, I don't think people who have never done it realize how tough it is in this version to holiday 800 years.  I've been doing long-term holiday saves for a decade now, and this may be the most impressive thing I've heard of being done.  I am not even sure it is possible to do that many years with that many leagues.  I think I have only managed it once without bugs or other issues.

Obviously varies depending on what is actually run

"all players all leagues" was 1 hour just to get to September of season 1 (from the initial save)
"1 league, 1 nation, large DB" as a nation I created (10 teams, 36 league games, cup competition) took around 40 minutes per year

you scale that up to 800 years, and it's a fair effort (3 weeks of solid running to get to 2800, using the pace of "1 league 1 nation" - not accounting for any slowing down of the DB due to size)
sizing starts at 120MB for the "all players all leagues" but balloons to around 200MB by the time you get to Sep season 1, although does peak out at around 285MB

edit: it must be noted that this was done on an i5-2400, and on FM16 (pretty much on launch)

18 hours ago, samdiatmh said:

Obviously varies depending on what is actually run

"all players all leagues" was 1 hour just to get to September of season 1 (from the initial save)
"1 league, 1 nation, large DB" as a nation I created (10 teams, 36 league games, cup competition) took around 40 minutes per year

you scale that up to 800 years, and it's a fair effort (3 weeks of solid running to get to 2800, using the pace of "1 league 1 nation" - not accounting for any slowing down of the DB due to size)
sizing starts at 120MB for the "all players all leagues" but balloons to around 200MB by the time you get to Sep season 1, although does peak out at around 285MB

edit: it must be noted that this was done on an i5-2400, and on FM16 (pretty much on launch)

FM17 slows way down after a couple hundred years.  I was about where I expected for 300 years in Singapore and then it was slower than FM16 England before long.  It looks like it took me 95 days or so to get to 4200 with a small database and all division of England loaded in FM16.

I am going to publish the file on Sunday (getting married on Saturday, so am quite busy!), so look out for the download link in the OP.

as a taster, here is a video by DoctorBenjy, a very popular FM streamer and my personal favourite streamer.  His YouTube channel can be found here:  DoctornBenjy's YouTube channel.

The video of this file is here:  Over 800 years on!

I see a lot of people do it by going on holiday... I find it goes a bit quicker if you don't set up a manager at the start of the game, that way you avoid having to see all the results on the screen & the game doesn't have to generate all the news items in your inbox, etc. I have actually been doing one with claassen's mega leagues pack (with all countries' leagues enabled). Unfortunately due to how slow my computer is it takes about 2 hours to simulate a whole month. :D I had been leaving my PC on unattended overnight, etc. and got to around 2029 or so. Eventually it seems my computer got shut off during the night, probably due to my cats rampaging around in my room. Now my PC won't load any save files on FM17, so I've just about given up on it.

• 3 months later...

Archived