[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things are really looked good, despite of Sammarinese clubs getting San Giovanni young prospects in time including Roberto Ciacci and future NT Lorenzo Raschi (sorry, Tre Fiori club). Once you made clear that San Giovanni will have its master plan soon, the more you improve the roster, the better you have the chance to win a championship!

Youth Intake Day!

6578cd1192725561c5e1f2effc08faab.png

e23907d6e0ff219f3838bb3f87890f74.png

Looks like a pretty tidy LB. Our defence is coming along very nicely.

d213968b627e91a1ce942863cf3ba3d3.png

I don't really see anything there that excites me, to be honest. His stats just aren't that great.

71dd5913a571e0c3eaecc80b1ed484e9.png

Not going to get gametime unless Rondelli (YP24a) leaves, which probably isn't that unlikely.

f3cbe977d85cc86a1255f307a1aeb787.png

We keep getting decent keepers through, which is annoying, because I just know as soon as we start struggling in that area we won't get a decent one through for twenty years :D 

37 minutes ago, sherwinriga said:

Things are really looked good, despite of Sammarinese clubs getting San Giovanni young prospects in time including Roberto Ciacci and future NT Lorenzo Raschi (sorry, Tre Fiori club). Once you made clear that San Giovanni will have its master plan soon, the more you improve the roster, the better you have the chance to win a championship!

I almost forgot that how the European competitions going as well as San Marino progress in Euros and World Cup.

10 hours ago, sherwinriga said:

I almost forgot that how the European competitions going as well as San Marino progress in Euros and World Cup.

CL:

ea5279bf2a71a6a14e4d78bb522779ba.png

EL:

95205e9ec5535ed871f145e5b142ea53.png

San Marino had a very good Euro Qualifying Campaign last time, picking up 4 points with draws against Latvia x2, Israel and Russia(!). They've lost every single other qualifying game, though.

9 hours ago, SpillBlood said:

Please develop Florio just for that 'tache.

9 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

It is glorious.

Agreed. That's really the only reason I tagged him.

2 hours ago, smp20 said:

I got excited about Raschi, then he left :(. Keep plugging on, once you're the best in the country the other clubs won't be able to nick em. 

Cheers smp. We'll have our revenge soon enough :D 

1 hour ago, clarkehwbu said:

How have you turned Semi-Pro already?!? I've just won the 3rd league title in a row and still can't :( 

Everyone around me is now turning Semi-Pro so I have a feeling I won't be winning the league as easily now.

I think it might be to do with spending money on your facilities. How much do you have in the bank? The trigger for us (and every other team who've turned Semi-Pro) seems to be having 1m in finances - once that happened for us, the board turned us Semi-Pro without me even needing to ask them.

1 hour ago, mjaferrie said:

Jesus, that transfer window was brutal - intake looks good though!

It does, to be fair. If we can keep producing talent like the guys we've had through lately, we'll be just fine, even if some of them do slip through the net.

1 minute ago, Jupjamie said:

I think it might be to do with spending money on your facilities. How much do you have in the bank? The trigger for us (and every other team who've turned Semi-Pro) seems to be having 1m in finances - once that happened for us, the board turned us Semi-Pro without me even needing to ask them.

I have a feeling that may be why, but with my somewhat 'Success' in the Champions League, we've been over 1mill a couple of times, but could it be that because I requested the training facilities (even though the money hadn't gone out) they probably didn't want to make the step up. I've just had another facilities upgrade accepted just before I finished the season, so I will hold off on them until I start making tracks on the professional status. We currently have £450k after the facilities money going out.

Just now, clarkehwbu said:

I have a feeling that may be why, but with my somewhat 'Success' in the Champions League, we've been over 1mill a couple of times, but could it be that because I requested the training facilities (even though the money hadn't gone out) they probably didn't want to make the step up. I've just had another facilities upgrade accepted just before I finished the season, so I will hold off on them until I start making tracks on the professional status. We currently have £450k after the facilities money going out.

Having better facilities is always a good thing, but I'd personally agree with holding off on upgrades until you can make it to Professional, just so you don't end up losing your best players to other teams in San Marino - or, if you get any really good ones through, to somewhere like Austria or Belgium.

1 hour ago, Jupjamie said:

Having better facilities is always a good thing, but I'd personally agree with holding off on upgrades until you can make it to Professional, just so you don't end up losing your best players to other teams in San Marino - or, if you get any really good ones through, to somewhere like Austria or Belgium.

Thanks man, massive learning curve for me never really done one of these types of saves.

Season Review!

League

We won our group, but then fell apart in the Playoffs. Not happy.

Cup

Knocked out on penalties. No Europe next year.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Fiorentino lost 6-0 to Shirak from Armenia in the CL First Qualifying Round, and Faetano lost 5-0 to Stromsgodset from Norway and Cailungo lost 6-0 to Slavia Prague from Czech Republic in the EL First Qualifying Round.

Next yearWe're a really unbalanced team. We have 4 or 5 quality players playing alongside 6 or 7 horrible ones. We have 0 quality CMs, which is going to hold us back massively until we get some in.

Just now, clarkehwbu said:

Great news on the Junior Coaching, shame about the league, annoying that you could be the 6th best team overall and still win the league.

You'll grow to hate the Playoff system when you dominate the league and then lose on penalties in the final :D 

2 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

OOOOF.. Why are they all leaving? I don't get it?

Everyone's either on an amateur or non-contract, so they're free to hop around to whatever team they like. I'd say that it's probably a bug that so many of them decide to move around, but there's not a whole lot we can do about it.

We also lost some more:

cc7a57b7121c2210db3d31fddc389d0f.png

Starting LB and starting ST. No big deal :mad:

Youth Intake Day!

c346cb6e520366b82c87d3c83d1eba09.png

0aa15d869160b39b08ffc48983c5c1b5.png

If only he wasn't casual, he'd be close to a perfect striker for this level. Size, strength,  decent pace and a good shot on him.

5ae037996d7601df37a3ed6d020ac3e2.png

We don't need a RM as of now, but he looks pretty talented.

0376a9240da31364f424ada8277fbaac.png

A good winger on the other side, which is something we did need.

d2af1bd255109b56571b09902d61d48f.png

He looks pretty decent.

0a6932ae15f96ecdfb1c3f3dcab9f049.png

10 marking sort of masks his poor tackling, and his physicals are great for a CB at this level.

5a8fd6428dcd8c63c87faebe9b756a2c.png

I'm pretty sure he's already our best CM, which tells you a lot about the state of our CMs.

5 minutes ago, smp20 said:

Jamie, do you continuously offer new contracts to players when they are offered one by another club?

I did do, but it made no difference. I might try offering them some bigger appearance bonuses to try and tempt them to stay, though...

43 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

I did do, but it made no difference. I might try offering them some bigger appearance bonuses to try and tempt them to stay, though...

I offer them new non-contract deals when I see the want icon, before the other clubs bid. One they've accepted a new deal it seems to cool off other clubs for a few months.

28 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I offer them new non-contract deals when I see the want icon, before the other clubs bid. One they've accepted a new deal it seems to cool off other clubs for a few months.

Ooooh, that's smart! I'm going to try that out.

38 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

These intakes are starting to look really good!

They're not bad, are they? If only we could hold onto the players :lol: 

29 minutes ago, Ceching You Out said:

6 points from first to last :idiot:. Put that picture in the dictionary next to 'parity'!

It's mental. The bottom club could still make the Playoffs with ease. All to play for!

Season Review!

League

Another unsuccessful playoff run.

Cup

We couldn't even get out of our group.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Cosmos lost 4-0 to Levadia from Estonia in the CL First Qualifying Round, and Domagnano lost 5-0 to Stjarnan from Iceland, Juvenes Dogana lost 6-0 to CSKA Sofia from Bulgaria and Virtus lost 4-1 to Siroki Brijeg from Bosnia in the EL First Qualifying Round.

Next yearThe board are getting annoyed at me, but I'm not sure what exactly they expect us to do when our squad gets raided of most of our decent players. Guess we should be aiming to win the league next year.

Our away kit was annoying me, because it was basically the same as the home kit. No help at all in a colour clash situation. So, I've used the in-game editor to tweak it a bit, but still trying to keep to the colour scheme the team use. Here's what we're going with for now:

f6e4ef642e5a9f212e8f68f133dc1e5f.png

6 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Bollocks! I've never seen that happen before, usually players never accept transfers right after getting a contract.

It seems to be working pretty well in general, because we're midway through the first window and we've only lost three players so far. Thanks for the tip :D 

4 minutes ago, Ceching You Out said:

The forums need an emoji of a man getting kicked in the crotch for just this reason.

phil-babb-vasectomy-o.gif

So, remember how I said junior coaching upgrades over time? Look like it really is long term - because ours has just gone from 17 to 20, roughly two years after our last upgrade. Looks like we should be in line for some very decent intakes, hopefully :D 

b8b3f5b7cfdb41e9770d0ab12193a81d.png

F*** right off. We were offering him £240 per appearance and £70 per goal/sub appearance. He was fine with that deal when it was offered a few days ago, but now he's changed his mind and gone to Tre Fiori for £29 per appearance, and a fiver per goal/sub appearance. Really irritated with that one. He was our top scorer this season.

Archived