AS Monaco - Find your wonderkids here!

lukekarts

I'm gonna be starting a Monaco save within the next week when I have time. Already tested them out in FMT just to see what they were like and I like what I see. What a great young squad they have, a hardworking team as well with no real selfish players in the squad. I'll be using a high block pressing possession style tactic, either a 4231 or a 433 wide.

Just sold Bernado Silva for 51m half way thru my second season, was playing him as a falce 9 and he had 14 goals in 17 games, but was unhappy and wanted to leave for Madrid so i sold

think i might try Lemar as falce 9 now see how he gets on, has similar stats

currently unbeaten in league in 2nd season just in winter break now, lead league by 4 points hoping for my 2nd league title in a row

I'm exactly half-way through my first season and undefeated in La Ligue. Playing an aggressive 4312. Sadly, a different story in Europe. Got through the early qualifiers without problem then drew the archetypal group of death: Real Madrid, Arsenal and PSV. First up, Madrid at home, they went to 10 men in the first three minutes, and ripped us apart. 3-0 loss to a Ronaldo hat-trick; god knows what the score would have been if they'd had 11 men. In the away tie, with a more cautious approach, we lost 4-0. Arsenal we lost away (an unlucky 1-0) and then won at home; beat PSV home and away, but finished third in the group on 9 points. Fenerbache up next in the Europa.

Defensively, we've been sound, with only Raggi in line to be replaced (and he hasn't been terrible); midfield has been excellent; the problems have been up front, I think. I've been retraining Mbappe as a striker and, while it's too early to say, it hasn't been a great success. Only Falcao looks like the real deal and I think Carrillo and Germain are not good enough for the top level. That's where we need to spend, either in January or June. Falcao is top scorer; Mendy most POMs; Moutinho highest-rated.

End of season, and I think we did OK Played PSG three times and won them all, which was satisfying.

sm3jJ9A.png?1

yfiB3T3.png?1

Signed Gelson Fernandes in July since the tactic needs three central midfielders and we were short on rotation (Dirar was sold because he didn't fit the tactic). Then in January Lemar had his head turned by Liverpool, so he left for £32m and I brought in Hakim Zayech for £24m. I take back what I said about Carillo - he finished as top goalscorer and player of the year, and I gave him a new contract. Falcao dropped off towards the end of the season but had a habit of cropping with a hat-trick at regular intervals. 

It's a fantastic squad and they played some beautiful football. All three of my defeats came in March/April as injuries started to mount and I couldn't rotate enough to keep fresh legs. And there may be trouble ahead - Man City, Chelsea and Real Madrid are pursuing half of the first team, and the board have given me just £10m transfer budget! 

anyone of u move to a new stadium?

my board announce to move in second season, bulit in 2 years. so stadium completed during my 4th season

named after the chairman , Rybolovlev Stadium, capacity 27,328 with option to expand 100% to ard 54,000

ps: mbappe is a monster in my 4th season, 1 assist per league game.

Doing a save where I try and spend as little money as possible, as well as trying to promote as many youth players into first team regulars. Sold Bernardo Silva for 120m at the end of the first season, then sold Lemar for 93m at the end of the second. Still managed to win the league and finish on 100 points in both seasons. Made just over 300m in transfers in 2 seasons, spent about 7m, needless to say Monaco's youth is very impressive

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 2nd season with Monaco and won League and Coupe de Leigue again, so done double twice. Only had 1 defeat in League in 2nd season winning 30 and drawing the other 7, Scoring 97 goals and only conceiding 26

sold a few players for total of 100m and only bought 20m worth back in, yet finances still dont seem great think its due to my wage bill

got new stadium due for 4th season so maby that will improve the finances 

mainly using the great youth Monaco have loaned few out, Corentin Jean was top scoreer in French Leage last year while out on loan with 30 goals so will use him for my 3rd season, Bochilla looks great after a year out on loan too

• 1 month later...

Just starting my Monaco save and I'm torn between two different tactics at the moment.

A 4-2-3-1 seems good because there's a bit of a lack of quality strikers at the club and it's a system I'm pretty familiar with which is well balanced. It allows my attacking players to play in their preferred positions too (I'm going to try to give Mbappe quite a bit of game time on the left wing in this formation). There's not a huge amount of depth to cover the wings though.

However, I'm also thinking a 4-2-2-2 might work well, with Lemar and Bernardo both playing centrally. This might also help with the general lack of depth at the club as I don't need to worry about wingers. I'd have Mbappe playing as a striker in this set-up.

I think selling Moutinho might be the best way forward. At 30 he's not going to get any better but I should still be able to get a decent amount for him. I've already sold Carillo and brought in Ze Gomes to add to my youthful team but if I can sell Moutinho I should be able to use the money to bring in a couple of younger midfielders for the future. It'll also free up some wages, which are a problem. Longer term, I'm also considering selling Falcao after 1 season. His wages are high, he's injury prone and I suspect his value will decline quite quickly so I figure if I can get 1 good season out of him that might be enough. Obviously, if he was an amazing season I may change my mind!

I am into 2019 and have won the league in each season so far.  I play a 4-4-2 diamond and it has been brilliant.  Mbappe has played mainly as a poacher for me.  I managed to get Nabil Fekir for £12m and play him as a F9.  I sold Falcao to finance some transfers as I felt Mbappe, Fekir and Germain were more than enough to cover the strikers.  Moussa Dembele has also come in so I now have four quality strikers.  I am now at the point that I have to shed strikers as the youth has produced some brilliant striekrs too.  I got Iker Muniain for £2.1m to play as a SS to backup Silva.  Him and Dembele are now on the transfer list due to the quality of the youth strikers,

There is quality everywhere in this side.  It is unbelievable.

I'm in the 6th season of the game, my third at Monaco after 3 with Arsenal. I've won the Trophee de Champions, the Couple de la Ligue, the French Cup and Ligue 1. I'm 20 points clear at the top of the table in January, so that should be the title. I haven't been able to do much in the UCL, losing in the round of 16 both seasons. I was demolished by Inter in the first, whose manager, Walter Samuel, is one of the best in the world. In the second, I beat Napoli 3-0 in the first leg and lost 5-1 in the second. Really annoying. I really want to win it this year, as I haven't won any European trophies in this save, having won two Champions Leagues in the 4 years I covered on my last long-term save. My XI: Lloris; Mendy, Umiti, Odabasi (regen), Sidibe; Naby Keita, Djurovic (regen); KDB; Martial, Lacazette, Mbappe. I play a 4-3-3 narrow and Mbappe is the best player in the world! My defense leaks A LOT of goals, so that may be why I haven't won the UCL.

Quick update from early in my first season:

I beat Ajax in the first CL qualifying game, then got drawn against Man City in the final qualifier. Between those games I got rid of Germain as I am only planning to play 1 up front and already have Mbappe and Ze Gomes to cover for Falcao. I also brought in Lozano for a hefty chunk of money and Alejandro Gomez from Atalanta (IIRC) for 75k, which seems like a bug since he should be valued much higher.

I lost the away leg to Man City 2-1 after competing well for most of the game. I followed up with a 2-0 win over Nice, with a rotated squad, before the home tie. A few tactical tweaks and I managed to score 4 goals in the first 20 minutes, adding a 5th by halftime. Falcao got 2, Lozano got his first for the club and Fabinho got 2 wonder goals. Falcao completed his hat trick in the second half for a 6-0 win! My group draw wasn't too kind, with Real, Napoli and Benfica in my group.

One thing I am wondering about is the financial situation. I'm currently being told I'm going to fail the FFP rules but I'm hoping that's because up until my last game I hadn't qualified for the Champions' League and this will now change to reflect that.

Anyway, next up: PSG at home! Then transfer deadline day where I'll probably be going for some loans to add some depth to the squad.

On 2017-5-31 at 13:27, nick1408 said:

I am into 2019 and have won the league in each season so far.  I play a 4-4-2 diamond and it has been brilliant.  Mbappe has played mainly as a poacher for me.  I managed to get Nabil Fekir for £12m and play him as a F9.  I sold Falcao to finance some transfers as I felt Mbappe, Fekir and Germain were more than enough to cover the strikers.  Moussa Dembele has also come in so I now have four quality strikers.  I am now at the point that I have to shed strikers as the youth has produced some brilliant striekrs too.  I got Iker Muniain for £2.1m to play as a SS to backup Silva.  Him and Dembele are now on the transfer list due to the quality of the youth strikers,

There is quality everywhere in this side.  It is unbelievable.

Hi Mate

Sounds like you've had some very good success with your diamond set-up. I can't this system to work to save my life! Would you mind sharing your tactic to help me out?

2 hours ago, themightyyak said:

Hi Mate

Sounds like you've had some very good success with your diamond set-up. I can't this system to work to save my life! Would you mind sharing your tactic to help me out?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7f21fb6w2pqa4i/4-4-2 Diamond AS Monaco_C10EEDE2-3AD9-4770-991E-E020417B8CBC.fmf?dl=0

Another update from me after my first season.

After my tough Champions League draw I had to play PSG at home and lost 3-1. I made some tactical tweaks after that which seemed to improve things. The CL campaign was very up and down. Napoli beat Real in the first game, which caused me some problems as it gave them 3 points more than I expected them to have. Everyone beat Benfica so it really came down to a mini-league between me, Napoli and Real. I did OK, ending up with 10 points but it wasn't enough and we went out of the CL in the group stages.

We also lost early in the French Cup but we were going well in the league, unbeaten since the early loss to PSG. They dropped a few points here and there. After enduring a difficult period in the run-up to Christmas, where we kept scraping 1-0 and 2-1 wins we found ourselves 8 points clear of PSG in the league and going well in the League Cup. The second half of he season was better in terms of the football we played. We drew in January with PSG, which was an OK result as it kept them 8 points behind. We managed to win the League Cup, then romped home in the league, finishing with over 100 points, 90 goals and unbeaten since the early loss to PSG. The team really seemed to click around February. The only disappointment was losing to Ajax in the first knockout stage of the Euro League. We lost the away leg 5-2 but almost went through with a 2-0 home win - Falcao missed and absolute sitter with 5 minutes to go.

The player performances were very good. Falcao finished with 36 goals, Ze Gomes with 18 and Fabinho with 19 (he seems to be the next Frank Lamaprd with his midfield goal scoring  antics). Subasic won GK of the year in France too.

I tried to sign Muniain and Thiago Maia in January but failed with both. Muniain opted for much bigger wages at Leicester and Thiago Maia for some reason decided Sporting were a better destination than Monaco despite me offering more wages and first team football. Oh well. On the bright side, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, Sidibe and Bakayouko all signed new contracts.

So now I have a few big decisions to make. Chelsea have been sniffing around Bernardo Silva since Christmas but he doesn't seem too bothered about leaving. That may change if they actually make a solid offer. I was planning to sell some players and change my tactics a bit but after the success of this season I'm thinking that may be a bit rash. I have around £50m to spend but wages are very tight after the contract renewals. I think I'm going to have to wait and see what offers come in for my players before making any decisions. I definitely need more depth in defence and central midfield though.

One thing I have realised is Monaco have a lot of good players out on loan, all around the 19-22 age range. That may affect my plans for next season as some seem good enough to slot into the team, replacing some fringe players. Others I may be able to make good money from. Either way, I'll have my traditional second season clear-out of the dead wood, which should free up some wages.

How did players Gil Dias, Bongiovanni, Boschilla, N'Gakoutou and Leroy Abanda develop for everyone? I ask because I'm halfway through my third season, and they've all progressed very nicely, but they look like players who can be easily overlooked at the start

15 hours ago, NiiNjA DuDezZ said:

How did players Gil Dias, Bongiovanni, Boschilla, N'Gakoutou and Leroy Abanda develop for everyone? I ask because I'm halfway through my third season, and they've all progressed very nicely, but they look like players who can be easily overlooked at the start

Just finished my first season but Gil Dias and Boschilla are definitely in my plans for the first team next year. Both are progressing really well after loan spells gave them a lot of game time last season. Bongiovanni could go either way right now but I'm thinking he's probably not going to make it. Abanda looks really good but is still a bit too young to say for certain. I may loan him out next season so he gets a good 25+ first team games under his belt.

Monaco has a lot of good players out on loan and there are some tough decisions to make in the first couple of seasons because it's really hard to find space for all of them.

4 hours ago, Don_69 said:

About to start my third season and I've decided to replace Subasic. It's between Courtois or Donnarumma. They are equally priced, so do I go for the better one right now or the super talent? Thoughts?

I went for Lafont in my second season. He's only played a couple of games but he's been amazingly solid for an 18-year old. Out of those two I'd go for Donnarumma. He's a bit younger, but very nearly as good and he usually develops to be the best keeper in the game. You can't really go wrong with either, though.

On 20.6.2017 at 21:03, Mike J said:

I went for Lafont in my second season. He's only played a couple of games but he's been amazingly solid for an 18-year old. Out of those two I'd go for Donnarumma. He's a bit younger, but very nearly as good and he usually develops to be the best keeper in the game. You can't really go wrong with either, though.

Thanks man, went for Donnarumma ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought id post in here as im in my 3rd season witht Monaco.  I holidayed season 1 then took over for season 2.  Unfortunately i dont have any screenies because im a noob when it comes to that.

Last season was great for Monaco as we won the league by 9 points over PSG finishing with 97 points and scoring 102 and allowing 24.  We lost to Atletico Madrid in the Champs. Lg. final 3-2 in extras.  We lost to Caen in semis of French Cup and also lost to Angers in our 1st rd of Coup de la Ligue.

Bernardo was a machine leading the teams scoring charts with 28 goals as a SS.  I just sold him in the off season to Man City for $121M + 50% future transfer(that should be at least another $30M+ when he goes to Barca or Real).  I decided not to spend so loosely on a new player as i had brought in Berardi earlier who played similar to Silva.  Lemar is being chased by all the big teams and i just turned down $93M from Bayern as i wanted more and i also wanted the 50% future fee included.  I know he will leave soon, but im trying to make sure its not in the same year as Silva.

I have 3 commercial affiliates in toal from Japan, USA, and Australia.  Im posting this because i noticed in the year i holidayed, Monaco generated $2.1M in merchandise which is pathetic.  I ended up signing Keisuke Honda on a free last season and he really helped out in bringning in merchandising money as we made $14M that year.  I cant seem to find any Americans worth adding to booster the merchandise besides Pulisic, but Dortmund have stunted his growth as he looks average and available for $21M.  Im having the same issue with getting a good player thats Aussie.  I ended up selling Honda this year and i replaced him with Kagawa who was listed very cheaply and was told theres a chance he might out sell Lemar in the jersey department.

Our next season we are moving into our new stadium that seats around 25K people.  Its not bad, but i feel we can sell that out with more good results.  Also wanted to point out that the team sold 1300 season tickets in the first season and now in the third season we have sold 6750 season tickets.  Its not a huge number to a lot of people, but when your stadium only holds 17-18K, thats a very big change.

How's Bakayoko performing for you guys? For me he's not been anything more than average.. Third season and my scouts rate him as a 3 star player with 3 star potential as well. I'm using him as a deep lying playmaker next to Afonso Sousa (advanced playmaker) and Fabinho (regista). Maybe not his best position but I want him in that role. Bayern are now offering almost £57 million all cash up front. Would you sell? Will replace him with Renato Sanches, however I would probably have to pay at least £80 mill as he's a first team regular for Bayern. As a DLP he's better than Baba at every stat..

1 hour ago, Don_69 said:

How's Bakayoko performing for you guys? For me he's not been anything more than average.. Third season and my scouts rate him as a 3 star player with 3 star potential as well. I'm using him as a deep lying playmaker next to Afonso Sousa (advanced playmaker) and Fabinho (regista). Maybe not his best position but I want him in that role. Bayern are now offering almost £57 million all cash up front. Would you sell? Will replace him with Renato Sanches, however I would probably have to pay at least £80 mill as he's a first team regular for Bayern. As a DLP he's better than Baba at every stat..

Bakayako has been a rock for me at BWM-D(DM).  Last season he had a rating of 7.43 in Ligue1.  I play him purely defensively and he usually cleans up the midfield for me

• 1 month later...

Decided to start a Monaco game as even though they have made some great signings this summer it won't be the same without Bernardo, Bakayoko, Mendy etc.

Decided to set myself a slight challenge and will only buy French and Belgian players.

Similar to a lot of people, I was handed a group of death in the Champions League as I was drawn alongside Juventus, Atletico Madrid & Spurs. I would like to continue in Europe so would be too disappointed with 3rd and place in the Europa.

I will update on transfers when I am not at work.

3 hours ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

Decided to start a Monaco game as even though they have made some great signings this summer it won't be the same without Bernardo, Bakayoko, Mendy etc.

Decided to set myself a slight challenge and will only buy French and Belgian players.

Similar to a lot of people, I was handed a group of death in the Champions League as I was drawn alongside Juventus, Atletico Madrid & Spurs. I would like to continue in Europe so would be too disappointed with 3rd and place in the Europa.

I will update on transfers when I am not at work.

I had planned to start this save as far back as March so none of the players had left yet but I've only just managed to get around to it. I have the same feeling as you though, I was considering playing with a summer transfer window update but wanted to use the 2016/17 squad as it will be the last chance I would have to use that group of players. What formation are you thinking of using? I'll probably go with either a flat 433 wide or a 4231 wide.

I originally started with a 4-3-3 wide with Bernardo cutting in on the right and Lemar sticking wide on the left but I found it isolated Falcao too much and we weren't scoring enough. Switched to a narrow diamond with 2 up top, Bernardo in CM and Lemar at AM and it allows the fullbacks lots of freedom. Results have been better.

Archived