PitchPosh

34 minutes ago, Cunego said:

My first season:

tac: 4231

igaz.jpg

tab.jpg

costa.jpg

Hazard.jpg

Impressive goals for total to win the league with Costa scoring 35 in 36 games; how have you set your tactic up? Presumably no cup double? Good luck in Europe in season two.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update to earlier posts - 17/18 Mid-Season Report

As predicted by PitchPosh, it didn’t take long for the vultures to circle some of my key players. Only just into June 2017 when PSG unsettled Costa and, given his reaction, I had little choice but to let him go. Unfortunately PSG were not as generous as in other people saves and the best I could get was £41.5m (£58m potential). OM then came in for Oscar, who I was not desperate to keep given his lack of consistency and I offloaded him for £37M.                   

During 16/17 season I had no problems with Premier League Wages FFP but maybe I sold Costa too soon in the window as I was notified that I was failing FFP wages. Bizarre…I am well under wage budget allocated by the board, who have praised me for wage control, yet the amount I am allowed for wages under FFP has dropped like a stone from £192m in 16/17 to £158m in 17/18! Hopefully just a blip that will be resolved or just a fine.

Barca came in for Dave, who went public when I turned the offer down. The “I turned the offer down in your own interests as you are unlikely to get regular football ….” Option seemed to do the trick; he publicly announced his intention to stay on later in the window. Fabregas had been on loan with Man City during 16/17 season and they exercised a loan option to make the deal permanent. Great news from my point of view. Just before the transfer window was due to close, Pep turned up to watch Hazard………No bid was made though….Maybe they will come in during next window?

I mentioned in my previous post that I wanted to rationalise my squads to get player numbers under control and reduce number out on loan. I decided to be pretty ruthless sorting out squads of c 25 for First team, U23’s and U18’s, ensuring cover for each position in my tactics. Criteria for my first team squad were CA minimum of 2 stars, PA minimum 3 stars. Sadly I had to sell the likes of Tammy Abraham , Bamford, along with Cahill, Ivanovich, Hector, Miazga, Remy etc. Overall I sold 21 players and released a further 21. 2 were sent out on loan. I still have a few at the club that I do not want, but have largely achieved what I wanted.

On the recruitment side, the main area that I needed extra quality was up front – a replacement for Costa. Solanke is coming along nicely by neither he, nor Batshui are currently good enough to be my main striker. My primary target was Dybala but he was just not interested in a move. I did, however, manage to land my 2nd target – Griezmann. He wasn’t cheap £85m (£94m), but gave me quality up front and would be excellent replacement for Hazard if needed. I purchased four other youngsters for the future at varying costs, with three of them having 4 star potential.

01Transfers.JPG

Man City were the biggest net spenders in the Premier League - £158m! They spent £114m on Verratti, along with £22m on Alba and £14m on Fabregas. We were”bottom” of the transfer window table receiving £38m more than we spent! How am I failing on FFP wages when my wages are at similar level to last year……..

Verratti at £114m was by far the biggest worldwide deal in this window, followed by my purchase of Griezmann. Neves joined PSG for £42m (£75m) as did Asensio for £25m (£37m).

02TransferWindow.JPG

On the managerial front, Roberto Mancini took over from Klopp , Wenger still at Arsenal (under contract till 2019). Mourinho at Man Utd and Pochettino at Tottenham.

We beat Arsenal 4-1 in the Community Shield season opener with Griezmann scoring on his debut. Currently 4 games in to 17/18 season as transfer window closes and joint top on 10 point (Huddersfield having snatched a draw having been battered and played off the park…with their goalkeeper being their best player!). Kante sent off after 50 minutes in first match of season at home to Liverpool; we still won 2-1. Then in next match away to Wolves, Maia was sent off after 45 minutes; we won 1-0 though.

Using my modified “regista” tactic that I finished 16/17 season with. Only change that I have had to make is up front. Griezmann is not same type of player as Costa so I play him as AF(A); Diego was DF(S). Griezmann currently has 3 goals in 5 games.

I'm finding this years FM transfer dealing a bit whacked to be honest. Too many £100m+ deals. Yes I understand that there's a lot of money in the game, but just find it hard to get my head around one club spending so much money on one player. Mental. Signs of the times I guess. 

1 hour ago, bucket said:

Is the FFP reduction something to do with the Europe less season that we encounter in the first season? 

Not sure but the "pass/fail" amount fluctuates monthly. I am wondering whether the bonuses paid for winning the league and cup caused a spike that will work its way out - it looks like the game uses a 12 month rolling type calculation.

On 2016-12-01 at 12:30, mhaffy said:

No direct experience of de Vrij, but decided to look him up on my save - i am hoping to post update on my save shortly (20 games into season). Scout reports for de Vrij as follows:

de Vrij.JPG

His attributes/playing stats to date are pretty good:

de VrrijAtts.JPG

He looks as though he would be good buy to replace Terry but unlikely to come cheap. I would be tempted to try for Jairo Riedewald (see my earlier post) who is younger, very versatile, probably cheaper and CA only slightly below that of de Vrij.  Riedewald seems to have more potential and ability to be one of best players at Chelsea. Can play CD, DM, Wing Back.........

Riedewald.JPG

Riedewalds performances for me to date, have been as good as ratings de Vrij has been getting at Lazio

ReidewaldAtts.JPG

Keep us updated on who you get it in....good luck

Bought De Vrij, has been fantastic for me. Really fantastic buy.

59 minutes ago, bucket said:

Any new updates lads? I'll be continuing my Woking save this evening so will update then, how Chelsea are doing. 

It has been very quiet on this thread recently; I am hoping to post update on my progress later today. Looking forward to seeing how Woking are progressing.

Update to 17/18 season - 20 Games played

On the playing field we had a good start to the season, beating Arsenal 4-1 to win the Community Shield and then winning our first 3 league games. But then things took a turn for the worse. We played Huddersfield off the park at The Bridge but they managed to snatch a draw, with their goalkeeper performing heroics. We bounced back to win 1-0 at Crystal Palace but then lost 4 games in a row, starting with a 4-2 defeat at Inter in Champions league having been ahead twice. One of these defeats was in the League Cup. I had hoped to get a relatively easy draw to be able to give some youngsters a game but we were away to Tottenham and lost despite playing astrong team. After losing 2-0 at home to Arsenal with morale low, a team meeting gave us a boost as did a 10-0 win in a friendly that I scheduled during the international window.

The team then went on an incredible 13 game winning run and looked unstoppable, going top of the Premier League and winning our Champions League Group with ease. Tottenham then dealt us another body blow, coming back from 3-1 down to beat us 4-3; I was not happy with the team! Our winning streak was over and we then lost 2-0 at Sunderland and were held to a goalless draw by Liverpool in a match we should have won.

AFixtures.JPG

As 2017 comes to an end, with January transfer widow nearing, we are 3rd with 42 points from 20 games, 6 points behind West Ham. We will need another winning run to retain the premier League!  In a very similar position at same stage last season when we went on to win the title.

ALTable.JPG

Hazard is obviously a top transfer target for PSG who have been scouting him constantly and using their players to try and encourage him to join. At the moment he is apparently “ignoring the speculation about his future”. I have left his value set at £120m and I will have to hope I keep him as he is playing well on a consistent basis.

Somewhat disappointed with Griezmann despite him being our top scorer. He seems to consistently manage to miss what appear to be “sitters” and often only get ratings of 6.5-6.7. I have pulled him off at half time once and often take him off after 60 mins in games. Hopefully he will get better and is certainly not playing to the level you would expect for his attributes. Switched my striker to F9 role rather than AF(A) when we went on our long winning run. His reports refer to himas a consistent performer.......he is certainly consistent at frustrating me with his Jeckyll and Hyde performances!

ASquad.JPG

Kante was out injured for a while and this gave Chalobah a run in the side and he put in some good performances.

Christensen and Zouma, currently injured, have both been good. John Terry has announced he is retiring at the end of the season; not sure yet whether I will offer him a coaching role.

Courtois has signed a new long term deal as had David Luiz.

Tactic wise, I have been using my adjusted “regista” tactic most of the time with main “tweak” being to defensive line. Occasionally change roles to try and close out games (not always successfully).

On stats we get plenty of possession, topping premier league with 58%. Second highest goals scored, 42, after 20 games and top for shots on target (165) and dribbles per game (31).

A Stats.JPG

Fingers crossed re January 2018 transfer window....and the run in towards the title......

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2016 at 11:19, dino said:

How have people found Courtois? Does he ever try and force a move?

I'll probably start a Chelsea save when the February squad update drops. 

Courtois performing well and not causing any problems. Real Madrid interested in signing him but he has not forced a move; i did give him a new improved contract. I plan on keeping him unless forced to sell him. Enjoy your save when you get it underway...Keep us posted via this thread on your progress

Currently have a Chelsea save running. Have a couple of 4-2-3-1 setups for most games and a 4-3-3 for when I think I'm going to need some extra cover and I'm not the favourite.

First season is going okay, currently in March and second in the league to Arsenal. Willian is by far the best player at the club for me and top scorer, 25(7) games, 17 goals and 9 assists. Having trouble getting the best out of Hazard, 26(3) games, 10 goals and 11 assists.

Made a couple of signings in the first season, de Ligt, Pellegrini, and Melegoni some young players for the future. Guedes and Kessie went out on loan first season but will be in the team second season. Tried to get Maia but couldn't afford him. Hopefully I'll be more successful in the summer.

When I get to pre-season there will be a lot of players leaving the club, Remy, Cuadrado, Atsu, Batshuayi, Rahman, Ake, Kenedy to name a few. Should give me some decent funds to strengthen the defence and get me a world class striker. Current targets Maia, Griezmann and Donnarumma who I managed to unsettle and he now wants to come. 

Was given a healthy budget of £110m for the 2nd season and at the time had about £110k in spare wages.

All of the loan players came back and it put £500k a week over budget (had loaned Fabregas out in Jan which is 200k a week) and for some reason I can't amend the budget. Has this happened to anyone else? I am in the process of correcting it by selling/loaning out players but it does take time!

Just lost out on Pulisic. £24m bid accepted but could offer him £120 a week wages. He went to Napoli instead. So frustrating.

Has anyone ever tried a Chelsea side and bring through the young players like Christensen, Baker, Aina, Solanke etc, I might give it a go and literally gradually get rid of all of the senior players and bring through the young players, might have to wait to season 2 to do this as most are on loan, anyone ever tried to do this.

Currently in my 4th season and just taken over at Werder Bremen. Have signed David luiz, Cesc Fabregas and Dominic Solanke all on frees. Also got Tammy Abraham on loan for the season. Signed Nathan also on a free and Pasalic (Sp!) from Palace (ex Chelsea). Also Nathan Ake from Espanyol. I will get round to doing a major write up, but just been so into the game and completely forget!!

Right my Woking (journeyman) Save as promised ... for those that don't know, Chelsea is the dream job!

Started at Woking

1st Season - Lost in play off semi final.

2nd Season - Winners of National League and FA Trophy.

3rd Season - Promoted via play offs.

4th season - Resigned end of November due to lack of ambition from board. Side relegated at end of season.

4th Season Cont - Joined AZ - lasted 2 months as felt the job wasn't for me.

4th Season Cont 2 - Joined Werder Bremen whom i managed to keep up. 

5th Season - Werder Bremen - just started, was turned down for an interview at Chelsea. Had interviews at Southampton, Aston Villa but both rejected me.

Chelsea:

1st season - Finished 7th, Conte sacked, Louis Van Gaal succeeded.

Players Signed: Stefan de Vrij, Yann M'Villa, Bacary Sagna.

Players Sold: Ivanovic. 

2nd Season - Finished 5th, Van Gaal manager.

Players signed: Florenzi, Sergi Gomez, Morgan Sanson, Fabinho, Sergej Milinkovic Savic. - £107m

Players Sold: Terry, Eduardo, Mikel - Released. Remy, Van Ginkel, Moses, Kalas, Costa (£28.5m - Barcelona)), Atsu, M'Villa (£22.5m) all sold. - £61m. Quite a few young players also released.

3rd Season - Finished 2nd. Van Gaal Sacked, Roberto Mancini took over.

Players Signed: Barkley, Jan Svensson (regen), Mandzukic, Hajek (Regen), Pedro Pereria, Mario, Gonzalo Guedes. - £120m.

Players Sold: Miazga, Hector, Cahill, Kane, Baker, Rahman, Hazard (£90m - Man City) - loads of youngsters released inc Chalobah, Bamford, Piazon. - £88m - Hazard is £63m - going up to £90m.

4th Season - Finished 8th. Mancini sacked, Leonardo Jardim currently manager. Mancini did win the league cup.

Players Signed: Strakosha, Jose Sa, Biglia (loan), Fekir (£37m going up to £49m), Djibril Sidibe (£22m going up to £29m). - £60m spent.

Players Sold: Zouma (£6.25m - Man Utd!!!) Kenedy, Ake, Batshuayi. - £24.5m

Current Season:

Players signed: 

Petr Divis (regen), Berardi (£52m going up to £68m), Danilo Cataldi.

Players Sold: Luiz, Fabregas Nathan, Boga, Solanke - Free (I signed them all!!)   

Anything you wanna ask, please do! 

I WILL GET THAT JOB!!!

On 12/12/2016 at 22:12, mhaffy said:

On the recruitment side, the main area that I needed extra quality was up front – a replacement for Costa. Solanke is coming along nicely by neither he, nor Batshui are currently good enough to be my main striker. My primary target was Dybala but he was just not interested in a move. I did, however, manage to land my 2nd target – Griezmann. He wasn’t cheap £85m (£94m), but gave me quality up front and would be excellent replacement for Hazard if needed. I purchased four other youngsters for the future at varying costs, with three of them having 4 star potential.

How much did you end up paying in fees for Griezmann? I've just agreed a £64m transfer for him, but he wanted £12m and his agent £10m which I laughed at as I booted them out the door.

On 12/01/2017 at 20:18, OneUnited said:

How much did you end up paying in fees for Griezmann? I've just agreed a £64m transfer for him, but he wanted £12m and his agent £10m which I laughed at as I booted them out the door.

I ended up paying him £11.75m and Agent £12.5m! Not cheap but was desperate to get good quality replacement for Costa and plenty in transfer kitty! I included £122m as minimum release fee and included optional 1 year extension that club could trigger.......

Football Manager has had to take a back seat for a while due to familiy (elderly parents/in laws) commitments so only just finished my second season; very poor progress compared to Bucket who is already in his 5th season! Anyway.....I have just finished my 2nd season:

Update 17/18 2nd half of season

January transfer window opens and surprise, surprise….PSG come in repeatedly for Hazard with £46m offer. I keep rejecting, Hazard keeps ignoring and window passes with him still a happy Chelsea player. Man Utd come in for “Dave”, offering a paltry £16m; what are they on? I reject and “Dave” not unsettled and stays. No bids received for other Chelsea players with the overall window being pretty quiet.

Hillion, one of my better quality, but elderly, scouts announces he will be retiring at the end of the season.

In early February, Mancini is sacked at Liverpool and Pardew sacked by Palace. Man City continuing to struggle to get into the top four….Pep under pressure. As often seems to happen in the real world,  Arsenal are drawn to play Bayern in first knockout round of the Champions League. Chelsea are drawn against Sporting.

When the youth intake comes in I get a couple of players influenced by my HOYD’s personality but not of previous years calibre/potential. I do manage to poach a couple of Man Utd’s best intake prospects by moving quickly!

We started 2018 with three wins, including FA Cup, before losing at home to Man Utd after going ahead. Totenham and Man Utd becoming “bogey” teams that keep coming back from behind to beat us after being dominated for most of the game. Their players suddenly seem to shift up several gears to become irresistible in last half hour of games. Very frustrating…..I have yet to work out a counter to this!

Away to Sporting in the first leg we go 2-0 up within 20 minutes only to see them “do a Man Utd/Tottenham” on us in last half hour to snatch an undeserved draw. Or next match was away to Villa in the FA Cup and despite dominating, Villa beat us 2-1. We then won two league games comfortably before the return leg with Sporting. In the return leg we were all over them, 30 shots, 12 on target, 64% possession…….but they have 2 shots, score 2 goals and we lose 2-1, with our goal coming in 2nd minute of injury time! Give us strength!

Morale low in early March and only the league to focus on, so I arrange a couple friendlies against local team’s who we duly trounce to restore morale. We then extend our unbeaten run in the league to 13 before meeting Tottenham  at The Bridge – with 2 games left we are 9 points clear so only pride to play for. I am keen to finally bag a win over Spurs but suffer my usual fate. Harry Kane snatches a goal completely against the run of play after 18 minutes and Minelli, the Spurs keeper plays a blinder hurling himself around to stop everything we try. Hopefully I will get revenge in 18/19…….

AFixtures.JPG

We win the league comfortably with 86 points, 6 ahead of Spurs. Man City finish 6th, despite spending £138m net in the transfer market, and Pep is sacked. Man City topped the net transfer spending with £138m whilst Chelsea were 20th with a net transfer inflow of £53m.

AComptetitions.JPG

ALeagueTable.JPG

I mentioned in my previous post that I started to receive a warning that I was failing premier League FFP on wages…..by 14th May all seemed fine – I had won the league and we were on track to pass……Subsequent to this I renewed a couple of contracts and currently I am on track to Fail 17/18 Wage FFP despite being well within my wage budget. Totally bemused by how this is working and when cut-off is; it seems that consistently being below the wage budget set by my board is not good enough! Anyone else had this issue?

On season stats side, my “Regista” tactic continued to perform really well overall (apart from blips against Villa, Sporting, Man U and Spurs….). I need to work on an end game, cling on tactic.

Possession 1st 58.55%     Goals Scored 1st  78     Crosses Completed 1st 195     Pass Completion 2nd 82%

Shots on Target 1st 317     Dribbles per Game 1st 32

AStatsTeam.JPG

Griezmann was joint top scorer in the league with 27 goals but remains an enigma. His average rating in the Premier League at 7.22 was only slightly lower than our best player Hazard 7.27. Griezmann, however put in numerous sub 6.5 performances and was nowhere near as consistent as Hazard. I rarely subbed Hazard re his performance level but often took an ineffective Griezmann off. Bizarre really given their attributes/CA/PA are both so high. Maybe Griezmann is “just bedding in” to life at Chelsea and his performances will improve on the consistency level in 18/19…I hope so.

APlayerStats.JPG

Looking through my first team squad as I end 17/18, very little needs changing unless I lose top players in the next transfer window. If offers come in for Pedro or Matic I will look carefully at them.

ASquad.JPG

Plenty of potential, with good personality traits, in my U18’s so the future looks bright.

AU18Squad.JPG

Fingers crossed for summer transfer window......hopefully Hazard stays!

I got him in the end. Pre-season he's yet to score against easy teams and is being outclassed by Hazard and Willian.

I don't know how to get the best out of him. I guess the way I play means we don't really need a striker as most of my goals come from the AML/AMC/AMR positions. Perhaps I'll drop him to AMC and play Costa as a target man to try get him more involved. 

9 minutes ago, OneUnited said:

I got him in the end. Pre-season he's yet to score against easy teams and is being outclassed by Hazard and Willian.

I don't know how to get the best out of him. I guess the way I play means we don't really need a striker as most of my goals come from the AML/AMC/AMR positions. Perhaps I'll drop him to AMC and play Costa as a target man to try get him more involved. 

After Costa's behaviour this week, I'll send the money grabbing rat straight on his way.... (IF the reports are true!!) 

Been a while since i posted in here.

I'm in the 2027/28 season with Chelsea. I've won the league 10 times out of 11, Champions League twice although i've made the final 5 times! FA Cup 5 times, League Cup 5 times. I'm not really focusing on the domestic cups these days, my aims at the moment are winning the Champions League and setting records in the league.

Last season i managed to break a lot of the league records: Points 102, most wins 33, scored 128 that year too but it wasn't our record. My striker Jamieson also scored 40 goals which was a record, i got him through the youth academy in the first season and he's the closest thing to Messi/Ronaldo in the game since they retired in terms of goals. 

If anyone wants any screenshots etc of my team, tactics, Chelsea players let me know. I still have Christensen (now 32) and have just sold on Courtois so he's the last of the originals left!

1 hour ago, JackJCFC said:

I'm in the 2027/28 season with Chelsea. I've won the league 10 times out of 11, Champions League twice although i've made the final 5 times! FA Cup 5 times, League Cup 5 times. I'm not really focusing on the domestic cups these days, my aims at the moment are winning the Champions League and setting records in the league.

Last season i managed to break a lot of the league records: Points 102, most wins 33, scored 128 that year too but it wasn't our record. My striker Jamieson also scored 40 goals which was a record, i got him through the youth academy in the first season and he's the closest thing to Messi/Ronaldo in the game since they retired in terms of goals. 

If anyone wants any screenshots etc of my team, tactics, Chelsea players let me know. I still have Christensen (now 32) and have just sold on Courtois so he's the last of the originals left!

Impressive progress  compared to me having only completed 2 seasons so far! Do you play full version or Touch?

Would be interested to see tactics that you deploy to achive ongoing success.

I use full version, don't really do too many changes season to season other than a few transfers

This is the tactic i'm currently using. First 8 seasons or so i played around with a 4-2-3-1 variant but this tactic has been far more sucessful for me in terms of wins, goals and defensively. I tried to base it loosely on Conte's Chelsea but with an extremely high pressing system. The two AM's both have individual instructions, the attacking one has dribble more, roam, move into channels and the support one has shoot more and get further forward. 

I've not tried this with any other team so not sure how much of it is down to the players and how much is down to the tactics. 

9 minutes ago, JackJCFC said:

I use full version, don't really do too many changes season to season other than a few transfers

This is the tactic i'm currently using. First 8 seasons or so i played around with a 4-2-3-1 variant but this tactic has been far more sucessful for me in terms of wins, goals and defensively. I tried to base it loosely on Conte's Chelsea but with an extremely high pressing system. The two AM's both have individual instructions, the attacking one has dribble more, roam, move into channels and the support one has shoot more and get further forward. 

I've not tried this with any other team so not sure how much of it is down to the players and how much is down to the tactics. 

I like the look of this, but having just invested in some good youth AML/AMR options I cannot try it. Plus, Willian is the best player I think I've ever had in FM at the moment so cannot drop him. Although after winning the league with me in the first season he's told me he wants to go to Barcelona if they make an offer. I will write up a report shortly, but just waiting for a couple of the high earners who told me they want to leave to go.

2 hours ago, JackJCFC said:

Show us a pic of this regen please mate!!

50 minutes ago, OneUnited said:

I like the look of this, but having just invested in some good youth AML/AMR options I cannot try it. Plus, Willian is the best player I think I've ever had in FM at the moment so cannot drop him. Although after winning the league with me in the first season he's told me he wants to go to Barcelona if they make an offer. I will write up a report shortly, but just waiting for a couple of the high earners who told me they want to leave to go.

You could always retrain them? That's what i'm doing at the moment, usually have one fullback and one winger converted to play the role and i rotate them depending on how tough the opposition is. I think Willian would work well as an AM in this formation!

13 minutes ago, bucket said:

Show us a pic of this regen please mate!!

Here are his stats and his history.  He had an injury hit season 25/26 but other than that he's been incredible. He has some tough competition from another striker who came through our ranks at the same sort of time but i think i might get rid of him so Jamieson can be undisputed first choice. 

I might do a team write up this evening if i have time!

16 minutes ago, JackJCFC said:

You could always retrain them? That's what i'm doing at the moment, usually have one fullback and one winger converted to play the role and i rotate them depending on how tough the opposition is. I think Willian would work well as an AM in this formation!

Here are his stats and his history.  He had an injury hit season 25/26 but other than that he's been incredible. He has some tough competition from another striker who came through our ranks at the same sort of time but i think i might get rid of him so Jamieson can be undisputed first choice. 

I might do a team write up this evening if i have time!

Wow man he is fantastic! ❤❤!! Happy days! I'm gonna push on with my Werder save as currently 3rd! But Bayern just buy this league. Both them and Dortmund just have too much money for anyone else to get close to them!! I hope to get the Chelsea job sooner otherwise will have to start a new save!

3 hours ago, JackJCFC said:

I think I may try it later on, for now this is working perfectly for me. Won the league in my first season, League Cup and lost the final of the FA Cup to Man United. I made a couple of tweeks and I know it's only pre-season, but we're looking good value already. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 18.46.41.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 18.44.36.png

• 3 weeks later...

Morning peoples! I've kinda started a new Chelsea save finally. Fed up with waiting for the job to come available on Woking save. Is it worth waiting for the new transfer update to start or just crack on with original database? 

On 2/1/2017 at 09:16, bucket said:

Morning peoples! I've kinda started a new Chelsea save finally. Fed up with waiting for the job to come available on Woking save. Is it worth waiting for the new transfer update to start or just crack on with original database? 

In this dilemma too. Thinking I've waited this long to start a Chelsea save, I can wait till the update drops.  

Yeah I tried to do the editing myself. With the Oscar £60m, Bamford £10m etc all to go through on the 1st Jan. They transferred to their new clubs, but no money was received. So... really not sure what to do now. Either stop playing and wait for the transfer update or carry on, hoping the money turns up somewhere?

On 2/10/2017 at 10:52, bucket said:

Yeah I tried to do the editing myself. With the Oscar £60m, Bamford £10m etc all to go through on the 1st Jan. They transferred to their new clubs, but no money was received. So... really not sure what to do now. Either stop playing and wait for the transfer update or carry on, hoping the money turns up somewhere?

If they were pre-arranged transfer, it could mean that you start with the money. Or do you have to edit the finances yourself?

On 2/10/2017 at 10:52, bucket said:

Pretty sure you've already had this answered elsewhere already...

When you edit transfers in the pre game editor, the money won't be added.. that's how it works.

You either use the editor to add the transfer money to your budget or play on.

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

Pretty sure you've already had this answered elsewhere already...

When you edit transfers in the pre game editor, the money won't be added.. that's how it works.

You either use the editor to add the transfer money to your budget or play on.

Look at the dates I asked. Think it was pretty much the same day. Trying to get this Thread a bit more active. So pipe down...🙄.

4 hours ago, dino said:

If they were pre-arranged transfer, it could mean that you start with the money. Or do you have to edit the finances yourself?

I added the future transfer into their respective contract boxes. But no didn't do the finances as thought it would do it automatically. Obviously not. And yes got the answer on a different thread. 

1 minute ago, bucket said:

Look at the dates I asked. Think it was pretty much the same day. Trying to get this Thread a bit more active. So pipe down...🙄.

How about you lose the aggressive attitude? Maybe that might  stop people being put off posting here? I was merely suggesting that by now, you already know how to solve the issue, and that it's fairly easy to do in case others want to do the same.

Hardly putting people off. The threads/forums are very quiet nowadays anyway. Friendly or not. Not being funny, just the way it is now. Not sure why..! 

Thanks for the answer though 😉. I've taken it like a man and carried on. Can't be using the in game editor. That's cheating!😃 .

Have a good evening.

Get in! First season and I won the league by 4 points. Went into last game of season, 1 point ahead of United. Who then proceeded to lose to West Ham 3-1 while I won anyway. 

Will give a more detailed update later.

How's your saves going?

4 hours ago, ChelseaJr said:

Will start new long-term save with Chelsea. No transfers allowed :D 

Any recommendations on which formation to use? 

Seems that a lot of people here have tried three at the back; with various success however. 

Archived