FM17: Chelsea F.C.

PitchPosh

13 hours ago, mhaffy said:

Same here....won community shield and first two league games but don't seem to have desire to continue it! Spent most of time sorting out backroom team to improve things. Reported various bugs.....and hoping to get underway on long term save when full game released.

Currently looking at forums, trying to decide on transfer targets and using beta to see how much I can get targets for at start of a game!

Definitely after another striker and thinking of Belotti. Others possible targets are good young prospects for GK, DC. May well be playing three in midfield and thinking that additional cover/quality may be needed in MC but not sure "budget" will be sufficient after Belotti.....

I can’t even get past pre season when I find myself bored! 

Belotti was good for me in FM17 and so was Icardi. You can purchase either of them for around £52m. 

Berardi is avaliable for £22m-£24m. 

I suppose I can’t get into a proper game as I’ve been told to start a new save when the full game comes out and just to use this as a tester. Meaning I have to redo it all over again. Gets so tedious doing that time and time again. Yes you can find out the best players, fees, staff etc, but it also means you have to answer the same questions in your first interview with Roman, sort the backroom responsibilities out etc. That’s why I keep holidaying different saves, see if anything different comes up, but infuriating it doesn’t. City sign Sandro and Perisic, Chelsea sign Alba, Munich sign Schurrle. Seems I’m in a right bad mood today lol. I’m not, just I wanna get into this game but can’t. Am I getting too old to play it?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

I've got the game on order but with no beta.

Is Morata ranked well enough to lead the line for the next few years?

I would say he has the stats to do it, but as always, getting it out of him via tactics is a different story. He's had some decent moments for me, but I've only managed a few games into the preseason.

1 hour ago, PitchPosh said:

I would say he has the stats to do it, but as always, getting it out of him via tactics is a different story. He's had some decent moments for me, but I've only managed a few games into the preseason.

Spot on; I also think that Morata may be more injury prone than, say, Hazard. Abraham good prospect when he comes back from loan but I am planning to buy a quality additional striker at start of 17/18 save.

1 hour ago, bucket said:

So what staff do you bring in?

Felt I needed improve coaching quality in particular, ideally appointing staff with good professionalism. Staff in's and outs in my beta save (only completed pre season and 2 league games) is:

image.thumb.png.3dc6570ba20b6a1f8254bd4c50023306.png

Minimum 4* all coaching categories now and 1st/2nd for all categories apart from GK (4th best in Prem Lge). Medical team best in league and Recruitment 2nd best.

Will probably make similar appointments in main career save when full game released, unless I can find better alternatives.

1 hour ago, bucket said:

I'm not a fan of the new scouting layout. Think its one of the worst features for a while. Who wants to go through reports one after another. I liked the old format.

I too am finding it painful clicking through scout reports; hopefully there is a way to screen volume out by increasing the bar by raising minumum potential ability.

I think default is every 2 weeks; maybe worth doing it monthly if not actively after players...

2 hours ago, bucket said:

So what staff do you bring in? I'm not a fan of the new scouting layout. Think its one of the worst features for a while. Who wants to go through reports one after another. I liked the old format.

I'm finding the new scouting system a little cumbersome as well. I have essentially been using my own personal scouting knowledge built up from FM17 to take a look at players. I haven't looked into staff to much, but Man City are always after my Data Analysts!

1 hour ago, mhaffy said:

Felt I needed improve coaching quality in particular, ideally appointing staff with good professionalism. Staff in's and outs in my beta save (only completed pre season and 2 league games) is:

image.thumb.png.3dc6570ba20b6a1f8254bd4c50023306.png

Minimum 4* all coaching categories now and 1st/2nd for all categories apart from GK (4th best in Prem Lge). Medical team best in league and Recruitment 2nd best.

Will probably make similar appointments in main career save when full game released, unless I can find better alternatives.

I too am finding it painful clicking through scout reports; hopefully there is a way to screen volume out by increasing the bar by raising minumum potential ability.

I think default is every 2 weeks; maybe worth doing it monthly if not actively after players...

Thanks for the staff shouts! I feel like I've been bringing on McGuinness for about 6 years now! I'll probably get a little more into that once I begin my full save. I don't know if I can do it more than once. 

I too tend to find I hire mostly the same staff with each release of FM....Berhard Peters is always my Model Professional  "go to man" for HoYD. McGuiness is another regular! A bit like real life managers having a trusted core of people that move with them on the managerial merry go round.........

Hoping I can build up my enthusiasm by time full game is released. Always end up getting frustrated by the "bugs" in FM Beta; even more frustrated by certain issues that are flagged every year yet remain unfixed despite with SI assuring they are "under review".....Customising screens falls into this category again...

13 minutes ago, bucket said:

So far Ive sold Cahill and boy did he kick off lol! Bought Savic from Lazio (QUALITY!) and Icardi. Money gone now though!

I am hoping that Dynamics has been implemented sensibly and will not ruin long term saves. I get the feeling that a lot of the dynamics were already in place but were not clearly pulled together and presented in an easily assimilated way. I am tempted to sell Chaill but maybe I will just let him run down his contact...unless an offer comes in! Did Cahill "kicking off" disrupt lots of other players? Presumably even stripping him of captaincy may trigger a similar reaction! Was he easy to sell and how much did you get for him?

8 minutes ago, bucket said:

So far Ive sold Cahill and boy did he kick off lol! Bought Savic from Lazio (QUALITY!) and Icardi. Money gone now though!

For whatever reason, trying to ship Moses off upset the entire squad. I could certainly see this whole dynamics feature being a pain to deal with.

19 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

I am hoping that Dynamics has been implemented sensibly and will not ruin long term saves. I get the feeling that a lot of the dynamics were already in place but were not clearly pulled together and presented in an easily assimilated way. I am tempted to sell Chaill but maybe I will just let him run down his contact...unless an offer comes in! Did Cahill "kicking off" disrupt lots of other players? Presumably even stripping him of captaincy may trigger a similar reaction! Was he easy to sell and how much did you get for him?

Luiz was only player to moan after selling him him to a stoke for £13.5m. Told him I wanted to play Christensen more and he was like yeah fair enough. I’m happy with that !! 

Only Willian ran his mouth off before I sold Cahill. Looking to get rid of him too! 

Decided to set up new potential career including buying Belotti (can currently get him for circa £23.5m current year budget cost : £!5m upfront, £30m over 3 installments, 20% future profit) just in case transfers/values etc tweaked adversely in full release. Best to have a fall back start point! Clicked on Dynamics Hierarchy screen and o 1st day Willian and Moses oppose me (need to keep an eye on those two!)  with 4 players (Bakayoko, Caballero, Kyilan Hazard and Zappacosta) supporting me. Seems recent real life signings automatically support Conte going!

Noted significant PA in certain players when initially setting up game. Hudson-Odoi anywhere between 3.5 and 4.5, Tammy 4-5, Musonda 3.5-4.5, Redan 3.5-5 etc.....Dave normally solid 4 star PA but sometimes only 3.5...

22 minutes ago, bucket said:

What I have noticed is that the squad is quite bear. A few injuries and you really are scratching for a decent team! Now I know how Antonio must feel each week!

Can't help but feel that it is largely self inflicted re players sent on loan rather than being kept for rotation (Zouma, Loftus Cheek spring to mind) and selling Matic, Chalobah......Knock on effect is that we pick up the pieces in FM18!! Rahman will probably be getting some game time in my save.

30 minutes ago, bucket said:

What I have noticed is that the squad is quite bear. A few injuries and you really are scratching for a decent team! Now I know how Antonio must feel each week!

Yep, I noticed the same. The good news is that my squad is heading into the season really fit!

Edit: Was able to get Jose Gaya at 16.5m! Not bad for a quality LB with room to grow.

Sign Savic from Lazio. Just quality, managed to get him for £30m. Also signed Tierney. Will give a little update this evening. Starting to get into this one now. FINALLY! Not sure if I’ll start a proper fresh one once the full game comes out though. You?

18 minutes ago, bucket said:

Sign Savic from Lazio. Just quality, managed to get him for £30m. Also signed Tierney. Will give a little update this evening. Starting to get into this one now. FINALLY! Not sure if I’ll start a proper fresh one once the full game comes out though. You?

Glad to hear you are finally starting to "get into" FM18. Looking forward to your update, particularly tactics......I havn't progressed intital Beta save that only reached 2 games into season 1. Currently spending a little time on FM Touch tinkering with tactics.....Still not sure what to go with in main save when I start it.

I’m thinking 4-2-3-1. I’ve always been a manager to play 2 up top, but wanted a change this year and going to go with the 1. I don’t feel defensively confident on playing 3-5-2. As that exposes the wings quite a bit. Maybe I’ll use that as a back up tactic and play it against lower opposition! 

I have often used 4-2-3-1 but am keen to deploy 2 up top for a change (opposite to you). Currently tinkering on FM touch with 433 Asymetric with Hazard in AML cutting in.......Seems a possible with Hazard excellent and Belotti banging in goals. Finished 4th in Premier league, top scorers with 79 goals, conceding 38. Finished 4th on 74 points. Hazard top ave rating in league (7.58), Kante 2nd, Dave 4th and Belotti 7th. Belotti 2nd highest goalscorer with 28 (Hazard got 15 and Morata 13). Hazard most assists in league with 16, Belotti 2nd with 14.

Think this tactic will be one to try in full game career save although I often seem to find beta somewhat more forgiving than full game.

Let us know how you get on with 4-2-3-1

I was thinking about creating a Chelsea FM18 thread, but not doing any of the squad, transfer, or tactical analysis, but just as a place to have FM18-related discussions. What do you guys think, create a new one, or continue using this one?

3 hours ago, PitchPosh said:

I was thinking about creating a Chelsea FM18 thread, but not doing any of the squad, transfer, or tactical analysis, but just as a place to have FM18-related discussions. What do you guys think, create a new one, or continue using this one?

Sounds good. New one with FM18 in title preferred.

• 2 months later...

Archived