An english lower league team called Stamford. Has anyone ever had a save with them before?

Hello folks,

An idea that looks like like im going to be doing for the imminent release of fm17 is a save with Stamford who i think play in the evo stick lower leagues in England.

Has anyone ever had a save with them in FM16 or previous? How did it go? Reccomended or not?

Cheers guys.

30 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

FM blogger StatApp did a YouTube series called The Stamford Struggle a few years ago. Worth a watch! 

I thought that was with Chelsea,having just checked that i never knew that he actually did do a Stamford save - looks a good save he had going..

5 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

FM blogger StatApp cheated on a YouTube series called The Stamford Struggle a few years ago, lied about it, and was subsequently caught out.  Worth a watch purely for the fallout and his hideous attempt at a retraction 

Fixed that for you BuryBlade!! 

5 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

FM blogger StatApp did a YouTube series called The Stamford Struggle a few years ago. Worth a watch! 

It isn't. He edited players to make them better, hence their huge rise up to the top.

14 minutes ago, MichaelBrown said:

Where was he caught out? Trying to find it so I can see him trying to explain it away.

It was all about the #narrative. :rolleyes:

Can't remember when exactly, but I do remember it happening, it was hilarious. Other YT big hitters, Dr Benjy and WorkTheSpace had a field day with it. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Can't remember when exactly, but I do remember it happening, it was hilarious. Other YT big hitters, Dr Benjy and WorkTheSpace had a field day with it. 

Is there a video where he explains it though?

Yeah, cheating in FM is the worst... but if real life managers could cheat and upgrade their players to be world class that'd be great! Newcastle with Gayle on par with Aguero, Sunderland with Defoe on par with my local team's second choice striker etc

I really dont see the point in cheating with using the editor and stuff if you are going to make a series/story about it,what ever you want to call it..Just makes you up to be a complete clown when you are found out really doesnt it?

I wont be using any sort of editors,only thing i will be using is the L23 db FOR FM17 or whatever its called not quite sure...

Also im in the hope that someone somewhere can enlighten us all with this video where he has to explain himself - i would love to see it personally...

Cheers lads ;)

40 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Stamford's a brilliant wee place, apparently has more pubs per head of population than anywhere else in England (perhaps even UK, not sure). That's what attracted me to visit there. :D

Green Dragon is a fab wee pub if u are ever there = reccomended!!!

On 10/16/2016 at 16:11, MichaelBrown said:

Is there a video where he explains it though?

I saw it a while ago.  I think, if memory serves right, the gist of it was that he was editing his players stats in the editor, to make them overly good in order he'd win the leagues he was in.  He was making a part time striker for Stamford, ridiculously lethal in front of goal etc, made his GK superhuman.  Just ridiculous and silly things which spoil the entire thing

On 10/16/2016 at 16:11, Dagenham_Dave said:

I was in a stream once of another YT'er and there were a fair few in there claiming he cheated too.  Saves before big matches and reloads if he loses.  That kinda thing, but then plays it off as he won it first attempt.   He is probably the only Yt'er however that I can watch and enjoy.

On 10/16/2016 at 22:33, steff91 said:

Also im in the hope that someone somewhere can enlighten us all with this video where he has to explain himself - i would love to see it personally...

Cheers lads ;)

I wasn't familiar with this YouTube channel until it was mentioned in this thread, but I did find these out of curiosity.

If he's doing all this editing as some sort of experiment and is up front about it then fair enough, but it seems that wasn't the case so I don't get the point.  Part of the fun of reading/watching people's FM stories is the struggle.

1 minute ago, Sir_Liam said:

I wasn't familiar with this YouTube channel until it was mentioned in this thread, but I did find these out of curiosity.

If he's doing all this editing as some sort of experiment and is up front about it then fair enough, but it seems that wasn't the case so I don't get the point.  Part of the fun of reading/watching people's FM stories is the struggle.

I've a feeling he does it on almost every save he does, but is more open about it now.  

just pointless to be honest hes faffed about with the editor,just as bad as cheating i think.i dint listen to the whole video his voice was irritating...

I for one certainly wont be using any stupid editors,thas for sure!!

I hate his accent, it's honesty the most annoying thing I've ever heard. 

Using the editor and not telling people is cheating and a fraud tbh. If he edited and then told people, each to their own. But he doesn't, he tried to lie. 

I'd much rather read/watch an honest attempt (there's a guy who hasn't won the CL in 60 years in the careers section) to this *****.

• KUBI locked this topic

Archived