If at first you don't succeed, blame the game and try again - A San Marino Youth Challenge 2.0

Bedese

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see you get into the CL groups, just once. A huge task I know - I got to the Europa Cup group stages with Portadown (after losing 5-0 on aggregate to Celtic, but previously beating Marabor and FC Aktobe) and I had Alex Bruce at centre half and Adam McGurk/Martin Paterson up front :D

If you did though, you'd be absolutely loaded.

Youth Intake Day!

f4613ef27c1da37ccd003fd55ebd62f0.png

1201052d0c64e843620f7ca55077af0c.png

This is the first 4* player we've had in a long, long time. He's only got 5 dribbling and crossing, and has a bad personality, but I'm very, very excited.

f38fc1c646daabe68d9b533a2d7cb4a4.png

We have a CB! He's small and unambitious, but he's a CB!

eac704db8ea43f0507205dbf9d40e532.png He could be a decent winger.

3891c8ca8724d1ebb4f038d8c59ed5e6.png

Hopefully he can develop into a good depth CM. Very, very happy with this intake.

1d84bde204646ffe36b6595296e98293.png

Right, I'm convinced that the HOYDs personality has a tiny effect, and the preferred formation absolutely none at all. We'll need to compare the results when we get a new HOYD, of course, but there just doesn't seem to be any correlation.

1 hour ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Finally a half decent CB!

How did that Myanma guy end up doing at the cub. I might have missed something, but I don't remember :p

He became a starter at us for about 8 years because we just didn't have anyone else, was absolutely rubbish and got released a few years ago, retiring at 30 after no-one else wanted him. Poor guy. All he ever wanted was to fit in.

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

A strange season, but we got the win regardless.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Marco Pietropaolo (YP114) - 7.50

I played my reserves all season, and none of them did particularly well.

Top Goalscorer:

Henry Crittenden - 21

He's come a lot further than I thought he would. He's possibly my replacement for Davide Berti (YP99).

Manager's Player of the Year:

Dario Guidone (YP106)

One of the few starters to actually play games this year.

Aims for Next Season:

I want the groups.

Other teams:

League winners: :D

Cup winners: La Florita.

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Maccabi Tel-Aviv in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to AC Milan in the Playoff. Folgore lost 6-0 to Aktobe from Kazakhstan, Murata lost 7-1 to Cherno more and Fiorentino lost 4-1 to Omonoia.

San Marino National Team:

2076 Results --------------- 2077 Results

The 45th ranked nation being in the bottom division is ridiculous. Sort yourselves out, Ireland.

There must be such a small difference between the league rep for #100-300 given how San Marino keeps bouncing around. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something buggy with your save -- you're doing as well as Jeunesse Esch in the CL in my Luxembourg save and that's enough to maintain our ranking around 80 depending on whether I win an EL tie or two.

21 minutes ago, Ceching You Out said:

There must be such a small difference between the league rep for #100-300 given how San Marino keeps bouncing around. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something buggy with your save -- you're doing as well as Jeunesse Esch in the CL in my Luxembourg save and that's enough to maintain our ranking around 80 depending on whether I win an EL tie or two.

It's really strange - my last save was bugged, but the TV money early on suggested that this one was fixed. I wonder if this has somehow become bugged midsave...

0bb84aa1c66b69a35fd80ed547790fc9.png

Marino Ceccoli (YP101) is f***ing finished. That's two years in a row his stupid f***ing red card has knocked us out. Oh, and then his replacement got sent off. F***ing fantastic. I'm going to torch the clubhouse.

a3d2b4d268aa2653c72f6f95f2b570ce.png

Too f***ing right you're not wanted. Get the f*** out.

48 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

It's really strange - my last save was bugged, but the TV money early on suggested that this one was fixed. I wonder if this has somehow become bugged midsave...

Yeah very odd. Such a drastic difference between your save and @smp20's. You've done well enough to have raised your league rep, in my opinion.

f386b6631170c7ca4e2b0ecbda75bb8c.png

We've done our best to stop ourselves qualifying over the last two years, but FM gave us such a good draw this time that even our best efforts (seriously, being 4-0 up and then letting them get it back to 4-3?) weren't enough. We're back to the groups!

11 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

It's still a fantastic read! :D

The league rep has to be broken, you go up 100+ one season and down 100+ the next then up 100+ again, I can't see any reason for it.

Youth Intake Day!

66030a164abefd8c130a2ff9bf33926b.png

393dcfc0d59b2d7cd9265b8b6c4690d5.png

I like him. I like him a lot. I think we've found our future CAM.

This is the first year that I'm going to be signing everyone. We'll see if the assistant's initial judgement was a long way off on anyone. Here's hoping.

531ff61e06133ee289c8c01eed2ba94d.png

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

That's the closest we've come to losing the title in a while.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Davide Berti (YP99) - 7.67

He should have one or two more years left in him.

Top Goalscorer:

Davide Berti (YP99) - 26

At least, I hope so, because I don't really have a replacement for him.

Paolo Raschi (YP115)

The perfect example of where PPMs are useful. He's not great technically, but 'play with back to goal' and 'shoot with power' allow him to make the most of his talents (in that he's absolutely massive).

Aims for Next Season:

Back to back groups? Probably not, but you never know.

Other teams:

Cup winners: Cailungo.

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Maccabi Tel-Aviv in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We got 0 points in the groups. Fiorentino lost 4-2 to Daguva from Latvia, La Florita lost 5-0 to Dinamo Minsk and Domagnano lost 4-1 to Rudar.

2077 Results --------------- 2078 Results

Hmm.

2435723ee8ff39317519527b045867f9.png

One of our best players, Roarie Sonupe (YP100) is leaving on a free, wanting a move to the Championship where he's had offers from for the last few years. It'll be interesting to see if he gets his wish. 

b273d377944515d820061b69adfe6a70.png

He leaves us having played 297 league games, scored 13 goals, got 40 assists, 12 MOTMs and an average rating of 7.40. His departure means a slight change of tactic...

c3e2c039dcf8c0c4ac518a9a2c65ba8c.png

Here's that tactic. It's exactly the same as the old one, except the sides have swapped. Isn't symmetry (or a lack of it) wonderful?

9264fcf8118149217e6ff951c27f8aee.png

2830cdd1d5f24fb26fd718166f4071e1.png

Last time we played them, we beat them 3-0 but lost 4-0 away. I think this one will be less irritating, although we still aren't winning.

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

Easy.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Paolo Raschi (YP115) - 7.74

He's a pretty good targetman.

Henry Crittenden - 27

These two are probably our strike partnership of the future.

Matteo Muratori (YP119)

I'm very excited about him.

Aims for Next Season:

Groups.

Other teams:

Cup winners: Folgore beat Libertas 4-0 in the final.

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Basel in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to Young Boys in the Playoff. Cosmos lost 6-0 to Trnava, La Florita lost 7-0 to Staebek and Fiorentino lost 7-0 to Mlada Boleslav.

2078 Results --------------- 2079 Results

A win against Cyprus is great, but spoiled by a draw with Luxembourg.

Archived