If at first you don't succeed, blame the game and try again - A San Marino Youth Challenge 2.0

Bedese

5 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Wow. 

Wow wow wow. 

Ercolani isn't good, he's special for any save never mind about San Marino.

Technique, Passing, Teamwork, Vision, Work Rate. He's even got 2 good PPM's.

He's on a different level. :applause:

I wish he hadn't already seemingly reached his PA, because it looked like he could have been the best player at our club yet :( Although, having said that, Matteo Ragini (YP126) is really pushing for that honour:

e84edf26670413c86b0f49d233ff5c9f.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad about last intake, hope it improves next time, you deserve it! The fact you're the only team getting constant progress in Europe is probably what's preventing the league reputation from improving by huge amounts. You need to carry the whole country :lol: You could maybe look back on the seasons where other teams were more successful and see if that had a bigger impact on the ranking for next year. I haven't read everything but are players from your academy ending up domestically at other clubs? Maybe you should give them some help and sell some of your players to them if at all possible.

6 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

What do you mean reached his peak? 

Hasn't he got 1.0 growth and possibly 2.0 growth to come? 

My assistant, scout and coaches all say that his PA is now 3.5* (the same as his CA), and he hasn't developed at all in the last year :( 

3 minutes ago, Njeroe said:

Too bad about last intake, hope it improves next time, you deserve it! The fact you're the only team getting constant progress in Europe is probably what's preventing the league reputation from improving by huge amounts. You need to carry the whole country :lol: You could maybe look back on the seasons where other teams were more successful and see if that had a bigger impact on the ranking for next year. I haven't read everything but are players from your academy ending up domestically at other clubs? Maybe you should give them some help and sell some of your players to them if at all possible.

A lot of our weaker players do end up at other teams, but they never really do fantastically there. I've been thinking about selling them our players, but they never seem to be interested :( I'm going to try and loan out some of our rotational players to the teams in the Europa Qualifiers - hopefully they'll take them and they'll help them get through the First Round a bit more frequently.

Just now, Jupjamie said:

A lot of our weaker players do end up at other teams, but they never really do fantastically there. I've been thinking about selling them our players, but they never seem to be interested :( I'm going to try and loan out some of our rotational players to the teams in the Europa Qualifiers - hopefully they'll take them and they'll help them get through the First Round a bit more frequently.

You could go as far as giving them free players, but if they insist on not wanting them there is nothing you can do. Loaning would be perfect if you have some nice youth prospects or backup player which aren't used often. Also how do the other clubs spend their European money? Are they improving their facilities at all? 

22 minutes ago, Njeroe said:

You could go as far as giving them free players, but if they insist on not wanting them there is nothing you can do. Loaning would be perfect if you have some nice youth prospects or backup player which aren't used often. Also how do the other clubs spend their European money? Are they improving their facilities at all? 

They won't even take my loan players :(

Juvenes Dogana have the best facilities - they've got below average training and youth, with adequate junior coaching and fairly basic youth recruitment. I'm actually a bit jealous :D 

Everyone else is pretty much where they were at the start - in fact, Pennarossa have no youth facilities, Faetano have no junior coaching, youth recruitment or youth facilities (do they even get an intake? Remind me to check that...) and Domagnano have no youth recruitment. 

The problem is, the TV money in the league is basically non-existent now - and the other teams aren't getting guaranteed European money every year, so most of them are in a terrible state financially. 

Youth Intake Day!

f09f75e9d1ed067d6487d1318a51ebb8.png

2aab375ceb2c50313470bed201c568a4.png

A jack of all trades, he's going to come in very useful. We don't need wingers, but I could use him as a DM (our only actual DM is getting old) or as a box to box midfielder. I'll probably go with DM, but his versatility is very handy indeed.

348a2059119edaff679c1f05e4315a98.png

There's that RB we needed - I'll need to train him more as a RWB, but he looks good. Good pace, and his mentals are absolutely fantastic!

a057d34a15e8510824e5419c792a305d.png
87cbcb7669f03535db63d32fa55b29e0.png

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

Easy! Easy!

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Matteo Ercolini (YP125) - 7.67

He might not develop any more, but he's plenty good now.

Paolo Raschi (YP115) - 23

He's doing very nicely.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Matteo Muratori (YP119)

Our left hand side is really, really good.

Aims for Next Season:

Groups.

Other teams:

League winners: :D

Cup winners: Juvenes Dogana.

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Anderlecht in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to Fenerbache in the Playoff. Libertas lost 7- 0 to Hearts, Cailungo lost 4-1 to Cukaricki and Fiorentino lost 6-0 to Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

San Marino National Team:

2082 Results --------------- 2083 Results

Drawing with Andorra is horrendous.

54 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

I'm confident we can get past it, we just need to win all our games and then it'll be fine, right? :D 

If somehow you end up in the group stage of the CL it should improve my guess would be. Best would be EL/CL groups for 2-3 years back to back if it then doesn't improve something is wrong. Also your finances are getting a bit low so hope for the best :)

9 minutes ago, Njeroe said:

If somehow you end up in the group stage of the CL it should improve my guess would be. Best would be EL/CL groups for 2-3 years back to back if it then doesn't improve something is wrong. Also your finances are getting a bit low so hope for the best :)

Completely agreed, although we're a long way off the CL groups. The next step is to make the Europa Groups enough times in a 5 year span that we become seeded in the Third Qualifying Round, which would make us pretty much certain to be in the Europa Groups most years. After that, we could start using all our newfound wealth to give the other San Marino teams a boatload of money, and hope that they start to improve :D We're a long way away from that, but that's my plan.

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

We might finally have a bit of a challenge in the league. Juvenes Dogana were absolutely fantastic during the season - we did beat them 3-0 and 4-0, but I'm really hoping that they can kick on and establish themselves as a force to be reckoned with. They're the team with the best facilities in the country, and their squad isn't all that bad - it's not great, but they've got one or two players who'd probably make our bench. Also, they've been doing rather well in Europe :D 

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Yay.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Paolo Raschi (YP115) - 7.70

King Kong Bundy.

Luca Canton (YP130) - 27

He's coming along very nicely.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Matteo Ragini (YP126)

The best player we've ever had, he's likely leaving in two years to go somewhere better.

Aims for Next Season:

Groups.

Other teams:

League winners: :D

Cup winners: :D 

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Partizan in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to Malmo in the Playoff. Folgore lost 5-0 to OB from Denmark and La Florita lost 6-0 to Valur from Iceland but Juvenes Dogana helped us out, beating HB from the Faroe Islands 5-3 before losing 5-0 to Zilina in the Second Round.

2084 Results --------------- 2085 Results

Two good draws.

Just caught up on the last few years:

1-This is the only save I've seen that has gone on longer than my  own!

2-It sucks when an outstanding player hits his ceiling too soon, as is the case with Ercolani.

3-Good luck in the second leg!

4-My comments above were before the loss to Maccabi, before getting Everton, and before the injury.  Ouch...

5 minutes ago, abulezz said:

Just caught up on the last few years:

1-This is the only save I've seen that has gone on longer than my  own!

2-It sucks when an outstanding player hits his ceiling too soon, as is the case with Ercolani.

3-Good luck in the second leg!

4-My comments above were before the loss to Maccabi, before getting Everton, and before the injury.  Ouch...

Thanks, Abulezz! I've been a bit of a lurker on your thread without commenting, but it's fantastic. The more youth challenges the better! 

Archived