FM16: Arsenal FC - Why Fly When You Can Walk on Water

FMFanatic2016

Hello all, was just wondering how long you guys have kept Cech in goal? I'm half way through the 2nd season and he still performs well but his physicals are decreasing quite rapidly.. he is still very solid and IRL I love him (which always makes a difference for me, silly maybe)

I have Timo Horn as my main backup.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just starting my tenth season, and thought some people might be interested to see what has happened to the starting Arsenal squad. For reference, this is a save started from Beta, so some players may not develop the same with the release database, or winter update.

First up - Keepers:

20160325210701_1_zps87g6mj3i.jpg

Despite winning the league and Champions League in his four seasons, the Czech keeper is not even considered a favoured player at Arsenal. :( Spent two pointless years on the bench at Old Trafford instead of retiring.

(To answer WillyBroadband above, he only really declined worryingly right at the end of his four year spell for me)

20160325210823_1_zpsaywbv5o3.jpg

After a couple of seasons as backup and Cup keeper, Ospina moved on to some mid table mediocrity with Everton, before some fighting relegation mediocrity with Hudderfield.

20160325211043_1_zpsrqxvdji8.jpg

After some loans and no gametime, Argentine third choice keeper Martinez moved back home. Some solid displays saw Liverpool bring him back to sit on the bench, before a move to Southamption gave him the chance to be a Premiership number one. Two good seasons, including a Golden Glove campaign, saw Saints reward him with a spot back on the bench after buying Dragowski from me for £17.5m.

Woj only had one year left on his contract on beta saves, and I don't renew contracts just to get a transfer fee. He moved to Hertha and has been their number 1 ever since.

Central defenders:

20160325210714_1_zpshibtks8v.jpg

The BFG retired with me, as club captain. Was first choice first two seasons, then used as backup after Romagnoli came in season 3.

20160325210731_1_zpsymls6hmq.jpg

First choice mostly until retirement, also retired with me.

20160325210750_1_zpsly8v5khb.jpg

Gabriel was a capable backup for two seasons, but i used him as bait to lure Romagnoli from Milan. Entering his eighth season there and has racked up 37 Brazil caps since moving to Italy.

20160326154855_1_zpsj0w1zmmt.jpg

20160325213242_1_zpsfb0g5c77.jpg

I'm sure a lot of people use Chambers as a full back, but I decided early on he would be primarily a centre back, probably 90%+ of his appearances have been in the centre. He has picked up 69 England caps, has been first choice right back for a few years now.

Full backs:

20160325213816_1_zpseglqj889.jpg

Surprise to no-one I'm sure, but Bellerin is always my highest rated player.

20160325213846_1_zps6l3rqsm2.jpg

Despite really wanting him to do well, I moved Jenks on for a decent fee.

20160325213937_1_zpszsjzb5zg.jpg

Debuchy's greatest Arsenal achievement was being the makeweight in the deal which brought Paul Pogba to the Emirates. "£65 million and you'll take Debuchy off my hands? Grazie."

20160325213956_1_zpscufyuvl9.jpg

Nacho had three solid years, but declined so Digne came in to replace him.

20160325214013_1_zpsvmh1rhi9.jpg

Gibbo was a capable backup without moaning about game time for a number of years. Was replaced with a regen quite similar to him.

CM strata:

20160325215209_1_zpsoqeiwh58.jpg

Rambo was never able to compete with Pogba, and I moved him on to Liverpool hoping he'd pick up a few medals. Unfortunately the biggest event was Pep getting them relegated, after which he moved to Southampton.

20160325215324_1_zps5lg9xzir.jpg

Le Coq played a lot as first choice holding midfielder, competing with Bazoer for the position. Abdou Lahat Diakhate came and made the position his own. A £12.5m bid from Juve for a holding midfielder about to turn 32 was one I couldn't turn down.

20160325215354_1_zpsuwffypsl.jpg

Flim Flam spent my first season as back up to le Coq, before moving on. Currently an assistant manager no one wants. I would have thought shouting and pointing a lot would be useful skills for an ass man, I'll maybe look him up once Bould retires.

20160325215458_1_zpskmod6bnr.jpg

Arteta came off the bench a lot in my first season, to help hold a lead. Currently a pretty decent coach, and I'll probably try to nick him off Swansea soon.

20160325221018_1_zpshm7jrjwy.jpg

20160325221024_1_zpshjyjrkrq.jpg

I never really knew what to do with Wilshere, and moved him on after a couple of seasons.

AM strata:

20160325220818_1_zpstkzchks1.jpg

Alexis didn't really decline until his last season, where I was able to give him enough games to get his title medal. Retired right after, but only an icon...

20160325220922_1_zps9fti749j.jpg

The little Mozart had a few nice cameos in his one season with me, before retiring to help coach the under 21s. Developing his coaching skills nicely and may get a promotion soon.

20160325220801_1_zpsrfrm6w9d.jpg

20160325220806_1_zpsivk8mjip.jpg

I probably haven't developed the Jeff as well as I could, but he is a capable back up right winger who also fills in when needed on the left.

20160325220631_1_zpsypnr6jb6.jpg

Just too many injuries, sold him to Liverpool after picking up a Portuguese right winger who is basically Ronaldo mk2.

20160325220728_1_zpscw6rrcgm.jpg

Probably my one regret in the save is how Ozil left. He did a lot of complaining over sharing playing time with Lincoln, finally threatened to leave at the end of his contract, so I said go ahead, and bought Odegaard. He apologised and wanted to stay, but I dug my heels in and let him go. Odegaard lasted two seasons before I realised he'd never replace Ozil.

20160325220651_1_zpsfpwh7jtr.jpg

Joel had a cracking first season, winning the PFA player of the year, and was a capable backup after, but that bid from Bournemouth just had to be taken.

Forwards:

20160325223137_1_zpsfcwmfieb.jpg

Giroud was immense for me as lone striker, scoring more headers than I've had any player since I had Andy Carroll on loan at Gateshead. Holds the record for goals in a single Premier League campaign with 36. Morata took his place so I let him go to Liverpool rather than sit on the bench. I've been tempted to bring him in as DoF more than once, but those attributes don't fill me with confidence...

20160325223230_1_zpsljinxtwt.jpg

Welbz will forever have a place in my heart after his two late goals in Turin turned an embarrassing 3-0 "we're out" defeat into a plucky 3-2 "2 away goals!" defeat en route to our first Champions League triumph. Has been one international cap away from triggering a £4.4m clause for five years now, a few call ups have been ruined by injury.

20160325223204_1_zpsfxzxocde.jpg

Not a fan of Feo, but his pace proved useful on a few occasions.

Assorted youngsters:

20160325224155_1_zpsa9isecgu.jpg

20160325224159_1_zpseiopmjel.jpg

Selling Vlad was tough, but I always want to see my youth player do well elsewhere. I have an amazing Mexican regen and Pogba had a few years left, so I had to choose.

20160325224251_1_zpshkibrwyq.jpg

20160325224255_1_zps6a2nahmi.jpg

Did well on loan, and on the few opportunities I gave him, but just didn't fancy him.

20160325224314_1_zpspjbbeyf2.jpg

20160325224317_1_zps6viyud4d.jpg

Did something to annoy me, so let him go. Didn't regret it.

20160325224234_1_zps5mkh57oh.jpg

20160325224238_1_zpsaq5wcm7s.jpg

The one who got away and probably didn't get a fair shot.

20160325225410_1_zpsd0udpj7w.jpg

20160325225414_1_zpsxsyxav1r.jpg

20160325225351_1_zpsy5f5t7pu.jpg

20160325225355_1_zpscvzjlvqx.jpg

A bit lightweight for my liking.

20160325225329_1_zpsrpnuptdm.jpg

20160325225334_1_zpsbvxqt8jx.jpg

Could never decide if he was a CM or AM.

20160325225244_1_zpssldnjbu8.jpg

20160325225249_1_zpssrsszbab.jpg

Did well for me when he played, but I thought he'd developed better elsewhere. Not done as well as I expected.

Let me know if there is anyone I missed or you would like to see.

Phew, happy some people wanted to see those, thought I'd taken up half a thread page for no good reason...

My best current Academy prospects (Top youth facilities, exceptional junior coaching, extensive youth recruitment):

20160328175626_1_zps3mlzrv1n.jpg

20160328175620_1_zpssqrouio6.jpg

20160328175605_1_zpskwwfkf5h.jpg

20160328175504_1_zpshyxwkl6p.jpg

20160328175343_1_zpsbv24owuu.jpg

20160328175552_1_zpsvmqvtcfg.jpg

20160328175354_1_zpsslmirlkc.jpg

20160328175611_1_zpswn0glfps.jpg

Josh Reynolds is probably the regen from my academy who has played the most first team football for me, mainly an AM, is is also comfortably as a right winger and left inside forward, and competent in a non-defensive MC slot, so I always have him on the bench.

Elliot Holmes kind of sneaked up on me, I had a few decent DC prospects and he always seemed least likely to make it. A couple of season long loans saw him flourish and he got four full England caps before his Arsenal debut!

Barry Turner is a bit of a frustration, came in only able to play MR/ML and retraining to the AM positions only got so far due to a bug acknowledged by SI. It has supposedly been fixed, but in the two seasons I've played with the latest patch his positional rating for AMR, training and playing there, has not moved.

The others are all two gold and one black star rated, I'm particularly hopeful for Kane as I haven't had any defensive midfielders worth keeping come through. As I'm Northern Irish I'm excited by Jim Kelly, and he might get a bit more game time because of it.

Best of the regens I've picked up from elsewhere:

20160328181502_1_zpsgcweqlgl.jpg

Ronaldo mk2, or so I thought. Bought him at 22 (not sure how I missed him before that), but he hasn't really developed. Pretty much a first teamer right from coming in, but the Jeff has taken his place recently. Cost £41m.

20160328181455_1_zps0df1n5ke.jpg

Danny Karbassiyoon spotted this guy right after the youth intake, but his club were very reluctant to sell. He demanded a move at 18, already a full international, so I stepped in and got him for £13.25m. Pogba will be 32 this season, so I'm considering moving him on and promoting Fassi to first choice B2B. He has complained about playing time a few times, but I've always managed to appease him.

20160328181517_1_zps7gnrgmg9.jpg

Another Karbassiyoon early spot, and I thought I'd made a mistake selling Martial in favour of this guy when he scored 1 goal in his first half season, averaging 6.67. First half of second season was slightly better, but 2023 was a rather special year when he hit 49 goals and came runner up in the Balon d'Or. Dipped a little, but I still have Morata who came back in. Cost an initial £6m, but he's almost certain to hit his clauses which will bring it up to £10.5m, still a bargain.

Did a quick tally, and I've brought in £42.5m from selling regens over the game, I've sold three for over £10m.

anyone else having issues with consistency? I have just finished the 3rd season finished 2nd/4th/4th (very realistic i know). Got to the final of the champions league this season but got stuffed by bayern in the final. Seem to get results in patches and lose to mid table teams far too often. Have loads of shots but never seem to get a clear cut chance. My team last year was:

Cech

Bellerin Stones Ramognolli Jorge

Ramsey Kondogbia Pogba

Ozil

Kane Icardi

I also had Sanchez/Embolo/can/Martial/Fabinho/Ox on the bench as well as integrating some youngsters. I did dabble with the same kind of formation but with kondogbia holding and two wide men either side of Kane but that never seemed to work as my most influential wide man was Bellerin and a winger just got in his way. I played with a controlled mentality and a high tempo direct game as nothing else seemed to work and its quite a big physical team so thought it would work. Had some great results including a 9-1 win in Greece against Olympiakos which was nice as they knocked me out the year before but i also lost away to Norwich, Hull and Palace (who got relegated). Few games at home i drew when i had over 30 shots as well which was frustrating. I have very few individual instructions as don't want to over complicate things so i was wondering if people have had some success with a change in coaching staff or if persisting with the arsenal way of passing it around quickly eventually works? Done some business in the summer which will hopefully help:

Out- Ramsey (didn't want to but got offered £95 mill by Man u and he wanted to go)

Icardi

Martial

Sanchez (keeps getting injured)

In: James Rodriguez

Barkley

Tevez

Andre Cubas (best young midfielder on my game, Want him and Pogba to dominate)

So thinking with my options at no 10 maybe having 3 interchangeable 10s at once to create for Kane or Tevez but i keep having what i think are good ideas and they fail miserably. Any suggestions are welcome i'm fed of of Utd (who now have a front 4 of Neymar, lewandowski, Barbosa, ZIVKOVIC) walking it each year.

Very strong side you've got there, I wonder if perhaps your issue is too much tinkering? Sounds like you've been chopping and changing quite a bit, rather than getting a settled style of play.

I have the opposite problem to you, AI teams never seem to get a consistent run of form, in my 9 completed seasons AI teams have passed the 80 point mark in two of them. Man Utd got 92 points once, and I just pipped them on goal difference, but I'm usually 15+ points clear.

In terms of staff, I kept everyone, but didn't renew a few contracts over the early years. The HOYD and u18 manager are both pretty underwhelming, but that shouldn't really affect your first team performance. So long as you have each training category on (at least) four stars and the coaches aren't overworked, you should be fine. I used team cohesion a lot for general training early on and if I've brought in a lot of new players, and use match tactics heavily for match preparation if tactic familiarity isn't maxed. Usually though my general training is ball control and match prep attacking movement.

Very strong side you've got there, I wonder if perhaps your issue is too much tinkering? Sounds like you've been chopping and changing quite a bit, rather than getting a settled style of play.

I have the opposite problem to you, AI teams never seem to get a consistent run of form, in my 9 completed seasons AI teams have passed the 80 point mark in two of them. Man Utd got 92 points once, and I just pipped them on goal difference, but I'm usually 15+ points clear.

In terms of staff, I kept everyone, but didn't renew a few contracts over the early years. The HOYD and u18 manager are both pretty underwhelming, but that shouldn't really affect your first team performance. So long as you have each training category on (at least) four stars and the coaches aren't overworked, you should be fine.

Hi John, Thank you for the reply. I was thinking maybe it was because i was tinkering with it too much every time i hit a slump but its the first time i've taken over a team that is already decent. Usually i take non league teams as far as i can or manage in south america so its a different ball game. Seem to panic when i drop points and try to change everything to find a solution. I think now i have a very talented and technically gifted front 6 i will stick to a possession based game and just try and dominate teams and if it doesn't work just stick with it so the players get used to it instead of changing out of panic.

Quite proud of the team so if they stick to a certain way of playing and gel nicely should be ok.

only two of them with over 80 points! united have broken 90 in the last two seasons on mine and city haven't been far behind. Its hard to keep up with them. Especially when lewandowski got 49 goals in all comps last season

Just hit halfway in my second season, and consistency has been an issue for me as well. 6 draws and 3 defeats in 19 games isn't exactly what I was looking for. I can understand dropping points to Man Utd (Lost 2-0), Man City, Spurs and Liverpool (all draws), but its galling to draw with sides like Derby and Norwich, let alone losing to Swansea and QPR. The QPR game was ridiculous. 3-0 up at half time, Koscielny got sent off in the 50th minute, and ten minutes later its all square, before they grab a last minute winner.

We're through to the semis of the Capital One Cup, where we've just won the away leg 4-0 at West Ham, and the 4th round of the FA Cup after a win against Leeds. We topped an easy Champions League group (CSKA Moscow, Olympiakos and Celtic), and a last 16 tie against FC Red Bull Salzburg awaits.

Performance-wise, Alexis, Barbosa, Walcott and Dybala all have hit double figures in terms of goals, and Ozil has the same in assists. The defence is still an issue, but I think part of that has been down to an inability to play a settled defence due to injuries and suspensions. I think the summer will see me finally bring in a top centre back.

I've turned down a bid from Dortmund of £40m for Luan, and £20m from Bayern for Gabriel. I'll happily let Gabriel go, but I want at least £25m for him.

Performance-wise, Alexis, Barbosa, Walcott and Dybala all have hit double figures in terms of goals, and Ozil has the same in assists. The defence is still an issue, but I think part of that has been down to an inability to play a settled defence due to injuries and suspensions. I think the summer will see me finally bring in a top centre back.

At least your boys score. When i had Dybala he got 9 goals and 12 in two seasons so flogged him. Top scorer has consistently been Icardi but he is very one dimentional and still he only got 13 in the league last season got most his goals in Europe and Fa cup (19 combined in the two) so he's gone as well. I had at least 20 games last season when i had over 30 shots (at least 15 on target) and only scored 1 its very frustrating.

One thing i do have though is the best defence in the league due to all 4 defenders and keeper being world class.

Having an excellent first season on my save. I have won the league with 2 games to go, currently 12 points clear of 2nd place, title wrapped up at home to Norwich. Got 2 dead rubbers against Man City (away) & Aston Villa (home). I beat PSG 1-0 in my Champions League Semi Final first leg at home - about to play 2nd leg. Fingers crossed.

Update: I held PSG to a 0-0 draw in Paris. I am through 1-0 on aggregate, and face Bayern Munich in the final!

johnhughthom - Very nice updates. I've been away from FM for a little while but reading through your player histories has made me want to start up a new game. I've only got one complaint though... Jack at Spurs? Makes me want to cry!!

Season 2 September

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 6

Sanchez 13 64 Bale 29 46 Manga o.g 32 Morata 37

CARDIFF 2

Austin 18 61

Cardiff had made a decent start to life back in the premier league. An opening day draw at old trafford was followed up with a 1-0 win over Aston Villa and then another away draw at West Brom. I however wasn't so kind. I went all out attack and although we conceded twice we could've scored 10. Sanchez with another 3 assists taking him to 7 assists. Bale and Morata also again among the goals.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GS MD1

ARSENAL 0

Gibbs s/o 70

ATLETICO MADRID 1

Griezmann 36

Oh dear. Where do you start? We lost Sanchez, Ozil and Wilshere before the game to minor injuries. We controlled most of the first half but Griezmann gave Atletico a very undeserved lead. Moya their goalkeeper produced at least three world class saves. We hit the post twice. Gibbs was then sent off. The final nail in the coffin was Cech going off injured meaning we played the last 15 minutes with Chambers in goal. A pretty bad day all round

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 3

Bale 20 Barbosa 41 Giroud 79

WEST BROM 0

A confortable game to respond to the Atletico defeat. The baggies didn't turn up. Rulli putting in a solid debut.

LEAGUE CUP 3RD ROUND

ARSENAL 3

Giroud 15 Pereira 33 Debuchy 65

TOTTENHAM 2

Lamela 24 Dembele 45(+2)

Next up was the North London derby. Despite 10 changes we still played well and set up a 4th round date with Brighton.

PREMIER LEAGUE

NORWICH 0

ARSENAL 4

Wilshere 29 Sanchez 33 Barbosa 36 Morata 58

Norwich actually played pretty well.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GS MD2

BMG 0

ARSENAL 4

Toure 37 Sanchez 44 Giroud 74 Chamberlain 82

Back to back 4-0 away wins.

[League Table]

Premier League

1. Arsenal P6 P18

2. Liverpool P6 P14

3. Man CIty P6 P13

4. Tottenham P6 P12

5. Chelsea P6 P11

Champions League

1. A. Madrid P2 P6 GD4

2. Arsenal P2 P3 GD3

3. BMG P2 P3 GD-2

4. RB Salzburg P2 P0 GD-5

[injury Table]

Bale 1 day Pereira 4 days Cech 9 days Wishere 2 weeks Welbeck 5 weeks

[Top performers all comps]

Goals - Bale 7 Morata 6 Sanchez 4

Assists - Sanchez 8 Bale 5 Bellerin 5

Av Rating - Sanchez 8.29 Bale 8.10 Bellerin 8.02

Apps - Bellerin 9 Mertesacker 9 Morata 9

[other news]

League Cup 4th Round draw - ARSENAL vs BRIGHTON

Different month same result Bale, Bellerin and myself scooped the monthly awards. In fact both player lists were made up entirely of Arsenal players. Bellerin in both while Sanchez, Asensio and Barbosa were also involved.

[October fixtures]

Premier League - Liverpool (H) Sunderland (A) Swansea (H) Crystal Palace (A)

Champions League - RB Salzburg (A)

League Cup - Brighton(H)

Blimey dude, how did you manage to get Kane?? I got Lewandowski beginning of third season and I thought that was a coup.

anyone else having issues with consistency? I have just finished the 3rd season finished 2nd/4th/4th (very realistic i know). Got to the final of the champions league this season but got stuffed by bayern in the final. Seem to get results in patches and lose to mid table teams far too often. Have loads of shots but never seem to get a clear cut chance. My team last year was:

Cech

Bellerin Stones Ramognolli Jorge

Ramsey Kondogbia Pogba

Ozil

Kane Icardi

I also had Sanchez/Embolo/can/Martial/Fabinho/Ox on the bench as well as integrating some youngsters. I did dabble with the same kind of formation but with kondogbia holding and two wide men either side of Kane but that never seemed to work as my most influential wide man was Bellerin and a winger just got in his way. I played with a controlled mentality and a high tempo direct game as nothing else seemed to work and its quite a big physical team so thought it would work. Had some great results including a 9-1 win in Greece against Olympiakos which was nice as they knocked me out the year before but i also lost away to Norwich, Hull and Palace (who got relegated). Few games at home i drew when i had over 30 shots as well which was frustrating. I have very few individual instructions as don't want to over complicate things so i was wondering if people have had some success with a change in coaching staff or if persisting with the arsenal way of passing it around quickly eventually works? Done some business in the summer which will hopefully help:

Out- Ramsey (didn't want to but got offered £95 mill by Man u and he wanted to go)

Icardi

Martial

Sanchez (keeps getting injured)

In: James Rodriguez

Barkley

Tevez

Andre Cubas (best young midfielder on my game, Want him and Pogba to dominate)

So thinking with my options at no 10 maybe having 3 interchangeable 10s at once to create for Kane or Tevez but i keep having what i think are good ideas and they fail miserably. Any suggestions are welcome i'm fed of of Utd (who now have a front 4 of Neymar, lewandowski, Barbosa, ZIVKOVIC) walking it each year.

I have the same as you dude. First two seasons I have won the League twice, FA Cup twice, League Cup once, Champions League once and Super Cup once. I also do the same re training.

Since Mourinho and Guardiola have taken over at United and City it has made it a lot more competitive but I just have that extra bit they don't (it seems anyway) Chelsea have hired Rudi Garcia and they're a top 8 team now (hopefully like IRL too, haha)

In terms of staff, I kept everyone, but didn't renew a few contracts over the early years. The HOYD and u18 manager are both pretty underwhelming, but that shouldn't really affect your first team performance. So long as you have each training category on (at least) four stars and the coaches aren't overworked, you should be fine. I used team cohesion a lot for general training early on and if I've brought in a lot of new players, and use match tactics heavily for match preparation if tactic familiarity isn't maxed. Usually though my general training is ball control and match prep attacking movement.

Blimey dude, how did you manage to get Kane?? I got Lewandowski beginning of third season and I thought that was a coup.

He went to City at the end of the first season even though they came 6th and spurs got 3rd was very strange. Then city qualified for the champions league and transfer listed him so picked him up for £25 mill. I really wanted Lewandowski but he chose Utd instead and scored over 50 goals in a season so you got a good deal there! Kane has been awful so far but i'm hoping now hes injury free he will pick up a bit.

I've decided to start with this team:

-----------------------Donnarumma-------------------

----Bellerin------Stone--------Ramognolli------Jorge

-----------------Kondogbia-------Pogba---------------

----------------Ozil-------James-----Ox---------------

----------------------------Kane------------------------

Bench: Cech, Fabinho, Chambers, Cubas, Embolo, Tevez, Can

In short it has gone horribly. Lost 1-2 on agg to Galatasaray in the champs quali after a kane winner got me an away goal in the first leg. After beating Watford 5-0 at home first day i haven't won since and just lost 6-0 away to Utd. System, players, manager really isn't working. Board aren't happy and i'm losing patience with some big money players just turning up and doing nothing. I am at a loss as to what to do next but i'm not a quitter so will carry on trying.

I have the same as you dude. First two seasons I have won the League twice, FA Cup twice, League Cup once, Champions League once and Super Cup once. I also do the same re training.

Since Mourinho and Guardiola have taken over at United and City it has made it a lot more competitive but I just have that extra bit they don't (it seems anyway) Chelsea have hired Rudi Garcia and they're a top 8 team now (hopefully like IRL too, haha)

After nine seasons I have nine Premier League title, seven Champions Leagues, 3 FA Cups, 3 League Cups and 6 World Club Cups, I stopped my seasonal updates because I think its tedious reading about non-stop success. Coming into December of season ten, I am two points behind United, managed by Klopp. I hope they manage to pull away during the World Club Cup and give me some catching up to do and tough decisions to make regarding team selections in the later season. The season I had where they finished level on points with me was by far my most enjoyable, I thought I'd blown it by losing 1-0 at Brentford, but two late Bournemouth goals at Old Trafford the same day put us level on points with two games to go and I saw it out.

Chelsea had a fall in my game too, didn't make the CL first four seasons, but now they are a hard to beat, well organised side under Shota Arveladze (did a great job at Trabzonspor, getting deep into the CL a few times) and competing again, I beat them in the FA Cup and CL finals last season. City have been chopping and changing all game, Liverpool are in the Championship after Guardiola sent them into a spiral. He got sacked before the end of the season, Luis Enrique came from a top of Serie A Roma, who then appointed Pep. So Liverpool got relegated, Roma won the league, Guardiola got the credit, Luis Enrique the blame. Love FM sometimes...

After nine seasons I have nine Premier League title, seven Champions Leagues, 3 FA Cups, 3 League Cups and 6 World Club Cups, I stopped my seasonal updates because I think its tedious reading about non-stop success. Coming into December of season ten, I am two points behind United, managed by Klopp. I hope they manage to pull away during the World Club Cup and give me some catching up to do and tough decisions to make regarding team selections in the later season. The season I had where they finished level on points with me was by far my most enjoyable, I thought I'd blown it by losing 1-0 at Brentford, but two late Bournemouth goals at Old Trafford the same day put us level on points with two games to go and I saw it out.

Chelsea had a fall in my game too, didn't make the CL first four seasons, but now they are a hard to beat, well organised side under Shota Arveladze (did a great job at Trabzonspor, getting deep into the CL a few times) and competing again, I beat them in the FA Cup and CL finals last season. City have been chopping and changing all game, Liverpool are in the Championship after Guardiola sent them into a spiral. He got sacked before the end of the season, Luis Enrique came from a top of Serie A Roma, who then appointed Pep. So Liverpool got relegated, Roma won the league, Guardiola got the credit, Luis Enrique the blame. Love FM sometimes...

Wow, sounds like a cracking save man! Loads of fun. I've never managed beyond 7 seasons.

I was just on transfer deadline day August 2017 - I saw that Chelsea had made an offer for John Stones, so I did too. He agreed to sign for me and then I purposefully delayed the transfer then cancelled just so Chelsea couldn't sign him. Petty definitely but I don't care.

Also, I sold Welbeck to Liverpool for £24M and just signed him back a year later for £8M! Chuffed with that. He is also on less than half the wages he used to be on at Arsenal.

I was just on transfer deadline day August 2017 - I saw that Chelsea had made an offer for John Stones, so I did too. He agreed to sign for me and then I purposefully delayed the transfer then cancelled just so Chelsea couldn't sign him. Petty definitely but I don't care.

Also, I sold Welbeck to Liverpool for £24M and just signed him back a year later for £8M! Chuffed with that. He is also on less than half the wages he used to be on at Arsenal.

haha that is very petty. funny though.

Does anyone have any sob stories? I feel like i'm the only one who can't get arsenal winning :lol:

Having an excellent first season on my save. I have won the league with 2 games to go, currently 12 points clear of 2nd place, title wrapped up at home to Norwich. Got 2 dead rubbers against Man City (away) & Aston Villa (home). I beat PSG 1-0 in my Champions League Semi Final first leg at home - about to play 2nd leg. Fingers crossed.

Update: I held PSG to a 0-0 draw in Paris. I am through 1-0 on aggregate, and face Bayern Munich in the final!

Played your final yet?

So, a 32 year old Alvaro Morata comes to me midway through a season and says he has achieved everything here and wants a new challenge. He's now second choice striker and as the club's record goal scorer (though the game doesn't recognise this with it's league goals only record) I think he's earned the right to go on his own terms. Offer him out slightly below his market value and Atletico (now the biggest team in Spain) come in. He agrees terms and all is set for him to go in January. I think to myself that it's a pity he won't hit 250 goals as he was 15 off it as second choice with only two months before he goes. So he manages 6 before the World Club Cup, sitting on 241 Arsenal goals. Then this happens:

20160401172801_1_zpswy8ve9xs.jpg

:eek:

I've had one double hat-trick in a competitive game in the whole time I've played CM/FM, never mind a flipping triple hat-trick! Also only the second time I've ever scored double figures in a competitive game in any CM/FM, the other was also in this save, a PL game against Sheffield Wednesday.

Also, despite 250 goals, Morata is only a club icon...

Unlucky, it will just make it all the sweeter when you do win it.

Did Robben do that from the MR position? I think the 4-1-4-1 Pep uses in game hamstrings them in an attacking sense.

Yes he did. Starting deeper meant he got the ball in space and was also deadly on the break with space to break into.

So, a 32 year old Alvaro Morata comes to me midway through a season and says he has achieved everything here and wants a new challenge. He's now second choice striker and as the club's record goal scorer (though the game doesn't recognise this with it's league goals only record) I think he's earned the right to go on his own terms. Offer him out slightly below his market value and Atletico (now the biggest team in Spain) come in. He agrees terms and all is set for him to go in January. I think to myself that it's a pity he won't hit 250 goals as he was 15 off it as second choice with only two months before he goes. So he manages 6 before the World Club Cup, sitting on 241 Arsenal goals. Then this happens:

:eek:

I've had one double hat-trick in a competitive game in the whole time I've played CM/FM, never mind a flipping triple hat-trick! Also only the second time I've ever scored double figures in a competitive game in any CM/FM, the other was also in this save, a PL game against Sheffield Wednesday.

Also, despite 250 goals, Morata is only a club icon...

Wow, thats wicked! Morata went to Man City on my save but still got him on my shortlist in case he wants to leave.

Season 2 October

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 4

Morata 7 Sanchez 11 Ramsey 12 Barbosa 86

LIVERPOOL 0

Top of the table clash was over after 12 minutes. Not even Mike Dean could stop us.

PREMIER LEAGUE

SUNDERLAND 2

Borini 20 90(+2)

ARSENAL 2

Morata 6 Sanchez 8

Suckerpunched. 2-0 up after 8 minutes we seemed destined for 8 out of 8. But Borini stabbed home in stoppage time. Bale broke his collarbone with Wales and would miss two months.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GS MD3

RED BULL SALZBURG 0

ARSENAL 4

Ramsey 18 Barbosa 41 Morata 43 Sanchez 68

A good win spoiled by injuries to Ozil and Barbosa. 4 Weeks and 2 Weeks. Atletico also won.

PPREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 5

Sanchez 24 Morata 50 54 60 Cork o.g 67

SWANSEA 0

After a slow start we produced an excellent performance.

LEAGUE CUP 4TH ROUND

ARSENAL 2

Giroud 30 Sule 56

BRIGHTON 0

Never troubled. Debut for Eyoma.

PPREMIER LEAGUE

CRYSTAL PALACE 1

Bolasie 73

ARSENAL 0

We ended the month with a tough defeat. Despite playing well just couldn't score and were punished on the counter. Still a good months work though.

[League Table]

Premier League

1. Arsenal P10 P25

2. Liverpool P10 P23

3. Tottenham P10 P20

4. Man CIty P10 P20

5. Man Utd P10 P19

Champions League

1. A. Madrid P3 P9 GD5

2. Arsenal P3 P6 GD7

3. BMG P3 P3 GD-3

4. RB Salzburg P3 P0 GD-9

[injury Table]

Ozil 10 Days Bale 4 Weeks

[Top performers]

Goals - Morata 12 Sanchez 8 Bale 7

Assists - Bellerin 11 Sanchez 10 Gibbs 6

Av Rating - Sanchez 8.21 Bellerin 8.15 Bale 8.10

Apps - Cazorla 15(4+11) Morata 14 Bellerin 14

[other news]

League Cup Quarter-Final draw - ARSENAL vs EVERTON

Norwich vs Man City, QPR vs Swansea, Leicester vs Sheffield Wednesday

Morata had to settle for Runner up to Firminio Bellerin however made it 3 in a row. Asensio was second. I didn't even make the top 3 for manager of the month. The prize going to Ancelotti at United.

The Under 21's knocked Chelsea out of the cup. In the league they are 8th.

The Under 18's are 4th but have lost all three of their Champions League games.

[November fixtures]

Premier League - Bournemouth (H) Aston Villa (H) Man City (A)

Champions League - Atletico (A) BMG (H)

I am about to start my third season. I won the league in the first season and nearly came close to both FA Cup and Europa League. Second season, I won league again, UCL against Real Madrid, and Carling Cup. Lost FA Cup in semi final penalties.

This is my senior squad:

Goalkeeper Petr Cech

Full Back Héctor Bellerín

Central Defender Laurent Koscielny

Ball Playing Defender John Stones

Full Back Neil Taylor

Advanced Playmaker Jack Wilshere

Ball Winning Midfielder Lars Bender

Inside Forward Marco Reus

Advanced Playmaker Eden Hazard

Inside Forward Alexis Sánchez

Complete Forward Álvaro Morata

BENCH Wojciech Szczesny

BENCH Gabriel Paulista

BENCH Kieran Gibbs

BENCH Aaron Ramsey

BENCH Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

BENCH Mesut Özil

BENCH Gonzalo Higuaín

RESERVE Santi Cazorla

RESERVE Vlad Dragomir

RESERVE Ainsley Maitland-Niles

RESERVE Emanuel Mammana

RESERVE Mathieu Debuchy

RESERVE Jeff Reine-Adelaide

RESERVE Ayoze Pérez

As you can see, I have really spent every penny to get best possible players. Ayoze Perez being the exception. I don't know why I even got him. I saw few people in here got him and the fact that he single handily knocked me out of the FA Cup in the first season after scoring four goals to make the match 4-4. So far, he hasn't done anything close to justify the price tag which was whipping 35m (UK pound). I even trained him in LAM position to rotate with Alexis. If good offer comes for him, off he goes.

I tried everything to buy Hazard in the second season but Chelsea were too far. In 3rd season, I bought him for 90m up front, 45m installments and some condition bonuses. I bought for the excitement of seeing what happens in third season. I am not one who sticks without key player changes. I would be bored. I want to do what Real tried with Galaticos and Pavons. Going to mix youth with superstars. I know I don't have many youths now but starting from third season on wards any player who reaches 30 will be sold and no player older than 25 will be purchased.

Just hit halfway in my second season, and consistency has been an issue for me as well. 6 draws and 3 defeats in 19 games isn't exactly what I was looking for. I can understand dropping points to Man Utd (Lost 2-0), Man City, Spurs and Liverpool (all draws), but its galling to draw with sides like Derby and Norwich, let alone losing to Swansea and QPR. The QPR game was ridiculous. 3-0 up at half time, Koscielny got sent off in the 50th minute, and ten minutes later its all square, before they grab a last minute winner.

We're through to the semis of the Capital One Cup, where we've just won the away leg 4-0 at West Ham, and the 4th round of the FA Cup after a win against Leeds. We topped an easy Champions League group (CSKA Moscow, Olympiakos and Celtic), and a last 16 tie against FC Red Bull Salzburg awaits.

I've turned down a bid from Dortmund of £40m for Luan, and £20m from Bayern for Gabriel. I'll happily let Gabriel go, but I want at least £25m for him.

So, I've finally finished my second season.

Transfers

January so absolutely no transfer dealings whatsoever, despite interest from some of Europe's top clubs in some of my players. The summer will be different, but more on that later.

Premier League

Man Utd were romping away with the title, at one point being a whopping 14 points ahead of me. I managed to get that down to five, and that managed to implode in typical Arsenal fashion, being thumped 4-0 at Newcastle (incidentally, they beat me 7-2 there last season as well), and that was the end of that. Utd won the title by 10 points, and I blew second place on the final day of the season, letting Spurs (why them?!) finish a point ahead of me. Its my own fault, as I rested players thinking that second was wrapped up, but I didn't realise they had a game in hand. Stupid, really.

Capital One Cup

A 5-1 aggregate win over West Ham in the semis set up the first of two finals against Welsh opposition this season in the shape of Swansea. Welbeck put us in front on the stroke of half time, but a Ki Sung-Yeung goal took the final to extra time. Both sides had chances, but it was Oxlade-Chamberlain who smashed home the winner and bring us our first piece of silverware.

FA Cup

Leeds were beaten at home in the third round, before Man City and Spurs in the following two rounds. Ipswich were dispatched in the quarters, setting up a semi-final against the in-form Man Utd. However, we were fantastic, and a brace from Welbeck put us through to face surprise package Cardiff City in the final. The result was never in doubt from an early stage, and we secured our second piece of silverware with a comfortable 3-0 victory, with goals coming from Cazorla, Alexis and Dybala.

Champions League

An easy win over two legs against Red Bull Salzburg set up a last 8 tie with Schalke. A Welbeck goal in each leg helped us to a 4-2 victory, and Bayern awaited in the semis. A memorable 3-2 away win in the first leg, and despite losing the return 1-0, we scrapped through on away goals. A final, in Cardiff, against Juventus. A fantastic performance saw us run out 3-0 winners, and in all honesty, it probably should have been far more. Goals by Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Dybala saw us end the season by landing old big ears. Utterly thrilled!

Key performances

Six players hit double figures in the end (Alexis - 24, Walcott - 20, Barbosa - 20, Welbeck - 19, Dybala - 17 and Oxlade-Chamberlain - 14), with three players (Cazorla - 9, Ozil - 8, and Embolo - 8) also contributing, its fair to say the goals were shared around. It was a similar story with assists, with six players also getting into double figures (Ozil - 14, Willems - 13, Luan - 12, Alexis - 11, Welbeck - 11, Barbosa - 10) and the two right backs hitting 9 apiece.

Even though Alexis was outstanding, he had part of the season where he couldn't get in the side due to Welbeck's form. The former Man Utd man was unplayable at times this season, and grabbed some vital goals along the way. Oxlade-Chamberlain has been phenomenal as well, particularly when you consider he struggled to get in the side at one point when Walcott was smashing goals in consistently. However, Cazorla gets my vote as player of the season. We just seem a completely different side when he plays. I'm going to struggle to replace him I think.

The future

I don't know where to go from here. I've yet to win the league, so I need to sort out my consistency, but I don't know which way I want my game to go. I've got £240m sat in the bank, with Lincoln and Gotze (on a free!) already lined up to come in. However, I have a group of very talented youngsters in my u-21 squad, and I really want to develop them. Several have spent the first two seasons out on loan, and are ready to challenge for places in my squad. In order to do that, I'm going to have to move on players who have just won the Champions League, and I don't know if I can do that.

Season 2 November

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GS MD4

ARSENAL 2

Wilshere 39 Giroud 90(+1)

RED BULL SALZBURG 1

Minamino 27

A stark contrast to the away game where we coasted to a 4-0 win. Salzburg took the lead and we quickly responded through sub Wilshere. But then just couldn't get the second goal. I stuck with a controlled short system rather than attacking direct and nothing worked. I threw the kitchen sink at them and eventually another sub Giroud scored in stoppage time. Mixed news after the game. Atletico lost but Toure would be out for 7 weeks.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 3

Koscielny 11 Asensio 17 Chamberlain 59

BOURNEMOUTH 0

Didn't get out of second gear. Didn't need to.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 1

Barbosa 89

ASTON VILLA 2

Rodriguez 41 54

When Danny Welbeck rolled his ankle after 16 minutes of his comeback I kind of knew this result might happen. We were already missing a raft of players through injury. Chambers, Gibbs, Chamberlain, Giroud Ramsey and Sanchez along with Bale and Toure. Koscielny was suspended. Ozil did return though. We controlled the first half having 18 attempts on goal but found ourselves behind. Rodriguez then struck again and as Morata also limped off late on I had nothing on the bench to mount a comeback. Villa twice hit the post and overall they had 7 clear cut chances. Welbeck would miss another month while Morata is likely to miss the Atletico game.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GS MD5

ATLETICO MADRID 3

Juanfran 58 Saul 76 Vietto 81

ARSENAL 0

With all three strikers out I had no option but to go ultra defensive. Sanchez played upfront while Carrick was the Anchor Man. Gibbs played as a defensive winger with Ramsey the opposite side. For 58 minutes it worked absolutly perfectly but then from a corner all the hard work was undone. We pushed up to get back in the game but will have to settle for the runners up spot.

PREMIER LEAGUE

MAN CITY 1

Bony 23

ARSENAL 1

Sanchez 84

Not ideal place to go after two straihght defeats. Aguero was missing for city and they set up very defensivly so I went more attacking. A tight first half saw Bony give CIty the lead. We had to wait until the 84th minute to get the equaliser after both sides had hit the post. Bale made his comeback from injury but Gibbs would miss a month. Happy with a point.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GS MD6

ARSENAL 2

Grimaldo 11 Morata 42

BMG 0

Usually by matchday six we would already have topped the group and I would play the kids. However with the two Atletico defeats we still needed a draw to go through. Gibbs replacement Grimaldo opened the scoring and we were comfortable from there.

[League Table]

Premier League

Not running away with it this season. Wengers Liverpool in good form

1. Liverpool P13 P30

2. Arsenal P13 P29

3. Man CIty P13 P27

4. Tottenham P13 P26

5. Man Utd P13 P26

Champions League

1. A. Madrid P6 P13

2. Arsenal P6 P12

3. BMG P6 P7

4. RB Salzburg P6 P2

[injury Table]

Giroud 3 Days - Welbeck 2 Weeks - Toure, Gibbs 3 Weeks

[Top performers]

Goals - Morata 13 Sanchez 9 Bale 7

Assists - Sanchez 12 Bellerin 11 Gibbs 6

Av Rating - Sanchez 7.98 Bellerin 7.96 Bale 7.85

Apps - Bellerin 19 Koscielny 19 Mertesacker 19

[other news]

Despite only two appearances Grimaldo won young player of the month. Even more oddly Sule was second. Player of the month went to Balotelli. Allardyce at Leicester won Manager of the month.

The Under 21's came from 3-1 down to win 4-3 and go through to the Quarters.

The Under 18's with help from Pereira won the last three games to go through in the champions cup.

West Ham sacked Bilic.

[December fixtures]

Premier League - Tottenham (A) Ipswich (H) Everton (A) Leicester (A)Newcastle (H) Leeds (H)

League Cup - Everton (H)

coming to the end of 4th season, theo, Ozil and Sanchez all hitting 30 plus and thinking of freshening it up a bit.

Thinking of letting 2 of them go, Theo and another, ozil am thinking as I have Adelede and capoune coming through for left wing just need another season before they are ready, I have embolo and Barboosa who are now first team regulars.

currently I play a 4-2-3-1 if I let ozil and theo go these are the options am contemplating.

option 1- Buy Dyabla use him CF, Embolo no10 and barboosa wide right

option 2- buy Odegard use him as no10 Barboosa wide right and Emboloa uptop

option 3 - buy Pogba go 433 (i have coq, ramsey, bazore already in my squad) and use emboloa up top and Barboosa outwide

option 4 - Buy a wide right player use Emboloa 10 and Barboosa up top

cant decide which way to go, any advice/ideas?

coming to the end of 4th season, theo, Ozil and Sanchez all hitting 30 plus and thinking of freshening it up a bit.

Thinking of letting 2 of them go, Theo and another, ozil am thinking as I have Adelede and capoune coming through for left wing just need another season before they are ready, I have embolo and Barboosa who are now first team regulars.

currently I play a 4-2-3-1 if I let ozil and theo go these are the options am contemplating.

option 1- Buy Dyabla use him CF, Embolo no10 and barboosa wide right

option 2- buy Odegard use him as no10 Barboosa wide right and Emboloa uptop

option 3 - buy Pogba go 433 (i have coq, ramsey, bazore already in my squad) and use emboloa up top and Barboosa outwide

option 4 - Buy a wide right player use Emboloa 10 and Barboosa up top

cant decide which way to go, any advice/ideas?

I am also coming to the end of my 4th Season and have had Dybala, Pogba and am about to let go of Ozil. If i had the choice that you do i would get Pogba if you can afford him. Was an absolute beast for me was top scorer and highest rated from midfield and controlled games on his own. Until man utd came in and met his release clause of £190 mill. was devastated and my form has suffered because of it.

Hello fellow Arsenal fans/players :thup:

I thought I would join in this year's thread & see if I can do more than a couple of updates! I'm currently playing as Arsenal on FMT & have just started season 3, so here's how it has gone for me so far:

Season 1 2015/16

Premier League: 3rd

FA Cup: 3rd Round (Lost 0-1 to Walsall :()

Cap One Cup: 3rd Round (Lost 0-1 to Wolves)

Community Shield: Won 4-2 v Chelsea

ECL: 1st Knockout Round (Lost 2-3 on agg to Olympiakos)

Competition Winners:

Premier League: Manchester City

FA Cup: Manchester City

Cap One Cup: Hull City

Champions League: Manchester City

Europa League: Tottenham Hotspur

Squad Ins:

Romelu Lukaku £36m

Joel Matip £19.25m

Kostas Manolas £27m

Thiago Maia Free

Notable Departures:

Per Mertesacker - AS Monaco £7.75m

Gedion Zelalem - LA Galaxy £3.4m

Season 2 2016/17

Premier League: 5th

FA Cup: 3rd Round (Lost 1-3 to Man City)

Cap One Cup: 3rd Round (Lost 1-3 to Norwich)

ECL: Semi Final (Lost 4-8 on agg to Chelsea)

Competition Winners:

Premier League: Manchester United

FA Cup: Chelsea

Cap One Cup: Swansea City

Champions League: Chelsea

Europa League: Liverpool

Squad Ins:

Breel Embolo £13.5m

Robin Jonsson £1.9m

Ricardo Rodriguez £41.5m

Yannick van Osch £3m

Mateo Kovacic - Loan

Notable Departures:

Joel Campbell - Montpellier £5m

Mikel Arteta - Released

Mathieu Flamini - Released

David Ospina - Roma £4.2m

Carl Jenkinson - Southampton £3m

Mathieu Debuchy - AS Monaco £5.5m

Nacho Monreal - Athletic Bilbao £5m

So that brings me to the start of season 3. Its been a busy summer, last season we were firing on all cylinders until the end of February, even going on a 16 match winning run which had us top of the league as we travelled to title rivals Chelsea. However a 3-2 defeat saw us completely disintegrate in the league picking up just 3 wins in our final 11 games as we plummeted out of title contention and eventually the top 4 leaving us to finish 5th.

I thought we had found solace in the Champions League though, with victories over Barcelona and Bayern in the knockout rounds surely meaning that the trophy had our name it this season, but a 6-1 thumping at Stamford Bridge in the 1st leg of the semi final put paid to those ambitions and saw my patience finally snap.

A major squad overhaul was needed if we were to finally banish the memory of an underachieving decade at the Arsenal.

Out went: Giroud (Swansea £6m), Gibbs (Villa £4m), Welbeck (Norwich £7.5m), Gabriel (Shakhtar £4.2m), Coquelin (Man City £18m), Gnabry (Barcelona £13.5m) & Akpom (Palace £6.5m). All players who had massively underperformed or didn't look close to getting in the side.

In came: Charlie Taylor (Leeds £7m), Lincoln (Gremio £7.5m), Mateo Kovacic (Madrid £20m), Bernd Leno (Leverkusen £28m) plus a couple of younger prospects. Promoted to the first team after a couple of seasons away on loan were Crowley, Adelaide, Maitland-Niles & Bielik. Maia & Embolo were to be given more active roles within the team, Leno was to replace Cech as number 1 with Szczesny remaining as back up keeper. I had intended to move Cech on but a torn hamstring at the start of pre-season meant that would have to wait.

I have thought long & hard about the futures of Wilshere & Ramsey too as they haven't exactly set the world on fire but I have decided to give them the grace of another season to prove themselves.

So to the beginning of season 3 and hopefully a new era at the Emirates Stadium.

The new players have blended in well, but an injury to Leno meant that he would miss the first 8 weeks of the season, forcing me into the loan market for cover. Welcome Sergio Romero on a 6 month loan from Manchester United to provide cover for Szczesny.

The season has started well as we won our first 4 games in the league before going to Anfield and losing to the ref, err I mean Liverpool. However we recovered well to win the next 3 in the league to put us top after 7 games. I won't get excited yet after last season though!

In the Europa League our group consists of Gent, Rapid Wien & Boavista - I'll chew my left leg off if we don't get out of that group.

And finally, it's taken 2 years but I have actually won a domestic cup game! We tried our best to make Huddersfield look like Bayern and were 2-0 down with 15 to go, but a quick tweak in the tactics (ie throw the kitchen sink at them) and 4 goals flew in (their goal) & we were through to face Millwall in round 4.

I've just hit an International break so here's hoping everybody comes back in decent shape!

Edit: Ox, Matip & Alexis all came back injured for 4-5 weeks. Jinxed that one didn't I :rolleyes:

Season 1 December

PREMIER LEAGUE

TOTTENHAM 2

Kane 41 Pratto 87(pen)

ARSENAL 3

Bale 22 86 Ozil 49

A lot of tired legs meant I had to juggle the team around. We also lost Chambers before the game for a few weeks. Sule came in for Mertesacker while Debuchy was prefered at right back. With no strikers available an 83% Morata started. Bale starting his first game since September opened the scoring. Kane then ran through after Koscielny pulled up with a torn hamstring (I know!) to equalise. I had told Ozil to start scoring and he produced in the first game to net his first of the season. Bale then added his second before Pratto pulled one back with a rather dubious penalty. Now won at Chelsea, United and Spurs this season. Koscielny out for 3 months opens the door for Sule.

LEAGUE CUP QUARTER FINAL

ARSENAL 1

Sanchez 85

EVERTON 1

Barkley 32

Arsenal win 7-6 on Penalties

Very very harsh on Everton. They dominated every aspect of the game. Extremly lucky to get through. Norwich or Man City await.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 3

Ozil 9 Morata 31 Chamberlain 79

IPSWICH 0

A nice stroll. Just the 31 shots and 8 clear cut chances.

PREMIER LEAGUE

EVERTON 4

Lukaku 41 Barkley 50 74 Milik 90(+2)

ARSENAL 2

Morata 28 36

Mertesacker suffered a hernia meaning with Sule suspended we were without ALL four Centre backs for a trip to Everton. Debuchy and Carrick the pairing. We started well and two Ozil assists led to two morata goals. before lukaku lost both man markers from a free kick to tap in at the back post. We then imploded in the second half.

PREMIER LEAGUE

LEICESTER 1

Carrilo 10

ARSENAL 2

Morata 6 Ozil 61

A fortunate but much needed win with the chasing pack getting closer. Sule and Chambers returning to shore up the defense. Toure also coming off the bench on his return.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 3

Sanchez 36 Ozil 39 Giroud 76

NEWCASTLE 0

No boxing day blues for us. Nice and comfortable.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 3

Bale 16 Sanchez 31 Welbeck 90 Asensio miss/pen 75

LEEDS 1

Dallas 5

Wilshere rolled his ankle before the game and would miss three weeks. Just the 7 clear cut chances. Ospina outstanding in the Leeds goal.

[League Table]

Premier League

Not running away with it this season. Wengers Liverpool in good form

1. Arsenal P19 P44

2. Liverpool P19 P41

3. Man CIty P19 P40

4. Man Utd P19 P39

5. Chelsea P19 P38

[injury Table]

Gibbs 2 Days - Mertesacker 10 Days - Wilshere 2 Weeks - Koscielny 7 Weeks

[Top performers]

Goals - Morata 17 Sanchez 13 Bale 10

Assists - Sanchez 15 Bellerin 12 Bale 7

Av Rating - Sanchez 7.90 Bellerin 7.89 Bale 7.83

Apps - Sanchez 25 Morata 25 Bellerin 24

[other news]

FA Cup 3rd Round draw - Exeter vs ARSENAL

Champions League draw - ARSENAL VS Juventus.

The prize for finishing runners up. Probably 4th toughest though behind Bayern, Atletico and Real Madrid. I'll take it.

James Rodriguez won World Player of the year. Messi and Ronaldo had to settle for second and third.

10 goals saw Gabbiadini win player of the month. Ozil was second. Young player was Dele Alli Bellerin second. I won Manager of the month.

[Transfer Window]

IN - Lincoln

Lincoln will either be in the under 21's or out on loan. Not expecting to do much buisness otherwise. Maybe a versatile defender.

[January fixtures]

Premier League - Chelsea (H) West Brom (A) West Ham (A) Man United (H) Norwich (H)

FA Cup - Exeter (A)

League Cup - Norwich (H) Norwich (A)

Has anyone had any success with a narrow diamond with Arsenal? My only issue with it is that it makes excellent players like Ox and Jeff largely redundant.

I did try this in my second season as i wanted a formation i could have Dybala and Higuain in the same team. Worked ok away from home but found it to be very inconsistent and struggled against the bigger teams who played with Wingers. Plus as you say you contain Ox too much and he has been one of my key players so stopped using it at the end of the season.

I did scrap the formation for a 4-1-2-2-1 and i actually now play Ox in the middle as a roaming play maker. He picks the ball up and dribbles it from anywhere its brilliant. Have Jeff and Maitland-niles as my wingers seems to be working much better and Ox won player of the tournament at the last world cup scoring the winner in the final from cm so he does work there but diamond just seemed to suffocate him as he didn't have as much room to work with. If you can get consistency though it does produce a lot of goals.

Season 2 January

LEAGUE CUP SEMI-FINAL 1ST LEG

ARSENAL 5

Ozil 23 Ramsey 26 Sanchez 34 38 Morata 49

NORWICH 0

I took no chances and despite most of the side hovering around the 85% condition mark I played my strongest attacking team Bale Ozil Sanchez and Morata. A four-goal 15 minute blitz put us pretty much in the final. We had a goal that seemed to cross the line not given and also Chambers scored an iffy offside goal. Now the players can rest at Exeter.

FA CUP 3RD ROUND

EXETER 0

ARSENAL 3

Giroud 38 60 90

Giroud Masterclass. Job done.

4th Round Draw - Arsenal vs Man United

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 2

Morata 40 Ozil 45

CHELSEA 0

We took time to find our game but once we did Chelsea were no match.

PREMIER LEAGUE

WEST HAM 0

ARSENAL 2

Bale 63 Ozil 71

Toure was now away at African Nations. There wasn't one single highlight until the 57 minute mark. After that though the game opened up.

PREMIER LEAGUE

WEST BROM 0

ARSENAL 5

Giroud 10 18 31 Cazorla 63 Morata 86

I made eight changes for the West Brom game. It didn't matter. Another Giroud hat-trick did for West Brom. Cazorla added a fourth while Morata came off the bench to hit his 20th of the season. Giroud went off with a bruised rib and would miss the United game. 5 clean sheets in a row.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 3

Chamberlain 25 Morata 37 Sanchez 64

MAN UNITED 0

Had Giroud been fit he would've started. As it was Morata did and played well. United failed to muster a single shot on target. Meanwhile we had 31 attempts on De Gea's goal. 7 clear cut chances too.

LEAGUE CUP SEMI-FINAL 2ND LEG

NORWICH 0

ARSENAL 2

Barbosa 13 Giroud 63

2-0 job done. Leicester in the final.

FA CUP 3RD ROUND

ARSENAL 2

Sule 45(+3) Morata 61

MAN UNITED 0

Giroud and Asensio had both picked up minor kocks against Norwich so missed the United game. Rulli stayed in goal. United were at full strength. We weren't as fluid as in the league game but still were comfortable enough. 8 clean sheets in a row.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 1

Sanchez 62

NORWICH 0

John Ruddy in the goal with a 9.2 rating was the difference between 1-0 and 8-0. Didn't concede a goal in January.

Transfer Window

I secured my third loan signing of the season. Jedvaj comes in just to add numbers. There were murmers of PSG and Bayern making moves for Morata but neither took the plunge. Lincoln came in and was loaned to Marseille. I signed Jorge as my new left back for next season.

In - Tin Jedvaj - Loan

Out - Lincoln - Loan

Future - Jorge - 7.5m

[League Table]

Premier League

8 league wins in a row have given us a good lead at the top. Big changes as spurs go from 6th to 2nd and liverpool the other way.

1. Arsenal P24 P59

2. Tottenham P24 P51

3. Chelsea P24 P38

4. Man Utd P24 P49

5. Man CIty P24 P47

[injury Table]

Koscielny 2 Weeks Chambers 3 Weeks

[Top performers]

Goals - Morata 22 Sanchez 17 Giroud 12

Assists - Sanchez 16 Bellerin 13 Gibbs 9

Av Rating - Bellerin 7.93 Sanchez 7.92 Grimaldo 7.88

Apps - Morata 32 Sanchez 32 Ramsey 31

MOM - Sanchez 6 Bellerin 3 Bale 3

[other news]

FA Cup 5th Round draw - Tottenham vs ARSENAL

I know.

Mario Fernandez won player of the month, Sanchez 3rd. Grimaldo and Bellerin made it a 1-2 in young player. 5 Wins from 5 gave me manager of the month again.

West Brom sacked Pulis

Mertesacker signed a pre contract with dortmund

[February fixures]

Premier League - Cardiff (A) Liverpool (A) Sunderland (H)

Champions League - Juventus (H) Juventus (A)

FA Cup - Tottenham (A)

League Cup - Leicester (N)

I did scrap the formation for a 4-1-2-2-1 and i actually now play Ox in the middle as a roaming play maker. He picks the ball up and dribbles it from anywhere its brilliant. Have Jeff and Maitland-niles as my wingers seems to be working much better and Ox won player of the tournament at the last world cup scoring the winner in the final from cm so he does work there but diamond just seemed to suffocate him as he didn't have as much room to work with. If you can get consistency though it does produce a lot of goals.

I think I'll give it a go and try and convert Ox into a CM

Archived