• Created
  • Last Reply

Season 2 February

PREMIER LEAGUE

CARDIFF 0

Fabio s/o 89

ARSENAL 1

Morata 68

We were fortuate to be playing on the Saturday with the Juventus game on Wednesday. I made just one change with Debuchy replacing Bellerin. Giroud was back on the bench while Jedvaj was sat alongside him waiting for his debut. We spanked them 6-2 at the Emirates but they were much harder to break down here. Although they offered nothing going forward Morata had that bit of quality to get the win. Jedvaj did indeed make his debut. 10 clean sheets in a row.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SECOND ROUND 1ST LEG

ARSENAL 2

Morata 86 Bale 90

JUVENTUS 2

Casemiro 7 Pereyra 32

I made a big call before the game starting Giroud ahead of Morata. It all went horribly wrong after 7 minutes. Casemiro somehow allowed to ghost through to open the scoring and end our run of ten clean sheets in a row. It got worse though when the italians went 2-0 up through Pereyra. Giroud was hooked at half-time but Juve continued to be the better side but having thrown the kitchen sink to get one back Morata finally obligued. In the dying seconds a fantastic Bellerin cross found Bale at the far post to volley home. A great comeback although still a poor result but at least not out of it.

PREMIER LEAGUE

LIVERPOOL 2

Balotelli 69 89

ARSENAL 1

Bale 31 Morata miss/pen 85

We were all over Liverpool for the first hour. Twice hit the bar and Bale had given us the lead. However the introduction of Balotelli passed me by and he headed the equaliser before pouncing first after Cech parried a Milner free kick.

FA CUP FIFTH ROUND

TOTTENHAM 1

Chadli 84

ARSENAL 2

Morata 68 73

Koscielny returned after 3 and a half months coming on as a late sub. Two wonderful through balls by Toure and Ramsey saw Morata punish Spurs high line and saw us sail into a 2-0 lead. Chadli pulled one back but Spurs had nothing in the tank to get the tie back to the Emirates.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 5

Barbosa 9 12 Ozil 13 29 Morata 38

SUNDERLAND 2

Borini 51(pen) 89

Sunderland had just lost 5-0 at home to West Brom so this was hardly the ideal place to come. Coupled with the fact I played a full strength team with the league cup final line-up mostly been rested. Both Rulli and Chambers would miss the final though having both picked up thigh injuries. In the first half we ran riot although the second was appauling.

LEAGUE CUP FINAL

ARSENAL 1

Sanchez 68

LEICESTER CITY 0

As usual i played a team of players that had played the most to get tio the final. With Rulli injured Cech did start in goal. Leicester set up with a very defensive 5-4-1 formation. Despite having 25 attempts we only created 1 clear cut chance. Sanchez striking the winner. Leicester offered nothing going forward. Happy with back to back cups.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SECOND ROUND 1ST LEG

JUVENTUS 0

ARSENAL 1

Chamberlain 7

After drawing 2-2 in the first leg I had to mastermind a comeback. I opted to leave Bale as the wildcard on the bench. Starting chamberlain instead also meant I could drop him back into midfield if needed. I didn't envisage him scoring but once he did there was a five man wall in midfield that Juve try as they might couldn't pass. They had 30 shots but only a paltry 3 on target. Sule the star man with 19 interceptions. Probably the best result of my arsenal career so far.

[League Table]

1. Arsenal P27 P65

2. Tottenham P27 P60

3. Chelsea P27 P57

4. Man Utd P27 P54

5. Man City P27 P51

[injury Table]

Rulli 2 Weeks

[Top performers]

Goals - Morata 27 Sanchez 18 Bale 13

Assists - Sanchez 17 Bellerin 15 Gibbs 9

Av Rating - Bellerin 7.85 Gibbs 7.80 Grimaldo 7.77

Apps - Sanchez 39 Morata 38 Ramsey 37

MOM - Sanchez 6 Asensio 4 Ramsey 3

[other news]

FA Cup Quarter-Final draw - Fa Cup draw - ARSENAL vs Rotheram

Liverpool vs Cardiff, MK Dons vs Fulham Southampton vs Crystal Palace

Rondon won player of the month. Embolo young player with Bellerin third. Remi Garde won manager of the month.

Man city sacked Simeone and appointed Mourinho. Everton and Newcastle also sacked their managers.

[March fixures]

Premier League - Swansea (A) Crystal Palace (H) Bournemouth (A)

FA Cup - Rotheram (H)

Season 2017/18 Update

I have reached the halfway stage so I thought I would do an update.

In the league, after starting on fire we have settled into the safety and familiarity of 4th after 19 games. Our brilliant start to the season was abruptly ended by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge as we lost 3-1. I thought this was going to trigger an identical collapse to when they beat us last season as we followed that up by getting smashed 4-1 at home by Man City and then losing 3-1 away to Belgian 2nd division side Genk in the Europa League. We halted the losing run at home in the NLD with a 1-1 draw before going on to win the next 5. The top four looks like this:

1: Man City 45pts

2: Chelsea 44pts

3: Man Utd 40pts

4: Arsenal 40pts

I wasn't required to chew my left leg off as we qualified comfortably from our Europa League group with the above-mentioned loss to Genk being our only dropped points. We have drawn Wolfsburg in the next round with the first leg away from home.

My domestic cup horrors have continued though after my first choice 11 contrived to lose on penalties at Millwall in the Capital One Cup 4th Round.

In the FA Cup, Arsenal will turn back the clock and will once again play at Highbury in Round 3 after we were drawn away to Fleetwood. I wonder how many I will lose that one by.

The younger players have stepped up to the plate and performed well, Charlie Taylor standing out above the rest. Having been brought in to provide cover for Rodriguez he has actually been ahead in the pecking order and broken into the England squad.

Onwards and upwards as we move into the second half of the season!

Can someone recommend me signings? I'm gonna make a new save with Arsenal after months and i dunno what's the go-to-signings are now (new computer).

Players that Arsenal actually WILL BENEFIT from and actually NEED.

Can someone recommend me signings? I'm gonna make a new save with Arsenal after months and i dunno what's the go-to-signings are now (new computer).

It really depends on what type of football you will be playing and the team shape you are looking to use?

What a horrible way to play! half the point of the game is scouting and finding your own signings

What a horrible way to play! half the point of the game is scouting and finding your own signings

And what's the harm in asking for assistance?

It really depends on what type of football you will be playing and the team shape you are looking to use?

Last time i had a save with Arsenal a few months back I played attacking football, I wish to continue playing attacking football with Arsenal, I always use 4231 as my formation.

Season 2 March

PREMIER LEAGUE

SWANSEA 1

Mertesacker o.g 29

ARSENAL 1

Morata 23(Pen) Koscielny s/o 14

I named an unchanged team from the Juventus win meaning poor Bale had to settle for being on the bench again. We started ok but then Koscielny went in with two feet and mike dean hardly needs an invitation to dish us out the red card. However he did give us a penalty which Morata scored to give us the lead. But a cross struck Mertesacker and went in to make it 1-1. From there we battoned down the hatches. Swansea will feel hard done by not to win. I'm happy with a point.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 5

Bellerin 7 Barbosa 43 Morata 36 Ozil 47 Bale 65

CRYSTAL PALACE 0

Both Koscielny and Sule were suspended. I opted to play Jedvaj over Chambers for a left/right pair. We got some revenge for the defeat in December. I didn't make a single substitution.

FA CUP QUARTER-FINAL

ARSENAL 4

Barbosa 19 Giroud 39 44 51

ROTHERAM 0

A third hat-trick of the season for Giroud. Comfortably through. 15 goals from just 12 starts.

PREMIER LEAGUE

BOURNEMOUTH 2

Wilson 1 Hooper 23

ARSENAL 2

Cazorla 54 Sule 83

With Ozil out with a minor injury i decided to play a 4-4-2. It lasted 22 minutes before Morata went off with a thigh strain. We had already fallen behind at that point after 60 seconds. Hooper then made it 2-0. Morata's replacement Cazorla pulled one back before a late header by Sule salvaged a point. Should've won the game but still have a healthy lead at the top.

[League Table]

1. Arsenal P30 P70

2. Tottenham P30 P66

3. Chelsea P30 P63

4. Man Utd P30 P57

5. Liverpool P30 P54

[injury Table]

Ozil 1 Day - Gibbs 12 Days

[Top performers]

Goals - Morata 29 Sanchez 18 Giroud 15

Assists - Sanchez 17 Bellerin 15 Gibbs 10

Av Rating - Bellerin 7.87 Gibbs 7.83 Grimaldo 7.81

Apps - Morata, Sanchez 41 Ramsey 40

MOM - Sanchez 6 Bellerin 4 Asensio 4

[other news]

Champions League Quarter-Final Draw - ARSENAL VS ATLETICO MADRID

PSG vs Man CIty - Wolfsburg vs Real Madrid - Barcelona vs Tottenham.

Lost 0-1 and 0-3 in the group stages. Hopefully team have learnt their lessons. Uncanny first two other ties.

FA Cup Semi-Final Draw - Fulham vs Arsenal - Southampton/Crystal Palace vs Liverpool

The Under 21's lost to liverpool in the cup semi-finals. Both Grimaldo and Jedvaj played.

Under 19's play Chelsea in the Champions Cup Quarters.

Remy Cavella won player of the month. Gunners past and present were involved in young player. Akpom won it while Crowley on loan at Cardiff came second and Barbosa third. Eddie Howe with victory over Man United and West Brom and a draw with us won manager of the month.

[Regens]

We got one very good player and a decent one. Unfortunatly another striker. Elsewhere i snapped up a few others. Not the greatest batch but the ones I have look promising. All different positions.

[April fixures]

Just four games in March but double in April.

Premier League - Man CIty (H) Aston Villa (A) Ipswich (A) Tottenham (H) Everton (H)

Champions League - Atletico (H) Atletico (A)

FA Cup - Fulham (N)

Anyone have trouble selling players? I have Walcott and Giroud valued circa 28m, best offer i get is around 14m. Any ideas please?

Is this first season? I got rid of Giroud January first season to PSG for £31 mill after i played him a few times. Start of the save though i wasn't getting a lot of interest over £20mill.

Walcott i kept for 2 seasons then city offered me £25 mill + add ons came to about £38 mill.

Currently on my fourth season with Arsenal. First two seasons we won the league but last season we came second after dropping a lot of points at the start of the season due to injuries to Cech, Sanchez and Lukaku (who I brought in to replace Giroud). Cech is now retiring, having lost his startinf position to a young Bart Dragowski. Cech was brilliant but his back to back injuries and age have neant he's quickly deteriorating.

We've also won two Champion's Cups, after failing to get out of t hee group stage in the first season. We managed to fight Madrid to a draw and won on penalties and then had a relatively simple final against Sporting CP.

Sold Lukaku after i managed to get a surprising 65 million for him. Tried to bring in another striker but the players I wantwd were beyond my reach or weren't playing ball. So I went int this season a little apprehensive about having enough in the tank striker wise because Lukaku had a 37 goal season the year before.

Current line up is:

Embolo

Sanchez Ozil Barbosa

Ramsey Ajer

Bernat Stones Koscielny Bellerin

Dragowski

Wasn't too sure with Embolo as he didn't score for a few games but then he decided to break his drought with a hat trick in ten minutes to win a game we were down 2-0 against Manchester Utd.

Is this first season? I got rid of Giroud January first season to PSG for £31 mill after i played him a few times. Start of the save though i wasn't getting a lot of interest over £20mill.

Walcott i kept for 2 seasons then city offered me £25 mill + add ons came to about £38 mill.

Cheers mate. It is first season.

Just ended My 5th Season and finally found a working formula! In what was a season of very high quality from 3 teams it ended:

1. Arsenal GP38 GD90 P95

2. Chelsea GP38 GD48 P95

3. Man U GP38 GD64 P93

After 3 years of Dominance from UTD (managed by my brother in law making it worse) we finally beat them. Our home form was incredible beating City and Chelsea 7-0 and 7-1 and Utd 4-1 at home with 5 games left. Adding a 4-2 win in the FA cup final against Chelsea giving us the double was a very productive season.

Higuain very nearly managed to bag himself top scorer but decided not to score in the last 5 games so missed out by a goal to lewandoski who got 37 in the league. He did break all Thierry's records for goals in a season though.

Ox got player of the season and Ronato Sanches got young player. Sanches also stopped Bellerin getting his 5th fans player in a row.

Looking forward to being the champions league proper for the first time in 2 seasons next year need to strengthen but not sure where my best XI was:

-------------Donnarumma------------------

Bellerin--Romagnolli---Rugani----Alex Tellas

-------------------Cubas----------------------

------------------Sanches--------------------

Ox------------------------------------James

-----------Vietto--------Higuain-------------

Season 2 April

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 2

Morata 49 Ramsey 51

MAN CITY 1

De Bruyne 2

We got off to the worst possible start with De Bruyne finsihing a sweeping move. From there Bale and then Morata should've levelled but we trailed at half-time. We turned it around though with Morata's 30th of the season. Ramsey then scored a stunner. Like champions do we saw it out.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ASTON VILLA 1

Rodriguez 35

ARSENAL 5

Bale 19 Morata 40 Sanchez 45(+1) 47 54

With it being a Saturday-Wednesday. I could play my strongest team despite the Atletico tie in midweek. We made it count as Sanchez ran riot down the right hand side. Hopefully he keeps it up for Atletico.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL 1ST LEG

ARSENAL 3

Morata 25 61 Sanchez 32

ATLETICO MADRID 1

Vidal 18

Having lost 3-0 and 1-0 to Atletico in the group stages I was a little nervous. I made only one change with a half fit gibbs coming in for Jedvaj. We started very well and were on the front foot but Vidal smashed a shot past Cech and we found ourselves behind again. This time we responded quickly and Morata and Sanchez turned it around. In the second half a long hoof by Cech found it's way to Morata to slide home. great to have a 2-0 cushion but having lost 3-0 in Spain already this season still plenty of work to do.

Other QF scores - Barcelona 3-0 Tottenham - Wolfsburg 0-2 Real Madrid - PSG 0-1 Man CIty

PREMIER LEAGUE

IPSWICH 1

Hyam 89

ARSENAL 3

Chamberlain 48 90(+2)Barbosa 59

Predictably I made 11 changes. Even Rulli started. A step closer to the title.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL 1ST LEG

ATLETICO MADRID 1

Insigne 72

ARSENAL 3

Ramsey 49 Giroud 51 71

I made another huge call replacing 33 goal Morata with Giroud. With the tatics he could hold up the ball to play on the counter. We played better in both halfs with Atletico only really creating the chance that Insigne scored.

Other QF scores - Tottenham 2-2 Barcelona (2-5agg)- Real Madrid 0-1 Wolfsburg (2-1agg) Man CIty 2-0 PSG (3-0agg)

FA CUP SEMI-FINAL

FULHAM 0

ARSENAL 4

Giroud 13 65 70 Chamberlain 90

For possibly the first time in my Arsenal career i had a fully fit squad to choose from. We were unchanged meaning Giroud who already had two hat-tricks in the competiton kept his place. He hit another as we sailed into a wembley showdown with Liverpool.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 4

Giroud 9 Sanchez 40 Morata 71 84

TOTTENHAM 0

We were unchanged again. A very controlled and clincial display. Morata coming off the bench to score in seconds. Beat Everton and we retain the league.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 5

Galloway o.g 11 Cazorla 17 Asensio 31 Morata 72 84

EVERTON 0

From three games with the same X1 to 9 changes. Just Cech and Giroud starting. Back to back sub braces for Morata takes him to 37 for the season. Almost same minutes scored as well. A second League title secured.

[League Table]

1. Arsenal P35 P85

2. Chelsea P35 P74

3. Tottenham P35 P73

4. Man Utd P35 P64

5. Man City P35 P63

Relegation is still a 7 horse race with 3 games to go. Sunderland are already down. Everton hovering.

19. Leeds 31 18. Cardiff 33 17. Everton 35 16. Norwich 37 15. Ipswich 37 14. Newcastle 13. 37 West Brom 38

[injury Table]

None!

[Top performers]

Goals - Morata 37 Sanchez 23 Giroud 21

Assists - Sanchez 21 Bellerin 19 Bale 12

Av Rating - Bellerin 7.94 Gibbs 7.86 Sanchez 7.79

Apps - , Sanchez 47 Ramsey Morata 46

MOM - Sanchez 8 Giroud 5 Ramsey 4

[other news]

Champions League Semi-Final Draw - MANCHESTER CITY VS ARSENAL

Barcelona vs Real Madrid.

Probably the best draw.

FA Cup Final Draw - LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL

Matt Ritchie won player of the month. Young player was Luke Shaw. Asensio second. I won manager of the month.

[Pastures New]

Here is how the first seasons have gone for the major players we sold last summer

Walcott (PSG) - Played 30(15) Goals 15 Assists 4 MOM 1 Av Rating 7.0

Coquelin (Barcelona) Played 26(12) Goals 3 Assists 2 MOM 1 Av Rating 7.03

Campbell (A. Villa) - Played 30(6) Goals 13 Assists 4 MOM 4 Av Rating 7.15

Gabriel (Hoffenheim) - Played 45 Goals 2 Assists 2 MOM 1 Av Rating 6.90

Monreal (A. Bilbao) - Played 48 Goals 0 Assists 7 MOM 9 Av Rating 7.41

Ospina (Leeds) Played 38 Coceded 64 Clean Sheets 8 MOM 0 Av Rating 6.95

[May fixtures]

Premier League - Leicester (H) Newcastle (A) Leeds (A)

Champions League - Man CIty (A) Man CIty (H)

FA Cup - Liverpool (N)

Has anyone managed to get the youth prospects integrated into the first team yet? Just about to start the 5th season (maybe 6th) and have just loaned Vlad out to City as he isn't quite ready yet. Also have Jeff and Maitland-Niles in the first team squad as good option to come on out wide and to play against the so called lesser teams and they always do a good job. I sold the rest though as didn't really develop as i had hoped.

Got fed up with Iwobi being inconsistent and Barca wanted him for £23 mill so was a no brainer. year later he went to Everton for 18 mill and can't even get into their team.

After quite a while of managing different clubs around Europe, it's been a while since I had a really good bash as a save with Arsenal.

In previous Arsenal saves, I think I have missed opportunities due to being too conservative in the transfer market. With the number of big money clubs out there, there is far less scope for bargain hunting. In this save I intend to be more aggressive in the transfer market. Really following the Bayern model of being decisive, acting quickly and using financial might to push the deals through, despite competition. As a club, I think we are now at that stage.

My first decision has been to keep Arsene Wenger on as a Director of Football. Wenger is overseeing my scouting network and making offers for players whilst I handle contract negotiations. Wenger is also working closely with Steve Rowley, managing out Scouting network which looks like a dream team and I am excited.

Meanwhile, I was shocked to see Paul Pogba on my list of 'Realistic Transfers' so opened the cheque book, immediately.

Vk0y4Qp.png

That fan reaction is ridiculous, by the way.

That's obviously most of our budget gone, but luckily Wenger is good with a budget.. :D

Strategy

My tactical approach is to build a team around Ozil, Sanchez, Pogba and Cazorla with the rest of the team acting as a platform for these guys to play.

Ca5VcIF.png

In my opinion, a lot of Arsenal's problems tactically come from trying to use Ozil as a No. 10 in a 4-3-3 formation - this article gives an excellent explanation as to why that is not a good idea.

Instead, I have gone for a 4-4-2 shape with Ozil operating behind Sanchez. Ozil, Sanchez and Pogba now make up the spine of the team, and I am still in the market for a new centre back to partner Koscielny (although January is more likely).

We're playing a fluid system. This means mentality is split broadly into two - defensive players handling defence and transition, attacking players sharing transition and handling attack. They also are allowed high freedom. Perfect.

Attacking mentality means we play quick, aggressive football. Combined with a low-block defence means the attack should have some room to play.

Example

First match of the season was Man Utd at Old Trafford and this happened.

zKDBoFL.png

The reason I am excited is not necessarily the scoreline because we played against 10-men for 85+ minutes. I am more excited about the style in which we played.

fqYaSXh.png

Here, Bellerin has just made an interception deep in our half. He plays a short pass ahead to Oxlade-Chamberlain, who drives ahead just past the half way line.

See the position of Sanchez (No. 17) - our striker. Wide left, occupying the fullback and now making an attacking run centrally... de ja vu anyone??

ruF5Rx3.png

I expected Oxlade-Chamberlain to play centrally to Pogba and then build up through either Ozil or Cazorla - however Ox picked out a much better option! :)

Orxpes3.png

BANG!

Man Utd did have 10-men, but still. Lightning fast football. Very exciting to watch. Interesting to see what happens for the rest of the season!

As I wrote that post, our second game through up another great example. This time home to Liverpool (tough start!)..

AjDPn2s.png

Once again, we're absorbing pressure..

96B8EJ5.png

Two solid banks of four with new hero Paul Pogba getting stick in, in midfield, battling for the ball. Coquelin shuttling across to cover the gap he leaves.

HwXpbKT.png

After winning a battle with Milner, Pogba charges head first into another confrontation with Lucas and plays a simple pass to our playmaker, Mr Ozil.

p3PwA9Y.png

With one touch to turn, Ozil then picks out our striker - this time Theo Walcott (Sanchez took an injury) - putting him clear in the space behind the defence.

WSh4w9z.png

1-0. That's enough to secure 2 wins from 2. Nice start.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on, Ö-zil. I've loved your posts about Ajax and Milan, and I'd been hoping you'd take on Arsenal at some point. Do you see Coquelin as your long-term holding player, since his technical deficiencies might not matter so much in this low-block system?

Looking forward to seeing how you get on, Ö-zil. I've loved your posts about Ajax and Milan, and I'd been hoping you'd take on Arsenal at some point. Do you see Coquelin as your long-term holding player, since his technical deficiencies might not matter so much in this low-block system?

Coquelin is a very intelligent defensive player. In fact - if you scout based on his anticipation, concentration, positioning, tackling, marking and strength - there are few more intelligent defensive players on the game.

The debate I am having right now, is that I think he may be more of a 'ball winner' than an out-and-out holder. For example, Coquelin's key strengths (17+ rated attributes) are determination, stamina, work rate, bravery and team work.

With Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez and Walcott (even Pogba gets forward) given so much freedom the holding midfielder is going to be important. In this case, I would value strength & positioning > stamina & work rate. Coquelin has 15 for both strength and positioning which is good, but not world-class.

So, right now I cannot give a sold answer. There is certainly a place for Coquelin in my squad. There is probably a regular starting role for Coquelin. Whether it is starting in the holding-role, I am not yet sure.

He could even be suited to a "big game" right back role or as a versatile, cover player.

I like Elneny in real-life but don't rate him on the game and he is moaning about lack of football already so there may be an additional midfield spot up for grabs if I spot an out-and-out holding player.

Overall, the first season is following a very familiar format - we're doing well. Nothing special. But we are winning the league quite comfortably. Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla, Pogba and - surprisingly - Walcott are tearing teams apart.

We're a couple of points clear of Spurs and Man City with Chelsea and Man Utd nowhere to be seen. Both Chelsea and Man Utd have sacked their managers early - Chelsea hired Moyes and Man Utd hired de Boer.

Theo Walcott has made the striker spot his own, pushing Sanchez into the right midfield spot and Chamberlain out of the side. He's averaging more than a goal a game.

The midfield and attack look excellent. Defence is a problem.

Mertesacker isn't doing well at all so I am scouting for a replacement in January. Unfortunately, all of destroyer-type Central Defenders are at rival clubs so it's not going to be cheap. I have assigned scouts to watch Kompany (don't think he is a Guardiola-type player), Smalling and Zouma.

Zouma is probably my preference as he's got the highest potential and looks like he may be available in January as a) Chelsea aren't playing him, b) Chelsea signed Stones and c) Chelsea are having a worse season than in real-life.

Tactics-wise.. so far so good. The low block is making us very counter-attack focused. We're having minimal possession (40-45%) but absolutely lethal on the break. I would like to play a medium block and improve possession but Mertesacker is struggling so much I don't want any space behind him.

Overall, the first season is following a very familiar format - we're doing well. Nothing special. But we are winning the league quite comfortably. Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla, Pogba and - surprisingly - Walcott are tearing teams apart.

We're a couple of points clear of Spurs and Man City with Chelsea and Man Utd nowhere to be seen. Both Chelsea and Man Utd have sacked their managers early - Chelsea hired Moyes and Man Utd hired de Boer.

Theo Walcott has made the striker spot his own, pushing Sanchez into the right midfield spot and Chamberlain out of the side. He's averaging more than a goal a game.

The midfield and attack look excellent. Defence is a problem.

Mertesacker isn't doing well at all so I am scouting for a replacement in January. Unfortunately, all of destroyer-type Central Defenders are at rival clubs so it's not going to be cheap. I have assigned scouts to watch Kompany (don't think he is a Guardiola-type player), Smalling and Zouma.

Zouma is probably my preference as he's got the highest potential and looks like he may be available in January as a) Chelsea aren't playing him, b) Chelsea signed Stones and c) Chelsea are having a worse season than in real-life.

Tactics-wise.. so far so good. The low block is making us very counter-attack focused. We're having minimal possession (40-45%) but absolutely lethal on the break. I would like to play a medium block and improve possession but Mertesacker is struggling so much I don't want any space behind him.

Ozil it is good to see that you are back with Arsenal again. Could I ask why you went with two playmakers in your set up. Does having a WP Playmaker and a Advance Playmaker make the team look for both playmakers or do they choose the right option. If you do not mind me asking mate what are your Team Instructions for your current asking save. Also do you give any PI to players. I would be intrested to know how you set up low block and medium could you give some advice in this area. If Cazorla was out would you use a WM or Winger instead or would it be another player to play on the wings as a Wide Playmaker.

Thanks

I've just been offered the Arsenal job at the end of the 21/22 season, following a succesfull spell with Stuttgart in which I finished 3rd in the league and then 2nd in the league and won the champions league. Prior to this I had Boavista in the top 5 every year in Portugal but only broke into the top 3 once.

So now to start with the Gunners.... they finished 6th in the league and hence everyone wants to leave for champions league and Ive tried to convince them to give me one more season but they wont budge so some fairly influential players have left at the start of my reign.

I joined when they had already agreed to sign ronaldo on a bosman.

and to be honest they deserved to finish 6th with the team they had under Klopp who has incidently taken my old job at Stuttgart.

My main targets were Pogba and Emre Can both I missed out on .

Anyway....

In:

Ross Barkley for 45 mil from Everton

Andres Cubas for 40 mil from Leverkusen (wanted can but he signed extension at Liverpool)

Daniel Shields 2 mill from Hibernian (Scottish wonderkid striker)

Daniel Wallenborn 11 mill from Dortmund (wonderkid Striker to rotate and then lead the line)

Mario Medina Free (World class keeper regen)

Mauro Icardi 21.5mill from Chelsea

J A Galvez 16 mill from Granada (22 year old spanish midfielder)

Out:

OX - 9.75 mill to Sunderland (dont use wingers)

Ndong - 11mill to Liverpool (surplus to requirements)

Bruma - 25 mill to Liverpool (winger)

Welbeck - 14.75 mill to Leicester ( not a fan and had declined in game)

pablo Ramirez - 11 mill to Ac Milan (surplus)

Sanchez - 5 mill to Madrid ( Was desperate to leave - :( )

Van Bergen - 13 mill to Milan (winger)

Gnabry - 24 mill to United ( hadnt developed and didnt require)

Ayoze Perez - 30 mill to barcelona (wanted to leave and wasnt good enough)

OZIL - 3 mill to barcelona ( Again he was desperate to leave kicking up a fuss in the media, he leaves as club legend)

Plus numerous youth on frees

So as you can imagine the fans are not overly happy but my hands were tied.

Will probably bring in a couple more squad players and hopefully no one else will leave (wilshere, bentancur and both cb's want to but im going to try my hardest not to sell)

A huge turnover in the squad - mainly due to no Champions league and an ageing squad.

my Aim for this season is to get back into champions league.

Season 2 End of Season

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL 1ST LEG

MANCHESTER CITY 1

Jovetic 57

ARSENAL 3

Giroud 43 50 Ozil 70

Again Giroud was prefered to Morata. Otherwise i played quite an open game. Bale produced a world class save from Hart before striking the post from a tight angle. Giroud headed us infront before finishing well to give us a 2-0 lead. Joventic somehow managed to bundle home from a yard but as City pushed for an equaliser Bellerin and Sanchez combined on the counter to send Ozil though for 3-1. Should be tie over.

Other Semi-final - Barcelona 2-0 Real Madrid.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 2

Barbosa 29 48

LEICESTER CITY 1

Okazaki 22

The Sandwich meant it was the usual 10 changes. We weren't at our best but managed to get over the line.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL 1ST LEG

ARSENAL 3

Ozil 3 Bale 15 Giroud 90

MANCHESTER CITY 1

Sterling 19

A strange game. Needing to win 2-0 City just sat back and let us dominate possession and pepper their goal. 37 shots to 4. We have now won both legs of the Quarters and Semis 3-1. Barca await at Cardiff in the final.

Other Semi-final - Real Madrid 1-2 Barcelona

PREMIER LEAGUE

NEWCASTLE 0

ARSENAL 3

Morata 35 Sanchez 38 45

No continental hangover. Sanchez out for three weeks. A big doubt to make the Champions League final.

PREMIER LEAGUE

LEEEDS 0

ARSENAL 1

Ozil 10

We finished the season at already relegated Leeds. Much more comfortable than the score-line suggests.

FA CUP FINAL

LIVERPOOL 1

Sturridge 68 Balotelli miss/pen 22

ARSENAL 2

Bale 35 Barbosa 44

We made it three trophies for the season with a nervy win over Liverpool. Giroud who had three hat-tricks in the competition including the last two rounds started. Cech was in goal. Balotelli should have given the reds the lead though but put his penalty wide. Bale and Barbosa then punished him as we went 2-0 up before the break. Sturridge then pulled one back and it was nervy times as we hung on for the win.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

BARCELONA 1

Suarez 41

ARSENAL 2

Ozil 13 Morata 71

We completed a quadruple after beating Barcelona in cardiff. AN enourmous boost to the chances came a couple of days before when Messi sprained his knee. Sanchez wasn't quite ready. A predators finish by Suarez cancelled out Ozils opener. However we continued to have control of the game. Morata then struck the winner. We won every game since a 2-2 draw at Bouremouth on 19th March.

END OF SEASON

[FINAL LEAGUE TABLE]

1. Arsenal P38 W29 D6 L3 GF83 GA33 P93

2. Chelsea P38 P81

3. Tottenham P38 P80

4. Man CIty P38 P70

5. Man Utd P38 P67

Relegated - Leeds Cardiff Sunderland

Promoted - Southampton Watford QPR

Footballer of the year - Alexis Sanchez

Players Player - Mario Fernandes

Young Player - Hector Bellerin

Manager - Kinglara

Top goalscorer - Harry Kane (34)

Golden Gloves - Joe Hart (19)

Team of the Year - Hart Azpilicueta Fernandes Mertesacker Kompany Bale Sterling Ozil Erikksen Kane Sanchez

Goals - Kane 34 Morata 28 Wilson 23 Gabbiadini 20 Sakho 19

Assists - Sanchez 15 Bellerin 14 Jenkinson 13 Gibbs 12 Eriksen 11

Av rating - Fernandes 8.37 Bellerin 8.04 Clyne 7.98 Sanchez 7.87 Bale 7.77

MOM - Fernandez 16 Clyne 11 Kane 8 Sanchez 7 Jenkinson 6

League game timeline

WWWWWWWDWLWLDWWLWWWWWWWWWLWDWDWWWWWWWW

HOME

W18 D0 L1 GF64 GA9

AWAY

W12 D4 L3 GF43 GA18

OVERALL (LEAGUE)

P38 W30 D4 L4 GF107 GA27

OVERALL (ALL COMPS)

P38 W30 D4 L4 GF107 GA27

Champions League - WINNERS - Beat Barcelona 2-1

FA Cup - WINNERS - Beat Liverpool 2-1

League Cup - WINNERS - Beat Leicester 1-0

Community Shield - Runners Up - Lost 1-2 to Man United

Season Stats

Played/goals/assists/MOM/COnceeded/CleanSheets/Av Rating

CECH - P50 G 0 A 1 MOM 1 Con 28 Cls 23 AvR 7.06

RULLI - P14 G 0 A 0 MOM 0 Con 6 Cls 10 AvR 6.96

======================================

Played/Goals/Assists/MOM/AV Rating

BELLERIN - P47(1) G 1 A 21 MOM 5 AVR 7.95

MERTERSACKER - P46(+2) G 0 A 1 MOM 1 AVR 7.46

GIBBS - P35(+1) G 0 A 15 MOM 3 AVR 7.84

KOSCIELNY - P35(+1) G 1 A 0 MOM 1 AVR 7.54

SULE - P29(+4) G 3 A 1 MOM 1 AVR 7.46

DEBUCHY - P19(+3) G 1 A 3 MOM 0 AVR 7.70

CHAMBERS - P12(+9) G 0 A 1 MOM 0 AVR 7.32

JEDVAJ - P5(+2) G 0 A 0 MOM 0 AVR 7.49

========================================

RAMSEY - P47(+6) G 5 A 9 MOM 4 AVR 7.66

BALE - P37(+6) G 17 A 13 MOM 3 AVR 7.57

TOURE - P33(+4) G 1 A 3 MOM 1 AVR 7.40

WILSHERE - P24(22) G 4 A 3 MOM 1 AVR 7.41

ASENSIO - P21(+11) G 2 A 7 MOM 4 AVR 7.59

CHAMBERLAIN - 17(+23) G 8 A 8 MOM 1 AVR 7.28

CAZORLA - P13(+20) G 3 A 3 MOM 1 AVR 7.20

CARRICK - P13(+7) G 0 A 0 MOM 0 AVR 6.87

OZIL - P42(+1) G 14 A 7 MOM 2 AVR 7.61

SANCHEZ - P44(+6) G 25 A 23 MOM 8 AVR 7.82

BARBOSA - P23(+9) G 14 A 3 MOM 1 AVR 7.49

PEREIRA - P3(+2) G 1 A 0 MOM 0 AVR 7.00

=========================================

MORATA - P44(+8) G 39 A 8 MOM 5 AVR 7.60

GIROUD - P20(+18) G 24 A 3 MOM 5 AVR 7.41

WELBECK - P3(+6) G 1 A 1 MOM 0 AVR 6.92

YOUTH

==========================================

NAVARRO - P0(+1) G 0 A 0 MOM 0 AVR 6.7

EYOMA - P0(+1) G 0 A 0 MOM 0 AVR 6.7

NUNNELY - P0(+1) G 0 A 0 MOM 0 AVR 6.7

[Youth Sides]

Neither youth side did particually well. The under 21s came 5th in the league. Again like last season they reached the semifinal of the youth cup but lost to Liverpool. Man United won the final for the second year in a row.

The Under 18's came 5th in group 1 before winning their Group B league. in the domstic cup they crashed out in the 3rd round to Charlton. However In the champions cup they had an epic run first loising the first group games to still qualify. Then beating Salzburg Chelsea and Benfica before finally losing to Manchester City in the final. With more good youngsters coming next season they should be better placed.

[Other News]

Callum wilson won the final player of the month. Barbosa got young player. I picked up manager of the month.

Chelsea sacked Mancini United sacked Anchelotti United hired Biesla while Anchelotti wet back to Chelsea.

The other top leagues were won by Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus and Monaco.

Our pre-season will consist of an American tour before hosting the Emirates Cup involving the brazilian argentine and french domestic Champions. Boca, Atletic Miniero and Monaco.

Wenger retired

Europa League Final - Man United 0-1 Valencia

[season 3 preview]

Only three youth players used this season which I will be looking to really ramp up next term. A few could come into the team from loan spells.

I will look to sell Cazorla, Welbeck, Chambers and Debuchy.

Ozil it is good to see that you are back with Arsenal again. Could I ask why you went with two playmakers in your set up. Does having a WP Playmaker and a Advance Playmaker make the team look for both playmakers or do they choose the right option. If you do not mind me asking mate what are your Team Instructions for your current asking save. Also do you give any PI to players. I would be intrested to know how you set up low block and medium could you give some advice in this area. If Cazorla was out would you use a WM or Winger instead or would it be another player to play on the wings as a Wide Playmaker.

Thanks

Decided to go with two playmakers for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I want to get the most out of Ozil and Cazorla. The downside is that it will mean we channel possession through them. However they are such good players, I don't mind too much. Cazorla, in particular, will generally have a lot of space and good passing options. I modify Ozil's player instructions during the game to ensure he finds space. In my standard set up, Ozil moves vertically - get forward option and naturally comes deep for the ball. If he is marked out of the game, I'll ask him to roam and move into the flanks.

Another key reason was that the Arsenal defence is not strong enough technically to play a Very Fluid system. Per Mertesacker is the last person I want involved in building up play and given extra freedom!

For Arsenal, Fluid or Flexible are better options than Very Fluid.

Re the team instructions for the low / medium block - it's the combination of closing down and defensive line. Low block = Lower defensive line & less pressing. Medium = Standard. High block = High line and high pressing (again, not a great idea with Mertesacker)..

When Cazorla is out, I typically replace with Wilshere in a wide midfield role.

============================================================

Hit the mid-point and Sanchez, Cazorla and Ozil are carrying us to the title. Spurs and Man City are the only competition but neither look particularly threatening.

guwIdNn.png

Sanchez, in particular is doing very well..

PZJSG2g.png

Meanwhile, I am hoping this goes some way to resolving our defensive problems. Unfortunately he is cup-tied for Europe.

1CHJY0J.png

Possibly solves the decade long problem of a commanding centre back! :D

Crucially - we negotiated a rotation contract, rather than first team or above. This means that Zouma can still be tutored.

Decided to go with two playmakers for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I want to get the most out of Ozil and Cazorla. The downside is that it will mean we channel possession through them. However they are such good players, I don't mind too much. Cazorla, in particular, will generally have a lot of space and good passing options. I modify Ozil's player instructions during the game to ensure he finds space. In my standard set up, Ozil moves vertically - get forward option and naturally comes deep for the ball. If he is marked out of the game, I'll ask him to roam and move into the flanks.

Another key reason was that the Arsenal defence is not strong enough technically to play a Very Fluid system. Per Mertesacker is the last person I want involved in building up play and given extra freedom!

For Arsenal, Fluid or Flexible are better options than Very Fluid.

Re the team instructions for the low / medium block - it's the combination of closing down and defensive line. Low block = Lower defensive line & less pressing. Medium = Standard. High block = High line and high pressing (again, not a great idea with Mertesacker)..

When Cazorla is out, I typically replace with Wilshere in a wide midfield role.

============================================================

Hit the mid-point and Sanchez, Cazorla and Ozil are carrying us to the title. Spurs and Man City are the only competition but neither look particularly threatening.

guwIdNn.png

Sanchez, in particular is doing very well..

PZJSG2g.png

Meanwhile, I am hoping this goes some way to resolving our defensive problems. Unfortunately he is cup-tied for Europe.

1CHJY0J.png

Possibly solves the decade long problem of a commanding centre back! :D

Crucially - we negotiated a rotation contract, rather than first team or above. This means that Zouma can still be tutored.

Ozil my plan is to buy a commanding centre back for Arsenal. I have Asymeric Laporta in my sights he will cost about 35 million but he has good mental stats and he his one for the future. Do you think having such a player will allow me to play a high block and a very fluid set up.

I see that you bought in Paul Pogba which is a great signing. Because I am going for Laporta I do not think I will have enough money for Pogba. Can you recommend a player that could be bought instead of Pogba.

I am guessing you are using standard and fluid. You mentioned that to play a low block it would be a slightly deeper d-line with less pressing. Do you give any PI to players for pressing more or less in your low block, medium block or high block systems.

I am correct in saying that to set up a medium block the d-line should be set to normal with closing down set to sometimes in Team Instruction. Do you use tight marking in medium and low block systems.

Could I ask if there is a reason why Ozil is positioned slightly to the right and the striker is positioned slightly to the left.

Also is there any PI given to your players in the Arsenal team and do you use any additional Team Instructions

Thanks for your help

I've spent pretty much all this year on FM managing around different teams in Europe and a long term save in Brazil, managing Santos (Gabigol <3). All my games barr my Santos save, have been primarly tactical adventures, experiments, saves. So, I wanted to get into a long term save in England and manage a team, for the sake of managing. I haven't been able to get into a England save , as the team I support frustrates the hell out of me, Wink wink, Newcastle.

So, I'm at Arsenal, just as frustrating? Absolutely, but I don't support them. So, to save more waffling and keep this post brief, lets explain and brief what ive been upto in the first few months of my save.

Pre-season

Arsenal_Senior_Fixtures.png

A pretty straight forward pre-season, aimed at building fitness and moral. I also laid down the basis for the system which I'm going to be using at Arsenal over this save. Not quite sure about what happened with the Tigres result, as I didnt actually take that game for some reason.

Transfers

Arsenal_Transfer_History.png

Again, not too busy and pretty straight forward transfer window. Chelsea, made me an great offer for Giroud, I didn't actually plan on selling him, but the offer was too good to turn down and off he went. Transfer in wise, Rugani joins on a season long loan with a £30m clause included which I will be activated around January time. I've also got him tutored by Monreal as soon as he joined, just to put the finishing touches to his personality. Otherwise hes the complete defender IMO, and i fell in love with him in a past AC Milan save, where he was the rock at the back of my Sachi tactic. Finally, in brought in Maia, who I have big plans for, he will be orchestrate my moves from the defensive midfield position, again another player i fell in love with in another save, Santos.

The System

Arsenal_Overview_2.png

This is the first iteration of the system I am going to be implementing through out this save, so take the above roles with a pinch of salt at this moment in time. The idea is, I HATE NUMBER 10's, so I wanted to build a system to get the best out of my best player, being Ozil, without using a number ten. So this is what I came up with, a utterly relentless possession based system, which some careful thinking has gone into to ensure that all the roles link together. Again, some tweaks will no doubt be needed. Now, what makes this so relentless is the lack of an out and out holding midfielder, I want an aggressor, not a holding midfielder who is just going to tackle, I wont need that, im going too dominate the ball, so I want him to step up with the team and orchestrate our attacks, always making himself available for the ball. I want us to be top of every passing/possession statistic in league, whilst adding the ruthlessness that Wenger cant seem to find in real life. I will do some proper analysis of this system once I have played enough games to be confident enough there are no creaks.

I also, hired a new Head of Youth Development, this guy goes very where with me on every save. Just qua-lit-tea!

Bernhard_Peters_Overview_Profile.png

Bernhard Peters.

Now I'm off to play, Au Revoir :brock:

Ozil my plan is to buy a commanding centre back for Arsenal. I have Asymeric Laporta in my sights he will cost about 35 million but he has good mental stats and he his one for the future. Do you think having such a player will allow me to play a high block and a very fluid set up.

I see that you bought in Paul Pogba which is a great signing. Because I am going for Laporta I do not think I will have enough money for Pogba. Can you recommend a player that could be bought instead of Pogba.

I am guessing you are using standard and fluid. You mentioned that to play a low block it would be a slightly deeper d-line with less pressing. Do you give any PI to players for pressing more or less in your low block, medium block or high block systems.

I am correct in saying that to set up a medium block the d-line should be set to normal with closing down set to sometimes in Team Instruction. Do you use tight marking in medium and low block systems.

Could I ask if there is a reason why Ozil is positioned slightly to the right and the striker is positioned slightly to the left.

Also is there any PI given to your players in the Arsenal team and do you use any additional Team Instructions

Thanks for your help

No, I am not using Very Fluid this time. I actually explain why in the post you quoted! :D

Laporte generally turns into an excellent defender for a Very Fluid system as he's intelligent and good on the ball. If I wasn't signing Pogba, plan b was to play Ramsey and bring in a youngster (ideally Bazoer, maybe Ruben Neves, Maia or even Locatelli / Mauri from Milan).

Yes you're correct about a medium block being normal defensive line and closing down. Tight marking depends on the circumstances but I probably would, yes.

No, I am not using Very Fluid this time. I actually explain why in the post you quoted! :D

Laporte generally turns into an excellent defender for a Very Fluid system as he's intelligent and good on the ball. If I wasn't signing Pogba, plan b was to play Ramsey and bring in a youngster (ideally Bazoer, maybe Ruben Neves, Maia or even Locatelli / Mauri from Milan).

Yes you're correct about a medium block being normal defensive line and closing down. Tight marking depends on the circumstances but I probably would, yes.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Ozil. With a CM S do you give them any additional PI. Also when playing Walcott as a striker do you still give him a Complete Forward Support role. I always thought Walcott was not good enough for such a role. I see that Sanchez is striker now. Did Giroud not meet the requirements of a CFS.

Once again thank you for all your help

I've spent pretty much all this year on FM managing around different teams in Europe and a long term save in Brazil, managing Santos (Gabigol <3). All my games barr my Santos save, have been primarly tactical adventures, experiments, saves. So, I wanted to get into a long term save in England and manage a team, for the sake of managing. I haven't been able to get into a England save , as the team I support frustrates the hell out of me, Wink wink, Newcastle.

So, I'm at Arsenal, just as frustrating? Absolutely, but I don't support them. So, to save more waffling and keep this post brief, lets explain and brief what ive been upto in the first few months of my save.

Pre-season

Arsenal_Senior_Fixtures.png

A pretty straight forward pre-season, aimed at building fitness and moral. I also laid down the basis for the system which I'm going to be using at Arsenal over this save. Not quite sure about what happened with the Tigres result, as I didnt actually take that game for some reason.

Transfers

Arsenal_Transfer_History.png

Again, not too busy and pretty straight forward transfer window. Chelsea, made me an great offer for Giroud, I didn't actually plan on selling him, but the offer was too good to turn down and off he went. Transfer in wise, Rugani joins on a season long loan with a £30m clause included which I will be activated around January time. I've also got him tutored by Monreal as soon as he joined, just to put the finishing touches to his personality. Otherwise hes the complete defender IMO, and i fell in love with him in a past AC Milan save, where he was the rock at the back of my Sachi tactic. Finally, in brought in Maia, who I have big plans for, he will be orchestrate my moves from the defensive midfield position, again another player i fell in love with in another save, Santos.

The System

Arsenal_Overview_2.png

This is the first iteration of the system I am going to be implementing through out this save, so take the above roles with a pinch of salt at this moment in time. The idea is, I HATE NUMBER 10's, so I wanted to build a system to get the best out of my best player, being Ozil, without using a number ten. So this is what I came up with, a utterly relentless possession based system, which some careful thinking has gone into to ensure that all the roles link together. Again, some tweaks will no doubt be needed. Now, what makes this so relentless is the lack of an out and out holding midfielder, I want an aggressor, not a holding midfielder who is just going to tackle, I wont need that, im going too dominate the ball, so I want him to step up with the team and orchestrate our attacks, always making himself available for the ball. I want us to be top of every passing/possession statistic in league, whilst adding the ruthlessness that Wenger cant seem to find in real life. I will do some proper analysis of this system once I have played enough games to be confident enough there are no creaks.

I also, hired a new Head of Youth Development, this guy goes very where with me on every save. Just qua-lit-tea!

Bernhard_Peters_Overview_Profile.png

Bernhard Peters.

Now I'm off to play, Au Revoir :brock:

I also like your Arsenal set up and what you want to achieve. I am not the biggest fans of number 10s either. But I always feel like I have to play Ozil has a number 10 because if don't then I am wasting his talent. It would be intrested to see how he does in APS role on the wing. I am also keen on how the Regista performs in the DMC position. I was always concerned about using such a role in DMC position because they I always thought that they do not make holding players. I do understand why you have chosen such a player in that position. It would be good to see how you deal with counter attacks with a Regista in the DMC position. I am surprised that Walcott is a F9 and Cazorla is a CM A. I would not even consider using those players in that position. It would be good to get your feedback on how they are performing.

That's an interesting looking team. I like it! :thup:
I also like your Arsenal set up and what you want to achieve. I am not the biggest fans of number 10s either. But I always feel like I have to play Ozil has a number 10 because if don't then I am wasting his talent. It would be intrested to see how he does in APS role on the wing. I am also keen on how the Regista performs in the DMC position. I was always concerned about using such a role in DMC position because they I always thought that they do not make holding players. I do understand why you have chosen such a player in that position. It would be good to see how you deal with counter attacks with a Regista in the DMC position. I am surprised that Walcott is a F9 and Cazorla is a CM A. I would not even consider using those players in that position. It would be good to get your feedback on how they are performing.

Thanks.

Yeah, I have a few choices to make, as Carzorla is performing pretty decent the way he is set up, but isn't linking up with Ozil the way I would like. I have two choices, as i think Cazorla would suit roaming playmaker better, however having 3 playmakers in a team is a bit overkill for me, so im currently experimenting with modifying the CM(S) role.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Ozil. With a CM S do you give them any additional PI. Also when playing Walcott as a striker do you still give him a Complete Forward Support role. I always thought Walcott was not good enough for such a role. I see that Sanchez is striker now. Did Giroud not meet the requirements of a CFS.

Once again thank you for all your help

Giroud just doesn't have enough pace, for me. I use Giroud as a backup for Ozil, just moving him forward to FC and playing a DLF(S) role. His arial ability offers a different dimension.

Hey everyone

Just finished my 1st season with Arsenal and it went ridiculously well. Actually ended up unbeaten with 100 plus points. I know I know you heard it all before and the cheat chants will be out. Not the case tho.

I used TFF tactic paragon and signed Higuain for 40 summit million. What a signing. I actually walked away from negotiations because of his asking wage but his agent come back to me saying they want to renegotiate. 1st time I've seen that happen. Also signed Ruganni on loan with a future fee of 26.5 mil which I have just purchased. Gaya will join in June so I just need a upgrade on le Coquelin.

Any suggestions?

Ozil if you bought in a player like Ruben Neves he looks more like a DLP would your midfield pair then change to DLP Defend and Central Midfield Support like your AC Milan save. I was just checking because Cazorla and Ozil are already playmakers and I did not know if you would play Neves as a DLP or Central Midfield Support. Could I ask if you give any PIs to Pogba or any other of the players in your set up.

I bought in Laporta and now I am changing to Very Fluid + Standard with High Block press, very identical to your AC Milan set up. Do you think I am commiting tactics suicide. Laporta has 16 pace but is acceleration is 12. I am hoping Arsenal team will be able to play this way. Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Your guides and tactical information as really helped me on FM16. I was just about to delete the game until I start reading your guides. I think they should consider making you a moderator if you are not one already.

Once again thank you and keep up the good work.

Hey everyone

Just finished my 1st season with Arsenal and it went ridiculously well. Actually ended up unbeaten with 100 plus points. I know I know you heard it all before and the cheat chants will be out. Not the case tho.

I used TFF tactic paragon and signed Higuain for 40 summit million. What a signing. I actually walked away from negotiations because of his asking wage but his agent come back to me saying they want to renegotiate. 1st time I've seen that happen. Also signed Ruganni on loan with a future fee of 26.5 mil which I have just purchased. Gaya will join in June so I just need a upgrade on le Coquelin.

Any suggestions?

What type of player are you after? A technical, deep-lying playmaker type or a destroyer?

Ozil if you bought in a player like Ruben Neves he looks more like a DLP would your midfield pair then change to DLP Defend and Central Midfield Support like your AC Milan save. I was just checking because Cazorla and Ozil are already playmakers and I did not know if you would play Neves as a DLP or Central Midfield Support. Could I ask if you give any PIs to Pogba or any other of the players in your set up.

I bought in Laporta and now I am changing to Very Fluid + Standard with High Block press, very identical to your AC Milan set up. Do you think I am commiting tactics suicide. Laporta has 16 pace but is acceleration is 12. I am hoping Arsenal team will be able to play this way. Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Your guides and tactical information as really helped me on FM16. I was just about to delete the game until I start reading your guides. I think they should consider making you a moderator if you are not one already.

Once again thank you and keep up the good work.

No PIs for Pogba. Just a classic Midfield Support role. He has PPMs which make him attack and shoot from range which adds an interesting dynamic.

With Laporte and Koscielny, my suggestion would be to play your first season with flexible / fluid shape. Give them time to adapt and let Laporte's attributes shoot up. See where you are at the end of the season and think about changing to a Very Fluid system.

Re your question about playing a DLP - you're confusing two systems here. I am not playing very fluid with Arsenal. I am currently using Attack + Fluid and I explain why a couple of posts above. My holding midfielder is playing a different role - a very defensive role. Ruben Neves is a great player but more of a playmaker and perhaps wasted in my system. Should be able to post another update later today where I'll try and explain better!

What type of player are you after? A technical, deep-lying playmaker type or a destroyer?

No PIs for Pogba. Just a classic Midfield Support role. He has PPMs which make him attack and shoot from range which adds an interesting dynamic.

With Laporte and Koscielny, my suggestion would be to play your first season with flexible / fluid shape. Give them time to adapt and let Laporte's attributes shoot up. See where you are at the end of the season and think about changing to a Very Fluid system.

Re your question about playing a DLP - you're confusing two systems here. I am not playing very fluid with Arsenal. I am currently using Attack + Fluid and I explain why a couple of posts above. My holding midfielder is playing a different role - a very defensive role. Ruben Neves is a great player but more of a playmaker and perhaps wasted in my system. Should be able to post another update later today where I'll try and explain better!

Sorry I got confused I thought you were playing Standard + fluid. Well I am not the greatest fan of using a DLP in midfield. I would rather keep the central pair simple CMS + CMD I can then use PI and shape how I want them to play. If they also have some good PPMs then that could add a different dynamic to the midfield

Giroud just doesn't have enough pace, for me. I use Giroud as a backup for Ozil, just moving him forward to FC and playing a DLF(S) role. His arial ability offers a different dimension.

Would playing a DLF (S) and CFS restrict your goal scoring opportunities. I always thought that when you play a DLF (S) then the other striker needs to be on a attack duty like Advance Forward Attack, Poacher or CF (A)

I play Coquelin in centre mid with defend duty so more of a destroyer. My current lineup is

Rulli

Bellerin

Stones

Rugani

Gaya

Coquelin

Wilshere

Walcott

Ozil

Alexis

Higuain

I have Tielemans as backup to Coquelin but I feel he's know where near ready yet.

Would playing a DLF (S) and CFS restrict your goal scoring opportunities. I always thought that when you play a DLF (S) then the other striker needs to be on a attack duty like Advance Forward Attack, Poacher or CF (A)

Yes, when I make that switch I would switch my other striker to AF(A). I do notice we don't perform quite as well but it's difficult to say whether that's tactics or the gulf in ability between Giroud & Ozil.

End of 2015/16 Season

We enjoyed a good season in the league. We were by no means perfect, but significantly better than our competition.

V3W70Jr.png

For me it was our midfield who won us the title. Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla contributed 47 league goals between them and created enough to allow Theo Walcott 23 league goals himself, finishing 3rd in the Golden Boot behind Vardy & Kane.

JYHbYay.png[/img]

h6HXKL1.png

gjkm9LR.png

Walcott enjoyed an excellent first half of the season scoring almost a goal per game for the first half of the season but then slumped in the second half meaning the aforementioned midfield had to carry us to the title.

aCQIhn3.png

Zouma joined in January and settled in well. By the end of the season he had overtaken Per Mertesacker as my first choice.

The Tactics

I stuck to the 4-4-2 shape described at the start. Fluid + Attack + Low Block TIs.

Ca5VcIF.png

I was shocked how counter-attacking we were. Look at this..

DKkNk5W.png

43.26% average possession over the season!! Hello, Leicester! I can't say it didn't work. We scored 100+ league goals and broke Chelsea's point record by a solitary point.

E9ABaWd.png

Beat Man Utd 5-0 with 44% possession

EvON6jO.png

Beat Chelsea 3-0 with 37% possession

It was more effective in the first half of the season than the second. When sides began sitting back more, we struggled. Particularly Walcott had a season of 2 halves.

Next year, I intend to play more of a possession game. Still attacking and quick but ideally 45-50% in most games and 50-55% against lower teams.

The Summer Transfers

Over the summer, my primary business is to cash in on Walcott & Giroud. Walcott had 1/2 a great season, high value and lots of clubs interested. Giroud did OK but I'd like Iwobi and Welbeck as my backup strikers. Giroud is also older, on big wages and clubs are interested.

I'll need to replace Walcott and have one major target in mind. Slightly different search for me as I am not looking for the typical "complete" striker I normally use. Here I want a pacy goalscorer to upgrade Theo.

Elneny has to go too as he is whining all season. Certainly need one more midfielder to replace.

Following the Bayern theme - I've already got multiple offers out, less than a week after the CL final. Looking to have all business done ready for the window to open for a full pre-season.

Financially signing Pogba, Jorge and Zouma then offering big new contracts to Sanchez and Ozil pushed us pretty close to the line. I now anticipate one more aggressive transfer window before having a settled team.

bQplzOI.png

End of 2015/16 Season

We enjoyed a good season in the league. We were by no means perfect, but significantly better than our competition.

V3W70Jr.png

For me it was our midfield who won us the title. Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla contributed 47 league goals between them and created enough to allow Theo Walcott 23 league goals himself, finishing 3rd in the Golden Boot behind Vardy & Kane.

V3W70Jr.png

h6HXKL1.png

gjkm9LR.png

Walcott enjoyed an excellent first half of the season scoring almost a goal per game for the first half of the season but then slumped in the second half meaning the aforementioned midfield had to carry us to the title.

aCQIhn3.png

Zouma joined in January and settled in well. By the end of the season he had overtaken Per Mertesacker as my first choice.

The Tactics

I stuck to the 4-4-2 shape described at the start. Fluid + Attack + Low Block TIs.

Ca5VcIF.png

DKkNk5W.png

43.26% average possession over the season!! Hello, Leicester! I can't say it didn't work. We scored 100+ league goals and broke Chelsea's point record by a solitary point.

E9ABaWd.png

EvON6jO.png

It was more effective in the first half of the season than the second. When sides began sitting back more, we struggled. Particularly Walcott had a season of 2 halves.

Next year, I intend to play more of a possession game. Still attacking and quick but ideally 45-50% in most games and 50-55% against lower teams.

The Summer Transfers

Over the summer, my primary business is to cash in on Walcott & Giroud. Walcott had 1/2 a great season, high value and lots of clubs interested. Giroud did OK but I'd like Iwobi and Welbeck as my backup strikers. Giroud is also older, on big wages and clubs are interested.

I'll need to replace Walcott and have one major target in mind. Slightly different search for me as I am not looking for the typical "complete" striker I normally use. Here I want a pacy goalscorer to upgrade Theo.

Elneny has to go too as he is whining all season. Certainly need one more midfielder to replace.

Following the Bayern theme - I've already got multiple offers out, less than a week after the CL final. Looking to have all business done ready for the window to open for a full pre-season.

Financially signing Pogba, Jorge and Zouma then offering big new contracts to Sanchez and Ozil pushed us pretty close to the line. I now anticipate one more aggressive transfer window before having a settled team.

bQplzOI.png

Ozil I am using the following TI to set up low block defence. Could you let me know if this looks right

D-Line set to normal, Closing Down Sometimes and Tighter Marking + pass into space + play out of defence.

Like you I want to play possession game with Arsenal in the future. I will set up my TI in the following way to get a possession game. Could you advice if I am on the right track with my TIs do you think I need to add or take anything away.

Very Fluid + Attack

Higher D-Line

Closing Down More

Mark Tightly

Low or mixed crosses (depending on th striker playing)

Ozil I am using the following TI to set up low block defence. Could you let me know if this looks right

D-Line set to normal, Closing Down Sometimes and Tighter Marking + pass into space + play out of defence.

Like you I want to play possession game with Arsenal in the future. I will set up my TI in the following way to get a possession game. Could you advice if I am on the right track with my TIs do you think I need to add or take anything away.

Very Fluid + Attack

Higher D-Line

Closing Down More

Mark Tightly

Low or mixed crosses (depending on th striker playing)

That looks good to me. For the low block I actually used Much Deeper and Less Closing down but that resulted in ~40% possession so it depends if you want to be that counter attacking. Normal defensive line and and pressing aka medium block seems to be resulting in ~45-50% possession.

End of 2015/16 Season

V3W70Jr.png

JYHbYay.png[/img]

h6HXKL1.png

gjkm9LR.png

aCQIhn3.png

The Tactics

Ca5VcIF.png

DKkNk5W.png

E9ABaWd.png

EvON6jO.png

The Summer Transfers

bQplzOI.png

That looks good to me. For the low block I actually used Much Deeper and Less Closing down but that resulted in ~40% possession so it depends if you want to be that counter attacking. Normal defensive line and and pressing aka medium block seems to be resulting in ~45-50% possession.

Because I am bit slow tactically I want to clarify. The TI below can help to achieve a higher possession game is that correct.

Fluid + Attacking

Normal D-Line

Closing Down Sometimes

Tighter Marking

I have Fluid + Attacking would going to very fluid make a big difference to possession or am I just opening up myself for trouble.

Also when the sides stayed back more in the second half the season did you switch to standard. I have been following all your post and it seems to be that you use the standard mentality most of the time so I was a surprise when you went with Attack + Fluid with your current Arsenal Save. Was there a specific reason for the switch. Would you recommend Very Fluid + Standard for Arsenal it seems to work with your Ajax and AC Milan teams and they both have less technical players than Arsenal and they seem to do well with Standard +!Very Fluid set up

Sorry for all the questions I am just getting my love for this game back because I am starting to understand how this all fits together now.

It depends entirely how you would like to play.

At the moment I think you may be confusing two systems. In the Milan thread, I play 4-4-1-1 in a very fluid shape, standard mentality and high block TIs. At the moment, with Arsenal, I am still playing 4-4-1-1 but in a fluid shape with an attacking mentality and a medium block (standard defensive line & pressing).

The two styles of play are similar, but subtly different.

Milan press hard, control the game and play attacking football through having highly technical players all over the pitch.

Arsenal sit a little deeper, let the opposition come forward. We wait for a mistake and then attack quickly through a high mentality which means high tempo and width, and quick players such as Walcott and Sanchez. Fluid shape means we are broadly split into two units of defensive players and attacking players. Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez, Theo and Jorge make up my attacking unit. Zouma, Koscielny, Coquelin and Belerin are more defensive. Pogba is a very complete player in the centre of the park - he holds a key defensive position, forming a double pivot protecting defence yet also had freedom and PPMs that make him get forward.

In Milan, the team is made of complete players - intelligent, technical and hard working - all across the team.

My Arsenal team is still fluid, but in comparison to Milan slightly more specialist. We have Ozil and Cazorla acting as a playmakers, Coquelin and Zouma are primarily defensive players and Walcott is a typical specialist pacy striker - not great intelligence, work rate of technical ability.

Milan control games much more and whereas Arsenal attack at speed.

Does that make sense?

End of 2015/16 Season

V3W70Jr.png

JYHbYay.png[/img]

h6HXKL1.png

gjkm9LR.png

aCQIhn3.png

The Tactics

Ca5VcIF.png

DKkNk5W.png

E9ABaWd.png

EvON6jO.png

The Summer Transfers

bQplzOI.png

It depends entirely how you would like to play.

At the moment I think you may be confusing two systems. In the Milan thread, I play 4-4-1-1 in a very fluid shape, standard mentality and high block TIs. At the moment, with Arsenal, I am still playing 4-4-1-1 but in a fluid shape with an attacking mentality and a medium block (standard defensive line & pressing).

The two styles of play are similar, but subtly different.

Milan press hard, control the game and play attacking football through having highly technical players all over the pitch.

Arsenal sit a little deeper, let the opposition come forward. We wait for a mistake and then attack quickly through a high mentality which means high tempo and width, and quick players such as Walcott and Sanchez. Fluid shape means we are broadly split into two units of defensive players and attacking players. Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez, Theo and Jorge make up my attacking unit. Zouma, Koscielny, Coquelin and Belerin are more defensive. Pogba is a very complete player in the centre of the park - he holds a key defensive position, forming a double pivot protecting defence yet also had freedom and PPMs that make him get forward.

In Milan, the team is made of complete players - intelligent, technical and hard working - all across the team.

My Arsenal team is still fluid, but in comparison to Milan slightly more specialist. We have Ozil and Cazorla acting as a playmakers, Coquelin and Zouma are primarily defensive players and Walcott is a typical specialist pacy striker - not great intelligence, work rate of technical ability.

Milan control games much more and whereas Arsenal attack at speed.

Does that make sense?

Thanks now I understand a little more about the two set ups and how they differ. So you do not use tighter marking with Arsenal but change to higher tempo and increase width using TIs I just have a question about when you mentioned using Giroud as DLF (S) instead of Ozil. When Grroud gets moved to striker position you then have a CFS and DLF (S) how does this work. I always thought that a DLF (S) should babe paired with a CF (A) AF (A) or Poacher.

2016 Summer Transfer Window

FPHvwQl.png

Ppphew, I need a cup of tea after that one! :D

Wenger worked some magic in his Director of Football role negotiating Walcott's big money move to Liverpool whilst I negotiated the Martial deal.

Maybe some people will be surprised at signing an important player from Manchester United but to me, it makes sense. Martial has been one of my favourite strikers for a couple of years now and it is a real shame we let him go to Man Utd rather than stump up the cash. If I had to guess, with the major TV deal and huge $ in England this is the way the market is going. We'll see a lot more players transferring from one major English club to another, similar to Italian football in the 1990s.

QuawhJ5.png

Martial's transfer broke the club transfer record by #1m.

The crucial aspect of Martial's transfer was that after a reasonably troubled first season I was able to sign him on a rotation contract, which means this can happen.

XRCMGRm.png

This gives me the opportunity to have a very good player, with very good potential and a very good personality. Add into that game-time and that's the recipe for a superstar.

FxO8yCS.png

In order to make the room to give Martial game time, I cashed in on Theo Walcott in another England-to-England major transfer. Arsene Wenger earned his keep, negotiating a wonderful deal.

Carvalho also slipped in, reasonably under the radar meaning my team now looks like this:

yeJQqye.png

Coquelin is going to be an interesting point. I really like the guy but wanted someone more physical holding the midfield. I am also seeing problems with balance playing Bellerin and Jorge at the same time so I am going to be rotating Coquelin with Bellerin on the right. Between the two of them I have exciting options at right back.

We got off to a solid start in the Community Shield vs Spurs.

NlG4LaO.png

Archived