FM16: Arsenal FC - Why Fly When You Can Walk on Water

FMFanatic2016

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beginning to lose my patience with ozil. doing crap for me in an ACM of a 4231. Advanced playmaker support should suit him a treat no?

role: advance playmaker

duty: attack

player instructions: get further forward, close down less, hold up ball, move into channels

this suit him the best in my arsenal save.

My first post here. What's people's thoughts on left back situation? First season in January both Gibbs and monreal are good steady but want to bring in someone quality to hold down that position for the future any joys or ideas?!?

try Layvin Kurzawa

in my save, i kept nacho for 2 seasons & gibbs for 4 season (sold in january 2018/2019). they were decent and good players to me.

i bought kurzawa (25 y/o) for £39.5M in 2017/2018 in january transfers, but he was out injured that time for 4 months. his attributes slightly dropped during his injury but i had high hopes for him, he made 7 apps with 1 assist in the 1st season avg rating 7.11 and in 2018/2019 (2nd season) he managed to achieve 7.78 avg rating (29 apps, 4 goals, 15 assist, 3 PoTM). i've just finished my 4th season. looking forward to see his performance in the next season.

in my fm15 save, i bought jonas hector. a quality player. u can try him as well.

Just finished my first season with Arsenal. Finished 3rd behind Chelsea and Spurs and knocked out of champions league in the Quarters. Not a great season but didn't have a striker that consistently scored. Thought Pato joining in January would help but was a massive disappointment.

Signed: Stones, Pato, Berardi, Wanyama (sold to Utd already), Tielemans.

Sold: Giroud, Monreal, Gabriel

Online game so my mate is Utd (finished 5th). He has proposed a swap of Laporte and Martial for Sanchez. Thinking in the long run Martial will be awesome and i do have Berardi,Ox and Wallcott who can also play in the wide areas so would be 4 in all. Signed Dybala to hopefully solve the goalscoring problem and also have Rafina from Barca coming in as cover all over the park as ran out of steam over Christmas. My dilemma is do i go ahead with the swap as Sanchez has been disappointing (won Players Player with an average rating of lower than 7.5 and goals and assists both below 15) and also go for it and buy Pogba for £60m to help in the middle or do i focus on youth for a season or two as have some brilliant prospects. Not sure they will win me the league though.

Mate who is utd has gone all out after missing champions league and got some class players (Lukaku etc) so not wanting to fall behind him even though i was 15 points ahead last season.

Any suggestions or a new direction that has worked for anyone?

just started a new 'save' with Arsenal by which I mean I used the editor to build a bit of a dream team using a 4-2-2-2 wide( like a flat 4-4-2 but with the winger pushed up into AMR/L positions 2 games in and I've got a 3-1 Vs West ham(away) 5-1 Vs Man City (home) and 6-0 Vs Pool(away)

I used Sanchez to tutor him.

That would help, currently got him being tutored by Cazorla, also looking to re-work him into a natural MC to play in my AP-A role, done well in few games used in first team thus far, scored within a min of coming on as sub in last outing.

Are you playing a 4-2-3-1 judging by the list? If Sanchez is an inside forward on the left wing then that is a serious goal return. 3 central midfielders there in Rambo, Ross and Mesut and none of them are defensively minded, great ratings.

Yeah initially Utd wanted silly money for Shaw on me save also, but in Jan of 2017 he became transfer listed, due to lack of games, so did a deal paying £25m upfront, with 20% of profit on next sale going to them, plus £12.5m after 50 games, £7.5m after 50 goals and £2.5m after 10 international appearances. So overall not bad value imo, as as you say they initially wanted £100m odd at start of save and I don't see him scoring 50 goals to boot. This was then offset by selling Gibbs to Utd for £30m in the following Summer, leaving us with Shaw as starter and Targett as backup/reserve/rotational option.

He picked up a hernia injury at the start of that season and then couldn't really kick Blind out of the left back position, weirdly, but hey it worked in our favour so am happy. He played 23 (4) in 15/16 and then 8 (9) in 16/17 before we took him in Jan of that season, he also had a hernia in 15/16, so am trying to keep well rested with Targett getting fair deal of game time in lesser fixtures.

Season 1 Review

With the squad being so strong from the start I decided not to make too many changes. The main target was a Central Defender with Mertesacker being too slow for my tactic. I decided on John Stones (being young & English) and had a cash plus Mertesacker offer accepted, but he eventually chose Man U over us (as you will see later on he probably now regrets the decision). I therefore switched my attention to Medhi Benatia who proved to be a great purchase.

I had intended to offload Giroud at the end of the first season, but when Juventus came knocking with a £32m offer it was too good to turn down. I then decided to return the money straight back to Juventus to snap up Alvaro Morata, and it was definitely money well spent! Paulista threw his toys out of the pram just before the January transfer window so I decided to let him go and replaced him with Bazoer from Ajax, who although is naturally a DM he has the stats to be a great DC.

A couple of youngsters were also brought in for the future (Dozell & Nyambe).

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History_zps5zjrok45.png

The season went pretty well with only 6 defeats throughout the whole season (the last game was a 1-1 draw at home to Stoke, but not worth a further screenshot for one game);

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures_zpsal2sdkfl.png Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-2_zpsuextqgnr.png Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-3_zpsgm87grru.png

The Premier League title was wrapped up fairly comfortably with a few games remaining, unfortunately we fell just short of the 100 goal landmark;

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages_zps1wqhnspf.png

We also performed well in the remaining competitions winning the Community Shield, losing in the final of the Capital Cup to Liverpool, losing in the semi-final of the FA Cup to Chelsea and losing in the semi-final of the Champions League to Juventus. Hopefully we can pick up a few of these trophies next season.

The squad performed exceptionally well, with the real standouts for me being Hector Bellerin and Alvaro Morata. Ramsay had two very costly sendings off in the final of the Capital One Cup and the semi final of the FA Cup;

Squad_%20Players%20Players_zps7lyemffb.pngSquad_%20Players%20Players-2_zpshqsacenk.png

I already have deals in place for next season for Marc Andre ter Stegen (£25m), Timo Horn (£6.5m) & Breel Embolo (£15m). I will be selling Cech, Ospina, Szczesny and Campbell to make way for the new signings and I will also offload Debuchy to bring in the returning Carl Jenkinson, leaving my first team/reserve team looking like this;

GK (Sweeper Keeper – Support) – ter Stegen / Horn

DCR (Central Defender – Defend) – Benatia / Chambers

DCL (Central Defender – Defend) – Koscielny / Bazoer

WBR (Wing Back – Attack) – Bellerin / Jenkinson

WBL (Wing Back – Attack) – Gibbs / Monreal

MCR (Roaming Playmaker – Support) – Cazorla / Wilshere

MC (Deep Lying Playmaker – Defend) - Ramsey / Coquelin

MCR (Roaming Playmaker – Support) – Ozil / Ox

STCR (Deep Lying Forward – Support) – Walcott / Reine-Adelaide

STC (Poacher – Attack) – Morata / Welbeck

STCL (Deep Lying Forward – Attack) – Sanchez / Embolo

Hi everyone.

Just need some advise on where I should look to strengthen/replace at the end of season 1.

Ive not really changed the team apart from selling Arteta and Flamini and bringing in some midfield defensive options, Krychowiak, Meli and attacking winger Zikovic.

I have a few players (gibbs and debuchy) who have complained about lack of first team football, The latter will get sold hopefully so I would need a backup option for the excellent Bellerin.

Will try to keep gibbs happy but would like to get a better player here if i sell Monreal.

In the centre paulista has also complained but I'm playing him ahead of Mertesacker currently. Would like another high potential young defender here as I may sell Mert.

Pretty stacked in midfield with all the creative players.

I also could do with a decent False 9 type player?? Giroud does not seem to sort the role.

Thanks

Why aren't you playing Gibbs? He has been immense for me (as you can see in my season review in the post above).

Ive been playing Monreal who has been the better for me, but I would rather improve on this position but keep Gibbs who is younger.

Hi everyone.

Just need some advise on where I should look to strengthen/replace at the end of season 1.

Ive not really changed the team apart from selling Arteta and Flamini and bringing in some midfield defensive options, Krychowiak, Meli and attacking winger Zikovic.

I have a few players (gibbs and debuchy) who have complained about lack of first team football, The latter will get sold hopefully so I would need a backup option for the excellent Bellerin.

Will try to keep gibbs happy but would like to get a better player here if i sell Monreal.

In the centre paulista has also complained but I'm playing him ahead of Mertesacker currently. Would like another high potential young defender here as I may sell Mert.

Pretty stacked in midfield with all the creative players.

I also could do with a decent False 9 type player?? Giroud does not seem to sort the role.

Thanks

Jenkinson will be back from loan at West Ham and looks like a solid back-up to Bellerin.

For a young backup CD Emanuel Mammana seems to be hot property on this version and costs £6m, although he may have already gone by the end of season one. I brought in Bazoer from Ajax who despite being a natural DM looks like he could be a great DC and I am re-training him accordingly.

Not sure on the DL position though as I am sticking with Gibbs as first choice, although I may try and bring in Creswell to back him up. Matthew Targett at Southampton also looks like a promising understudy.

Thanks, forgot about Jenkinson so thats that problem solved.

As for left back Jose Gaya is on my radar but I will see.

Just on the lookout for a top striker who is suited for the false9 role, walcott has been doing ok there but I may sell Giroud.

Currently playing as Arsenal in January transfer window of 1st season. Have had bids accepted and agreed terms for both Bernardo Silva & Marco Reus, but only want to sign one and not sure which to go for! Any suggestions?

Reus transfer is approx £67m inc. signing on fees etc., and Bernardo Silva is only £21.5m.

Reus better player at present but Silva potential to surpass Reus and £40m cheaper!!

I got the board to sign Reus for me at around the same price. He was world player of the year, premier league player of the year and players player of the year. Whilst the price seems large it ended up a bargain.

And also he got no injuries at all.

Its funny how you can play with the same players on different saves yielding such varied results. My new save (updated DB) saw Giroud get 31 goals and 10 assists in the EPL in 22 starts and 2 sub appearances, with John Stones and some kids apart, the starting squad.

Thanks, forgot about Jenkinson so thats that problem solved.

As for left back Jose Gaya is on my radar but I will see.

Just on the lookout for a top striker who is suited for the false9 role, walcott has been doing ok there but I may sell Giroud.

Chambers has been a good backup DR for me:

Cjb9KKa.png

At DL, I have Gaya and Jorge, with the latter being better technically but weaker mentally for me:

BPwpgsI.png

Thank's Scribe, think I will go for Jose Gaya as he has been on my radar for a while and I prefer players with better mental stats, not sure if he is worth the £35m clause he has in his contract though?

Anyone know some good false 9 type players.

cheers

I think he is worth the 35m.

What's your budget for the F9?

well not sure really yet as ive not reached the end of season 1 but i do have a healthy 112m transfer kity due to the board making extra funds available to me, I presume it will be even more come summer, but there is a few positions I want to strenghten such as left back.

well not sure really yet as ive not reached the end of season 1 but i do have a healthy 112m transfer kity due to the board making extra funds available to me, I presume it will be even more come summer, but there is a few positions I want to strenghten such as left back.

I signed Dybala as a f9 start of 2nd season he now scores/assists for fun. He did cost a hefty £65m though but been well worth it.

I see that there are a few screenshots of the youth coming through but has anyone given the likes of Jeff, Crowley or Vlad a run in the first team? If so how did they get on. Really tempted to play Vlad a bit more going into the 3rd season as he has developed immensely over the last season and Dan Crowley gets POM every game for the U21 team. But in the centre i do have Ramsey, Pogba, Tielemans, Wishire and Coq so pretty stacked out.

Guys was this a good deal.

PSG came in for Paulista in the January window who was playing quite regular for me but I was planning on strengthening here at the end of the season 1, I negotiated up to 17.25m and I have bought in John Stones as his replacement for £38m potentially rising to £46m.

Whats the most you guys have spent on John Stones?

I signed Dybala as a f9 start of 2nd season he now scores/assists for fun. He did cost a hefty £65m though but been well worth it.

I paid £61m and he is averaging over a goal a game (but as a complete forward). Other options for an F9 would be Neymar if you're feeling flush, otherwise Embolo, Barbosa, Lacazette and the like. A couple of wild cards would be Zach Clough, Luan or even Carlos Tevez or Vela.

Guys was this a good deal.

PSG came in for Paulista in the January window who was playing quite regular for me but I was planning on strengthening here at the end of the season 1, I negotiated up to 17.25m and I have bought in John Stones as his replacement for £38m potentially rising to £46m.

Whats the most you guys have spent on John Stones?

I sold Paulista for 26m to Barcelona rising to 31m and picked up Stones for 32m (transfer listed by request).

Dammit Scribe, and to make it worse Alexis only came 3rd, robbed by couple of players named Messi and Ronaldo, think they play in Spain. Did just have a 7 - 1 win at home to L'pool, all 8 goals came in first half, surely no beat that.

Scribe, I would be really interested to see your tactic and Pi's if possible? I have posted mine earlier in the thread but can't seem to get the goals I want from my front man. I seem to just sit in 1 -0 or 2- 0 ranges, which is okay but I now feel I want to open up a few more goals if that makes sense. Just so long as I keep the shape and yours might be cool to see if that is okay ( purely as you have a lot of success).

Dammit Scribe, and to make it worse Alexis only came 3rd, robbed by couple of players named Messi and Ronaldo, think they play in Spain. Did just have a 7 - 1 win at home to L'pool, all 8 goals came in first half, surely no beat that.

I can't beat that one... yet ;)

Scribe, I would be really interested to see your tactic and Pi's if possible? I have posted mine earlier in the thread but can't seem to get the goals I want from my front man. I seem to just sit in 1 -0 or 2- 0 ranges, which is okay but I now feel I want to open up a few more goals if that makes sense. Just so long as I keep the shape and yours might be cool to see if that is okay ( purely as you have a lot of success).

I think the success I have is due to the calibre of players I have rather than anything else to tell the truth, but here's my tactic:

iDrzaIY.png

I have quite a lot of PI's but I can't be bothered posting them all tonight, sorry!

Barcelona came in with a 35m offer for Sanchez in season 1 winter window, obviously I rejected.

Next thing I have is Sanchez moaning that he wasn't allowed to talk to barca and have the chance to play at a big club!! What why would you want to go back there? you just left the club and Im still in all competitions and top of the league currently. Bizarre.

Anyway I promised him Im going to invest in the squad at the end of the season.

Not quite sure what calibre of player will please him? I have Gaya and Dybala on my potential targets.

So I have been following this thread some and playing through my own Arsenal save (still in the first season, I don't get to play much and when I do I like to really pay attention to games). I will perhaps post some stuff when the season is over.

But I did want to share one experience that showed me just how realistic FM really is...

I was playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Went up 1-0 before half... they brought it back at some point... and then scored again to make it 1-2.

So anyway, we are in like the 87th minute, same score. Ozil sends a ball over the top to Walcott who is all alone and on the break - I'm thinking for a moment 'hey, we'll tie this **** up'.

John Terry then decides to dive in (this all happened quickly - walcott received the ball, it was clear he was in front of terry, but terry was right behind him). Fouls Walcott, denial of an obvious goal scoring opportunity, is given the red card and out of the game.

but of course, there was so little time left that we couldn't make our man advantage count.

I end the game thinking - well, at least SI got the Chelsea cheaters right...

Archived